Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Odyssey

ATC add-on to use offline?

Unfortuantely I cannot use FS at the same time as using the internet so flying with Vatsim is out of the question. Is there an ATC addon that you can use offline? If so, how does it work? Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
spuddi

moving seat position in VC

How do you move the starting postion with the VC? I know once you go into the VC you can go up/down left/right forwards/backwards by using different combinations of CTRL shift, enter and the bckspace buttons. But I want to be able to edit the starting ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on

how do i log instrument flight time in flight sim 2004

To any one out there who knows how to log the instrument filght time for fs9 please let me know...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dme43

How can we fail a gear?

cause i want to do a failed gear landing in fs ❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djcevera on
akklassen

FS won't start... Missing File..

I recently cleand some file and old programs off my PC. Since then FS2004 wont start. It states my "Dem4Km.bgl" file is missing and I need to reinstall the program. I've been told that the file I need is on CD#3. If anyone would take a moment to help ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wombat457 on
kenobe2006

abacus a380 nav

Hi I have a abacus a380 speical edition. my problem is that how do I set the plane to follow the nav frequency 110.9 ( airport Id WSSS) ? I set the nav freq on the radio pannel but the plane does not follow ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wombat457 on
skypilot2

Now is see why....

You guys like FS9 so much and some are finding it hard to switch to FSX. I picked up FS9 on ebay the other day and just installed it yesterday. O my God does it run smooth with very high FPS settings. I have everything turned up to the max and no hick-ups...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wombat457 on

Videos of the HondaJet

Hi guys...just found some neat video of the new Honda developed and powered light business jet. Pretty cool considering the all new Honda jet engines, and the fact that it was tested 20 miles from my house. I thought I saw it last year overhead...anyway...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
dannyboy2005

How to view autogen from a distance?

Cansomeone please explain to me how i can see the autogen in the distance. You see where the red shape is, you can see its flat and bland, how can i see buildings there and around me too. Thanks G4|\|G...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dannyboy2005

Dual Core

Evening All, Dose anybody know how to make BOTH processors in my AMD Athlon 4800+ Processor work for fs2004 and fsx? My processor is dual core! Help would be greatful. Ta!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
wausa

Error message...now can't launch FS9

I received this as I was attempting to open FS9 this AM and have not been able to launch it since. Tried everything I could think of. Anyone else experienced this or have any knowledge as to what the problem may be? Thanx in advance. "An unhandled win...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
Prozac919

PMDG FDC help -- where is the nav database?

PMDG users. I am familiar with how to use the 737NG FDC. The problem is, every time I try to initialize with an airport id, I keep getting a not in database error message. I am using common airports like KBWI, KOMA, KSMP, KSTL, and none of these are re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
Air-Head

Default 747-400 Pitot Heat Switch???...

Hey there Simmers, Just a quick question, (an probably a bit daft) How do you engage the Pitot heat on the default 747-400? ❓ ❓ I cant see a switch for it, is it just the "de-icing" toggle. My assumption was the De-Icing was jus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
air-head on
scab12

Passenger download needed

Need a download to beable to get passengers on small aircraft like helecopters and Cessna :help!:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scab12 on
dannyboy2005

4800+

Evening All I'm upgrading my pc. Here are my CURRENT Specs ATI Readeon X800 pro (256mb) 1GB Ram 250GB 7200RPM Hard Drive ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard And i've ordered a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Processor. Would this increase FPS and stop stut...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
dannyboy2005

Autogen Draw Distance

How can i make the Autogen be drawn in the distance, insted of it being drawn when i am near by. I have sight distance to max and all sliders maxed out. Thaks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
greystone

G1000 Panel for FS9??

Looking for an add-on G1000 panel for any aircraft in FS 2004. Ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
Odyssey

Orbiter

Anybody have any comments on this download? Does anybody use it? Is it really complicated? I would assume you have to learn to fly all over again....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
dannyboy2005

Will this do?

I'm planning on an Upgrade. IF i plan to upgrade CPU will i notice a more, quicker game play. E.g. Ground textures dont take a while to load and uk2000 scenery dosn't hold down my FPS. I'm Planning to get: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Skt939 2.4GHz 1MB ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Oogly50

How do I start at a gate?

😕 I cant' seem to start at a gate... I've looked in all settings, tried all planes, and nothing. I jsut start on the runway... but I want to taxi and do all that crap... do I need to download any software or anything?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
M15A on

elevator trim isnt working

i mean i cant adjust it! i tried using the mouse, the 1 and 7 buttons, and the buttons on my joystick. it doesnt move. and its stuck at full up. so to fly level i have to hold almost full forward stick. i tried rebooting, and re-installing the game,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Marie on
chocapeak

wilco A380 add on for fsx? does it work

i would like to know if the wilco A380 add on works on fsx? and how?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
crosscheck9

i think these planes are underpowered

Hi, I have been downloading a few airbuses lately, but they all seem REALLY underpowered. I just got an a321 and it was set at 31,000lbs of thrust, but i adjusted that to 40,000. At intial climb, I set the IAS to 260 KTS, but at 20,000ft, it started...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
jfmitch1716

AirEd

Have tried to edit the oil pressure in the air file on an aircraft with AirEd but even after I save it - bang its back to the original numbers. Never had this problem before. Any suggestions appreciated. The numbers for the oil pressure are only ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jfmitch1716 on

Low fps

Hey, I was wondering if you know what sort of fps I should be getting? I have: 7800GT 512 450Mhz 2GIG of ram 250GIG Hard Drive AMD 4400 64 *2 Abit ANV-8 mobo Any tips on what settings are a killer to fps? I get between 30-40. I think I should g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wombat457 on
Jamie4590

High Altitude Vors

What altitude do high altitude VOR's cover? Are they all suitable for Concorde at FL600 are are some high altitude VOR's not recievable at this altitude?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
mjjstang

pedals too touchy

HI, I have been using FS9 for a while lately because I want to get a private pilot license in the least time possible. (I understand it varies person to person but the more i practice theoretically the less hours) so I bought some pedals. CH pro pedal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
mossy

Cargo Pilot transfer

I have ordered a new computer, and I wondered if there was anyway I could transfer cargo pilot to my new pc without buying it again. Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
downside up

And I thought the PASSENGERS were Idiots!!

