Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

owl1972

CYBORG EVO WIRELESS JOYSTICK PROBLEM

Hi, can anybody help me I wonder...I have just purchased the above joystick, it's wireless and occassionally it just freezes and refuses to do anything, these periods last for upto a minute...anybody got any ideas. At all other times it's action is faultl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Qantas_here_I_come

My Computer and FSX

Hey guys Sorry about asking the same question that everybody else asks but I dont know whether it is worth buying the $119 FSX if my computer cant play it so just to clarify it... can my computer play fsx? Specs -AMD Cpu 2200+ -512mb of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
b3mmredm

SDK

I've just downloaded the SDK update from FSInsider and it says i need to install the origional SDK from the FSX Deluxe Edition. I've got the Deluxe edition so how do i install it to put this update i've downloaded from FSInsider onto it? RADARMAN, If y...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
b3mmredm on
mikenoble

Quad or dual core?

I'm going to invest in a new pc. Mainly with FSX in mind but for future game releases as well. Would I be better off with an E6700 dual core running two 8800GTX cards or a QX6700 quad core with one 8800GTX card? Would 2GB ram be enough or should I go fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Scream

How to start a flight with your engine & electronics off

Hello, I am trying to find if there is a way to start a flight with everything switched off? I hate that such an option was not included. I want to start the plane myself!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thunderbird522 on
HockeyDude2424

talking to other pilots

Can you talk to the controller in multiplayer with FSX standard? What I am trying to say is can you talk to real life people playing and real life people controlling the control tower? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Running on
Lukemaxxxxxx

Flight Sim X - Triple Head 2 GO?

Hi all Anyone useing TripHead2go and flight simX, R u getting good results. What kind of graphics settings do you have in place? Its a bit slow for me, so i was testing the water as it were...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lukemaxxxxxx on
grillerdude

Baggage doors not opening!

someone help! i have FSX deluxe, and 1.5 gig RAM, 128 MB nvidia FX5200 graphics card. i know some things (jetways) dont work on that card, but do the baggage doors not open with said graphics card? any other help for a newbie appreciated...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
grillerdude on

when to turn off autopilot for landing...

When you are landing when do you turn off the autopilot? I'm having a realy hard time lining up with the runway. I have yet to land on the run way lol. Some help please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Goose242

I can't trim

I'm having a really hard time getting trimming. For example on climbing, I pull back on the joystick, increase powet to full. Then press the END key on the numeric keypad a couple of times. Let go of the stick but it doesn't stay in the climb, instea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
robson131

help is poss anyone

I basicaly have a 7900GTX Bliss 512MB, AMD Athlon 4000, 2 GB RAM, Asus Dulex motherboard brand new but poor frame rate, All my textures are on high which seems to be fine, As soon as I have autogen scenery and add vehicals and stuff and buildings, game pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
Goose232

Rod Machado sends me into a mountain

Student Pilot: Lesson 3 - Climbs And Descents. Rod sends you into a mountain....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
CaptainKW

Problems with IFR in FSX

Hello, This is just a general question to anyone really to see if they are having the same problems or if its just me. Since playing FSX now for 3 days im finding it incredibly hard to follow an IFR flight plan. there is a new option "follow flight ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
hoelmkjaer

A bit diappointed about my comp's performance...

Hello everyone 😀 Mmm, so I actually got FSX for christmas, woohoo! 😂 Anyways... Been playing it a lot the last couple of days, and I've tried playing a bit with the graphics settings. What really bothers me, is that I don't think my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon1 on
airbourne

What do u think of FSX

Tell us all What U THINK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
CaptainKW

What Planes are in FSX?

Ok so y'day i ordered FSX. im really excited.....infact in p**sing my pants with excitement!! I dont care for peoples opinions so im going into this open mindedly. But can someone please tell me what planes are on FSX? I have purchased the Deluxe version ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
tomthetank

3 things that I dont like

The 3 things that I dont like so far 747 2D panel its no better then fs9 Seat adjustment(ie view over the 2D/3D panel) Ok you change your seat hight (Ctrl + Q) you change views and your sat on the floor again :evil: And finally the biggest :cens...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on

Helicopter's direction (yaw) always pulling to the left.

