Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

transatlantic flight

im currently doing a transatlantic flight in a concorde, ifr to kjfk airport. ive read numerous times that people say they leave it to fly but im wondering how as every couple of seconds the atc are calling me to turn so how do i leave it without cancelli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
chlorinekid

FS Passengers Save Game?

Is it possible to save the FS Passenger status along with the flight? Or do I have to fly the whole flight in one sitting? I've saved flights in the past but it always cancels the FSP scenario when I exit... 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
amermel on
SteveT

How to use Microphone to speak to VATSIM ATC

Hi, How do I use my mic to speak to ATC using VATSIM. I can't remember 😂 Thanks 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
djdeevw

troubleshooting select a flight PLEASE HELP!

ok i just purchased microsoft flight simulator 2004 and everytime I choose select a flight and scroll down to a selected flight for example...Modern: Cargo Pilot (Hard) and select Tokyo to Hong Kong my system crashes, without even trying to load the map. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
pilotwannabe

Missing file??

I keep getting this message upon starting up FS... SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory not found (scenery\AB_airbus\SCENERY) in scenery AREA.042 not found Any ideas how I can stop this message coming up?? Thanks 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Nikolais

Speed up my flight?

Hey 😀 Can I speed up my flight, to ex. 4x, 8x, and 16x? And if, how? Thanks a lot in advance! nikolais 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Eric33

jeppesen simcharts

hi i search 2 other regions keys for simcharts v3.0 i have buy i 3 region simcharts i have a regions key in exchange...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Nikolais

Best Boeing 737 panel, and wing view

Hey 😀 What is, after your opinion, the best Boeing 737 panel, and wing views? Thanks a lot in advance! nikolais 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
nottobe

how do I find out the enroute weather?

I can find the destination airport weather, but what about the enroute weather for a crosscountry, especially VFR?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hinch

right then: the freeware awards

ja, i want to make some top 5 freeware lists for my site, so if you guys couldpost your nominees i can take a look and judge them. i just feel this is something lacking and many people would them beneficial. catorgories then: - best passenger plane...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on

FS9 Keeps restarting

just lately my flight simulator has been restarting just as im about to take off my whole computer restarts! its really annoying. does anybody know what the problem is or has anybody experianced this before?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
kianok

FSNavigator FMC Decent Problem

I can create a flight plan and enter it into the FMC (PMDG 737 900) but i seem to have a problem with the decent. The flight all goes to plan, cruising at an altitude of 35000ft but i have a real problem meeting the speed and decent contstraints which...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
eob

FS2004 Crash to desktop on map open

Hello all, I recently changed my graphics card for a Geforce4 TI4600. Since then when I open the map screen, FS hangs for about 60 seconds then crashes to desktop. Could this be a driver issue? The map worked fine with my last card which was a ATI read...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Excelsis

Approach plates

Can anyone recommend a good source for airport approach plates. Preferably for free and European? Are the Jeppesen plates on CD-ROM or DVD worth paying for, if I can't get them for free? Any tips gratefully received. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
chrissie

MRAI (Most Realistic Air Traffic) Installing

Hey everyone, Can everyone please tell me if they have MRAI installed or have an website where I can get it? Reason I am asking is because I've found and downloaded AirTran AI Traffic, and found other airlines but the rest I needed MRAI and the person ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Doyley

My First Video

Hi all, Ive been holding out on doing a video for a while now as im using a laptop at the minute so its not the best performance but I thought what the hell and have done one anyway. It is the wing view of the beautiful a340 from CLS. The route was...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
davidmac1

rudder and aileron question

is there any way to return the rudder and aileron trims to their original position?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
amermel on
tanga63

lessons spanish/english

I have a spanish fs2004 because I live in Spain but I would like to follow the lessons in english. Does anybody know how and if I can change the language or if I can download the files somewhere....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tanga63 on
Stretch3102

Wrong Panel

Sorry folks, but here is another newbie question: I just downloaded the Delta Lockheed 1011 for FS2004. It runs, but the panel settings must be wrong as the panel that appears is for a 2 engine jet (the Boeing 737?). How do I get the L-1011 panel to (a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Stretch3102 on
rickypig112

sound problems

hi all i posted a query about getting sound onto fs9 yesterday and someone gave me a link. unfortunately this link didnt help me but i also realised i am not getting much sound out of the game, when taking off i can hardly hear the engines, there is no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
rickypig112

fsp

hi all can someone tell me a good and safe place to purchase fspassengers. am i right in saying its a download purchase so it can be put straight onto the game? much appreciated for your help! 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
mrtazzy

Flying lessons

So I decided to start the flying lessons again. Breezed through the first set and passed Solo Flight. 😀 So I tried the Private Pilot test: not so easy. :cry: Stupid little plane bounces around like a sheet of paper in a hurricane. I feel like...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
pilotwannabe

Fatal error...

Oh no!!! after having this problem... https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/14711/big-problems/ I've reinstalled the package, but its made things worse!! When on the loading screen just before my flight, a message documenting a fatal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Nikolais

Plane with wing views.. - KEEP THEM COMMING :D

Hey 😀 Can someone please tell me if I can download a plane where the wings views are loaded on to, because I can´t figure out how to install them myself 😂 Thanks in advance! nikolai 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Airport closest to Messina in Italy?

