Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

teamo

Dual core use

I remember reading a post about using the other core of a dual core amd for fs9. I did a search but I cannot find it. It gave instructions on how to split the workload in fs9 between the two cores and optimize performance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
boeing772

what should I set flaps to on landing?

what should I set the flaps to on landing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

ATR problem

After take-off on my ATR, I retract my flaps and suddenly the plane raises it´s nose, and I keep pushing the nose down key, and the nose just raises.. Can anyone tell why this is happening?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
boeing772

how do you stop a stall

does anybody know how to stop a stall?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
Lufthansa-pilot90

Landing Procedure

hey.. Can anyone give the exact landing procedure of the B737-500/700 and the Airbus A320-200?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
licht16

Settings / graphics issue

I just recently re-installed Flight Simulator 2004 on my laptop and I think I am having some kind of graphics card issue. The game looks like crap and so I went to adjust the settings. However, when I did went to adjust the sliders they wont move! http...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

around the world

currently i am flying around the world at around 320Mph about how long will it take. i am going from KPDX-KPDX(my hometown area) stopping every once in awhile to fuel up. btw i am at 16x speed i wish you could go higher in ap mode...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartfs on

scroll

hi guys, on FS9 my mouse scroll wheel wont move my wingview back or forward, it works when im on the internet etc. does anyone know if theres any way i can get it to work in fs9. thanks and happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
M15A

Airspace

Hi all, Just wondering....the sky is divided into 'classes' of airspace (e.g. class B, C, etc.). But...I also heard you have certain regulations on some places about the altitude you have to fly. For example you have to fly higher than 2000 feet on ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
M15A on
DF112

Piper Cub ground-looping

I'm still fairly new to FS2004 and flight simulation generally, so I hope this isn't a really gormless question! I do most of my flying in the JustFlight Tiger Moth, and even with the settings at the realistic end of the scale I seem to be getting on w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
tomthetank

Fraps help

How to use Fraps http://www.fraps.com The latest version is Fraps 2.7.4 in both payware and freeware versions,for Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and x64 Editions. Remember Video capture and editting requires a good spec CPU,plenty of Ram and a fairly decent...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
x pilot

FS9-ERROR

Hi guys I have just downloaded that announciator panel from Avsim. Istalled it, did what it said into my aircraft cfg file.. Then when i started Fs9 it popped up with a ERROR-FS9, aircraft or program in incompatiable, FSSound.dll file Anyway unin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
mossy

private jets for fs9

I enjoy flying the private jetty types of aircraft in fs9, and quickly grew bored of the default learjet. I went on a search for some freeware planes, but could find none that had both a good model and cockpits that weren't just aliased with the default c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JD16

reversing and turning

I can reverse an aircraft fine but cannot get it to turn. Using 1 or 2 will not turn the aircraft. any thoughts?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
pilotwannabe

Bomb Effect

Rare Flight Simulation's has just released an effect that allows bombs to be dropped from any plane or helicopter ❗ ❗ Download Here Thanks 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sander806 on
yyyodabish

cant get planed to line up

hi in fligt simulator 04 i cant get the ap to line me up with the runaway. i like to fly without a flight plan. i have stared playing flight simulator about start of this year and i still cant land at all. i just cant get the plane lined up. can some one ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
Rotor01

AVSIM AI Aircraft

I have downloaded a couple of AI Aircraft from their site, however not sure on how to install them? I have the World of Aviation (WOAI) installer already, but most files from AVSIM dont need/wont install through that program. jetstar_v1 is the name of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

I have downloaded a posky united 767 and a 767 panel from avsim and when i save the flight and tryed loading it again it wouldn't load and it says a error message and restarted fs2004 any1 know how to fix this? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
mcmxl

Is my system worth it?

From my system specs (in sig) how do yall think my system would run FSX? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Flying to EGKK. Why no ILS approach??

Just flown from Bangkok to Gawick and when I arrive I am gettting no ILS signal at all?? The only thing different about this is that FS could not calculate a "High Level Airways" so I had to opt for "Direct GPS"! Is this the reason?? I really can't thi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
fmpjb

FS9 and Vista problem?

Hello Everyone I seem to be having a strange problem with FS9 and Vista premium. whenever i run FS9 in the non-full screen mode it literally shuts down my system (my computer just turns off). when i run it in full screen mode, it does not shut dow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fmpjb on
lowensteinbs

Descending to Approach using FMC

Greetings one and all, After weeks of trying to figure out how to program the FMC and fly from point A to point B, I was able to program the FMC, take off and let the computer fly me where I wanted to be. It was quite exhilirating to see this happen. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
waj2306

Visual to ILS ATC Change?

I have finished a REDO on Key West, and added ILS/DME. When I am contacted by ATC for approach info, ATC refers to "Visual" throughout the approach and landing phase. I would like to change that to ILS/IFR from ATC. Is there a way to do this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Gilanshah

Aerospatiale Dolphin -- Sound problem

Works great, but cannot get sound to fire up. Any help? Please? Thank you! 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gilanshah on
Extricate-

Joystick w/o rudder control

Hi guys, I just got a joystick w/o rudder control and it is very hard to fly w/o rudder control, espcially when taxi-ing. I know that i can use NP 0 or Enter but it really gets difficult to control. When i press NP 0, the plane will go all the way left...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
flightsimmer22

737,747,777, united airline paint jobs?HELP

if ANYONE knows how or where to get a 737,747,777 and even a md-80 if possible. i want to start a virtual airline. Its is for fs2004 and i could really use some help. i have already looked at avsim.com and they only have a 747.thats all i saw. i wou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
comcastbuggs

I'm having problems with instaling FS2004 CarrierOps Full Pa

I am new to adding on to msfs. I have downloaded and extracted FS2004 CarrierOps Full Pack. I do not know where to put each file. If someone could help me I would appreciate it very much....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
dme43

anti-aliasing and how to turn it on my laptop

hi, ive got a sony viao VGN-N130G laptop, and was wondering how to turn on anti-aliasing. I've turned it on in fs, but it hasn't made a difference, therfore now allowing me to take good screenies. i got a 128mb graphics card and i have looked in the inte...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
gaurav

Can i play FS2004 Without having an audio card on my comp?

