Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

plopezm

Flying at high altitudes (>FL350)

Can anyone tell me why it is virtually impossible to fly above FL350 in FS2002/2004? I know a real 747 can cruise at FL410, however, in the simulator engines lose thrust and the airplane stalls (any, not just the 747) as one tries to rise above FL350. Is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
spuddi

easter eggs

post your FS9 easter eggs here: I know of: 1 the loch ness monster (take off from inverness and head SW) 2 fireworks at midnight dec 31 2003 over any major city (change the clock back and enjoy) 3 the northern lights (aurora borealis) (up in the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on

Which Joystick is best?

Which one of these Joysticks is the best to get? I need to know fast, because I'm going to BestBuy soon to buy one. I can afford all of them. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat107700050031&type=category...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
abutz

adjusting the waiting period for ai aircraft to take off

Anybody know how to adjust the waiting period for ai craft to take off. If an ai aircraft has to wait more than five min. to take off it will just dissapear. I know the waiting period can be adjusted because I came across an article on how to do it awhile...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kieranja on
pilatflyr

Scenery.cfg and Terrain.cfgnot working

can anybody send me a new .cfg file for terrain and scenery? all o fmy stuff got screwed up and it doesn't work anymore. my email is fmxkid90@yahoo.com thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
n9xv

term "MIAS"

I know KIAS, KTAS, KCAS, MPH but what is MIAS? I encountered it on some older Piper Arrow checklist....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on
whazzah

Help on Radio

Hi every1, i want to know how to listen to the ATIS of the airport i will be landing. First, I load a flightplan. Then I have to setup my FMC for the Flightplan. I ask for taxi permission and then note down the runway i will be takin off from. My probl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on
rowcoach

Air Canada AI

I have a new respect for anyone of the groups that put together realistic flight plans for real world airlines. I spent the better part of the weekend putting together one for Air Canada. The hard part was finding all the repaints to so I could have the c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
adamdistefano11111

Odd cruise with Boeing 747-400

Hello, I love FS2004, ive been playing it alot recently, currently im doing a flight from Sydney to Frankfurt. At the moment im at 34000 and ive got it on auto pilot on, and the only way i can keep it level with the horizon is to have alot of flap.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on

Why does it do this?!?!?!!!!!

Sometimes when I land, the nose of the plane goes into the ground and the tail goes in the air, but it doesn't count as a crash. Why does it do this? Is it because I don't pull the nose up high anough when landing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ju-geebeens

FPS_PATCH_FS9

what does it do, and will it really excellerate fs9?????? patch – file will buy you an added 20% to 40% more graphics. Please do us both a favor and read this info in it’s entirety!!! NOTE* I enclosed all the code that’s original and what wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

FS04 crashes HELP ! ! !

Everytime before flying off, my whole computer restarts... loading finishes and you are in the cockpit nothing happens... until you touches something my computer restarts 😞 anyone knows the problem ? or where can I find the crash log so I can post...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
KevinTsai

Low Frame Rates?

Bad news guys, i have been getting low frame rates lately. I think it is mainly due to the 3 things. These are put in order from most probable cause to least probable cause: 1. Sound 2. AI Traffic set at 100% 3. Scenery settings set at maximum ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KevinTsai on
jeffclaw

work this one out

hey just installed flight simulator 2004 again yesterday after taking a long break and i've encountered a problem that ruins the whole experience. Last time I played FS9 I could run the game with decent framerates all the way through on high settings b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffclaw on
extricate576

phoenix simu software - airbus a330/a340

Hi, i would like to know how do i get this position in the PSS A330/A340 edition. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on

Whats so bad about Overspeed?

