Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

airbourne

texture problem

iv got a texture prob with fsx i need help im running vista 32 bit with fsx sp2 i can pick defult aircrafts and the textures are ther, but as soon as i install ones from sites like flyaway and simviation, they apear white on the screen and the textu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
shirke01

Is the FSX suitable for me

Can i run FSX reasonably well at high settings?I can't afford any new hardware at present,i'm thinking to get MD-11 just release by PMDG,any opinions or advice greatly appreciated. My System: Intel D865PERL MB, Intel P4 3.4GHz extreme edition, Visionte...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
Kais767

Airstairs

I was wondering if there was an addon for the airstairs to connect to your aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
airbourne

FSX Simulation (Part of GZP)

New community starting soon that iv helped out with , will have some cool stuff onit and i also heard that thers a program avaible for download when the sites officaly launched wher u can find multiplayer servers and play without using gamespy if u ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
arulu

Jerks in FSX

Friends, I am sure most of us are having this problem. Whatever good PC we have this problem persist. I am using Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 Nvidia 8600GT 256 and ram 4gb Asus mainboard. I have tried every FSX tweak, nothing seem to be working. Display, perform...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
arulu on
MJDykas

Team Fs KBT Hornets

I recently lost all of my data during a PC upgrade, I'm just starting to re populate the sim with some add on aircraft. I put my Team Fs KBT Hornet in, and now the canopy is all black on viewing out. For the life of me I cant remember what I did to correc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MJDykas on
Razgr1z912

FSX Acceleration Paint Kit

Download By IRIS Team Member "Igorski," this is an F/A-18 paint kit that has been layered up so it is a reasonable paint kit! I am sure this will help a lot of F/A-18 developers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
7ECA-Captain

Capt Scott's Retirement...

Well after the umpteenth time I've had to dick around with trying to get my CH throttle Quadrant to work with FSX, I have finally had it! As I write this I am uninstalling FSX for the last time, taking it and the CH yoke , rudders, and quadrant to the gar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Accelor

FSXAI Installer Tool

Does anyone use this auto installer tool by Steven Logiudice. I have downloaded it and would like some insight on it before I try and use it. If you have used Modman, is it as easy as that tool, and can you uninstall addons as easy as installing. Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
stereomatic

i need an answer please

sorry for asking this here im addicted to anything related to commertial aircraft im frequent flyer of "sky team" and also of "star alliance" there is any way in the world i can be one of those who take videos from real cockpit in real time flight ? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
Simmy

True or magnetic

When flying in FSX should one fly on true track or magnetic heading? Also if you program in wind will FSX allow you to make and fly the calculation to allow for drift? Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
ohboy710

How to Save Joystick/Throttle Button Settings for backup

My question is when I save my settings it saves the weather settings, sounds, scenery, traffic, etc etc.. but my joystick settings don't save. So in other words when I do a reinstall all of my settings are there except I have to map all of my joystick, t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ohboy710 on
staggerwing88

Garmin G1000

I'm interested in what others like and/or dislike about the new glass panels in FSX Deluxe. Any news on new and improved versions? ❓ :idea: ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Accelor

Acceleration F 18 DDI qusestion

When I open the MENU and click an the ACL button I get kicked completely out of the SIM to my desktop. Is this normal for that button or am I getting an ERROR. ❓ And what is ACL. ❓ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
toddbreda

Can you change planes on missions?