Hi.. i don't have an audio card installed on my PC.. will i be able to play FS2004?.. because i haven't yet purchased it.. but if i can play without the audio card.. i will surely purchase it.. pls reply asap.. thanx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gaurav on
cheezyflier

AI aircraft

do you ever chase them? fly with them? i have started to do this just messin around. i find it not too hard to fly with the ga stuff if i am flying something comparable. however, tonight i was trying to fly with a 737 while i was in a raptor. i found...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Air Badger

Wild VOR Hunting

Ok gentlemen, lets talk Turkey! Or at least let's talk VORs. Inspired by my recent adventure in navigation (chronicled elsewhere in these very pages) but equally frustrated by my inability to make sense out of the VOR needle, I decided to try a little ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air Badger on
CodyH

[ Poll ] PMDG MD11 and payware aircraft

Hey this is kind of an open ended question but i was wondering: I already own: PMDG 737NG LDS 767-300 CS B757-200 ESDG C750 Flight1 B727 Notes: 1) I was t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
graham05 on
DaFirmCEO

FS2004 Crash On Specific Flight Region

Guys I am having issues when I try to fly over the Olympic National Park in Washington.... I take off from KSEA (SeaTac) and set a direct GPS course for S18 (Forks) and about the time I cross over the Bangor area my screen goes black and FS2004 crashes...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
john parry

overspeed

Why does that annoying overspeed message with the alarm sound when the aircraft is no where near its top speed? Is there any way to disable that feature?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
bartez

Hoving problems with camera zoom!!

Just recently I dont know what Ive done but whenever I go into spot mode the camera zooms right up to the plane so I dont get a good view. Ive tried zooming out but it does no good it gives a real strange perspective. Does anyone know how to fix thi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
x pilot

ATC are not so clever!

hi guys, i got loads of AI traffic from a good link on one of the forums the other day! all is good, works fine, loads of traffic, looks good am happy apart from the retards in the tower that make you sit waiting to take off for ages or decide to make ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
SpiderWings

Another flight challenge by SpiderWings

As I'm flying about on my current project to recreate all the default historic flights in FS9, I'm always on the lookout for interesting spots that might pose a particular flight challenge. This is about just such a spot. Its close to where I proposed...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
mustangpilot

Rudder too sensative

I have a joystick with twist for rudder and have reduced the sensativity in the settings but it's still far far too sensative. Next to the sensativity slider theres another option called 'Null zone'. What is this and will it make the rudder less sensative...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
lowensteinbs

Programming the approach

Hi, Does anyone know how to program an approach into the FMC so that you get lined up to the runway when coming in to land? I am able to program the FMC from point A to point B, but I just end up flying over the airport and I do not come into the ru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lowensteinbs on
KU

can autopilot land the aircraft for you?

sorry just me being curious and in-educated in the subject of flight sims...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
Gorbee

Aircraft pulling to one side on the runway

I am having a problem with some aircraft, not only addons but the flight sim9 aircraft from time to time. Some times the planes vear right on the runway/I have callibrated the joy stick but I am unable to get some of the callibrations to go to there l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
P14u2nv on

hardware

Hello I am new to FS2004 and would like some ideas as to PC hardware that would be required.I currently have it installed on my Toshiba M70 with 1.7ghz centrino mobile and ATI mobility radeon X600 SE and 1gb of ddr 533mghz ram but when running 2004 it is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
P14u2nv on
DME43

Can anybody tell me how to get something working in PSS...

Can anybody tell me how to get the FMC and the digital display (which shows the bank angle etc.) to work when were about to go in the PSS Dash-8-300? I start off with engine off only, and then when I start up the engines the displays dont come off. I've...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DME43 on
jdh1094

Before we bring the curtain down on FS2004...

Before we start moving all of the add-ons out of FS2004 on this Web site, as some have already gone, it might be interesting to look at flyaway's poll entitled, "Have you ordered your copy..." So far, almost 46 percent have answered either "No" or "I'm fi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

How to download a MD-80 for fs 2004

Hey i need help with this md-80. i have downloaded it from avsim.com and it didn't give me directions. so i cold really use help FAST!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
KevinTsai

[ Poll ] Do you have addons on your flightsim?

Just wondering how many people use addons on their flightsim. What's the majority?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Air Badger

Badger Airways... The Safest Way To Fly... yep!

Morning Pilots! I’d just like to post a big thankyou to “ARD-DC” for his ongoing and comprehensive help in making this Badger a little more informed as he sits scratching his head in the cockpit of his Cessna. After a number of extremely helpf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air Badger on
dme43

How do we get our repainted a/c from FSpainter to show in FS

I know i have put this in the other forum as well, but i need my answer, please, fast cause the other forums a bit slow (dont mind if u delete the other one plz) this is the first section of my .CFG file (texture folder where ive saved the new livery is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dme43 on
flightsimbaby

boeing 757 on CD

Is there any place to obtain a CD version of a Boeing 757 jet for FS 2004? Downloading is just too difficult for me. Thank you ahead of time....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
luigi_m_

Home-made dual throttle quadrant

I'm looking to build a throttle quadrant for dual-prop planes, and have been looking around at sites that show how to make them. I have found a few which are pretty useful, but I'm really not that good with electrics or programming, so wondered if anyone ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 19 of 111