Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Heyjoojoo

Configuring soundsets...

I have downloaded a soundset that I'm happy with. The problem is that there is a particular sound on this aircraft that I can't determine which file it is. When I change camera views, it's consistently sounding with all views except for interior/cabin vie...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
Heyjoojoo

'Cannot import flight plan' in the FMC

I set up a flight in the flight planner of the FSX. Then I go into the FMC and try to "Route Request" and I get the message Cannot Import Flight Plan. What did I do wrong? Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
paulchris2

Aerosoft's Flight Tales 1

I recently bought Aerosoft Flight Tales 1. On the very first beginners' mission you are supposed to land on an aircraft carrier then fly back to base. After landing on the carrier the mission compass doesn't register that I did and I do not know what to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paulchris2 on
edr1073

FSX crashes on final

I have FSX Deluxe on a Dell Inspiron 1721 lap top duel core AMD. I have installed SP1 and SP2. I installed this to my lap top as a experiment because it has Windows Vista Home Premium. The install was fine, FSX boots ok, I installed the Sidewinder 2 an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
toddbreda

FSX/Hardware Guru? Please Help!

Hi there...I have a Dell XPS 200 (XPS/Dimension 200/5150C) and I am running FSX (without any upgrades to my system, specs are at the link below)...I know I need to upgrade but I don't know to what specific hardware exactly. I'm tired of my processor so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mdaskalos on
truckernick

PC crashes upon start-up

When ever i start up flight sim X a second or two when it's on the blue loading screen it crashes my computer and i have to restart it. Any resolutions? because i really don't want to reinstall it because it's working so good. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
Rolaids

Bitmap picure udjustment fo plane repaint

hi everyone i had a question about the planes which us bitmaps for the paint jobs (or texture) i tried just taking it into paint and changing it but when i flew it the parts i edited where just white like it was a model whithout paint anyone know i did ro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rolaids on
Michaelvg1

Suggested Links

I recently installed Acceleration and reset my fsx.cfg file. I'm interested in links that may provide suggested settings for the graphics within the program and perhaps some suggested setting for my Nvidia card using nHancer... I remember a while back s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
papab on
redhatchbox

How to autopilot?

When I go in and set my flight plan, set heading and altitude, and hit autopilot my planes just go crazy.. How do I lay in a flight plan from point A to point B and autopilot.. I've tried many times but I can't seem to get it to work. Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Thunder-01

Air traffic or weather on the B-737-800 in FSX??

Fellow Simmers, Is it possible to display weather or air traffic on the B-737-800 in FSX? Does anyone offer a 737 with operable radar (Wx or Traffic)? Thanx, Thunder...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
Michaelvg1

Resetting fsx.cfg?

Is it as simple as deleting the fsx.cfg folder and restarting FSX? I want to go back to the original settings since I downloaded Acceleration and start over....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
klubkonr

fsx: I need help with my instrument checkride!

Everyone has the same problem. After they cross PARKK intersection, they have trouble entering the holding pattern. I got loads of information from all around the forums here and every single solitary one is in some way somewhat different. I actually pass...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
FlyPast

Flight Director question

Ok so i've read what there is on here regarding FD but am still confused. I want to be set up the FD cross hair lines so i can follow them in terms of height/heading down to the runway. I dont want full AP control, I just want manual guidance from the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
On_Board

[ Poll ] A new PC targetted for FX?

Hello Everybody, I am new to this site. And I am glad to see lots of people discussing about FSX to asist each other. I am considering an investment into building a PC targetted for FSX. After reading all the relevant posts here, I came to the fol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
lenin

future Lynx --- 20 images

Hi all, got some pics of me flying round in fs in my future lynx helicopter. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/32271/future-lynx-20-images_010db16e31422323f2938c3f79e685d0.jpg https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/3...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
tiger7881

Removing FSX.