If anybody told me this ...I swear....I'd think they were making it UP!! After hauling my pitful(ly LARGE)BUTT in a coach seat across the flappin' continent to JFK yesterday....all I want DESPERATELY to do is get OFF of this aluminium TUBE and go have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
maxboost7

On the way to Inchoen Int. from O'hare.. Werid rainbow cloud

In the half way to Inchoen Int. from O'hare.. about 40,000 ft... Some werid rainbow (changing color) clouds suddenly showwed up.. any idea??? Color changes very rapidy.. sometimes it disappear then show up again.. Is this natural effect or game bug?? t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
djcevera

traffic patterns

traffic pattern how to? could someone please explain or point me in the direction of some explanations on this matter....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
N915CP

Hello flight fans and fellow pilots. This site is pretty cool. I have many neat planes and extra scenery downloaded to my computer for FS 2004. I am having a few problems though. Some of the files don't work, no matter what I do to put them on my system t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
djcevera

fscrew2 and fspassengers

are these two programs the same or are they different. i currently have and enjoy fspassengers should i purchase fs crew and if so can i run the two of them at the same time..oh yeah i just purchased radar contact also. thanks for any input....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Jamie4590

VOR Question

Is it possible when plotting a course to determine when the VOR will be recieved by the aircraft en route? In other words can I determine that VOR B will come to life, for example, when I am 10nm from VOR A? I have been ploting courses using VOR's i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
oxman

real world weather and active runway selection

When I fly and change the weather to real world, the active runway doesn't change. For example, the active will be 6 but the winds are 334 at 16. I'll ask for a 33 app. but will get a circle to land command for 6. Does anyone know how to fix this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oxman on
M15A

Touch & Go

Hey everyone, After doing the traffic pattern lesson in FS2004 I was wondering....The traffic pattern hight is set at 1500 ft in the lesson. This means you have to descent earlier, make the turn to crosswind leg while the airplane is still climbing, et...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
BLUEDEVIL

System Failures in FS2004

Somehow have turned on an electrical system failure and can't get it turned off/repaired. All indicators look like it shouldn't be there. Think it might have come from trying to fly one of the older planes. Have tried uninstalling and reloading the FS, bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BLUEDEVIL on
robbier

Auto Screen Recorder 2 Help

Hey guys, I have been having trouble with Auto Screen Recorder 2 free version. Auto Screen Recorder 2 Free is at http://www.wisdom-soft.com/downloads/downloadfiles.htm, and scroll down until you get to the section labeled "Help Files and Free Programs ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robbier on
dannyboy2005

What do you use to Design/ Edit Airports?

Hi, I want to edit (modify) an airport, and maybe design one. What programe should i use? Ta!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
dannyboy2005

Ultimate Traffic - TCAS

I have purchased Ultimate Traffic, because Traffic 2005 was Sooooooooooooo Unreal. One of the reason's i purshased UT is because it has TCAS (Something i'v been wanting for a while). I have installed it to the aircrafts using the UT gauge installer but du...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
hammerdag

Does ATC Really Screw Up?

I was just cleared for and ILS landing on runway 17l @ Dallas/Fortworth. I could see a MD80 doing what I was assumimg was holding short for me and then as I'm just about to touch down it taxis right in front of me :evil: I was cleary cleared for landing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainEz on
wingsnbcusa

AI AIRCRAFT SEPERATION

Is there a Program or a way you can have the the AI traffic have better seperation?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wingsnbcusa on
kianok

FS Build - PMDG

Does anyone have a clue how you export flight plans in to the PMGD flight plans file? I have looked in the settings folder but there is not option to export to the PMDG file. Thanks for your help chaps...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
to_coolguys

PMDG 747 TRC Course 4 problems

Hi Guys, I am practising the PMDG type rating course 4..I have never faced this problem before..Here are the steps that i follow: 1) Select Clb-2 for the climb thrust in the FMC. 2) Set brakes to RTO 3) Bring up thrust to 70% 4) Hit TOGA. 5) At ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
wingsnbcusa

Need Help Adding AI Helicopters to Flight Sim

Ok so I know how to add flights useing airplans and ttools, but when I try to use a helicopter it never works. any advise? Thanks Scott...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CAFedm on
wingsnbcusa

Look for Van Nuys Airport Scenery with Santina Air

Does anyone know where I can find Van Nuys Airport with the Santina Air Hangor? Thanks Scott...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
leachus2002

Engine Start Sequence on PMDG 737

Hi peeps, I am really loving my PMDG 737-700 which I am flying with Easyjet colours, but i am having a few problems when it comes to starting the engines. I have the APU running ok, everything seams fine, but when I stick the ignition switch to both an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
dannyboy2005

fs9.cfg

Hi. I want to edit some code in the fs9.cfg but the problem is i cant find it in my M$ F$ main folder....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
tiger7881

Download for Active Camera?

Hey can you guys help me to find where I can download the Active Camera, because I am kinda boored with the regular views in FS2004. Thanks in advance. Tiger...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
dannyboy2005

ATC upgrade

Is there any thing out there that will improve my ATC, make it more real? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Page 23 of 111