Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

tomthetank

Trail version of Fraps

Ok frapetts You have the program,and you think that 30secs of recording time is not enough................................................ well think again This video is made up of short clips,some only a couple of seconds others 10 or 20 seconds I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
twistedsucker

Is the performance completely depending on RAM?

I have 512mb of RAM, but the game still lags and the performance is sometime quite choppy. I have a bad video card (Nvidia GeForce 5200) and I was wondering if it was the vid card that actually made the performance of the game unreasonable. And when I mea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n287s on
swanno30

A380 Maiden Flight Video

Link to a video of the maiden flight made this morning from Toulouse. Good ol' BBC!!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4488361.stm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
nottobe

air speed inconsistant with the speed indicator

on Learjet (its the only jet I have ever flown in the sim), the speed indicator only shows half of the actual speed. say, when i fly 0.75 Mach, which is about 510 knots displayed on the GPS, but the speed indicator only shows 227. what is this figure? act...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
Chris102

Pennsylvania Scenery

Is there a MegaScenery for Pennsylvania? The NY scenery only covers NY, CT, and NJ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
The-GPS-Kid

The GPS Kid is back from India!

Hi all, Just a quick one to say HI to everyone - I missed the site while being in India for 11 days! Had some hairy moments in Mumbai on the way home but they are for another day. Here's a quick rundown of the flying that was involved ;- 19th ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Hi-Flyer on
hawkerhurrican5

This is pathetic

I just purchased flight deck lll and flight simulator 2004 just so I could play it. I get home and install flight sim 04 and fly around for a little bit and everything is great. I install flight deck lll and wouldn't you know it, when I try to run flight ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
freedspeak

How hard is it to install new video card?

Thinking about upgrading my computer. Two things. Better graphics card and more ram. Would like to do the work myself. Dont know a thing about dos screens or building a computer. Can a techno numbskull like me pull it off? I know my mother board (Gigab...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nottobe

what does FD (flight director) do as opposed to AP?

and a button REV on the nav radio? what is the use of BC (back course holder)? thanx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
Chris102

Email from Microsoft

Did anyone else get this email? I just found it in my inbox. Hi Greetings from the Flight Simulator team: Thank you for your interest in the Flight Simulator 2004 Survey Study. This email is simply to keep you updated on the status of th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
nottobe

add-ons drag down performance?

I am interested in quite a few flight1.com scenery and environmental add-ons, but I don't want to see a stuttering screen after spending all the money. Anybody have the experience? my PC is 3 GHz P4, 1.5GB Kingston 400MHz SDDR, Intel MB, ATI 9800 pro....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
FL050

Seeing Other People's Planes/Skins...

I've heard FSInn allows you to see people's actual plane and livery when you are on VATSIM. For those of you that don't know, it usually shows 3 different skins from the basic FS install. Can anyone confirm that FSInn actually does this, or a way to v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
baron-o--0--o-

ERJ 170 - Sound add-on - no sound in cockpit view

Hello all, I just downloaded the sound add-on for the ERJ 170 by Albert, from Dreamwings. I have the ERJ 170 v3, but I have no sound at all in cockpit view, or vc view, altough i have perfect sound in outside view and by tower. Please help me, as I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

FS9.CFG

I have heard that renaming your FS9.CFG file and allowing fs2004 to rebuild a new one can help the stability of fs2004. Are there benefits to this? Where do you find the fs9.cfg file??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MRGPS!

Jet Airways/Victor airways

How can you get the details of the J and V airways from fs9 flight planner. Without GPS, how can you fly airways if you do not know what defines them. The intersections.waypoints are not defined in Fs9. How did microsoft expect we GPS haters to fly ou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on

~e5d141.tmp

I think that I have found the problem regarding poor fps... When fs2004 is running, there is an additional process running along side it called ~e5d141.tmp. When I try to shut down this process in task manager, fs2004 automatically and immediately shu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mrkonk on
Geoffos

Moving around the cabin

Guys, I've noticed in some screenshots that the 'camera' position is set in between the seats in a cockpit and also in reviews for aircraft addons, reviewers talk about what level of detail there is in the cabin area of a 'plane. Have you seen the scre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Geoffos on
i dont know

How do you take pictures of fs during flight?

How do you take pictures of fs during flight? What programs or add ons can you use?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
BriaN2

VA Website Template?

Anyone know where I can get a free, but good lookin website template that would go good with a Virtual Airline? I have money, but I dont want to pay for one. If anyone knows of any, let me know plz. Thanks! BriaN...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Pod Boy

The pods under the wings

I have a long running argument with a person about the 'pod' looking things under the wings of the A380 (and other commercial jets). What i am talking about are the 5 or so 'pod' looking things that sit under each wing. I suspect that they encase hydrauli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pod Boy on
Bugsey

Landing Practice with Slew Mode

I have no problem taking off, but I am terrible at landing.Is there a way short of using slew mode to practice my landing,without circuits and bumps. Incidentally, I loaded Wings of Power to my fs2004 as an addon, and I am well pleased with it. the graph...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
FHeselton

Flight Plan Glitch

The other day I created a flight plan from Winchester Regional Airport Virginia (KOKV) to Salisbury-Ocean City Wacomic Maryland (KSBY) and received an error stating that the associated flight plan was not present when I started to fly. After investigatio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
Blake14

live atc

Hey, I just found a website where you can listen to live ATC. It is really awesome! You should check it out at http://atcmonitor.com/. If you wait 30 seconds +- u also get the radar screen....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
atlantis045

Game keeps locking up or just slow not sure please help

Hi I own Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and i'm having problems with it. When I run MF2004 it seems to run fast and it also locks up, and I don't know what is going on. I know its slow booting up but when I start flying it seems to be fine but after a w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
Matahautahi

