Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

airwolfe

How are my framerates ?

I am currently running FSX on Vista64 Ultimate. My PC specs are listed below, but I would like to point out that I am using a TH2Go with three 22" Samsung Syncmasters and a 4th monitor for instruments on the second output of my 9800GTX. When I slide every...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airwolfe on
ollyau

End of Flight Sim?

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21981 January 22, 2009 Report: Microsoft Makes Big Cuts At Flight Sim Studio Report: Microsoft Makes Big Cuts At Flight Sim Studio Redmond, Washington-based ACES Studio, the Microsoft-owned in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
otter

Microsoft laid off the Flight sim developers today?! :(

Just heard this on a gaming forum - no FS11? Say it aint so http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21981 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
psalm10720

32 or 64 bit plus video

Realizing that things change.... currently.... is it better to stay with 32 bit for the moment or move into 64 bit... Knowing the 8800 Ultra is soon to be released is there a best bang for the buck video card? I am thinking of upgrading to a new mother...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
psalm10720 on
beroun

Real Weather Downloads

Hi, I cannot download the real weather today (Jan 1😎 anyplace in the US. Europe and South America seems OK. It is snowing in NYC and weather comes up clear with 50 miles visibility. California, Miami and ORD all show clear 50 miles visibility, so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
lkw

Addressing MAAM DC3 windows

Working on 2d windows this xml worked with fs9 <Gauge Name="MAAM_Quadrant" Version="1.0"> <Image Name="Icon_X.bmp" ImageSizes="19,19"/> <Mouse> <Help ID="HELPID_GAUGE_TOGGLE_Quadrant_WINDOW"/> <Cursor Ty...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
ehuang6

Editing Airline Callsigns

Is there any way to delete airline callsigns? :groupwave:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
supermoocow

Professional Flight Simulation System

Hi I am selling my flight simulation system on ebay, this is a professional system for the serious enthusiast. If you’re interested see my ebay ad: PS. I hope I have posted this in the right section, apologies if I haven’t! Danny...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
2robplaying on
1LtLoric

FSX Crashes at 100 Percent?

I recently installed a plane a friend gave me, an Alphajet Flyboys mod. Ever since, FSX would get a fatal error at 100 percent loading. I removed the aircraft, but the problem sticks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
beroun

FSX Front Cockpit View

Hi, I prefer to take-off/fly and land in Instrument Panel view. For some reason in FSX, in instrument panel view I canot raise or lower the view (Shift+Enter or Shift+Backspace). Lowering the view is mainly required when landing - to see the runway. FS20...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
Accelor

Need help on how to Nav too capturing glide slope

I can't get it right when in nav mode. When tuned to GPS no problem establishing ILS but I understand, or not that GPS doesn't get the vertical signal so you cant establish glide slope. ❓ So I enter course, select NAV, enter vor freq into nav 1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
windows1212

Intro FSX music

Hi, I´ve some cuestions: How can I ear the intro music of FSX, in another programm? How can I copy? Where is it locate, in which folder? Thank´s for all Bye....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dtdb on
beroun

FSX Install mystery

Hi, Have installed FSX on my new laptop. No shortcut icon appeared on my desktop! and my Program files did not show the link either. Finally I loooked at My Compter and found different Program Files folder marked Progam Files (x86). That is where I found...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
1LtLoric

Your Aircraft List

Hey all, I thought I'd start his little thread about what addon aircraft you all have in your aircraft fleet. As the starter of this thread, I thought I might start.. AerialFoundry F-18 Alphasim T-34C Alphasim AH-64D Alphasim MH-53 Alphasim SR-71 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
Rafman

Over sized lights using Matrox and FSX

😀 Rafman Hi Guys, I am running Matrox using three screens in FSX and I'm having problems with the over sized lights on runway, approach and taxi. Is there any way of reducing the brightness so I can see. Thanks Rafman 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafman on
mitch0508

Flight planner problem

Hi I have a problem with the flight planner in FSX. When i go in and select a flight plan and then i go in to the edit section to edit the altitude and the flight route and i click ok to save the plan and then fly it, it doesnt do anything so i cant fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mitch0508 on
mpf858

ALA Littoria to Napoli - Fire??

