Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

hammerdag

Taxi Light Question

Last night while flying home I had the window wing view for my seat--my favorite. My question is that as I looked out in aw at all the planes--including what I believe to be the new boeing 787--I noticed that everyone taxied without their taxi lights on??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
jack6

new desktop? which one?

hey out there,i'm new to this flight sim scene and are about to upgrade my old laptop for a new desktop computer.anyone suggest what the best way to go is for running flight sim/add-ons/extra planes and whatever else is needed.is there a minimum amount of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
7ECA-Captain

Mouse Point and Click...

Just loaded FS2004 Century of Flight and am trying to get it set up and run smoothly. Hope I can explain the problem correctly... I have noticed that in the flight mode when I select ATC I can not access the drop downs such as clearances and replies with ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
waj2306

PMDG problem!

I ordered the PMDG 1900D today. Having downloaded many add-ons, I watched all ordering screen intently. After I registered, ordered and completed the payment screen, I recieved NO download or direction to download. Now, before you say to contact PMDG, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Westernstyle

Weather Error!

When i click user defined weather, Fs closes without warning. Im mad now, since it's been going on for a long time :x :evil:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dbphiladlephia on
easyrider003

Getting addons to work?

I have been looking through the helicopters and tried to download some of them. When I click on the one that I want, it pops up a menu that says run or save. I have tried to click "run" and nothing has happened. I tried it again and this time I clicked on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dbphiladlephia on
francois1

Carrierop 1146

Hello everyone Has anyone downloaded and installed and used the Carrierop.zip file please? If so, How so? I find it quite confusing. regards francois :cry: :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
francois1 on
Simmy

Fuel units

In my FS 2004 the fuel is diplayed in gallons and pounds but in FSX it is metric. Is there a way to change FSX to gallons and pounds instead of litres and kilogrammes? Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
beroun

Settings Stay the Same after Reinstall

Hi. I needed to reinstall FS 2004. So have uninstalled properly and also deleted FS9 files from the Program Files. BUT after I installed the FS 2004 again all the settings - scenary, traffic, weather e.t.c. remainded the same as before I uninstalled? Any...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Greg1138

FS2004 Add-ons for Vista 64-Bit

Hi - I am planning a trip around the world in several stages - got loads of scenery but am having trouble finding add-on aircraft that is compatible with 64-Bit Vista and FS2004. Anyone got a similar situation and had some luck finding some? Payware p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greg1138 on
beroun

AI Traffic download

Hi, Anyone knows where I can get the AI traffic download. I used to have it on my previous laptop, basically air traffic in any world region showed local airlines at airports and also ATC called the real airlines. For example flying in DFW I could see/he...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
beroun

Real weather no updates

Hi, Does anyone have problems with real weather. Looks like the weather is frozen in some past time and is not updating. It always used to resemble quite accurately the conditions and today it does not. Clicking the static weather still downloads and ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
RichT

Screen flickering

Having run FS9 for a couple of years now without any major faults, I recently did a major update with upgraded airports etc. All appeared fine for a while, but recently I have started to get flickering lines (like a bad video recording) across the scre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RichT

Scenery problems

I have noticed on a lot of coastlines and rivers that I am getting lines (best described as looking like sand banks) where scenery either has been or should be. It's kind of like looking at the coastline with a sandbank outline, then filled with sea behin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
SK8Z27

FS9 several problems.....

