Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

beerbadger

Promoted to c1 =)

Flight ZB768 End of flight report Date April 15 2006 Flight ID: ZB768 Pilot: Cameron Company: Monarch Aircraft: Commerical Level Simulations - Airbus A300-6 Flight Date: April 15 2006 Departure: 14h55 (12h55 GMT) Arrival...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Jared

My First Trans-Atlantic Flight

Well today I have sucsessfully completed my first transatlantic flight. I bought the PMDG 747 earlier this week and thought I would try it out. My flight was from KJFK to EGLL as Virgin Atlantic flight 3. It was great. I started her out then left for work...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
patw on
leachus2002

Throttle running too high at cruise altitude

Hey Peeps, I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for getting my throttle levels down when I am crusing? I have just flown from Birmingham to Palma and followed all the instructions in the operations manual of my B757-200 - but I am finding tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
brownbox

super mega plane

is it a bird? is it a plane? came across this traffic problem at auckland international 😞 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/14081/super-mega-plane_ef80d120525246a3d2ed78e75c9efe2d.jpg although this is really funny can so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
amermel on
PanAmerican

My First FS Passenger Report

Flight ID: HA953 Pilot: Nick O'Dell Company: Henderson Airways Aircraft: Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian Flight Date: April 15 2006 Departure: 17h51 (00h51 GMT) Arrival: 18h07 (01h07 GMT) From: 0L7 To: KHND Nbr of Passengers: 6 Report: Flight...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on

Cut off?

Every time I get about 30 minutes into the flight it stops the flight and says 'We are sorry, but FS2004 has an error. Anything unsaved will be lost.' I already tried reinstalling it, but we got a new drive and I installed it on the older one, so that mig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Ivan08

night time only?

I have ultimate traffic as my add on but there's only traffic at dusk and at night but never in the day. How come and is there any way i can change that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

ILS Frequency

When I put on autopilot for approach, I read the thread that says I need to put in the ILS Frequency. How do I do that and how do I know what frequency to put in?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
amermel on
KL

fs9.exe, hangup

Hi, Something happened to my FS9, when I try to start it, the starting window comes up, then stops completely. These are the files that wants to include in the error message to microsoft: C\DOcume`1\Locals`1\Temp\WERB1.tmp.dir00\fs9.exe C\DOcume`1\Loc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
brownbox

new tab on fs menu

on the main menu there is a tab called news in fs2004. its a useless website so i was wondering if it can be changed 😛 :horse:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oreo005 on
ceetee

Can you guess where I am?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/12850/can-you-guess-where-i-am_55290bdf193d17025c2e61e2ee679989.jpg Look at those huge cliffs in the screenshot above and below, Can you take a guess where I am? Notice the runway below, have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
-Jester-

Estimated Time Of Arrival

Hey guys, Say I was going to Midway from Las Vegas and it said on my GPS that I was 4 hours away ( just guessing 4 hours) would it be 4 hours of my time in real life? or is the ETA on your GPS run Fast (say 30 min in an hour or so) -Nick I hope tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
ceetee

Download: My Splash Screen Pack #3

I have decided to create a series of FS2004 Splash Screen packs for you guys to download now I have got my hands on a copy of Photoshop CS and a layered template (Found here: http://www.wspilots.com///?page=4&action=file&file_id=1121 ) Pack #3's theme...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Howie1402

make planes by urself for fs2004

could anyone tell me how i could make a plane for flight sim/ program that would help me make it... chars ........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
pilotguy44

very handy view device

hey everyone, I found this amazing module for FS2004 that completey by-passes the default replay system.. it records as much of a flight as you want so you can view it later (in FS2004 only). it records everything from throttle to aileron and even yoke...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
brownbox

smoke system

whats it do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
brownbox

passing time

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/13779/passing-time_5ee924ff4fcb6579b1ddbdbfd040b30d.jpg the streetracers of new zealand moved to the runway at auckland airport? :wall: :wall: :punk: :punk:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
ceetee

Download: My Splash Screen Pack #4

I have decided to create a series of FS2004 Splash Screen packs for you guys to download now I have got my hands on a copy of Photoshop CS and a layered template (Found here: http://www.wspilots.com///?page=4&action=file&file_id=1121 ) Pack #4's theme...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oreo005 on
ceetee

Download: My Spash Screen Pack #2

I have decided to create a series of FS2004 Splash Screen packs for you guys to download now I have got my hands on a copy of Photoshop CS and a layered template (Found here: http://www.wspilots.com///?page=4&action=file&file_id=1121 ) Pack #2's theme...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
ceetee

Download: My Spash Screen Pack #1

I have decided to create a series of FS2004 Splash Screen packs for you guys to download now I have got my hands on a copy of Photoshop CS and a layered template (Found here: http://www.wspilots.com///?page=4&action=file&file_id=1121 ) Pack #1's theme ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
azabro

NAV1/NAV2

how do you change the frequency? say i am set to NAV1, how do i change 2 NAV2??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
Iamcrap

Flight plans airliner pilot

Hi evryone. I am the newest person in the world here. How do I program a flight plan in airliner pilot. I ahve just learnt how to push bck so that is useful but I cannot program a flight plan. Do i do tht and then put auto pilot on? How to you activate ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
iamcrap on

Checklists

does anyone know ❓ a website where you can download free checklists for the default fs9 aircraft Thanks Rich 8...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Liono

Improved CFG file

Found this on Avsim Good framerates and nice scenery views require modification of the FS9.CFG file. Here is an improved FS9.CFG file with READ ME full of explanations and hints. Want sharp outside world-views and good framerates - then try this one! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon123 on
heggie

turned autogen off, now want it back, but it wont re appear!

hey, no matter what my setting is, i cannont get autogen back on, can anyone help ?!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
heggie on

what's flight level?