Anyone know how to fly this? After landing at Napoli, the oil/fuel warning lights came on, and when I went through final arrow (ignoring the warnings) the game didn’t end. I must have to deal with those lights first – ?? This is a Grumman sea plane,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
7ECA-Captain

CH vs Saitek

Best of the season all... I am considering getting rid of my CH controllers and replacing them with the Saitek line which offer more realistic options and seem to be a whole lot better. Have any of you tried or are using Saitek? I like the look of the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Karlw

fsx Config?

Sorry to ask this but what is the fsx config file labeled? I need to edit it. Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
bb42

[ Poll ] SimPit

I'm not really sure if this is the right section to be posting this but, i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience owning, building or using a home built cockpit replica for fun or with a flight Sim program. I myself am interested in making a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
GundamWZero

So it has finally been done!!!!

I FINALLY HAVE MY YF-19!!!! 😳 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/34390/so-it-has-finally-been-done_9eef6686ec39123cdbdf82c0f3a3ff64.jpg https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/34390/so-it-has-finally-been...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
jewkid80

FSX Start up error. need help

My flight sim. x worked perfectly until one day i tried to start is up and a loading bar would show for 3 seconds then nothing would happen. I dont know what is causing fsx to not start up. I need help, it is required i have simulator hours for my fli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
oldsamer

Ultimate Terrain X - USA DVD Edition & FSX Sp2 ?

Has anyone had problems installing or running Ultimate Terrain X - USA DVD Edition on Sp2 ? I'm thinking of getting it for Christmas....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
rainman2643

FSX Deluxe Edition and Vista 64 Bit

ok so i just got a brand new HP touchsmart desktop i went to load my FSX Deluxe edition everything went smooth until i tried to start it up when it says this......" Flight simulator cannot run because the version of Microsoft DirectX(R) installed on your ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
waterinthefuel

Help!! Vista 64 and FSX aren't compatible for me!

I can't even get it to install! The installshield wizard gives me an error almost immediately. Please help. I'm reading of people playing FSX with Vista 64 and loving it! I know about the compatibility wizard but I still can't get the game to install to e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
glart

Trouble with FSX Lear Jet---Losing power on Landing

Using FSX - Anniversary Lear Jet-- When coming in for a landing - whether on autopilot or not---, seems that the power cuts out as I have no response when trying to increase speed--- know if Im doing something wrong? - Seems to happen a lot after I dis-...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
glart on
ross747

Trim is stuck

Kind of long story...I had FSX Regular Version...Bought the expansion pack...Installed and it was good. I installed the RV4 airplane. The first time I tried to fly it...The trim was stuck nose up... Since then all my planes have been stuck that way....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
eyton402

Unable to Re-install FSX

I am running Windows XP and after re installing FSX I cant open FSX. After download when I try to open I get the message MSXML4 SP2 is not installed. Please re-install Flight Simulator to restore or repair this missing component." I have both SP1 and SP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eyton402 on
7ECA-Captain

Freeze up....

I am having problems with FSX freezing during play. The screen partially goes white on things like the cockpit details, then it simply freezes up and will not resume? Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
GundamWZero

MD-11 Screenshots

These are going to be that last shots for a while.....or at least until I figure out how to get FSX to run add-ons without crashing.... :evil: Roll out with McDonnell Douglas House colors at St. Louis International: https://forum.flyawaysimulation....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
Mateen

FSX Suddenly Won't start Up

Hi, I have been running FSX under Vista for many months and suddenly it won't start up. Program kicks off and then I get an error saying there is an unhandled exception in FSX.EXE. I get offered option to debug and then it exits to the desktop. I ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
GundamWZero

For those who has the NVidia 8800 Series Drivers...

A miracle has arrived...... http://www.fswc.info/showthread.php?t=5863 Within the package is the PHYSX software and drivers!!!! This should help out in FPS rate up to about 10 FPS.... Good luck and happy flying. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
GundamWZero

How do you fly VOR on autopilot?

Okay. I am Stupid. 😀 Also, how do you fly ILS on autopilot? ...told ya....I'm stupid. 😛...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
7ECA-Captain

Frame Rate/Bias/ Filtering...