I was wondering if there was any way to tweak the settings for missions where you could use different planes for any given mission? I understand some missions require the default plane but some would be a kick to use your choice of craft......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
Kais767

Cruising speed

So ok, when i set mach 0.84 on a 777, is goes overspeed. But, how do real life pilots do it? is this an error?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
kin3

mouse over screen flicker

Hi all, When I'm in F10 mode and I mouse over the icons for GPS,Radio, etc my screen goes black for a second or two then settles down and acts correctly. Is there a fix? Or is this normal with Vista64? My specs below; Motherboard: EVGA 780i G...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
degunter on
Heyjoojoo

Maybe you all know. How can I adjust volume of outside noise

When you're toggling among the different cameraviews while sitting at the flight deck, I noticed that the noise level is different based on which camerview you're in. The problem is when the "wingview" is selected, the noise is waaay tooo loud. I dont kno...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Accelor

F 18 Carrier Tutorial Problem

After making several attempts to land on the carrier I smacked the back end of the carrier. Then when I took off the next time the landing gear would not retract, and I still can not get it to work. The gear does work fine in other tutorials, missions, an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
maxboost7

Already activated but can't install expansion pack..

it's werid.. mine is activated with SP1 but when i tried to install expansion pack, it shows pop up message "you must activate fsx before install expansion..." any idea??? mine is already activated.. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1LtLoric

FSX Failing to load

Ok, follow up on my last message... I installed Abacus yada yada yada, but now I have ran the repair on disc one, but now it stop using virtul memory at around 45,000-49,000K usage. The CPU still runs at 1-3 percent, but it doesn't get past 49,000. I get ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
oldsamer

FSnext or FSX on Xbox360 !!!

In another thread we were mooting about what the next remdition of FS will look like. Tailhook said: Hahaha Oldsamer I didn't even dare to go there. In recent times talk about Linux has steadily but noticeably increased. Who knows, maybe one day we'll...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
Accelor

Bombardier Learjet 45

Where are the engine cutoff switches for this A/C. I can not find them. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
Fitzy71

Landing & Navigation Lights

I seem to have a problem with the landing & navigation lights on my 737-800. When i try to turn the landing lights on on the overhead console the switch has to be in the up/off position for them to work. Does anyone else have this problem on the 737 o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
tusky

missing rain in monsoon mission

I finally got it to rain in the monsoon mission in fsx. I had tried everything. Nothing seemed to work. Then, I tried the following. On the startup page, I checked "enable changes". while in the mission, press the alt key. In the drop down menu up to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kais767 on
Tailhook

Praised be the Gods

Future releases A future version of Microsoft Flight Simulator has yet to be announced, but a Microsoft spokesperson has stated: 'it's safe to say that we're 'always' working on the next version. Or two'. That 'future version' refers to MSFS 11 (ele...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
eyton402

Ifly downloads

Can anyone tell me if ifly-uk site still exists for downloads? I have been unable to connect to the server. I have been flying the ifly 747-400. I think it might be better that pmdg!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
GundamWZero

Upgrading....

Well, I think its now time to upgrade. Since the movers lost my copy of FSX: Acceleration, I decided to buy FSX: Deluxe Edition along with a new copy of Acceleration. Why? Well, through my journey with FSX, I found out that there are cooler "Easter ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Razgr1z912

FSX Tweaks!

***Sticky please. Well, first off. I use X Graphics. That way I can set my water to none and still get the graphics I want with NO FPS hit. Water is the #1 killer. #2 I've lowered the amount of buildings in the autogen but upped the amount of tre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
oldsamer

What is a "ground loop"?

Installed CH rudder pedals this week and selected custom weather for an 8 knot crosswind and put settings to HARDEST, I've read the "how to" for landing tail draggers. After dozens of touch-an-gos, I still crash when landing the cub. I may have to go b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Razgr1z912

FSX Can run well!

I was crusing at FL190, my settings are at High-Ultra-High. Tweaking you FSX can do wonders. FSX can run well on a medium system.. Specs: AMD 64 2.3GHz Dual Core 4400+ NVidia 8600GT 4GB Ram Windows Vista 32Bit https://forum.flyawaysimulation.c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Heyjoojoo

Oh my goodness, there are soooo many 8800 graphics cards!

What does one look for to determine which one is faster? I've seen a dozen or so 8800 GT or GTS cards.... eeeeek! I'm not that concerned about the manufacturer (EVGA, PNY, XFX, etc.)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Michaelvg1

Reinstalling ?