More realism

Hey... I played FS2004, and it s so far the best simulator ever. I want to know if the creators of the next FS, are going to include the new Boeing version, as well as the giant Airbus A380 ? Also, when the sun goes trough the cockpit, a bit of sha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
bpater01

No Cd Crack malfunction

I can not get a crack to work for my MSFS 2004. If i try to open with the normal Icon it will deny me and ask for disk 4. The crack is in the same file. If i click on the crack and gives an error saying its missing a file. but, the file is in there. s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
tlrma

Missing Sound.dll file after install

After installing FS9, I got an error message saying that the sound.dll file was missing from the 'modules' folder. I tried re-installing and got the same message. I can't get past the message so I haven't been able to run the program Can I just get a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CP16

CAT I,II,III...

Hi! Somebody could tell me where can I find a tutorial in which the CAT I, CAT II, CAT III…… are explained? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
Guest Ed

Columbia River Tour

Well, after crashing 747s from coast to coast, I decided it was time for something a little more manageable. I'm at the age where I know what are my talents, and what are my limitations, and now I realize that some people just aren't cut out to be 747 pi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
megafoot

Active Camera 2004 question

Is there a way to smooth up the mouse movement in active camera? every time i try to pan or zoom the smoothness of the transition goes right out the window. I have seen some videos that have really smooth movements (kinda like a steady-cam. I would really...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
egcc14

air europe/europa downloads

Hi all does anyone know where i can download a 737 air europe or europa with the old colour scheme for fs 2002/4. thanks dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
FL050

Aircraft Vortices...

Does anyone know how to make your aircraft show the white contrails when you are coming in for landing or flaring? I have downloaded some planes where they had this and was just wondering if anyone knew how to add it manually....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
CP16

Turns at Cruise Level

hi Somebody can explain me, with details, why when we are in the aircraft at the cruise level, and the aircraft turns, we don’t felt that. I know it’s that the reason is related to the G force or something likes that, but I would like to get somethi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
capt-john

Problems with atis

I fly out of Brisbane (YBBN) and when ever i fly north through Maroochydore (YBMC) the ATIS automatically starts rambling on its information and i am unable to stop it and cause me a problem with ATC as they cant communicate with me and i cant reply. afte...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Billyj

Where are the ATC files?

I downloaded this ATC program, but it messed up the files, now I cannot hear what the tower is telling me. I tried reinstalling FS04, but nothing changed. Where can I find these files?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Boeing boeing bong!!!

Responding to ATC via the keyboard

It's getting increasingly frustrating for me to keep pressing 1,2,3,4 on the keyboard to acknowledge ATC and at the same time struggling with flying the aircraft. Is there a simpler way to acknowledge the ATC options. Cheers mates...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
mypilot

[ Poll ] Mega Scenery

I am thinking about getting "Mega Scenery" What do you think about it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
redjay

What Is The Point Of VOR?

For the six months that I have owned FS9 I have mainly been doing instrument flights into major airports with small jets. This has involved making a flightplan, using autopilot when at cruise level to follow the plan, then getting vectors from ATC. Natura...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on

MD-80 Flight Manual

Does anyone know where I can find a free copy of a MD-80/81/82 Flight Operations Manual or Systems Manual? Any ideas?? Thanks!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
kevin2003

Cold,dark cockpit start...

Dear Fellow Simmers, I was wondering whether there might be a simple mod that can be made,perhaps to the FS9 cfg, to ensure that all loaded flights begin with a cold,dark cockpit? If not, is there a utility available that might do the job? regards ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevin2003 on
figgi

Default FS traffic

How do i get rid of the default FS traffic? Felix...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fredericia01 on
Elkinallen

ATC chatter

Where can I download atc chatter? I have FDC and I would like to add these atc chatter files. any help on this?! ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
crosscheck9

ISSUES WITH MOONEY

hello everyone, I'm having a few issues with the Mooney, as you probably know from the subject.. Everytime I fly, it only burns fuel from the left, and so when I disengage the autopilot for landing, the plane constantly veers to the right. How...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Insight

Funny Airport radio exchanges

Dunno how true these are but hey: Highlighted one that had me crying A Pan Am 727 flight waiting for start clearance in Munich overheard the following: Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?" Ground (in English): "If...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barge on
mrkonk

Fps

How do you check the Fps. Radarman tod me to press ctrl z , all that did is put on auto pilot. Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mrkonk on
chuckabob

Tutorials for GPS & Autopilot

Does anyone know of any good detailed tutorials on GPS & Autopilot?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
davec

TTT - Dragons

Got back late last night - saw your request - yes, I can do dragons - will be back to you with Airbus suggested repaint. Addendum - 12.30am You are lucky today - it's p-ing a rain so I can't get out to do the 100 things that I should be doing in the ga...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
F1FERRARI

24 hour ip address for multiplayer plwease thanks

hi its me again Kavan "f1ferrari" you asked me for some screen shots of the lancaster well im doing that right now im trying to land with only 1 engine on when i do that ill screen shot it for you and others that im doing... please please please i n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
F1FERRARI on
Jive1

Select Aircraft Menu FS2004

Hey! Is there anybody who can tell me how one can make "all" aircraft visible in the "Select Aircraft" menu of FS2004, inclusive the AI-aircraft, of which most addon ones are invisible in that menu... I guess there must be a special line in eighter airc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
Jared

Flight 1 ATR-72

How the airplane. Is it good. Good details?? Realistic?? Also how many and what liveries come with it?? Thanks a lot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
Page 68 of 101