Flight Simulator X: Add-ons/Downloads

Chat and discuss about add-ons and downloads for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Post here if you are having trouble installing downloads, want to voice your opinion about an add-on, configuration issues and other.
Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

mpf858

FSX Scenery or Mission for San Diego, California

❓ Does anyone know of a download site that has an FSX add-on (esp. scenery) for the San Diego area (to include La Jolla and Del Mar if possible)? Many thanks, Martin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rob Loney on
Brian Wolfenden

Copying/moving aircraft files

Occasionally when copying/moving files from unzipped folder to fsx folder I get the window which says that file already exists do you want to replace it? What should I do in this situation?  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jb30284 on
antony15828

FreeMeshX Terrain Mesh Scenery 2.0 (USA Neither) Does not work on my FSX:SE. I have tried everything. I need help.

I have been trying to troubleshoot this for more than twelve hours. I have checked every last Steam forum or Internet forum I could find for assistance. I have FSX Steam Edition and I have followed every single installation step fo the letter. No matter h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antony15828 on
John Knight

Config files: Fltsim.XX Replace the XX's with a number. ??

I,m sorry if I sound like a dummy, I'm an old senior that enjoys flying. I don't understand that replacing the x's with the next number means. Would someone pleas help me and explain exactly what i'm supposeed to do.This has kept me from installing a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
romo1703 on
Royal50

FSX Missions: Step-by-Step Guide to Installing

I unzipped the file but there are no instructions on how to install it. The file I downloaded was: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24760/fsx-weltspirale-around-world-mission-adventure-pack/ will someone help me, please with informatio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
W3CPR

Autothrottle for Turboprop Engines

I have been trying to add an autothrottle to a turboprop aircraft and finally ran across the solution. I did not create it on my own but only found the solution at a glance from someone else's suggestion from somewhere. In order to have the autothrottle w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jasongw

Boeing 727-100/200/ADV Mega Pack: Bucket Reverse

Hi, I have recently installed the Boeing 727-100/200/ADV Mega Pack for FSX: Steam edition. The download page mentions that the Bucket Reverse Thrust is not included on all the variations but with 'a little tweaking' you can enable them. Unfortunately, th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Arjun Bendre

Enhancing AI Traffic Realism in Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Hi all, I have used WOAI in the past on my old computer, running FS9, and the AI Traffic density was brilliant; at major airports (Heathrow, Kennedy, Los Angeles, Dallas Fort Worth, etc.) I was having to wait at runways to take off, etc.: the realism w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Shane Murphy

Guide to Installing Freeware Aircraft in FSX: Steam Edition

G'day, Is it possible to download A/C from this site to Steam? If so could please help as I am a bit old?  Thank you Regards Shane...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
imre gal

Troubleshooting SU-24 Addon Steering Issues in MS Flight Simulator X

I've installed the addon su-24. On the ground, the aircraft goes always straight on, and the wheel and the flaps are turning correctly, but the aircraft doesn't react and goes straight on.  Please help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Heavydrop

AIcarries2 download

I need AIcarries2 download?    ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heavydrop on
Laverda

Flyingboats/Seaplanes - starting from a waterway

Does anyone know of a way to start a flight from water in the UK or Europe? It's REALLY hard getting the Sunderland airborne from a runway!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Laverda on
JohnbyDeHavilland

Where can I find the SAAD models?

While sifting through the many models for my FSX, I saw this cool Delta repaint for SAAD's A350, I tried to go to their group on Facebook, but it's not there! Looked around on the web, but not there too! But as I continued I saw that it was a pirated mode...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JohnbyDeHavilland on
Laverda

Carenado ATR72

Has anyone else had problems with this software? It just isn't working, it either runs slowly or crashes my PC. I've raised it with Carenado support, just wondered if it's just my PC!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Laverda on
sterk03

When I install addon scenery it seems to work only half the time, what is the key to it?