What's so bad about Overspeed? The only thing I noticed is that it makes an annoying buzzer sound. But what does it do to your plane?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
JarJarBinks

noob question?

well as some of yall know im not the best with technology and here is another problem ive mastered the ILS system but now i need to understand the approach system with the glidslope ive just be useing the ILS system until i can land manually but now i wan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
DME43

Transferring fuel in PMDG 737

anyone know how I can transfer the fuel usage from the wings to the centre tank on the PMDG 737, and quick please cause as this picture shows, im about to run dry!: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/29296/transferring-fuel-in-pmdg-73...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
ToneHammond

A few questions concerning the PMDG 737-800/900

Hi everyone, A while ago I purchased the PMDG 737-800/900 editions, and I have just got to grips with it and successfully completed the tutorial flight. I have looked through the forum archives before posting a new thread, and couldn't find a thre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
Nealoc187

Are all of these add ons compatible? ASV6.5, FE, GE Pro, UT

I'm looking to enhance my realism a bit. I've become addicted to simming because it provides flight opportunities that I can't experience in real life (I'm an instrument rated commercial pilot). Currently I've got FS2004 9.1 update F1 ATR-72 F1 PC-1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Nealoc187 on
The capt'

Real environment pro?

Hello, i am having some issues installing "Real environment professional", i download the package, extract and install, when i try to run the program it says "run time error 429, active x component can't create object", so far i have downloaded this pack...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest1 on
DME43

VERY URGENT PROBLEM WITH MY TOOLBAR IN FS!!!

Ok, ill try not to shout... thats how desperate i am! A while ago I done a flight and then suddenly the toolbar dissapeared for no reason what so ever. I thought it was a one off, but then it kept happening to my other flights etc. It has now got to th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest1 on

Ground is multicoloured!!

hello, I am having troubles with the graphics on my Combat flight simulator. Whenever i fly the ground is always multicoloured. Could anyone help me with my problem....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Sam Pears

How well will my comp run FS2004?

I have a 64MB Video Card, how much quality will I get with that? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Remyx on
boeing772

why cant you use real aircraft speeds on the fs aircrafts

I have been trying to use real aircraft speeds such as mach. 80 it gives me a sign of overspeed also can anybody tell me where to get an aircraft with clickable overhead buttons...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
DJNocturnal

Alphasim A.I. Traffic Question

i have purchased several alphasim air force bases and was wondering if its possible to modify the flight plans since all they do is circle the base...i have traffic tools but i don't know where to begin if its even possible......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
tojo

GUAM

😕 how come at guam when i use auto approach it takes me down to less than 75meters, well over 5,000 meters from the airport??????? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tojo on
Knikki

Exits

Hello FS'ers I have a very short and simply question which has been bugging me for a while. You have to open the exits of an aircraft by pressing SHIFT+ and then either leave it like that or press 2 for the cargo doors to open. The problem is I can ope...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on

Questions on the PMDG 747

This has to be the best aircraft there is. Ive been using it for a few weeks now and read the documentation, and am starting to get the hang of it. One thing im not sure about is, how do i know when im established on the localizer. With the flight pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kieranja on
JarJarBinks

patches

is it a bad thing that i havnt d/loaded any patches for FS9? ive had since it came out and just wondering if d/loading a patch is realy important thnx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fs9update on
blueskies84

first PC build?

Hi folks! I am looking to build a new computer for FS2004 w/ lots of payware/add-ons, looking to run max on every slider.... looking around on newegg, i came up with this set-up.... any suggestions? comments? Case: APEVIA X-PLEASURE-BK Black Aluminum ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
boeing772

where are the brakes

where are the brakes in an actual aircraft not the speed brake or the parking brake just the regular brakes like in during the taxi they stop and wait for other aircrafts so what do they press on if you can also attacha picture of where the brakes are it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brakes on
veshagoo

engines for L1011

hi...anyone know how i can get three engines for an L1011. the file i downloaded is a 737 instrument cluster with only 2 engines... i downloaded the adsl1011 from flyaway simulations...any help would be appreciated..rgds ken...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
apanel on

Autobrakes for B777

What should the Autobreaks be set at when landing a Boeing 777? I usually have them set to RTO, but I don't think thats right....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yerwordcounts on
BR Birtch

