Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

rotorpower54

My FSX is not loading

I recently installed FSX on my computer with the acceleration pack. It has been running fine everytime. Today, when I clicked on the desktop icon to start up, it would not load. The FSX startup picture comes up like normal, but thats all it does. It...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ollyau

FS Water Configurator

Hi Everyone, On behalf of the FS Water Configurator team: After nearly a year of development and testing the day is finally here! FSWC is now available from our website for download. http://www.strikingsoftware.com/fswc.shtml Ashton, Pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
kin3

flight plan files?

Where does fsx look for flight plans? I create a flight plan and save it but I cannot load it in fsx because it looks in a different place or so it seem. I just need to know where fsx wants it to be then I can save it there. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kin3 on
rdlockrey

NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5200 question

I have been playing FSX for a few months now using my HP's intregrated ATI Radeon xPRESS 200 video (128mb / Shared) with "marginal graphics and framerates. I just picked up a NVIDIA GEFORCE 5200 (256MB) PCI , which is entry level at best, and im wonde...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
Heyjoojoo

Can I get get dual monitor affect with a PC and laptop?

Just wondering if I could somehow connect my laptop to my PC to achieve the dual monitor effect. Anyone got any ideas? Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mitch0508

2 sound cards in vista

hi i know ive asked this before but i really need to know how to do it. 😀 is there a way to put two sound cards in my computer and connect headphones to the one soundcard and speakers to the other and get the atc to come through the headphone...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chez64 on
chez64

HALO file

hey could anyone locate and send me the HALO file for fsx please, it is l found in the main texture folder i deleted mine accidentaly and emptied the recycle bin :oops: my email addy is zhutton@sky.com thanks all...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
2robplaying on
1LtLoric

FSX Default aircraft missing

I know some default aircraft in FSX are still in the simobjects/airplanes folder and everything, and those planes only are normal in FSX Deluxe, hence aren't flyable in the game. Any way to install those aircraft? Ex: Dash 8, Grumman Goose, Maule Orion...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
1LtLoric

Download = white screen?

Huh, I downloaded the B-17G 'Fuddy Duddy' and the F-16 Taiwan texture things, but when I run the simulation, it has sound and shows the smoke from startup and stunt smoke, but nothing else... Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
Simmy

Flight Planner

What has happened to Flight Planner in FSX? When I ask it to find a route it initially shows a contoured green view but then replaces it piecemeal with a featureless blue. This makes it impossible to drag the line to where you want to place a waypoint. T...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chez64 on
effieveda

FSRecorder

I just down loaded FSRecorder and it seems to work just fine except that it fails to record certain effects. Example: I recorded an approach to, and landing on a carrier. The program failed to record the deployment of the tail hook before landing, and the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scottyboy39 on
mitch0508

Sound out of different devices

hi i just wondered can you have it so that the aircraft noise will come out the speakers plugged in to the computer and the atc noise out of the headphones plugged in? so it makes it more realistic. thanks in advanced 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
dtdb

Multiplayer chat, ATC, or Kneeboard not showing up.

A couple of months ago, a noticed the the chat, atc, and kneeboard wasn't showing up in fsx. I tried opening up task manager and exiting all the programs i didn't need running, and sometimes the chat box would show up. Now i think i finally found the prob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scottyboy39 on
Splitdog

REX

What's the latest info?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
mitch0508

Photoshop Textures

hi i heard that you can use photoshop cs3 to change the textures for an aircraft so you can make the aircraft to what you want it to be. does anyone know a tutorial anywhere that tells you how to use photoshop to change aircraft textures. thanks &...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
toddbreda on
Karlw

Fsx taking an abnormal time to load

When I load a flight it can take anywhere form 30min to an hour to load it will take at smallest 15 min to load the aircraft menu I just uninstalled a load of things reinstalled fsx and it still takes a long time to load I also lowered the graphics with l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
psalm10720

GeForce 9800

Has anyone tried the Geforce 9800 Card or seen it operate? Is it worth the expense when using FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chez64 on
7ECA-Captain

Sim Cockpits...