Yup, thats my decision. I love FS9, I can do so much stuff there, more then fs9. More add-ons involved and its more fun to play. BYE BYE FSX. 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
lenin

FSX Taking Ages to load flight or mission

Hi all, I am experiencing a problem with fsx, that has never happened to me before. When I click fly now or do a mission or whatever it doesn't load. It either takes ages and ages, like a percent a minute type thing or the screen just goes black. I can us...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
Heyjoojoo

I need 'Learn to Fly' videos; these exist?

I'm familiar with the JustPlanes videos on "flights" to and from a particular point but I need a video something that covers the basic fundamentals of flying, perhaps starting with small aircraft and moving toward larger ones. In doing my own research on ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
bawls327

Question about ram and fsx

I think there was a topic about this but I couldnt find it. If there is a way I can get fsx to know how much ram I have? I am not sure if it is actually performing the way it should....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
effieveda

FSX and Gmax

I'm trying my best to get something, anything, exported from Gmax into a form that the FSX SDK can deal with. I don't care if it's just a simple red box. So far, the only export extension is .p3d which I know will not work. Somehow the file has to be expo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
hammerdag

Service Pack 2

when I tried to install fsx I got this error message that fsx requires the sp2. the thing is the computer is just for fs and has never been on the web and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to bypass this annoying occurance...thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
klubkonr on
jespere

cargo

i have seen on a picture when the jet got those cargo-doors open and then got some cars working on getting in some cargo https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/32146/cargo_5faf55a620d0652c40a804d78cfb92a4.jpg how do i get all those t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jespere on
Scoobs

SLOW FRAME RATES WITH GOOD SYSTEM

I have Fsx on an acer T180 system with dual core AMD 2.20 ghz 3 gig ram and a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS graphics card. Vista Home premium I would of thought that this system would give me good frame rates but I only get between 11 and 18 fps when I have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Scoobs on
effieveda

Lookin' for lights

I'm looking for some lighting that will wash an area, like a small parking lot, with light. Anyone know of such a thing for FSX? Freeware or payware, it doesn't make any difference. I need some lights. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SkOrPn--7 on
Togakure

second monitor doesn't run :(

hello, please help me, I've just installed a second monitor, and it works fine on windows, but nothing happens on FSX, the 2nd monitor should go black as soon as the game starts so that I could drag windows into it but it allways show the desktop......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Zeemon on
toddbreda

How to create your own add-ons for FSX?

Years ago I used to tinker with 3D Studio MAX. I modeled this UFO (picture below) years ago using simple primitives. I have the software today but I don't have a clue how to go about creating the proper 3D model and then making it usable for myself and ot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
toddbreda on
RSanders

B-52 for fsx with vc?

anyone know where i can get a freeware B-52 with virtual cockpit?but if i can't find one im willing to pay but im just waiting for captain sim to finish their B-52....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RSanders on
7ECA-Captain

Flight time accuracy?

I flew a trip yesterday from airport A to B. Today I flew the return. Yesterday the flight was 2.9 hrs today it was 5.5 Both flights were in fair weather and the exact same distance flown? As I am keeping a log book this difference of 2.6 hours seems way ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
SimmerGuy

Separate Voice from Environment sounds

I installed a 2nd sound card, actually its a USB sound module. This 2nd sound card makes the Microphone work far better than the built-in sound card on the motherboard. Then in FSX Sound settings I separated Voice from Environment sounds. I put the v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SimmerGuy on
freedspeak

What's the order ...

After takeoff do you pull back the throttle first and then the prop or vice versa? I know .... stupid question....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
harris666

How to start a flight with Engine off??

I have for some time tried to figure out how to start a flight with the engine off and all avionics shut off. Just like a real flight when you get in the plane and start up with a checklist. Is there any place in the setup where it is possible to chan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
jetguy99

Wings

For the defult 747 the wings are kina weird. they kinda break off of the wings. I'll try and get a screen shot of this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
scab12

Abacus

Hello everbody, This is a matter of oppinoun. I'm planning on buying an Abacus carrier program and I'm in debate between Flight Deck 5 and Carrier Strike Force. Any suggestions would be nice. They both look extremly nice. Sorry for my terrible spel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Rolaids

S D K

i was told by n7xlq1 that there was S D K on whith FSX could i have some help whith this like were it is on the disck how to get it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rolaids on
Karlw

Does anyone have the 747-400x from pmdg?

