Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

leachus2002

Pitch Trim Rudder and Elevator Settings on Take-Off

Hey Peeps, I am currently flying an Airbus A321 and wondered if anyone knew the recommended pitch trim settings for the rudder and elevator for take off? Thanks Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Visual flight path rectangles do not appear

Hello every1 i have just brought fs2004, 😀 😀 when i enable the visual flight path to guide me in at an airport the rectangles arent there, Can any1 help me please 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

fs2004

what do you enjoy most about fs2004...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
nottobe

2D cockpit only has flood lights?

I always fly 2D, but in the night, I have to turn on the cockpit flood lights to see the gauges. I can't find the back lights or LED of the gauges, but in the 3D cockpit, the gauges are backlit. Doesn't seem to have problem flying with the flood lights ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinchypooples on
Doyley

Absolutly Gutted

I was supposed to have my first flying lesson today but the weather is bad so they have moved it to Thursday. :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
RevEv

FS2004 & the "Bunny Hop"

Perhaps, someone has experienced the same thing I have, and can tell me how to eliminate it. When cycling through the views ("S" key), from cockpit to full exterior view on the ground, upon first viewing the full exterior, the aircraft is jumping up-an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Sphagnum1

Commercial Jets always IFR?

I just flew a A320 out of KSFO to KGRR (grand rapids) VFR. When approaching KGRR, I contacted their tower and they assigned me runway 26R which is only 5000ft long and has no ILS frequency. Is this because I'm not supposed to fly VFR in a commercial jet...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sphagnum1 on
nottobe

Have you tried F1 Ground Environment ?

I bought it without a second hesitate, coz I want to do everything to improve the ground scenery. But I didn't have time to play after I installed. Can someone give me some feedback?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
john parry

push back turning

Iv'e followed the instructions on the kneepad, and whatever variation I use, I can't get the tail to turn left or right during a pushback...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
hinch

hinch gauges!

so my first set of gauges has beenplanned and i have nearly finished this airspeed gauge shown below in 2d 120% size and vc 2.50 zoom. they are based on united instruments. http://forum-design.co.uk/gauge1.jpg let me know what you think so far! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on

What To Expect from Saitek Cyborg Evo force joystick?

i have ordered a Saitek Cyborg Evo force joystick and was Wondering what to expect from it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
SteveT

Active Camera: How To Create Wing Views?

Hi, With active camera, how do you create wing views so you are behind the wing? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
simulatorfan

is this game hard 2 do???

hi. i was wondering wether dis game is hard 2 work or not. do u hvae 2 deal wit dials and take offs or can u juts sit around???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
sum1

splash screen

What is a Splash Screen?!plz help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
hinch

Instrument photos

i'm trying to make some photorealistic gauges (because i think they're the coolest) but i'm having a very hard time finding good photos head on of instruments. i'm looking for airspeed, altimeter, fuel, tachometer, temperature, rpm etc... any help is a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on

uploading

Everytime i want to upload a screenshot, it keeps saying media already exists?? 😳 Whats the problem, can anyone help! :x...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
uni_max_zero

Can Not reach the north pole in fs2004/fs9

Hello is it me or the disk I have but last week I tried to fly over the north pole and all i could was reach the outer edge and it just would not go any further, have not tried to fly over the south poler region yet, I know in fs98 you could what happened...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
nottobe

I want a piston twin payware, what's the best?

thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
leachus2002

gps_export.dll

Hi Peeps, Could someone please send me thier copy of "gps_export.dll" situated in thier FS9 modules folder - mine has got corrupted 😞 Thanks Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
Rupz

Menu keeps crashing :cry:

Yo, cn any1 help me, The problem occurs whenever i start a flight and i have to open the menu through the game to select an option, such as change Date+Time or Change Aircraft, The game and my computer completeley crashes, The mouse wont work and there is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Greekman72

Thats why i like FSPax.

Company: VINTAGE AIRLINERS Aircraft: Howard 500 - Passenger in blue and bronce Flight Date: 26 March 2006 Departure: 14h23 (14h24 GMT) Arrival: 14h56 (14h57 GMT) From: DRRN - Diori Hamani - Niger To: DRRN - Diori Hamani - Niger Nbr of Passengers: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
SteveT

Full Download for Active Camera

hi, Is there a download version for active camera. I want the full version - not the trial one so after i download it i can pay for it. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
leachus2002

Airbus A319 Fuel Calculator

Hey Peeps, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a decent Airbus fuel calculator that I can download? Thanks Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
beerbadger

Another Good Report =)

Financial Report: Ticket Income: +£10,192 (217 miles) Cargo Income: +£13,473 (54399 lbs) Services Income: +£0 (1 sandwich 0 hot food 1 drink) Services Cost: -£186 (50% quality) Fuel Cost: -£3,289 (12290 lbs Jet-A1) Airport Taxes: -£246 (Heav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robbier on
brownbox

Takeoff Flaps with FSPassengers

when i finish a flight my fspassengers report says i didnt set the flaps correctly when i was taking off. am i meant to put the flaps on when im taking off?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Liono

My solution to FS9 crash via kneeboard

Over the past few weeks I have been having a few problems with FS9. When ever I'm in flight and try to bring up the kneeboard FS crashes to the desktop and an error report comes up. In the error report the following wants to be sent over FS9.CFG DX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Mc_GaNgStA

A few questions!

