Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

The-GPS-Kid

Wilco ERJ 145

Hi, Don't know if anyone else has bought this brand new released add-on on CD yet ? The plane is fantastic in everyway, from the models to the VC and amazing panel. However the ILS is almost impossible to track (as many have pointed out on FeelTh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
heiert

Travel Joy Stick?

Just a quick question. Does anyone know of any joy sticks that are smaller that would be suitable for travel. Something that would controll the flight of the aircraft along with using the keyboard? Thank you for your time....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
99jolegg

G-Force Question on Display

Hi, When you press SHIFT + Z twice in FS9, the frame rates appear and the fuel appear, and one other feature. In the middle it has +GS : 1 which changes from time to time. What does it mean? Thanks a lot 😀 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
dan741749

Shift+E to open doors?

I know that shift+e will open the doors, but I recall that at one point I could do shift+e+2 and so on to open additional doors. When I do this, one of the instrument windows (like the GPS) will open instead of a door opening. Any thoughts?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

computer specs

I just got a new computer, i am not really concerned about all of the graphic settings set to the max but will this new computer run FS9 at an average level? My current computer won't run it at all. Specs include. Processor - Intel Pentium 4 Processo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DonWood on
Guest Ed

"Resume Own Navigation"

I don't know if this is a question or just an observation-- I have noticed that when I fly IFR in FS09, soon after takeoff I get the instruction to "Resume own navigation." I have always taken that to mean that I should proceed to fly my established flig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DonWood on
mypilot

flight plans

Should I deleat some of my flight plans after I get done with them so my computer has more memory room. I saw my flight simulator files and I noticed I had almost 150 flight plans!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
RadarMan

Birds for FS2004

It was just released and I haven't had a chance to try it yet. File Description: BIRDS FOR FS2004 VERSION 1.0 Full package to create bird formations in FS2004. 5000 flightplans of geese in ā€˜Vā€™- formation at various altitudes, worldwide coverage. E...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Chris102

Western White House/Camp David

I've been flying around the restricted airspace in Texas and Maryland, trying to find Camp David and the Western White House. Has anyone ever seen them in the game?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bsamson

Adjusting the Pitch Trim ...

Hello. I have yet another question. 🙂 Adjusting the Pitch Trim, how is it done? Let's say the airspeed is currently 80, and the trim is adjusted correctly to maintain that. Therefore producing level flight. Now if I manually adjust the speed and m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
Chris102

Restricted/Phrohibited Airspace

I can't get the ATC to tell me to get out of Restricted Airspace. I've even landed on the White House lawn in the default Bell helicopter, and still nothing. Is there a trick to it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Ogdendunes2001

Changes for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2006

To whom it may concern: I am a former Ramp Supervisor for United Airlines. I am going back to graduate school for my MBA. What I would like to see is up-to-date aircraft with releastic sound and panals. Also, if it snowing at O'Hare least make the s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Temporary on
mypilot

[ Poll ] 7E7-787?

I heard that boeing is going to change the name of the 7E7 to 787 to continue their tradition. Do you think that they will? Go to www.seattlepi.newsource.com/business/203750_boeing15.html for more information....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Chris102

Landing Jet in Water without Crashing

Is there an addon that allows you to land a jet in the water without crashing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
michlin

Speed Up VC Pan Rate

I discovered that the pan rate in virtual cockpit can be increased by changing the value in fs9.CFG from its default 400 up to as high as 900. This also affects the "spot view" pan rate. PAN_RATE=800...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
horrgakx

.DLL and Runway problems

Hi - I've got a couple of problems, can anyone help please? First, when FS2004 loads it gives a "VIMACORE.DLL" error. I also get "VistaMare Core FS Interface Error, Could not load REFUEL.DLL". Second, a couple of runways aren't right in my Lago Geo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
pontxo_manzanilla

Problems with uninstall

Hi: I have Flight Simulator 9 and I want to uninstall it. I go to Control Panel, Add or Remove programs but when I select Flight Simulator, the system does not uninstall anything!. After I though in deleting the folder of the game, but I want to remove...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Vin4evr

Drag

Does anyone notice a drag after adding more AI traffic? my comp is p4 3.2Ghz, 1gig of ram, 256 mb video card etc......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
nottobe

how to get the task bar on the top while in full screen?

or maybe just called tool bar, so you can do something about it, like file, edit, view.........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthdance on

input on GPS

I have read the post on how to use the ILS approach, and towards the bottom it mentions inputting an airport into the GPS which makes the aircraft follow the pink line(on the GPS) throughout the flight. But, i cannot find out how to type the airport into...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
tricky2070

Some Amazing Plane Crashes!!

Thought you guys might be interested in these photo's http://www.micom.net/oops/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Chris102

Latitude/Longitude

How do I find the latitude/longitude of a building in NYC to use in FS9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
makonnenl

Auto Pilot

When is the best time to engage auto pilot ❓ is it soon after take off while climding or soon after I have reached my desired altitude ❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on

reality

I would like to see more realistic scenery and effects. For example, engine smoke, or even better, spray from wet runways. Second, what's the deal with "overcast" and low visability on the ground and then you start to climb to altitude and it becomes clea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
Chris102

Decompression

Is there a program that allows you to decompress the plane, and end up like this?: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
D-OCHO

Kneeboard popping up

Every time I fly my FS 2004 the kneeboard keeps popping up. It is getting irritating. :evil: WinXP Pro FS 2004 9.1 patch Microsoft Side Winder Precision Pro Joystick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on