I installed FS9 on my new Vista laptop along with a couple aircraft(pmdg 737 600/700, and erj145 pic). i'm having several problems. first, i can't get the game to start with the pmdg or erj145. i have to start with the cessna default and then change a/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
walesdragon

Sudden + extreme drop in frame rates

I'm about to take off, And I lift off the runway and a couple of seconds later BAM! My frame rates drop from about 30 FPS to 5FPS. I wait about 40- 60 seconds then it returns to about 30, then a couple of seconds later it happens again. I recently tried W...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
nevatt48

Parking Brake

hi , when i load up a flight in fs9 and my plane is at the gate or is parking my plane moves forward slowly , the parking brake is set and my throttle is off and even when i turn the engines off the plane creeps forward , for example if i leave my plane ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nevatt48 on
SamIntel

FS9 No-CD crack

I was going to download the FS9.1 no CD crack from our file library, but I read the reviews and somone said that it didn't work with the update. 😞 Is this true? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
acepilot32

problem with joystick or the simulator

ok so last night i installed the iFly 747 and went too bed then i woke this morning to play and the rudders (or whatever you wanna call that fin thing) kept going to the right so i tried another plane and same thing tried a vehicle and it still didnt work...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jewkid80 on
SK8Z27

cheap laptop to play fs9

i'm just looking to get a laptop in the $500-$600 range. there are a lot of laptops, but don't know what to look for. i'm not using it as my main computer, so spending more is not an option. anybody have experience playing fs9 on a less expensive lapto...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SK8Z27 on
jonnyboy21

Newbie playing FS2004 - help needed please

Hi I picked up FS2004 and proceeded to do the first lessons etc - they went pretty well except I got annoyed when in a couple Rod ended the lesson cos I "appeared distracted?!", especially in the solo flight it was annoying because i was about to land....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jonnyboy21 on
Col7777

UKMIL Question

I stumbled on a couple of links for a site called UKMIL, but trying to access the site is another matter, all the links to it seem to be dead, has it gone down or is it a server problem, anybody know?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
vicmic83

FS9 Loading Problems

Just completed a fresh install of FS2004. Using the NO CD Crack, or running from Disk 4 does not change problem. PROBLEM: FS9 Loads Scenery/Texture/Seasons 3 times at startup. In addition if I start at an Airport where the Real Time is Dark, when I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
vicmic83 on
letmepass

FMC PROGRAMMING PROBLEM!

Hi everyone! Recently i have downloaded PMDG 747-800, wached videos in youtube and so on..but now i want to train in my country, making flyghts from EYVI (Vilnius) to EYKA (Kaunas) (here are charts http://www.lt-vacc.org/Charts.htm ), and here is the prob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
RichT

FSQuality website

Does anyone know when the FSQ website will be live again? I am desperately trying to find an answer as to why when I run a flight with one of their products (All Roads of Europe), my memory is being drained becuase FS9 is constantly looking for hundred...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
CallumH239

Anyone know where to get a good freeware Lancaster Bomber?

Also me and another enthusiast are going to do a flight. With a lancaster, Spitfire and a hurricain anyone eles intrested? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CallumH239 on
RichT

Heathrow (EGLL) constant crash

Hi all It's been a long time since I last posted anything - many months of happy flying!! I have found however a constant annoyance. Everytime without fail I come into land at London Heathrow, FS2004 always crashes, coming up with a notice saying so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
Westernstyle

[ Poll ] What should Project Opensky Release next?

A poll. If you think it should be different, just say so....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
GL1517

AN-224

Where can I find an AN-224, or any Antonov transports??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
eyton402

AVSIM ACCESS

Many aircraft I try to download are in AVSIM but I cannot access the site. I log in correctly and neither left click or right click (save as Target) works. Is there something I am missing? (Apart from my marbles that is)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
CallumH239

Auto landings

Can you perform auto landings? If so how? I love doing hand landings but sometimes auto landings would be easy....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
CallumH239

How to Install aircraft carriers. And where to find them?

Yep its in the name. Please give me step by step instructions...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
stinkyharris

Can you save flights mid flight??