Hi, First of all, is there a way you can align urself with the runway whilst take-off, coz whenever i change the weather to stormy or grey and rainy, as i dont have a sidewinder joystick, it's extremely difficult to keep the aircraft in line before takeo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
kianok

fsNavigator Export for PMDG FMC

I have created a flight plan using FSNav but i cant work out how to export the plan so it will work with my PMDG FMC I can see the export option but can't work out how to convert it to a .rte file. Can anyone help??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
crosscheck9

737NG Autoflight Concern

Hello all, I've been trying to master the 737NG for a while now, however I have one question which I'm trying to resolve. After I depart, the FMC is programmed to reach certain altitudes when crossing certain waypoints, however, sometimes, I rea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
SteveT

Checklist for FS2004 A330-200?

Hello everyone, Does anyone know where I can find a checklist for an A330-200 for FS2004? I have found one for the A330-300 but will this work well with the -200?? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
pilotwannabe

Scenery sliders higher

I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to my PC to enable me to move my scenery sliders up a bit higher, at the moment they've all got be at minimum to stop the ground from 'flashing'. I had no problem with FS2002 on this PC. Also I can hav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
wlkin

Adventures

Thought I posted this last night. I will put all flights under this posting. Another flight complete. Had to go back and refly a long one from yesterday. For some reason, it did not get logged in. Last leg was 700 some miles, so fuel had me concern, p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
brownbox

fullscreen mode problem

my computer runs fine on window mode but starts to go "jerky" when i put it on fullscreen mode. is this a problem with my computers speed?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
SKJUMBO

Important!

First of all i want to you to forgive me for my english/ My question is: In many photos that i saw from the flight simulator i have seen that the original airlines (for axample: global frightways) has been replaced by airlines that are really excist (...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Doyley

Flying an Airbus

Morning all, Here is a cockpit view of the beautiful Airbus A340-600 by Commercial Level Solutions You will notice that parts of the panel do not fit on the screen. How can I change it so I can see this? Also, does anybody know how to fly this t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
SMOKKIN

Saitek profile not being seen...

Hey All ! Anyone know how to get FS 2004 to see my x-52 profile? Where do I copy and past the DAT file I dont see a sub folder for controlers. I can only program a few items into the stick and would prefer to use the profile or be able to chan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
SkyKing

Which Joystick to use?

If one decides to use a joystick.....which one works best with FS 2004? 🙄 sk...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Pro-Sim

UK Only - Clearance of my FS2004 add-on collection

UK ONLY - FS2004 Clearance ! (PayPal only) FS2004 add-ons available from: (If you wish to buy an add-on, send an email stating which one you would like, if I still have it, I'll then invite you to pay using PayPal to the above email address. B...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
greg5

Does freezing temps stops engines?

I was flying around Resolute bay close to the arctic and was going farther up north I have real world weather on and in real life they said its been very cold up there like -45C. So could this wreck the engine?. Im flying in a DC 3 and its a old plane. Ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on

Logitech Wingman Force Feedback Any Good?

is the Logitech Wingman Force 3D any good...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on

adons

what are the best free adons for fs2004...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
k_camacho11

IFR or VFR?

I usually fly in FS2004 using IFR most of the time. It is easier when the tower tells u what runway to land on, the headings, and tells u which altitude to climb or descend to. The reason I don't use VFR is because you pretty much have to guess when to st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
klever1chris

flight simulator #4 disc is damaged can sombody help?

I wondered if somebody out there can tell me how can i go about replacing # 4 cd flight 2004 or do I have to purchase a whole new game?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Odyssey2

Could anybody recommend FS Passengers?

I've heard a lot about this addon and want to get it to make the game more realistic. Does it cost a lot? Could anybody recommend it? How do I get it? Tnx in advance. 🙂 Od...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
Gupta

Landing 737's

I am great at flying the 737 now and great at the approach landing but i always seem to land on the runway a bit hard...for instance with FS passenger, the co-pilot says 'hard landing captain hope we have a solid landing gear' or something like that, for ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gupta on
nottobe

Why there's no holding pattern feature in FS?

UT has no holding patter. All traffic addons let you land ASAP. I don't want to be treated like flying Airforce One.........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chinabaz on
TSK

Runway selection

Hey Guys, Lets say I am flying a plane with FMC, like PMDG 747. I don't use the ATC in the game because it's does not let me follow the path that I select in FMC, I just pretend like I am flying VOR or get in the air and then cancel IFR if the weather ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Ryan F.

Boring Job

If you were a pilot 30 years ago, your job was much harder than it is as a pilot now. I talked to a pilot i know.. he's an MD-80 captain for American and also a Lt. Colonel in the Air National Guard (he flies C-5s)... and he said something interesting....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Sphagnum1

Starting Plane at Gates, not on runway

Probably a simple problem, but I can't find out how to start my aircraft at the gates rather than starting on a runway, active or otherwise. How do I create a flight that starts my plane at a gate so taht I must get a pushback and taxi to a runway? Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ryan F. on
hinch

oh dear abacus!

http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s615.htm :surrender:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
Page 49 of 111