Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

eyepoint up/down dont work?

Anyone have any trouble moving the eyepoint on the external view up or down? I do this on FS9 no problem by using SHIFT+ENTER and SHIFT+BACKSPACE, but it doesnt seem to work on FSX! Note this is for the external view, not the aircraft view (works fine on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
captainsimon

Flight Planning

Right, Hope I can explain this so that it can be understood. I flight plan to fly from for example heathrow to southend airport, I land at southend airport and taxi to parking shut down the aircraft. Now can i still sit in the cockpit in my current ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
CivAV rookie

How does ATC discern runway numbers and positions?

I realize you will be rolling your eyes over this one but, I've tried to figure this out and searched for the info and can't find it. I am assuming I'm missing something very basic so, I do apologize for having to post this question here. When I am in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
denmanrooke

Flight Sim X with Saitek x52

In the apparent absence of any profiles for this combination of FS X and the Saitek x52 flightstick and rudder, I'm trying, with considerable difficulty, to build one of my own. However, at this stage I can't even seem to get the most basic things wor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gheib1 on
planecrazycol

graphic card for fsx

is a sapphire x1600pro radeon 512mb (agp slot) a good card to run fsx on,if not,what cards are good to run fsx on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
Joe Williams

My Dell E310 graphics issue

About a month or so ago some fine folks responded to my graphics issue suggesting I replace the card with a GEForce PCI ( ?) to solve the black triangles over the airports issue. I have lost those e-mails, hopefully someone can remind me....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
joe williams on
saint4

Lights 738

Is there a way to have the 738 logo light and the passengers cabins window lights come on. I've had fsx deluxe from release, only now i'm asking though....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Running on
Thunderbirdman2

Just ordered FSX!

Finally at last well I just ordered FSX are there any pointers or things I should Know about the simulator? Also can you tell me if there is AI traffic at 88C my local airport in Palmyra Wisconsin also can you give me a scrennie of KMDw and 88C Like 2 of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skypilot2 on
Bill_70454

Error loading .bmp files in missions

I back up my C:\ drive all the time, and this game is SOOoooooo... large, that I installed it on another drive (so it would not be included in a backup), and when I start the game, all is good. But when I click on "Missions" , I get the message "Error loa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bill_70454 on
graham05

CH yoke and teamspeak

hello i have the ch yoke and i know theres a way to do this.. i want to set my button 1 (on the yoke) as my push to talk button on teamspeak.....i have talked to someone that has done it but they forgot. so if anyone knows then could you tell me 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kepec on
coenst

how do i access the atc menu

I need to activate atc sounds,i cant hear the tower talking to me.How do i access the atc sound menu?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
simon1

Buying new computer. Is this o/k for money?

I am after purchasing a new computer so that I can turn up the graphics a bit. Does this look o/k for the money? The Vista attitude infinity http://www.aria.co.uk/newdisplaySystem.asp Any comments please!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon1 on
hlharper33@rochester.rr.c

Wild glider

I am a glider pilot with approx 300 glider flights. I can not seem to master the glider flight in tutorial 7 of fsx. As soon as the glider gets to the point where i retract the gear the glider gets out af control and I mget a rope break. I have never h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skypilot2 on
Doyley

Fogged in

Oh dear, go and take off and land at EGGP using real world weather. It is really that bad here!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Borzoi on
Fly boy X 12284

Airbus A321 sensitivity

I dont know if its just my program but every time I fly the A321 it is extremely sensitive and very hard to land manually. the trim never works when i fly manually, it only works when autopilot is on... is that normal? and when im comming in to land manua...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
charlieoneseven on
deamus

No "Taxi to Gate" options - Help?

Hi all, I have been flying a few rounds of "Free Flight" using a Boeing 747-400, landing in several major airports (i.e. Los Angeles Int'l, Heathrow, Hong Kong Int'l (New)). Everytime I touchdown on the runway, I was not given the option to contact...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alex The Great on
ccartmel

How long is a minute in FSX?