If you do I have two questions 1. Does it come with the 747F model even if you did not have it on fs9? 2. Is it horrible on the frame rates? Thank's...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
hawarkarem

First time FSX player with scenary issues

Hi all, Great forum you have. I've been a lurker around here for while. I've recently purchased FSX Deluxe and installed it. But when I run the game I only have the South America available. I don't have the option to fly from London Heathrow or JFK ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
pmaura

How to Use the Seaplane

Ok so I am realativly new to this, But I figure let me try the seaplane in free flight, the problem is that I start off on a runway and the plane only has pontoons. How do I start off in the water or harbour? Plus are there any must have mods...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on

Saitek X52 Help please

I purchased the Saitek X52 joystick, and I'm not sure exactly how to calibrate it. I've have the latest drivers, and used the included software to 'Calibrate', but to tell you the truth, it appears that it is calibrated already. My problem is (I'm usin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
denmanrooke on
SimmerGuy

Interactive Voice

In the stock FSX, is there any interactive voice? I can hear the appropriate aircraft and facilities on specified frequencies. What I need to know is, without VOX ATC or a similar product, can you get a reply from a facility if you transmit to them w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SimmerGuy on
airbourne

GMAX

Hi all , iv got GMAX , off my fs2004 disc 1, how do you use it to repaint aircrafts ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Heyjoojoo

Airbus 300: Differientating Between Localizer And Glidescope

Hey all, greetings from about 35 miles north of SFO. I have a question regarding the ILS of an Airbus 320 or 300-ish airliner. I often wondered how to determine whether I was being captured on the ILS with the Localizer and Glidescope. Which display do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
Lee198

Good grief!!

As I'm typing I'm flying a Hornet from Southern England to Northern Spain and my frame rate just hit the high 200s! 😳 Not constant, but surprised the hell out of me. It looks like I'm watching a movie! I've got a Dell XPS720H2C quad core syst...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
airbourne

euroJet`

Hi there, im not sure what topic to post this in , so if its rong topic please move it to the appriote one for me , thanks I am the Admin of euroJet and i am Currently Searching for Aircraft Paint Designers & Aircraft painters After having along C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
Rolaids

FSX Saab Gripen

Hi i was wondering were i can get the original version of this plane so i can download the repaints and use them. ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Aviator2008

Emergencies

Hi Can anyone tell me how in fsx one can call mayday or able to contact ATC if I need to make an emergency landing....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Karlw

Meljet 777 door

I can open every door on the meljet 777 any model however when I try open up the main door by the tail hook it opens and closes the first time but the second it slowley openes then stopps completly becomming completly inactive. Please help 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
petorious21

Auto rudder!

Hi there im new here, and i have one quetion. Is it possible to make the rudder automatically return to the center when i yaw either left or right. thanks peter...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Dyad

G15 logitech keyboard

Is anyone using this keybaord for FSx? It has an LCD screen which can display game info. I was wondering if anyone has made an LCD app for fSx. Kev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Speedbird_001 on
horrgakx

Issues with FSX - TrackIR and Joystick not working properly

Hi all. Just reinstalled WinXP after my system was unstable due to a faulty PSU. I also installed a nice 8800GTS graphics card. Anyway, I'm having issues with FSX, three main ones are; 1) My TrackIR Pro 3 (Vector Expansion) is buggy in FSX. In the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
N9NU

MS Hotfixes - Tweaks - For FSX/Acceleration/SP2/Vista 64/SP1

I have posted these on a few other sites and thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well. These files pertain specifically to DX9/10 Gaming, Performance, SLI Issues, multiple GPU/CPU issues and Memory Issues. A few of them directly pertain to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Page 31 of 66