Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Doyley

Radar Contact

Hi all, Im just thinking about ordering this... couple of q's though. Do you think its worth the money? Can you hand over to co-pilot in the none default aircraft such as a CLS aircraft or if you have a none default panel? Cheers 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on

Saitek Evo with force feedback or without?

witch is better saitek Cyborg Evo or saitek Cyborg Evo force and do i need forcefeedback to get the most out of fs2004...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on

jepessen charts etc

Is there anyway to access jepessen charts and VOR charts during flight? The charts are there during lessons but then i cant find them when on free flight. Any help? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
KenTel

A Saga with Windows XP 64-bit, and fs2004.

OK Liono if you've found this, have today found and installed Creatives Latest Audigy Sound Card driver for Win XP64. I'm very glad to report, I now have sound. I am now going to install nVidias Graphics driver for XP64, which I also found and download...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
kianok

PMDG 737 NG

Anyone who (like me) who finds the PMDG manual a little overwhelming may find this makes a little more sense to help you get started. ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=34250...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
brownbox

SO CLOSE!

Flight OB636 flight report log Date 20 March 2006 Flight ID: OB636 Pilot: Kuljeet Company: GT Air Aircraft: Beech King Air 350 paint1 Flight Date: 20 March 2006 Departure: 17h02 (05h03 GMT) Arrival: 17h35 (05h35 GMT) Fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Guest Ed

Mirages in FS?

I've been flying a tour through eastern Europe and the Middle East for the past few weeks, with no particular plan other than to visit places I haven't been before. I haven't had much time to fly, so it's been slow going. This afternoon I left Bina (U...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chinabaz on
Odyssey

Pitot heat and Anti-Ice

When and what for should you use pitot heat and anti-ice. I've heard something about ice being on your wind screen but I've never had that. 🙂 Od...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
EduardoP

Maps and VOR

Hello, I used to play an old Apple II flight simulator (SubLogic Flight Simulator) which came with a manual with some maps on it. These maps were very useful. They had the major airports, VOR stations, NDBs, etc. There was one for the northeastern U...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
EduardoP on
brownbox

how do i get passengers?

is there any way to add pilots and passengers to planes on fs2004 so i can see them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fourby on
Solotwo

So, anyway to make ATC call you as a Airline?

Well, now that I'm actually flying planes that represent actual airlines how can I make ATC call me by the Airline and then my call number instead of US500 etc etc....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
Odyssey

ATC question

Flying in to Gran Caneria yesterday and when I saw the airport I decided I was too high for a safe landing at the right speed so I declared missed approach to controller and it gave me two options. DECLARE MISSED and DECLARE MISSED- PUBLISHED. What does p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
brownbox

Real world weather freeware

hi there, i noticed that the default weather for fs2004 is junk. so i was wandering is there any other weather programmes that are able to update real weather but better quality? FREEWARE ONLY (im poor :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on

Bespoke simulation

Hi, Is there any way to start a simulation in mid-flight, at a specified height, heading and speed? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Sphagnum1

My First 100% FSPassenger rating!

I've gotten hooked on this FS Passenger deal, and tonight I did my first real 100% flight. Well, 2nd technically, but the first one was so easy it was almost a gimme! I flew from KSFO to KDFW in Dallas, TX. I took off at dusk, meaning I would obviously...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pitt on
Ryan F.

..virtual cabin?

Hey everyone.. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good freeware download to enable me to "walk" around the virtual cabin in my aircrafts. I am currently using something called F1 Views, which I found through a post here at FlyAway, but it does nothing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ryan F. on
Odyssey

Long Haul Abort

Tried my first med-long haul flight today (Gatwick to Faro) and put instrument failures random just to give me a bit of excitment along the way. Somewhere across France however, the right engine on my learjet cut-out and wouldn't start. I had to abort the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Sphanum1

Funky Guages

I'm cruising at FL255 on my way from KSFO to KJFK in my A320 at 300 on my airspeed indicator. All of a sudden it drops down to 250 and then way down to 150. My authothrottle reves to full power, obviously, to compensate and then my guages correct and I'm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

fs passengers

what is the diffrence between the trial and full version...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Sphagnum1

I hope I make it...

Flying from NYC to Dallas-FortWorth in my A320 (2 1/2 hours out still), by my calculations I have just enough fuel, with reserves, to make it... but if they ask me to fly around and approach from the south (which I'm sure they will at KDFW), it's going to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
Mc_GaNgStA

How to get perfect on the line landing.

I've been playing FS2004 since quite long now and i still cudn't figure these out. How do i get a perfect landing, i.e. one the centre line, coz everytime i use the "spot" view but in real life pilots don't. is there a way via GPS or navigation systems? a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
pilotwannabe

AN-2

I know most of us usually use western jets but I happened to stumble across this today and thought some of you may be interested ➡ http://www.icarusgold.com/An-2.htm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
chrissie

AI Traffic or Traffic 2005

Hey all, Does anyone know where I can download any type of Traffic add on for FS9???? I am tired of the defult traffic fs9 has (Orbit, American Pacific, World Travel, ETC). Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Jared

Payware GA planes

Well as some of you memebers here know I absoultly love GA planes. Well the main idea of this post is to create a list of general aviation airplanes that are payware for FS9. Mine that I know of so far are... Flight 1's Cessna 172 and 152, Commander 11...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on

Sound files - Rotax 912 engine

I am trying to obtain a set of sound files for the Rotax 912 engine - can anybody help please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
brownbox

fspassengers question

i got fspassengers and have a fleet of 4 planes(737, 777, a340, beeck king air) and have settings set to receive income from my other planes. but this isnt happening and my planes are just sitting there with 0 hours on them. how do i fix this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
FlyinOBrien

CH flight yoke mixture

well ive had this yoke for about a year now, been using my saitek cyborg 3-D gold control stick and i wanted to start using the yoke, but i can't get my mixture lever to work! ive tried all the assignments in FS 2004 to so does anyone know the answer?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Solotwo

Any Radar Contact users?