Can someone tell me if there is a way of saving my flights mid-flight?? I like doing the longer flights. I want to be able to reload flights from where I left off. I may be being a complete muppet here if there is a way of saving....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
effieveda

AI helicopter

I recently down-loaded the “elvis_sikorsky_s-76” AI helicopter from Avsim, along with a few repaints. I used Ttools to implement a simple flight plan where the helo (in Donald Trump livery) would successfully execute an out and back flight, about fift...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Westernstyle

Own Repaint

What programs shall i need to design repaints, such as what Honula uses?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
honuala on
earthdog

World "tour"

Hi! I want to start going around world but not as a world tour... I want to make it as a puzzle... Flying various flights until they are all connected around the world. My issue is that i dont want to manually manage all this so i thought to c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthdog on
jake12

does anyone know the coordinates of the mayan pyramids?

😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jake12 on
earthdog

Rivatuner + FS2004

Hi guys! My laptop and home pc have nVidia cards. Until now i am using nHancer for tweaking for my cards. But i think i will switch to Rivatuner for it has better and more tweaks. Does anybody has a basic guide for FS2004-specific settings for ri...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthdog on
7ECA-Captain

Start Up...

Hi, I just got a copy of FS2004 century of flight... I have a basic question, each time I start the game from my desktop, it asks me to insert disc no. 4??? Is this normal? and do I need to do this each time I want to run FS2004? IT seems kinda dumb to ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
renesis

How to sort my AI Traffic .bgl files?

Is there any software/program that can help sort my ai traffic files? I have many and from differents sources (woai, MRAI.....). I want to be able to sort these .bgl files based on airline name and schedule season (e.g summer 2008 etc). Basically so th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
Fire_Emblem_Master

FsPassengers, an AWESOME addon

FsPassengers is AMAZING. It's got everything you need to start flying right off the bat! All menus are used during flight, and it's super easy to learn. Anyone, ANYONE, even Radarman, with his TailDraggers would love this! What you get during a flig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
excelsis

FS9 freezes in windowed mode

Hi When I press ALT+Enter for windowed mode after, I have started a flight in FS9, I can't get back to full screen mode. FS9 freezes up, I can't use the mouse (the cursor starts flickering) and I have to CTRL/Alt/Del to exit and start all over again. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
luigi_m_

I can't install FS9!

I recently deleted all of FS9 on my PC because I was having problems with my computer. However, I know can't re-install it! I insrt the first disk, it gets to about 20% then says : Setup failed to extract files from D:\MSGAME1.CAB. This is most likely ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
luigi_m_ on
W3CPR

Waikato carrier and aircraft placement

Hi... As we all know, when installing the Waikato aircraft carrier, the aircraft is on the elevator at the lower lever. When trying to place an aircraft on the flight deck by using the map and editing the altitude, heading, location etc, and with the al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
CallumH239

This is what comes up when i try to install

Ok so i uninstalled fs2004 cuz i had so many planes that didnt work and it wouldnt log my flight time http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh72/callumhurley13/Fsscreen.jpg Can some please help me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
honuala on
Westernstyle

Some aircraft?

I was wondering if there were any good Airbus A340-600 and A310's (I'd prefer Aeroflot for A310), cause im not paying right now for payware 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
DIMITRIOSCOOL

World Tour Update

About a week ago i posted a post to ask for world tour stops. Since then i have made significant progress, and here are the stops i had (dont really make sense, i know) Frankfurt Munich Stughart Paris Newcastle Rejavik St Johns (CYYT) (Canada) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Westernstyle

Comet

I was watching Seconds From Disaster, and i was watching "Crash of The Comet" I thought, Is there any DeHavidland Comet's out there?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
airwolfe

FSX and FS2004 on Vista 64 ?

I was thinking of adding FS2004 to my Vista 64 machine in order to use the PMDG 737-800. Right now I am using FSX and the only add on is the 737PIC which is nice, but doesn't look like it can hold a candle to the PMDG. I will add the PMDG NG? to FSX whene...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airwolfe on
eyton402

Engine Start

I have recently re installed FSOO4. Now, most aircraft I download have no engine power. I use Control E and the engines begin to fire and then shut down. Can anyone help? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
Page 9 of 111