Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

azabro

FS2004 No-CD Crack ERROR

I have just downloaded the no cd crack for FS9 but whenever I open it, An error msg. appears saying: Couldn't Load Language Resource DLL Error File: C:\Documents an Settings\jamie.STEPHANDJIM\Local Settings\Temp\language.dll. Error Code: 0x7E (126) P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Nikolais

Best landing method?

Hey! If I want the plane to be lined up right in front of the runway, which landing method should I then use? Etc. IFR, ILS? Thanks a lot in advance! nikolais 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
SteveT

[ Poll ] What time of the day do you prefer to fly in on FS?

Hi, So is it Day, Night, Dusk or Dawn - and please if you can explain why. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
Sphagnum1

Anyone know how to keep FS sound on while not on focus?

While flying, at altitude, I often turn AP on and shrink (not minimize, just shrink the size) the window and do other stuff on my computer. But it annoys me that i can't hear the engines or the co-pilot in case of failures (fsPassengers). Anyone know ho...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
starfoxfalcon

auto land

have downloaded panels that have auto land on them.never seen this before.How do youi apply this in flying 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
KurtPStevens

[ Poll ] FS Live Traffic

Does anyone use FS Live Traffic? What is your opinion?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
starfoxfalcon

landing speeds

would like to know the landing sppeed for 737-300 when fully loaded with fuel and no passangers please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
CrashGordon

As real as it gets!

We can all dream... http://www.xsn.net/project727/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pappy55 on
Armodin

FS2004 Losing Track of my Plain

I have been using FS2004 for almost a year now. I have plenty of nifty add-ons, but I am having a problem with FS2004 Losing my plain. Tonight I was flying from Leuisville, KY. to Atlanta. When I was about 66 mls out the ATC put me on a heading of 115 for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
HowardsRock

ServInfo

OK...I'm going crazy. For the last 3 days, EVERY TIME I start up ServInfo, regardless of whether I pull up VATSIM, FPI, or whatever, I get a dialog box that tells me that it can't get current data, and that the newest data is ALWAYS 1 hour & 5 minutes ol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HowardsRock on
pilotguy44

Funny

ok everyone, what's the funniest thing you've seen or experienced in all of your flight simming experience. this can even date back to FS95. including IFR, VFR, online flying, ....anything. what has given you the longest laugh at the controls of your virt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on

trouble landing

I am having trouble landing in FS9. Say i want to land at lodnon gatwick. I will look at the ILS frequency and heading of the runway, say the runway heading is 230 and frequency 110.45. I will put my course heading indicator to 230 and set NAV1 radio to 1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
marc de ruyck

Laptop medion 96500 and FS 2004

Hello Australian Simmers, I live in Belgium and in two days the medion MD 96500 is for sale here. Does anybody have any firsthand experience with FS 2004 'on line with IVAO' on this laptop? would be a great help in making the right choice... marc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sphagnum1 on
starfoxfalcon

yaw damper

please explain this...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
starfoxfalcon on
SteveT

A Manual/Checklist for EMB 120?

Hi, Does anyone know of a checklist or manual for this plane? Thanks P.S - I have searched on most sites so if you do find one can you post a link of it not a website where you COULD find it. 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Solotwo

Oh crap! FS stopped loading, so sad.

Well this morning I fired up FS and much to my dismay, whammo, it freezes when the splash screen comes up, nothing happens, thats it. Then I have to close it for being none responsive. This is one thing I was hoping wasn't going to happen but it has. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Doyley

St. Marteen Approach

You dont really see any images from FS of St. Marteen so I took a screen dump when I was just about to land there earlier. Ive provided a link rather than posting an image as its pretty big and I didnt want to mess up the forum. You'll have to excus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
GIranger

Who wants to make a model of the current M/AH-6 Little Bird?

I have posted this in the A/C forum but thought I could get more responses from the General Forum. Here is the post I have up: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/13618/who-wants-to-make-current-little-bird-helicopter/ Basically I am interes...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GIranger on
wlkin

Into Bangladesh

Today's flight through the haze. http://www.kinseyclan.com/mytrip/zpjh/zpjh.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Sphagnum1

Red Smoke Trails

.... should I be worried? This is my A320 on approach. This smoke didn't come out while cruising, I just went to check my level as I flew in for approach and noticed this trail of red smoke. What is it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sphagnum1 on
soohy

alt+enter problem

hi! i've got a small rtather annoing problem. I've got two monitors pluged into my pc. One for the main view and onother one to display gauges. When i get my gauges on the other screen and i go to fullscreen mode everything works perfect but if i want ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Liono

Some FS tweaks for you to use.

Don't know if this has been posted before but here goes. Do you want to make the sharpness in FS look good in the distance? If yes then copy & paste this into your FS9.CFG. Make a back-up of the orginal first 😀 About half way down you wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
SteveT

Ch Yoke and Throttle Quadrant

Hi all. To day I recieved my Yoke and Throttle Quadrant but my dad and I have spent a very long time tryig to assign all the buttons and levers etc.. We have got the Yoke working fine - it works well and the little throttles on it work aswell....BUT...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
beerbadger

hacked?

Flyaway has been hacked i think, stupid hackers :evil:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Doyley

PAPI / VASI

Hi guys, Is there a difference between these two? Also, how do they work?? Are they automatic and do they change for each aircraft and weather? Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Sphagnum1

A320 should be able to fly on one engine, right?