Anyone out there considering building a cockpit for your sim? Rather than sitting behind the desk, I've been kicking around the idea of building a generic cockpit where I can position the various controllers where I like and get a bit more realism with gu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Heyjoojoo

Point me to a site that allows you enter an airport code and

so that it can list the IFR flight plans scheduled for that hour, day, etc... I've already seen the sites that will show flight plans provided that you know BOTH departure and destination airports. but I don't know the destination airport and so I woul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
chez64

CAPTION COMPETITION

just had an idea... try and think of a suitably humorous caption for this picture !! no formal winners but just to get you all laughing ill post a new picture every few days or so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
toddbreda

Iron Maiden 757!

I'm looking for the Iron Maiden 757 livery to fly around in FSX...I can't believe how cool this is! https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/33244/iron-maiden-757_17d1203a7c0b433c29607e99248f7a39.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyboy92 on
1LtLoric

FSX Acceleration glitch?

I can't get my 2-D cockpit view to work! :x Any ideas on a fix? all my aircraft that came with FSX Standard have 2-D cockpits, just not acceleration aircraft!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
1LtLoric

Moveable Placable carriers in Acceleration Free flight!

I have found the golden key to carriers in Free flight of FSX Acceleration! It requires SP1, and only has working catapults and arrestor cables if you have acceleration. The link: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=111605 ! you bring up the menu b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
oldsamer

Did we loose "random failures" with service packs?

Havn't used "set random failures" since FSX unpatched, (remember setting flight control failure for every 15 minutes), that's exciting. This morning looked for it under REALISM, but didn't find any subtabs. Flipped over to learning center, but no menti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
toddbreda

How do I add the afterburner effect for my SR-71?

Greetings- I downloaded the Alphasim SR-71A add-on for FSX and even though it says it comes with the cool afterburner effect, I can't get it to work. Anyone here know how to config the afterburners to work? Here's what my config is in the SR-71 airp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
toddbreda on
greystone

Helo Hover Missions?

I'm a big fan of the FSX missions. Most especially the helo tasks. Gives my flying experience a little more "purpose?" and a goal to achieve. Flying a rotorcraft can be a tough task, but a very enjoyable and rewarding part of this hobby. I've done a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Protocol1

[ Poll ] Lockheed L-188 Electra design request for FSX

I would like to gather up as many L-188 Electra fans together to start requests for an L-188 Electra model with a virtual cockpit and passenger cabin. FS-KBT would be a awesome design team to send these requests to. FS KBT Team has done an exellent j...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Protocol1 on
mitch0508

FSX Activation: Exceeded Product Key

hi i installed fsx on my dads computer and then i lent it to my friend to install on his computer. i have just tried to install it on my computer and it says 'acording to our records you have exceeded the number of times this product key can be used' ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mitch0508 on
drwhoere

Editing Missions

I want to edit the Carribean landing mission, so instead of having the CRJ-700 I want to have the 747 instead, can someone help me edit it? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chez64 on
ohboy710

take off on aircraft carrier

How do you take off from an aircraft carrier? Not how do you do it, but how do you get your airplane to START on the carrier instead of an airport. The only time I can do that is in the simulation when it starts you on the carrier to begin with. Is the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BruceHolloway on
cptharry

Teamspeak Servers

Hi again, Just to let you know that 101 Servers has officially opened. We offer teamspeak, shoutcast, ventillo, domains, web hosting and advertising for all at very cheap prices so have a look and see what you think....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
mitch0508

Takeoff procedure

hi i just wanted to know, when your taking off what procedures do you have to take like do you have to put flaps down or anything or do you just accelerate and then pull up? thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
puppy-paw on
Kritz911

Panel Light Problems

Well hello once again and yes, I have another Problem that is pretty much annoying. For some reason Panel Lights don't work anymore in some Aircrafts (Like the 737, the Cessna, Beechcraft and some others, but do work in the Extra 300S). When I hit the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
puppy-paw on
stereomatic

What's coming up next after FSX ?