I had posted this to the wrong sim but since have found the lesson on ADDON SCENERY. it states 2 ways of doing it. I think I have tried each one but still seems to have too many not really work. Is one more fail safe thenthe other. I always get confused ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sterk03 on
gsnde

AI Aircraft Editor 2.1.18

Hello, Today I have release version 2.1.18 of the AI Aircraft Editor on AVSim, FlightSim and at The Owls Nest. Newly added is an FS9/FSX viewer component. You can display the currently selected model and texture in a separate window. My cordial than...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fklkbu19 on
sam tetro

photo real scenery and windows 7

Photoreal scenery  loads with acres of water area where land mass should exist?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sam tetro on
jellrod

ATC Airline ID voice

I am confused. I downloaded an add-on, a British Air CRJ700 texture. It was not a full add-on, only the texture and such that comes from the downloads like you find here. Now, this is my question. When I fly the British Air CRJ700, ATC uses Speed Bi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robpleavin on
TED Komorowski

Radar for the Cessna 441

Is there A radar for the Cessna 441 and how do I Download  it TK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TED Komorowski on
Nightowl4903

Accessing Nimitz/Eisenhour Carriers in FSX: Starting Flights Directly from the Deck?

I have the Nimitz/Eisenhour carrier package and AIcarriers2 installed. The only way I can board the carriers is to land on them with AIcarriers. How do I access the carriers to start a flight there like in all the great screenshots I've seen? They don't ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dale Scott on
Dale Scott

AM I THE ONLY ONE USING THE RFN CARRIER GAUGE?

I am having nothing but frustration with the RFN carrier gauge, and in spite of posting on every forum I can thoink of, I can't seem to find any help or even suggestions. If there is anyone out there that is using the gauge, PLEASE contact  me either her...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dale Scott on
Dale Scott

RFN gauge: What does zone not active mean?

I have Enterprise Final Cruises installed. It comes with an RFN gauge with Enterprise already tuned. When I access the tools window to try and move my plane to the ship it says: "The tuned zone is not active, this function cannot be used!" Can someone t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dale Scott on
krjones1218

Help getting the SGA FedEx Douglas DC-10-30F File name fx1032fe.zip to work

After downloading the above zip file, unzipping, and placing in the file to the airplane file, it won’t show up in the aircraft select screen. I have delt with the jpeg thumbnail issues and several other suggestions from Fly Away forum searches to no av...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
krjones1218 on
Dale Scott

RFN gauge glitch?

I have the latest version of the RFN carrier gauge instaled in my F-14 Tomcat. The problem I am having with it is that I have the carrier frequency entered and excepted but it won't switch from standbye to active. Any suggestions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dale Scott on
Brion Bell

Disappearance of Jetways in FSX After U.S. Airports Scenery Upgrade Installation

I downloaded and installed the major U.S. airports scenery addons upgrade, (from about 2009?), and placed all the files in the correct folders, ("/Addon Scenery/scenery" and "/Addon scenery/texture/") with the *.bgl files and the *.bmp files going into th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Bruce Zobel

Aircraft Add On

How can I put Commercial Jetliner ad on on My Flight Simulator on my computer I am usuing Windows 7 - MicroSoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition.I trying to put L10LL,757,767,MD11 Aircraft on My Flight Simulator with using zip Files I do not know how to us...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bruce Zobel on
farlinoff

PMDG Boeing 737-800NG Livery requested.

Hi, I have installed Microsoft FSX on my Windows 10 machine and it appears to be working fine. I have also added the PMDG Boeing 737-800NG etc. aircraft and all seems to be working. I would very much like to install a repaint for one of these aircraft tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Aviator49

Error with London City Airport Addon Installation: Scenery.cfg File Issue

london_city_airport.zip Tried both the auto-installer plus manually, and while I can see London City in the addon directory after trying to activate it, the airport remains unchanged. I get the following message when loading FSX  "...Scenery.cfg fi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Laverda

How to Retract Bombs and Close Bomb Doors on the Sunderland by Firstclass Sims

Anybody in there know how I can retract the bombs and close the bomb doors on the Sunderland?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jgood

Understanding the Autopilot Functionality in the F/A-18 Fighter Jet

How does the autopilot work in the new f-18.? Thanks for any info....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jonnymorris

Simulator vector update tool, such as FTX Vectors or UTX?