I took off from KSJC and was all but 20nm on approach to KDFW, 1300nm flight, when my right engine flamed out. At the time I was roughly 4000 ft decending to 2400 then planning on hitting up the glide slope for a nice landing. I had taken off with a fu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
wlkin

Around Indonesia

Today's flight. http://www.kinseyclan.com/wiii/wiii.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
f24me

mouse pointer probs

When in flight deck mode ready for take off and when flying the mouse pointer flickers so fast its impos to locate switches etc.this only happens on the flight deck.in all other situations in fl/sim2004 menues etc all is fine I have replaced ,mouse, grap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Sphagnum1

AI flying in pairs?!

I've got a weird problem... I added on Project AI traffic and now all my traffic flies in pairs. These screens were just taken as I was 2 hours into a flight over the SouthWest of the USA. Other than my framerates probably taking a hit for the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sphagnum1 on
frequent flyer

FS2004 crashes to desktop...help?

Someone know of the problem? I start FS and it goes to blackscreen, and then jumpes back to the desktop...would be glad for any good response! 😀 It is my brothers pc and he says that this has never happened before... Computer specs: CPU: A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
JTH

CH Throttle Quadrant

Hi everyone, I recently bought the CH Yoke and rudder pedals and really like them. I'm now thinking of completing the package and buying the quadrant. It's quite expensive so I'm wondering if anyone could recommend it? I would be mainly using it in the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TheGoog on
SteveT

Private Pilots Liscence

Hi all, I am looking to start my PPL this year possibly and I am just asking for some advice and some tips. I will be going up in a Cessna 152 for a trial flight to see how it goes and will tell you what happens. So if anyone has/is doing their PPL...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jim_4 on
thander

installation problems FS2004

I am trying to install FS 2004 again, having had my computer to the computer store and the system reinstalled a while ago. When disc 1 is done I get the message to insert disc 2. I do. Then nothing happens and after a while a message tells me: "Please ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nottobe

I followed a DC-3 for 2 hours over Germany

http://www.channel-dv.com/other/dc3.jpg This is an AI DC3. She was parked beside me at an airport near Berlin. I felt quite curious since this antique is rarely seen nowadays. So I followed her on the taxiway, takeoff, climb, and all along the way at 1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
SteveT

Throttle Quadrant and Yoke

Hi, In two days time it is my birthday and I will be getting the CH Yoke and Throttle Quadrant. Now I would like to ask something - What makes CH so good? What is the USP of the Yoke and Throttle? Why is it sooo much better than other yokes and the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
sorfish

How to install no cd patch for FS2004?

Can someone tell me how to install the no cd patch, 2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Solotwo

Two possibly dumb questions...

First of all, what the heck are DME radials and how to do I use DME as this depature procedure explains. Trying to figure it out, and please explain how to do it in FS not real world, that would just confuse me even more. Secondly, what the heck doe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on

Virtual Cockpit gone missing

When I cycle betwwen views, I no Longer have a virtual cockpit for my Cirrus, it used to be there, but now its gone! can anyone help? Also , on the cirrus, when flying the "full" plane, someone has left the back door open, and i can't close it. The lug...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Ryan F.

I need all the advice I can get.

Hey everyone.. I know a lot of you guys are older and pilots in real life, so I'm lookin' for some input here: I'm 17 years old.. and I'm graduating high school in June. I'm unsure of exactly what school I want to go to, but regardless, I'm definitely ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
crosscheck9

SID/STAR updating

Hello all, You may realize I have been very much involved in the 737NG, and I'm close to having mastered it, however I went over to launch a quick flight from KMCO to KMIA, when I realized that the SID referred to in my flightplan was not availab...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JTH on
Looby

How do I open The Parachute On The Guy?

How do i open the parachute on the guy? Also how do i open the back door on the Lockheed Martin herculese Plz Reply Thnx 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
-Jester-

Please Vote

Hey guys, My friend has entered a Captain Sim Screen Shot contest and the first place guy/gal gets a FREE product of their choice, well the screen shot involves him flying the Coast Guard HC-130 and me in the background flying the UH-60J (Jayhawk) so plea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on

Longest airport

just a little question.. what is the top 10 longest airport in the world?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
pilotwannabe

PCpilot

Just wondering what all your opinions on this magazine are becasue i'm thinking of subscribing. PW 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Sphagnum1

airspeed indicator affected by turbulance?

Flying along in my a320 at FL330 when I start getting "blown" very suddenly to one side or another. The autopilot quickly gets me back on course... but it's almsot like hitting turbulance. Not enouh for the crew to throw on the seatbelt sign (FSPassenge...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
ivan08

bored out of my mind

Hey I'm bored out of my mind and i can't think of where i should departure and where should i arrive? So anyone want to give me some places?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
SeanGa

Aircraft Lights?

So, basically there are 4 light switches in the cockpit. Strobe, nav, land and bcn. can anyone tell me when to use these different type of lights? Also, I don't have the "pilot controls aircraft lights" option enabled - could anyone tell me what...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
pilotwannabe

First report

This is my first FSpax report, just wondering what you guys thought of it... Flight ID: PO422 Pilot: Pilotwannabe Company: Air Pilot Aircraft: ERJ 135 Airstair delta Flight Date: March 28 2006 Departure: 11h49 (19h50 GMT) Arrival: 12h17 (20h17 GM...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on

Can any1 tell me whats the difference betwwen.......

World airports 1 and world aiports 2 😀 cos i think they just do the same...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
SteveT

My Europe Tour

Hi,our in Europ Some of you may remember that I started a Tour in Europe on FS2004 but as you may have noticed I haven't been posting about it. My PC has been in a wreck lately and my dad has been up and down like a yo yo trying to sort it out with my...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
Page 48 of 111