Looking into picking it up, only thing thats keeping me off is I can only get it on CD-ROM and I hate waiting. ;) If you have it how it is it, and are there any other ATC programs that are available?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mithheru on
SteveT

The PSS Airbus Pro Base Package

Hi, I am looking to buy a professional package - either the 737 or A319/A320/A321. Can I use TTT's Project Wing View on these Aircarft??? Can anyone try it? Will I be able to use any wing views on it so that I am behind the wing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
simon123

when was the last time for you?

Being on an airliner that is. For me was back in 1996 I went to Birmingham to Paris on a B 737. And from there on to a B 747 air France. All the way to India. Well the fist time I went on a plane it was for me as if I hade been flying all my life. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
Sico2

An unusual max. speed of an A320-233

Hell folks! I've just heard an very unusual thing about a pax airplane. My brother just came back from Poland and he was flying with a Wizz Air A320-233 from KTW to LPL. One funny thing, the captain announced at one time, that they are pretty much late, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sico2 on
brownbox

No throttle on sidewinder

im using sidewinder 3dpro with usb adapter running win xp. everything works fine except for the throttle. anyone got a magical fix for this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Ryan F.

Airport name??

Every since I got FS2004, I see "November 17" under the airport names list (I believe it's in Africa somewhere). The first time I saw this I could not believe it. It's just such an incredible coincidence that this is also happens to be my birthday, lol. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Jared

2 Questions About Eaglesoft

#1. can someone give me a link on their website to the Dornier 328 that they have in production 2. Well this really isn't a question but they released the Liberty XL2 and it looks pretty good. Since im such a GA fanatic and this is a 2 seater touring p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
simon123

My first FULL REPORT

Well I think is right we don,t post all are reports on this forum. But this is my first full report so I think I’m getting better!? I’ll leave that to you to decide! ...................................................................................

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Odyssey

Best Flights???

Does anybody have a favourite flight plan? Preferably short distance IFRs. Tnx in advance. p.s. I use fs2004 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartholomew on
simon123

just got this for fs9

EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON (PC CD ROM for sf9 not come yet but i don,t think i,ll have the RAM for it anyway, not with my fs9 as well. but we will see. i always wanted an addon like this now i have one, lets hope it all works ok ❗...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sico2 on
rickypig112

a330

hi guys i have downloaded the qantas airbus a330 from avsim, i was going to get you the link but the internet site will not work. but i have tried to put it into the aircraft folder of my FS9 and it is registering as its thre but when i go onto the game ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sico2 on
ceetee

[ Poll ] Do you fly choppers?

Another quick poll. I'm wondering what % of you can fly helicopters. I have always flown airplanes on flight sim- nothing else (apart from a hovercraft once) I indeed once attempted to learn to fly a helicopter with the default fs2004 instructor ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
simon123

just a silly one.

Right can someone tell me what the correct speed and ATT is to land a 737. Full fuel and passengers. Its just that I always make a hard landing And if im on fs passenger it always says passengers don’t know if they had crashed or landed hard....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Odyssey

Trouble saving

In order to practice my landings in the 737, I saved my flight on final. I landed and reset the flight and it went back to where I saved. When I closed FS and later reopened it though, it just loaded up from the location airport. What went wrong? I want t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
MaxMax

FS2004 disk 4

Hi, I have to reinstall FS 2004 but my disk 4 is gone! Does anyone know the content of disk 4 and can I install FS without disk 4 but with the crack? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
brownbox

emergency slide?

is there any emergency slide on fs2004? just wandering...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
brownbox

fspassengers problem

i downloaded fspassengers, payed for it, entered my name and code and at about 10 min in the flight it says bad authorisation. please buy fspassengers...something along these lines 😕 what do i do about it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
NoWorries

Pretty Places to Fly

Two places you probably never thought to fly, Mount St. Helens and Crater Lake, both in the American Northwest. For Mount St. Helens, start at Cougar, WA (WN10) and fly North (10* or so) and you'll hit the Mountain. A seaplane will allow you to have l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
Bartholomew

Is it me or the trim?

I have a bit of a problem about trimming the default Beech Baron 58. I don't pretty much touch the trim after start or even before takeoff so let's say it's on zero all the time. As soon as I takeoff and raise the gear I start trimming tail up or other...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartholomew on
HowardsRock

callsigns

Why is AirTran's callsign "Citrus" and not "AirTran?" Why is British Airways' callsign "SpeedBird?"...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
brownbox

airport taxiing

just wandering about this, when i start some of the flights i start up with my plane facing the terminal next to a gate. how do i back out and go to the taxiways?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
vickysokhi

Multiple Stop

Hi Guys I am woundering to go for world tour on my 747 I am just woundering how can i plan my journy to stop at different airports to haul my journy and than fly off again. Can u pls tell me how should I plan the whole trip. Wating for your replys ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
Doyley

Windsheer

I have just flew from KJFK to KACY using real world weather. On the glidescope I had winds at about 32kts on my 5 oclock. Alarms started going off saying "Wind Sheer". ive never heard this one before. Is it part of fspassengers or will it be part of m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Page 50 of 111