ATC Radar screen 5.0

i am a atc controller, and am wondering, what is the key sequence that the pilots must enter for a flight plan to come up on the radar screen??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bbonsignor on
Jgehret

major ILS problem

i am flying the pmdg 737-700 i up until this point have had not problems with ILS and autoland until now. I engage cmdA the plane will turn and aline but it is alinging about 100 feet right of the runway. I was trying this at ksea on 34 R and it damn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
zakaree on
extricate677

ILS into Adelaide

Hi, Im flying ILS into Adelaide, this is the chart where i got it from http://www.fscharts.com/index.php?action=airport&airport=1808&ils=on&ndb=on&vor=on&waypoints=on&atis=on&mag=1&event=1 , how can i know how many feet i must descend in order to inter...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
extricate-8

Flight Plans Outside the US not working

Hi, I successful created a flighplan in FS9 itself but when i tried to create a flighplan outside US, it dont work. i guess it doesnt show the VORs outside US? is that true? If so, what other ways can i fly outside of US?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
extricate1 on
k_camacho11

FS2004 Problem With Windows Vista...

I installed FS2004 in Vista and noticed that the game has a problem. When u run the game through a maximized window view, the buttons and display doesn't work properly. You switch views and it won't show the new view and stay on the same one...also u can ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
k_camacho11 on
NSX

What could be causing this graphic bug?

Hi all, Everytime I'm on the runway and start rolling for take-off I see this strange stuff happening in front of my plane on the tarmac: What is causing this? Does it have a name and how do you fix it. My system: AMD Athlon 2.1GHz 1024...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NSX on
40,000ft

high flying

😕 how come when i fly to high altitudes in my airbus 319, my overspeed needle drops? like from 370 knots down to 240 at over 40,000 ft????? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
40,000ft on

ILS

Is ILS an important thing to know? because I skipped over it in the flying lessons, and just recently I got stuck in fog and couldn't land because I didn't know how to do ILS. So could I live without it, or do I NEED to know how to do it because I'll run ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Joey890

Which Runway?

I was supposed to land at a runway at an airport and their were three runways but which one is which? They told me to land at 16L but I couldn't tell which one that was from the air?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on

Commericial Lesson 2- Short field takeoffs/landings Help

Basically, the lesson is easy for me until I get up to when I turn to base leg and have to descend from 3500 ft. to about 1800 ft. at 110 knots. Then you turn to final maintaining 97 knots (between 95 and 101), all the while trying to land at Cashmere air...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
Flt634

737 PIC sp2

Wilco no longer has the 737 PIC_CD_SP2.exe file listed on their web site. They only offer it for FSX. I am in need of this file to reinstall my program. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Just a few questions...

Okay, I have a couple of questions. First off, in flying lessons they teach you how to fly the B 737-400, but how do you learn to fly the B747-400, or the B777? Is it just like the 737? Okay, next question. Where is the flaps gauge thing in the 777? I fou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on

Commands to turn left/right with Push back

How do you turn an aircraft left or right when it is being pushed back using Shift + P?????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dannyboy2005

ATI X800 + 1GB + AMD 3200 + ASUS A8V-VM = Bad Frames?

Hi I have bought FS9 for my sister and installed it on her PC, i set the graphic card settings to medium and game play to medium. I gave her a flying tutorial but it was majorly stuttery, 2 - 3 FPS. I had the same rig but on a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe mothe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on

How to slow down a Boeing 737?

How do you slow one of these down after takeoff? I'm learning how to fly one, and after I take off, it says to trim and pitch level flight going 280 knots. But after I Trim/Pitch it to level flight, it goes up to 300 knots. If I lower down the N1 the inst...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Chinny123

Seeing Down through Clouds?

Hi, I'm fairly new to FS'ing just learning with FS2004 now and one thing i have noticed is that when i'm flying on a cloudy day and I climb out of the cloud and look down I can see the ground as if the cloud doesn't exist. Is there some way of fixing i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Page 16 of 111