I just deleted everything FSX related. I have the Deluxe disk and Acceleration. What order do I install everything and do I have to install any updates on-line. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Accelor

Can someone give me direction for fix

What does this really mean, and what can I do to fix FSX. Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.mi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
7ECA-Captain

Quadrant issues...

I am running three CH controllers on my system for FSX. CH Yoke, CH Rudder Pedals, and CH Throttle Quadrant. Recently the Quadrant stopped responding in the sim. It shows on the computer as a gaming device and even in the controls section of FSX. Any i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Fitzy71

Glasgow to Gatwick

Hi guys New to forum so please bear with me. Hi to everyone and what a great forum guys. I've tried a search to find answer to my question with no luck on the answers, so here goes. I've managed to grasp all the basics of FSX, and done most of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Kais767

No TNCM traffic

So I got some WOAI packages that fly to TNCM but im so disapointed, theres NOTHING there!! Help!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kais767 on
Fasurp23

FSX F-18 AERIAL REFUEL NO JOKE

So I'm doing the carrier practice one day, and notice a 737 fly by. Getting frustrated with trying to getting 5 landings in a row, I decide to mess around and catch up to the 737, only to find it's a "refueler". A couple weeks later, I decide to find ou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
zero1123

High in FSX!

Hello! I'm thinking of buying an HP Pavilion Desktop. The system have: Windows Vista 64bit version 4.0GB system RAM 500GB Hardrive NVIDIA Geforce 128Mb graphics memory (but I'm going to upgrade it to 512Mb) 2.4 Duo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
mitch0508

Lights

Hi Would it be possible for someone to tell me what lights you would use at these different stages of the flight: Taxi Takeoff Cruise Landing Thanks in advanced 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
CaptainDale

panel missing until I change view how do I get it to stay?

Hi I am currentley trying to download plenty of good addons and for the few that I like and have been added successfully there doesn't seem to be a panel, until I go to view and click main panel. However when changing the shot to see myself from the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainDale on
eyton402

FSX - Gold Edition

Has anyone got any info about FSX -Gold Edition due for release this month?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
doubleb

Favourite Flights

I'm sure we all have our favourite flights and i want us all to share them. Please can you post them so other people can try them out. thanks. My favourite is below - nice and short but a great view as you come in along the Thames. EBBR to EGGL ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airwolfe on
davec

Repainting in FSX

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/21869/repainting-in-fsx_089c4fce7f6c3642a835e99897f86d37.jpg All settings were at medium/high https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/21869/repainting-in-fsx_d6688eae21bbf055e52720e8e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Gio1974

Trouble Downloading Aircraft

I am a little frustrated. I tried following the instructions someone had posted but nothing. Any tips...anything would be great!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gio1974 on
airwolfe

[ Poll ] XPx64 vs Vista64

I am currently using Vista 64 Ultimate with FSX. I am just not a real big fan of Vista so far, and I have tried to keep an open mind. I was thinking about switching to XPx64... the only reason I need the 64 version is because of the 8 gig ram in my machin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kin3 on
oldsamer

Convince me to install Sp2

I just installed FSX & sp1 on a new winXp computer and it runs better than I've ever seen. I'm arguing with myself if I should put in sp2. Since I'll never see dx10 embellishments, what were the other reasons for Sp2?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
2robplaying on
Jimc123aaa

Error 1722 during install

When I install FSX it gets to the end of disk two, tries to write registry and errors with 1722... Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support pers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BearsdenRed on
eyton402

GMAX

Could somebody please explain GMAX to me? I have noticed lately a few downloads which mention GMAX and are ones which I can never find. I know it is something to do with 3D but not much more. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eyton402 on
scottyboy39

Anybody wanna try this?

I have mike stones awesome C-130 and i used the fat albert textures for my fsx team.But i want to make the jatos on it work.does anybody know or wanna work with me on making them work in the aircraft.cfg file?If ever you have ever seen the real fat albert...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Page 27 of 66