I'm currently flying one of the cargo flights in fs2004 to hong kong, ATC keps telling me to set flight level to 350 but im already at 35000ft....what's going on?!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Mc_GaNgStA

Speed limits and vertical speed indicators.

What is the ideal climb and descent rates? I usually descend at 1800 fpm, and climb at 3400 fpm. Am i doing correct? Also, i know tht u cant be above 250 knots below 10000, but usually when i climb and try to keep below 250 knots, my speed decreases qu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
excelsis

ATC text messaging

This has appeared on the BBC news site. Thought it might be of interest to this forum. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4896584.stm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
pilotguy44

replays

I love watching my landings on replay from all different views, like wing views, ground views, etc... for obvious reasons, I can't look at these views while I'm flying, so I always view them in replay. However, I've noticed that replays create jagged...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotguy44 on
tiger7881

"They are my kids, I am thier Father."

😂 check this out my little kids there (A319 lufthansa) i am their father (A340 lufthansa) they are all sticky together. 😂 I am A340....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
kevin2003

Internal Error 2753-Project Canarias2006 Re-install

Hi, I'm trying to reinstall Project Canarias2006 after a FS9 rebuild but I keep getting this message,seconds into the install: Internal Error 2753.manager.exe The download and intallation was according to the readme. I've tried a fresh download ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevin2003 on
RadarMan

Screenshot Forum

Flyaway has given us a new screenshot forum, many of your screenshots now scattered about this board will be slowly be moved as TTT and I have the time. I will also move the Screenshot contest to it and make it a "sticky". https://forum.flyawaysimulatio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Solotwo

Any viable replacements for Active Sky?

Well I love my Active Sky 6 to death, well at least what it does, except its been ruining my FS experience as of late by constantly crashing FS9 over and over again after about an hour and a half, doesn't fail. And I love how the Active Sky support guys ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon123 on
SeanGa

Leaving today 11. april for Lanzarote!

I'm leaving from Bergen(Norway) tomorrow to Lanzarote(Canary Islands) to visit my family! I'm very excited! My flight route will be: Bergen(ENBR) ---> Stavanger (ENZV) ---> Lanzarote (GCRR) and it will take about 6 hours. I will be flying wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
pilotwannabe

Useful tool

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been posted before, if it has I apologise but i've noticed lately that there have been a high number of posts asking for assistance in installing aircraft. For those who still have trouble i have found this program...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
patw

The most beautiful airline in the sky

Which would you say (in your opinion) is the most beautiful airline in the skies? My vote goes to Virgin Atlantic....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
flybie

Ideal Hardware Setup for Multiple Screens in FS2004

Hi, First off sorry if I should be posting FS2004 questions elsewhere... I'm looking at setting up a machine to run 2 (1 view, 1 control), though ideally 4 (3 view, 1 control), screens. What do you think I would need to run with 4 screens nicely?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kianok

FS Tweaks

somone on here posted a list of tweaks for FS a few days ago but i can't seem to find it. :oops: Can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dap005 on
brownbox

reverse thrust

i worked out the reverse thrust button.... its so cool!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
SeanGa

Rudder in FS vs. real life

when I use the rudder in the air in FS, it almost doesn't move at all... is it like this in real life too? and when landing in crosswinds in real life, do pilots use the rudder to line up right before or when touched down? thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
HowardsRock

Shadows on the ground

Is there an option anywhere in FS9 that will let you toggle shadows on the ground (shadows of clouds, planes, etc)? I heard it mentioned in an earlier thread and thought I'd ask. If not, is there any add-on that will enable this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
leachus2002

Overbanking in POKSY 757-200

Hey Peeps, I am having a problem with overbanking in my project opensky 757. FSpassengers keeps saying that I am pulling excess g forces, but I am only flying using autopilot. Is there anyway of fixing this? Thanks Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on

MRAI

Has anyone got the MRAI installer as their website has closed down. Many thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
nottobe

Why I have never seen AI Helicopters in FS?

Do you know if GA-Traffic will take choppers to make flight plans?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
-Jester- on
starfoxfalcon

spoilers

when coming in for a landing you have to set your spoilers.could you let me know how you set them properly.I find when desending that i i desend to slow.Maybe it is just me.i know your desend rate can not be to steep of an angle .Is there anything i shoul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
sabrepoint

Dual screens?

Hi I have GeForce FX5200 which has analog and digital outputs if I remember correctly. I tried to hook up a second VDU to display an alternative window, but all I managed was to stretch single window across the 2 screens. Well actually I didn't do it (...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sabrepoint on
brownbox

Free Alternative to Active Camera?

alright heres my problem. i want active camera but dont wanna pay (typical of me) so im wandering is there any other programmes like it. i have f1 view but find that it takes too long to move around the plane and its not sophisticated enough......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Agus0404

FS Live Traffic

Hello pilots! I've been reading in a Portuguese magazine about FS Live Traffic made by AirNav Systems. I read that a portuguese guy made it. The article says that you can see every aircraft that lands in any airport and you can know its position (gate, p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Autopilot and Glideslope on Landing

I am trying to land a B-737 and I can't line up with the runway. How do I get out autopilot and make the approach? Also, I have been reading forums and they were talking about a glideslope. I have no clue what the means. Please help me in understanding th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captaindale on
brownbox

I LOVE FS SKYWORLD

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/13775/i-love-fs-skyworld_68e01ee9fe3b1ad9d16e62562647ca69.jpg SQ180 takes off at dusk from auckland Intl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Page 47 of 111