Has anybody else experienced time compression. I have found that most of the time 70 or so 'sim seconds' elapse in a real minute. This is sometimes obvious as the second hand on a clock gauge rotates at differing rates. Occasionally 1 minute = 60 seconds....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ccartmel on
supacasey

Can u be a passenger in someone elses plane in Multiplayer?

Was just wondering if in multiplayer you could get a passenger's view in someone elses plane as they flew it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
supacasey on
cannonn

I cant hear the radio tower contacting me

I have trouble hearing the tower contacting me during a flight.I hear the engines and all other sound exept the radio tower.The script appears from the tower/ground control but i dont hear it.Is there a setting i could look for.Thank anyone who can help.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
COBRA359

NO GAUGES , BLURRY OUT WINDSHIELD

HI , I`m new to this forum and what better place than to ask my first question.......I just bought FSX and downloaded it on my computer and all the gauges are not showing on any planes and the view out of the cockpit is blurry ??? I have a newer computer ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
COBRA359 on
rob1015

is there any way to get co pilot assistance on free flight

also how do you speed up time...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
marian99

Error in-flight menu

Hi hello, I've recently installed FSX deluxe edition, the game works very well except for the menu you can activate by right clicking when you are in the aircraft. In MY game that menu and also the ATC menu I cannot see anything only the green border. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
cappee

how do i get the luggage truck

can anybody give me advice on how to get/activate the luggage truck to come to my plane when i get to the gates.Also, when i fly i hear all sounds but can not hear the tower/radio instuctions when displayed on the screen?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Simmy

FSX problem

Has anyone else had the following problem? Flying a Cessna 172 if after take off you go from cockpit view to Spot plane view and start to move around the aircraft with the hat switch the screen locks up but the flight is still running in the background. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dannnv

options menu

I cannot find the OPTIONS menu. I want to replay my flights using the instant replay or video recorder feature I see mentioned. I have looked everywhere. When is the damn OPTIONS menu thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
graham05

Control tower

hello just wondering is there any way to use the control tower not in gamespy. in single palyer ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Running on

Help with wing view

How do u zoom out in wing view to be able to see the entire wing and not just half of it. For example: with the 737-800 i can only a little bit of the end of the wing and the fin. I would like to see the entire wing like a passenger would. Also, is t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

My pc just recognizes my fsx DVDs sometimes

Hi there, i can't manage to install my FSX well, because my pc just recoginizes my dvds sometimes. Th installation starts till my computer asks to insert the 2nd dvd, but he does not recognizes him. When I try to install again I have to restart my com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
b3mmredm

FSX Sounds

Are the engine sounds for the jet and propellered aircraft in FSx different to the ones in FS2004 and FS2002?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sunckc

time resetting in fsx

I have this problem with the time. If want to change the time to anything other than the current time on my computer, the sim automatically reloads w/ the current time. It will show whatever time I choose only for a second or so and then load again back t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sunckc on
kingrazzor

is my system good enough for fsx

My System Specifications Processor Intel Pentium 4 2993MHz Display Card RADEON X300 SE Memory 512MB Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Free Disk Space 155.82GB Display Card Memory 128MB Display Driver Version 6.14.10.6476 DirectX Versio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on
cohen

how do i line up with a runway?

I love flying fsx.I am still new at this thing but are getting the hang of it.I know how to fly to an airport,no problem, but when I get there i dont know how to line up.what do you do to line up to you selected runway? (ps. i fly a ifr approach usuall...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
cohen

I cant find the GPS icon!