Hi, new person here, just looking to get the most accurate version of my little corner of the UK to buzz around. I'm downloading the free stuff first to see what it's like, I see for the FreeMeshX it talks about having to use a vector update tool, however...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
bradles

FSX No CD File

Can anyone let me know if there is a No CD file available for FSX please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
DBottieri

Adding new scenery to FSX

When I attempted to addon an improved scenery for California and Colorado using the simulator library page to add a scenery function, it would not load anything or even recognize the new files. However, if I manually copied the new BGL files into the defa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Curt E. Cornell

Getting activation code for Addit Pro for Flight Sim X

Does anyone know how to contact Joseph Stearns, creator of Addit Pro software for Flight Sim X??? I sent a payment to his website, byteforge.com, for an activation code. The payment was processed, but I've never received the code and nobody has responded ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
tzink

Can someone please update KSMO? I have FSX:SE so no SDK :(

I fly out of KSMO and would like a more accurate airport experience to complement my training. Basically, in 2017 KSMO shortened the runway to 3500' by turning 750' on either side into a blast pad. They also moved the windsock to the north side of the run...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
RLB747SP

No terminals show up

Added several airports. All was well, then all of a sudden none of the terminals are there.  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Devildog73

FSX Florida Coast Beaches

Has anyone found an accurate FSX scenery package which shows the Florida Atlantic and Gulf beaches? FSX stock Florida scenery was obviously composed by people who have never flown over and looked out their windows, or never been to Florida! There are NO ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ksoszka on
roelli98

change language from French to English

We bought a Microsoft Flight Simulator X in French. (We live in Geneva, Switzerland) Is there any way to switch the language of the game from French to English without buying another copy?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
RobinDR400

I can't find the aircraft directory folder?

Hi there my name is Hamish and I recently became a pro member. I have downloaded the F8A Sabre and it says for it to work you have to unzip the file and put it into the Aircraft Directory folder. The only problem is when I double-click on the flight simul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Michael Tift

Windows 10 FSX-SE. Scenery Library was removed by a program.

That program that allows you set different keys to different functions. I have no idea where it came from only that the out come was my Scenery Library was deleted like others, only the activate box was left selected. That's the history, now the question,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
DexTheLelGuy

Livery request - Retro LAN Airlines A320

does some one have or can make a retro lan airlines livery for the default a320? image for reference: https://cdn-forum.inibuilds.com/monthly_2020_11/2020-5-31_13-59-59-881.png.32e5aeca1fa6bc62d9df320c8bd359ee.png...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Marc 1728

Download to laptop then transfer download to flight computer

Is there a way to download software to one computer (my laptop) and then transfer it to another (my main tower) for installation? My flight sim computer never goes on line. It's not set up to. Can I download additional aircraft to my laptop and then tr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Artieaitch on
Martins

PA-42 Pipper Cheyenne 400LS -Instalation

Dear Sirs I have downeloded the above plane but there's no way to make it work. I have done everyting asked but the airplane does't work in my Flight Simulater (FSX). The plane doesn't even apears in the list and images once open the FSX-Accelaration. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
francois2020

send microsoft flight simulator 2020 activation key ?

please send the microsoft flight simulator 2020 activation key  to my email adresse francoisantoun@gmail.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Francois Louw on
Laverda

Refuelling

Does anyone know of any fiddles to refuel en route? Can't land at an airport in a Sunderland and doing the 1938 England - Australia route....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Laverda on
James Tanudji

Downloading at 50kb/s instead of 2mb/s

Im currently downloading a 2.2 gb file at 50kb/s when the download speed says it is 2mb/s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
James Tanudji on
wilfrano

Missing Parts of down loaded add on A/C.

I have just installed MSFS X and service pack one on a new windows 11 HP Omen computer. On loading some add on aircraft downloaded from  fly away, some of the aircraft (not all) have parts missing and some areas transparent. Any suggestions to fix this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wilfran on
dknytn

FSX Scenery add-on fail

Hi all, I just downloaded the Washington state scenery add-on for FSX. I've looked at quite a few install tips, but none seem to work. One particular problem I see (besides it not working) is there is no texture file at all. The scenery files are all .bg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RPFrankenstien on
klauspeter

hallo , how to install Gauges on A340-600

I downloded  the A340 -600 ,unfortunately it did not come with gauges ,just the emty Pannel! how do i get the gauges into my a340 ??? Thank you for the Help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
StreamKing55 on
Rocketfella

I have been trying to download the "FreemeshX USA LOD 1

I have been trying to download the "FreemeshX USA LOD 12 of 50.92gb.  I have tried 3 times without success. The download seems to work 100% to the end, but after some deliberation, it comes up as failed.. Have you any suggestions as to why this is happen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skytrail on

25 pages with 1210 questions.

previous12345678910111213141516171819202122232425next
Page 1 of 25