FS2002 vs FS2004

Hey I have been reading around and I haven't really found which sim is better for actual real world instruction. From what I have gathered, however, is that FS2002PRO is a little more serious when it comes down to instruments and mechanics. Is this true...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sonnu

resolution problem

Hi I have a 17" LCD monitor by Samsung (SyncMaster 710N) and Radeon9600 graphics card.Got the latest drivers for the monitor as well for the graphics card. I can get full screen only when I set the game resolution (in the game options) to 800x600.If I s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
The anonymous Guest

Another Virtual Airline

Ok, id like as much feed back here as possible. Fire_emblem told me before to join DVA, and then in another post he said dont join it because it sucks? So im confused. So my question is what is a really good VA? any feed back would be nice....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Guest Ed

GlobalFlyer around the world flight

I just came across an article in Aviation Week about this plane, the GlobalFlyer, which will be piloted by Steve Fosset to attempt the first around-the-world, no-refueling, solo flight. It is built by Scaled Composites, designed by Burt Rutan (who desig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Cooking?

Hey guys, i'm making spagetti, but i found out i have no sauce, and i also have no cash, what would be a good alternative to spagetti sauce?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
makonnenl on
mypilot

photos

How do I submit an image for the "random image gallery."...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
RAF Tiger

Salute! and greetings from Red Baron 3D

Hello everyone, I thought I would stop by and let you know that there is a new utility for Red Baron 3D, A WWI flight sim which I believe many of you have played. There was a survey conducted of about 1,000 RB3D pilots, past and present, to determine w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RAF Tiger on
tomax7

Throttle troubleshooting

Hi All I've seen this happen before, for some reason any plane in FS2004 will not keep the throttle up, but after a few seconds revert back to idle speed. Even hitting F4 and taking off, then it cuts back to idle, I even see the throttle controls sl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomax7 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Is this the Northern Lights?

I found these over the atlantic, as i was over Iceland i *think*...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
MRGPS

Intersections

If you are flying on V123 with intersections ABCDE and FGHI on the route for example. Let us assume you are now tracking outbound from XYZ VOR on 145 which is also part of V123. Now the Question, The Navlog will indicate the frequency of the VOR XYZ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
dollarbill

Downloading Super Twin Otter Aircraft - DH6-300 "Vistal

I downloaded the aircraft and extract the zip file, when I clicked on the aircraft folder Flight Simulator came up but then I got a error message that states "Corrupt file abort". Does anyone know what might have occurred?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Scotteiboi

RADARMAN HELP!

Radarman: Ok i just got my ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 256mb card and I installed it and everything, and i have worse performance than i did beofre, there is MAJOR aliasing in FS, did i do something wrong *hoping* because if not i am sending this thing back....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
horrgakx

Can anyone help with 737NG from PDMG?

A very comprehensive aircraft pack, but a couple of questions if anyone can help please? 1) How the chuff do you start the engines manually? 2) Where's the GPS? Please don't say it's been replaced by the flight computer.... 3) You're able to change ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
crosscheck9

autopilot and engine use in the following A300

Hi, I downloaded the a300 air inter and air france by benoit gaurant found here... (last download) http://www.simviation.com/fs2004jets66.htm but I dont know how to start the engines and use the autopilot manually. Its alot more complicated than a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
crosscheck9

cannot connect to multiplayer

hi, i have a problem. everytime i try to connect to multiplayer, the sim freezes. it doesnt crash. it just stays there, not responding to anything. here are my specs. if you need anymore just ask. i dont know what info is necessary to solve such a p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Listening in on VATSIM ATC

Hello, im trying to connect to an busy airport and just listen to ATC to get the hang of it. Im part of DVA, and maybe you can help me with this emblem. I downloaded the Online Flying Kit, and i start up SBrelay then i have to go to multiplayer and press ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Adisz

Minor Problem

Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to steer the aircraft during pushback ? I use to think it was Shift + 1 & 2. but that just brings up the panel,GPS etc. :cry: any help would be much appreciated 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
originalgrunge

Taxi Speed for AI aircraft

So I remember reading the post a while back, but I've been unable to find it again. How do you alter the taxi-speed for the AI aircraft? Some days when I'm flying out of JFK or LGA the problem isn't the rediculous amounts of traffic (thank you UT), but it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
tricky2070

Settings-Graphics Problem

Hi all it's been awhile since iv'e been on this site busy with work and all that anyway i've not played fs2004 for awhile now so i thought i'd have a go but iv'e run into a problem i cannot move the sliders in the graphics option in settings everything is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
crosscheck9

terminology

in ifr, when the controller clears me for a r/w, i request a change of runway, so lets say instead of taking 26r, i ask for 26l. the controller tells me continue inbound on the ils for r/w 26r, sidestep r/w 26l. does that mean he declined my request. t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
mypilot

KDEN (Denver Intl)

I flew from PANC (Anchorage Intl) to KDEN (Denver Intl) yesterday in a 747. When I landed I taxied to gate G2. There was no yellow lines on the taxiways. Can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
99jolegg

For RadarMan or anyone with PC knowledge!!

Hi, I was wondering, what could I upgrade my video card and RAM to, to make the computer run more smoothly. At the moment, FS04 sometimes runs slowly and the FPS's are quite low sometimes. PC Specs at the moment: Windows XP Pentium 4 2.66 Ghz 5...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
sylvan

Sat Nav photos

I'm working on some AFCADS for military bases and for realism would like to get hold of some satelite photos. My searches have come up with zilch apart from being able to use aerial photos that Airliners.net have. Most of the bases I won't are in Africa a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
nycnewbie

USB vs. serial w/USb adapter

Hi all, I am under the impression that the USB versions of the CH yoke and rudder are better than the serial or gameport versions. My question is this, is the USB version of these things better than the gameport or serial version with the USB adapter plu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Page 75 of 101