Hi I'm pretty competent at flying the Heli's however I notice they pull slightly to the left which has to be corrected with constant rotational pressure on the joystick to increase tail rotor yaw. I'm using a Microsoft Forcefeedback joystick which n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
tomthetank

Calling all taildraggers

You are going to like this I think Goto the missions and select emergency.There is a taildraggers delight there with some pretty spectacular scenery(even on my old relic of a PC)Some pretty tough flying and a tricky landing to be had and a very greatful ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
Goose3433

Help needed with Private Pilot CheckRide

I've gone through all the tutorials right from the very beginning and read all the theory stuff. I've completed everything upto this point. I do have certain problems with trimming the plane but nothing that bad. Basically I fail right away on the 90 D...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
PowerUser

Not realistic within cockpit, seat belt sign

I took off the plane and my copilot tell me that I should switch off seat belt sign. I don't do this, seat belt sign stay at ON but stewardess tell to passengers that pilot turned off seat belt sign and that passengers can go freely within plane. How can...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PowerUser on
rossi85

Best headset for flight sim x

Could someone please tell me which is the best recomended headest n mic to get for flight sim x ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
Guest2007

My interior lights don't work plz help

It seems my interior lights for FS X don't light up, landing lights work ok when I press L but not the control panel lights. please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
PowerUser

Saved video bug?

Hello, I recorded video when I'm taking off in free flight (I think it is not possible to record the video on other missions) and I make my gears up upon taking off, of course. Later when I'm watching the video, I notice that gears are on whole flight d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PowerUser on
GoodisonBlue

Planes pulling to right...

Hi all I'm brand new to the world of flight sims with my copy of FSX and i'm really enjoying it. Learning a lot as I go along but the problem that's really annoying me is planes pulling to the right of the runway as I start take off. It's a real ba...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
mat3329

Planes in FSX: Flying the Goose and the Maule

Hey ppl! Hope you all enjoy this Sim as much as I do! Really awesome scenery and all! I was wondering how I could get to fly the Goose and the Maule, I have the not-Deluxe version of the sim, and only AI has the Goose and Maule, any way I can get into tho...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sammahax on
Zaxol

FAST! Whats a flight following

Someone please fast. I'm about to land in Cairo. And a requested one. whats it do?!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
Zaxol

Please read need some help landing

Ok I'm trying to land in Cairo and was wondering is it normal to circle the airport like 8 times? And when do I disengage autopilot please reply so I can land...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
azabro on
hotcurl

ATC Radio Comm

All sounds are working fine. Except for about half of the ATC communications. Either transmitting or receiving I get complete static. The text is clear and the next message may be ok, but almost half of the communications are just static. It's very irrita...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hotcurl on
coenst

how do i get passengers?

how do i get passengers on and off a plane?where do i pick them up and how do i instruct them to get on and off?Can it be done??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ohboy710

Auto Rudder

Can somebody explain to me exactly what an auto-rudder is? When I check the box in setting, its much easier to control, but I was to know exactly what that means....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MAVIRICKII on
pcmechanic

My joystick does not work with FSX???

Hi all! I have a SAITEK CYBORG EVO WIRELESS joystick and I cannot get it to work properly with FSX. Whilst the ailerons work, the POV, throttle etc don't. I checked the same joystick on FS2004 and it works absolutely fine. Anyone any ideas wha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pcmechanic on
trislander

FSX NEEDS DEBUGGING?

I was so exited to get my new FSX. 😂 The install seemed to go great. However (here goes) the quality of the graphics were very poor. Line in the sky, cloud and rain well a mash of purple colours. Frame rates were very poor. Aircraft views were v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
to_coolguys

Funny FSX Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r63FcxZkF78 Here is the link to the funniest FSX video I have ever seen.Couldn't help laughing at the end..Guys just watch the pilot handling a landing gear emergency...Just quite funny...I wonder how these videos are ma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skypilot2 on
DLAM

Judder or lockup?