Hi, Any ideas? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
pilotwannabe

Random Weather

Hey guys, Is there any sort of 'random weather' option in FS. What I would like for example is to take of from Manchester in rain and as I fly to my destination for the weather to change periodically. Thanks 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
pilotwannabe

PMDG MD-11

The latest cockpit shot of PMDG's yet to be released MD-11... ➡ So, what do you think?? 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
RadarMan

**TTT Reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TTT has written a very comprehensive review of a terrific add-on aircraft. If you are looking for a professionals outlook about this add-on read this link. Congratulations to you TTT and lets see you do more! https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/1664/ ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
By in Seattle

Around the World

😀 Started out Dec. 16, 2004 and finnished today Apr. 28, 2006. Explored all the continents,but stayed out of China & Russia. Maybe next time! Left Paine Fld. in a 777 and landed at Boeing fld. today in a 727 Fed Ex. plane. Gee what to do next ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
kianok

Auto Throttle problem

I have a problem with the A/T in my PMDG 737ng I have my flight set up in the FMC but when i flick the A/T switch i get a warning light that says A/T P/RST Really stuck with this..... anyone got any ideas??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
TimTim

Help me choose a Joystick??

Hi everyone I am fairly new to flight simulator, and I'm thinking of getting a better joystick than I have now, which isn't designed for flight simulator This is the one that I have now https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/14688/h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
Cpl.McGowan

FS2004 INSTALLATION ERROR - PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Hi guys. I hope you can help me with the following problem. When I go to install flight simulator 2004 I recieve an error message when the installation reaches 15% and is trying to copy the rotor startup file for the robinson r22. It tells me that I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cpl.McGowan on
johnm

engine fire

Can somebody please tell me how you make your engine go on fire? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Nikolais

Landing at Mykonos?

Hey 😀 I saw so many people landing at a little island in Greece called Mykonos, and I wondered if the is a speciel way to get the plane on the Mykonos runway heading. Like turning x degrees when taking off from Athens, or something? Than...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
davidmac1

gliders

i would like to fly some gliders but im not sure what to do to get in the air and stay in the air etc. Can anyone give me any help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
davidmac1

fs passengers sounds

Has anyone realised that when the hostess brings you coffee in fs passengers the opining of the cockpit door sounds a lot like when you loose your flaps or landing gear?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
pilotwannabe

Cabin Views

Hi, I'm having a few issues getting cabin views in 737 Pilot in Command. I have F1 View installed and can roam around the virtual cockpit but for some reason there is no cabin?? What am I missing?? Thanks in advance 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Sphagnum1

How often do you have aircraft failures?, For FSPassenger...

I've set up a new FSPassengers company with a fixed 5% failure setting. I'm right now flying my 58th flight in a Piper Cherokee Six. Somewhere around the 15th flight I did, I had a failure where my landing gear wouldn't retract (much better than the rever...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
JarJarBinks

fsp

on a scale of 1-10 how easy is installing Fsp? on a scale of 1-10 how do you like Fsp? is it worth $40 dollars? will i regret buying it? how will it benifit me? how much space will take on my computer? plz answer these questions so I can get a goo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
freedspeak

Why do most prefer the "heavy metal"?

It seems that most of you prefer to fly the big airliners. Not only that, most prefer to use autopilot. And on top of that, auto rudder, auto brakes, auto etc. would seem to take the fun out of flying. Why not just fly an LMD (large mahogany desk). And...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotguy44 on
ceetee

Carenado’s Cessna 206 Problems...

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/12682/carenados-cessna-206-problems_370c6cc107e1e2bb2bb182c2a10cd266.jpg I have just purchased Carenado’s Cessna 206 Staionair full-pack, and as wonderfull as it is, I just have a few concerns an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
ceetee

NAV/GPS doing funny things...

Recently, while flying my aircraft, they all seem to be turning to the right all the time. It's not the rudder, wind/weather or gyro drift, and it is fine when I set the heading bug on autopilot. I thought I had fixed it, but I have not, it is still...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on

Glider flight question

Hello, I am considering buying a flight simulator for a friend of mine who used to fly gliders many years ago. He is retiring soon and is considering taking it up again and I thought this may be a good gift for him. The question is which one should ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
UMP-man

Noob at work.. sound.cfg related?????

hi guys well earlier i installed the qantas 747-400 i got the aircraft working all ok. but i have no engine sound.. there wasnt any instructions in the zip file so i just took all the new files and replaced the old ones. what can i do to get my eng...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ceetee

NZFF now officially open!

NZFF, New Zealand Flightsim Forums are now officially open! I built these forums myself, and the general theme of the forums is flight simulation in New Zealand, which I think a few memebers of this website might be interested in. I am not trying to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Javiair

Corrupt files at start up

Hello. Ok, I cant seem to get this to work. The splash screen loads, but then I see a message saying (The requested is corrupt or cant be found " " ) it gives NO file name. Just " " for the file. Ive done every solution on the sites and then some. Uni...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
javiair on
pilotwannabe

ERJ145 Pilot in Command

Hi guys, I've just bought this off ebay for £10 and so was wondering if anyone had it too so they could tell me if its any good or not. Had a look at the screenies on Wilco's website and it looks pretty detailed. 😀 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
JVD

Here's the software that was used to make the Bril FS vid.

It's looks like it will cost a pretty penny but hey you've seen what it can do and I know this is what I'll be ordering next....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mc_GaNgStA

Got my new joystick Logitech Extreme 3D Pro but...

Recently I have got my new joystick and have been practicing with it for quite a while, but I have a little problem. My landings turn out to be terrible!! Because of the yaw, when ever I try to get straight on the centre line, i tend to twist the yaw caus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
Faucett's Best

megascenery?

I purchased Megascenery - Pacific Northwest a while back, but have since had a new hard drive and gfx card installed. I wasn't too impressed the first time around, but I'm sure it will look better now. It was such a huge add-on, however, that I am hesit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett's Best on
Page 45 of 111