Hey it's may 2008 already almost 2 years since fsx came out any one has some news about the future flight simulator from microsoft this end of year ? im corious to know please thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
barkoman on
PhilTaylor

"Holy FPS, Batman!"

See my new post "Holy FPS, Batman!" here http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2008/05/21/holy-fps-batman.aspx Key quote: Toms posted a OC CPU-GPU review on May 15th that included FSX-SP2 and shows a whopping 83.1 FPS at 19x12 with no AA,trilinear ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
7ECA-Captain

Multiple Engine failures...

Weird occurances while flying the ol Goose off of off runway 09 at Key West Intl. yesterday. I had both engines fail shortly after take off just as I was raising the gear while in positive rate of climb. Airspeed seemed insuficient as the Goose simply nos...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
mitch0508

FSX ILS glideslope

hi i just wanted to know, when you fly an ils and your coming into land in fsx does the ils do the glideslope aswell because it didnt do it in fs2004 when i tried. but fs2004 is probably diferent to fsx. thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BruceHolloway on
architect

B-24 Liberator

Does anyone know where i might find a B-24 Liberator Flight sim download? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jetman35 on
mitch0508

Virtual Airline Paint

iam in the process of starting a virtual airline.I just wondered if anyone knew any software that I can use to paint my aircraft with my logo. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Karlw

G1000

I have fsx standard but was wondering if it is possible to get the cessna 172 with G1000? legally of course Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chez64 on
oldsamer

FSX sp2 backward compatability

Just noticed this on flyaway home page... CLS is pleased to announce the release of several service packs to make products compatible with FSX Sp2 and acceleration. I've been waiting for the 3rd parties to realize that older downloads don't work wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
toddbreda

FSX Freezes on Instant Replay?

Anyone else having this problem? Most of the time, whenever I select Options/Instant Replay after I have landed (to view my landing techniques via the tower), FSX locks up completely. In fact, sometimes so badly my entire computer locks up and I have to p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

WOULD FSX WORK ON MY COMPUTER, I WANT BEST GRAPHICS PLEASE

ok these are the specifications of my computer: pentium 4 1700 mhz 1.68 ghz 384 mb of RAM if this is not good can yu advise me on what to make my graphics on fsx realy good.thanks much appreciated. jamie....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
couger

video cards

I would like to get some opinions on video cards. I am wanting to get a better video card so i can get better fps. I have a 512m nvidia 8600gt, with a q6600 and 4m ram, the cpu is overclocked to 3.0g but I still dont get the best fps. I was looking at ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhilTaylor on
ikkeweer

I need some help with fly'ing in a straight line !

Hello guys, thanks for clicking at my question. Hopefully you know the answer! What is the button to fly in a straight line? If i fly with the arrows than my airplane go's from left to right and right to left etc. What is the button to keep it in a st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
hasselerd

Spitfire Anyone ??

Need some help as new to flying Spits. Does anyone know why, about 10 mins into the flight, black smoke comes billowing from the engine, there's a big flash, loud bang and the engine cuts out leaving me to glide down to earth with a bang.... There's nothi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hasselerd on
oldsamer

cumulative stress

I've had SETTINGS - REALISM at custom realistic with Crashes and damage checked for a year now. There's a free flight out of KSLR in a Cub that I have played 3 - 4 times a week for about 4 months now, saving at the end of a sesson. Lately I notice less p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
cpltom

Frame rate improvement

Ok, I have read a little here, and other places . I have a 3 year old machine, with 1 gig of ram and a 5200 Nvidia card (512). Should I be looking at a new graphics card, or more ram? Be aware that I am on a VERY limmited budget (Vet benifits are ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cpltom on
Hel

The green floating targets!!

Im new to SDK and trying to build some mission, but have come a bit stuck, how do you add the green floating targets that appear in the exisiting missions? Any help woule be great!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
basys on
bawls327

Flytampa SABA, and TFFJ

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/33026/flytampa-saba-and-tffj_cf60c60e3286a7beed33c4035a34f7bb.jpg https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/33026/flytampa-saba-and-tffj_d37361c87ee246860e409ff10f41532f.jpg https:/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Page 29 of 66