I cant find the gps icon (looks like a sattelite dish)in the plane....In FS2004 as soon as you enter the plane,there was a row of icons in front of you.In FSx I can not find them in the plane.How do I activate them so I can see it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
SwampDonkey

Can't get my Hat to work in Views

Hi, I'm using a Cyborg Evo joystick and I'm having problems setting up the Hat so that I can look around in virtual/outside mode. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Swampy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kepec on
VacTacks11

Logitech Rumblepad 2 question

Hello folks, Just installed FSX and it plays beautifully on my computer! A very good purchase, I would think. My question is this. I'm using the Logitech Rumblepad 2, which has 2 analog controls. The left is fine, but the right is not. The rig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

instrument checkride

Help. I have looked at all posts regarding this check ride. All ideas come from pre fsx and are helpful to a point. I just don't get what I'm doing wrong. I pass parkk, turn to the 160, get the message enter holding pattern at 140 intercept. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gocubsgo08 on
airbourne

Airport trucks (How to get them to Work)

This is how to get all the air trucks moving to u 1. Go to options Display , Traffic. Then make the AIrport traffic is at very - low minimum. If its on Non at all u wont get the baggage truck etc. 2.Next turn off ur engings, then open the main door ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
rob1015

Secret Shuttle mission

In the Secret shuttle mission I am able to start the plane but cant move I turn on the engines the rev up and just stay idle any help appericated...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rob1015 on
Robfs

Error message "1722" (Fixed)

For those of you having problems try this link from the microsoft team 🙂 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080/en-us?spid=11941...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Benj98 on
aircanada1123

*Airport Vehicles*

Well, i figured out how to get the gate to come forward and all, but the trucks, baggage control, fuel trucks...none of them move after i parked!!! what going on here???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elite0259 on
skypilot2

Is there anything that works properly!!!!

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that this FSX should be named something else. I gotta tell ya I have never owned a game that has more glitchs than this piece of crap. I just tried the VOR lessons with Rod. What a frickin joke. Damm radios and tuners...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ghtrk on
Saabotr

ILS Landing; quick question (hopefully!)

Hi All- While landing at some airports, the ILS lines me up perfectly with the runway, however the plane does not intercept the glide slope and therefore does not descend. For example: while landing at LAX last night, the ATC will say something li...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Saabotr on

Please explain this game?

Hi there all! My father absolutely loves this game and flys quite often. I would like to possibly expand on what he has for Christmas, but I'm afraid I don't quite understand the game enough to do that. I don't even know which one he has. I guess I"m look...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
skypilot2

Now I can't find the book. Help...

I was in Best Buy last night and ran across a beautiful soft covered Flight Simulator X book on the shelf. Thought I would come home and find it on the PC to order and save a few bucks. Now I can't find one. Went back to Best buy to buy it and it was the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skypilot2 on

737 reference

VREF - Landing Approach Speed gear down 90,000 lbs (flaps 30) 116 KIAS 90,000 lbs (flaps 40) 165 KIAS 180,000 lbs (flaps 30) 109 KIAS 180,000 (flaps 40) 157 KIAS thats the reference it gives you and if you have full flaps you do you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

FSX mediocre performance in my PC

I'm having serious problems with Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, it is running way TOO slow, my PC exceeds all the minimum requirements 😕 , Im not going to complain like a lot of people in here, saying that flight simulator x is a piece of cr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fs adept on
jhcorsair

Issue with Amazon Trek

So I got to the part where everything starts shaking and I do a pushback from the rock. Well, I was not lined up straight so that I ran into the pillars and from there I was pushed backward all the way across the ground and into the lake. Nothing I did wo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Scream on
nottobe

Do you guys thyink I can return FSX to the store?

I might as well ask here, i think I will go back to the store anyway, just give a try...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
philipjes

[HELP] FSX is too laggy!

Hey all. I've tried, almost, everything! http://peecee.dk/uploads/1106/laggyfsx.jpg This is my gfx in FSX. I used the same settings: **1024x768x32** What's wrong? I think my FPS in-game is less than 5 ! My specs are: 4400...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kingrazzor on

error in %84 while loading game creating world wide weather

HI, My Fsx is installed, but when I start it it gives an activation error and some scenery errors. :x I skip those errors and i go till the main screen. I select my airplane and the airport, I click on the start button, the loading bar starts load...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 57 of 66