Hi. Trying to optomise the settings in FSX, I have managed to get the display looking good, but am confused about the display settings in fsx that relate to frame rates, filters, and bias. Does anyone know what these settings affect? And how should I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
CaptainTower

Boeing 767 Aircraft

Does anyone know if the Boeing 767 normally flys into and out of Cleveland-Hopkins (KCLE)? I once flew from Chicago to Cleveland on a DC-10 and that is a wide body heavy. I just noticed that KCLE does not have any GATE designated as HEAVY. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Col7777 on
truckernick

[ Poll ] Random Poll

A random poll...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
astrosteve

[ Poll ] XBox360 and Microsoft Poll

Please tell me what you think......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
JamieMedic84

FSX Graphic Problems

Ok, I am having a problem with my graphics on FSX. The problem that I am having is that on some planes and helicopters, its like there is a blue pixelated overlay. Everything still performs well, its just aggravating. My hard drive actually crashed abo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
GundamWZero

First major issue with FSX.

Ok here we go... 😕 I can plan and start a flight from anywere.....but when I am on final approach, FSX crashes...... usually a fatal error has occured. If I just fly around and goof off, or fly on multiplayer, I can fly from one place to anoth...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
hmarshall

Fast Taxiing

Hi, Noticed that basically all my planes taxi fast, very fast. Constantly hitting the period key to keep them somewhat under control, so it becomes 'jerky' trying to keep up with it. Don't even have to touch the throttle. i.e.. release parking brakes, en...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hmarshall on
pearlygatesuk

Adding Custom ILS Approaches

Hi all, Yeah, I know it's cheating but I wondered if anybody knew of a patch for FSX to add ILS to all the runways within it? Thanks Pearlz...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainTower on
1LtLoric

FSX Tweaks?

Hey all. I just got FSX fixed up and everything! Finally! I removed programs and stuff... I still get crappy frames! When those computer guys fixed it they said they tweaked it a bit so I got really good frames. But since I reinstalled it, of course the t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
airbourne

Repaint (FSX)

Hi guys, since iv started my virtual airliner im in need to make some aircrafts, so i loaded up photoshop, and had a play around to see what i can come up with (First time using it) iv tryed to watch some tutorials on youtube but the people go to fast...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rolaids on
aljo10

fsx freezing

after I have changed say graphics settings the chnage sare made and the screen message says" loading completed" FSX then screen freezes and eventually i get out but it shows a message "FSX will have to close down...." send error message to microsoft Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
oldsamer

Odd ATC problem

I've been tripping along back to Texas from Georgia. After launching out of Columbus Metro the ATC sub-program? gave me the "no messages to transmit" screen. I flew through a controlled area and landed at an uncontrolled municipal and saved the flight. No...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
1LtLoric

FSX Null error?

I just installed the Aerosoft F-16 and installed it's update. When I had JUST the F-16, no update, FSX ran fine and dandy. Now with the update, it doesn't even attempt to start up, and i get a Windows 98 style box saying "Error ID = 25 (null) . Any idea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rolaids on
n7xlq1

Problem flying Lear 45.

Hey all, I'm having a problem flying the L45. I create a flight plan in the planner, from HEAR to OJAI, IFR routing and set my cruise ALT at 21K (the planner suggest 7K), so I take off and ATC clears me to 10K then 15K then about when I get to 11K the 45,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
Heyjoojoo

Need printable approach procedures for Canada Airports....

I've checked places like Flightware and others. But nothing. I can only seem to find a map of the actual airport but no printable STAR, SIDS, IAPs charts. Any suggestions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
fasteddie60

Instant Reply Jumpy

I have really enjoyed getting some neat aircraft from this site and read allot of the forum, but haven't seen the problem I am having with FSX and instant replay. Seems when I am running instant replay from an outside view the image jitters and jumps aro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fasteddie60 on
airbourne

texture problem

iv got a texture prob with fsx i need help im running vista 32 bit with fsx sp2 i can pick defult aircrafts and the textures are ther, but as soon as i install ones from sites like flyaway and simviation, they apear white on the screen and the textu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 26 of 66