Hi guys, My stepdad got this game for Christmas, and it was working fine on his PC - except it was really juddery. He bought himself a new 1gb memory stick to hopefully smooth it out, but now whenever he starts the game up it locks up on the first scre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
tacomasailor

Every Free Flight starts with engine at full throttle...

Whenever I start a new Free Flight the engine, or engines, are at full throttle and the plane is already moving as soon as the display appears. I start each mission with the throttle on the CH Yoke all the way off and the mixture all the way lean and the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
azabro on
Qweevox

Man X is a MONSTER!!!!

I have an older machine. It is 2.5 GHz and it has an nVidia card...although its a couple of years old now. I tried the app that is a sticky on this board and my machine checked out ok. However, Flight Sim X takes years to load and stops and starts onc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

need help installing fsm x

i just bought fsmx yesterday and when i tried to install it it got all the way done and then said "error 1935" has occured need help asap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Will my system run fsx??????

Intel core 2 duo 2.4 ghz 250gb hard drive 1gb memory 256mb nVidia GeForce 7900gs...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

key

duz anyone hav a fsx product key so i can activate my game ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Running on
djcevera

couple questions

i love my fs9 and i bought fsx unfortunatly my system isnt the best i have pentium 4 1g ram and a 32mb nvidia card im mainly interested in the new missons for fsx rather than the graphis is it possible to use the fs9 cfg file rather than the fsx file i o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djcevera on
ATC HELP

ATC HELP Pleaseeee help me with Freqency control.. :(

ok, heres the thing i can't get my mind off. Im kind of new to the ATC role in airports, most favoured-- TNCM intl. I work as Tower, while i have another person help me with approach, the thing that i want to know is..if a third**** person joins Tower,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ATC HELP on
Karlw

Radarman please help

I've just got fsx today for christmas and was just wondering if you could tell me what graphic card would let me runs fsx smottley with siome more detail than low thanks radarman Cheers 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lds_soldier on
flychem

FSX Virtual Cockpit!!!!

The defaul cockpit is the VC, which i hate, and can't uncheck it! Does anyone know how to change default from VC to panel?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Craig810 on
u5ndh

How do i reset the pilot log and rewards gained so far?

I'm new to FSX and MS flight sims in general. I've been playing for a few days so far but want to start a new log as if i'm new without all my trial missions and the rewards i've gained so far. I can delete the log with no problem but is there a way of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sveardze on
lekkimsm2500

Flour bombing at anytime?

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to change something, so flour bombs become available at anytime as well as in free fly mode. - Lekkimsm2500...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lekkimsm2500 on

errors, errors, errors, its ridiculous. I REALLY need help.

NOTE: I have looked at past threads. This is ridiculous, I have been trying to install Flight Simulator X for about 11 hours, I first downloaded it, and it worked fine, then I restarted my computer to get a clean boot ( thought it would make it work ni...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
azabro

Airport Vehicles -- Petrol, Luggage

Hey everybody, On FSX, is there a way to get the airport vehicles to do things?? For instance SHIFT+P makes the little Pushback machine Push the plabe back. Is there any key combinations that make the luggage, fuel tankers etc. do their thing on the plan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
azabro on
Running

FSX Scenery Patch Out

And from all the bugs I can think off, they decided to fix this: Certain highly-detailed scenery add-ons that make use of large satellite images may not display correctly in Flight Simulator X. Specifically, you’ll notice large rectangular areas that...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIA+ on
mmarkhar

FSX without SP2 !

Because Microsoft is a crapy OS I have came into the situation (since half a year now), that any attempt to install SP2 on my PC unfortunately fails. MS Support Advice: "Please reinstall your PC from scratch." Which I refuse because it would at least ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Running on
Page 56 of 66