Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

SpiderWings

A Flying Challenge for Anyone Interested

I've had an account here for a couple of years but have only recently started reading the forums. So I'm a bit of a newbie here myself. I just read the Favorite Airports Topic by Phoebe and I've found a number that I want to mention in a reply ther...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sonicninja

Sonic is back in the Sky

Ahoy shipmates, yes im back on FS2004 after an 18 month break mainly due to having a new addition to my family (baby girl) and commitments with the Royal Navy Submarine Service, but im glad to be back now, and a big hello to all those that know me from ol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
bawls327

Having trouble taking off in 777

I got the just flight boeing 777 professional by the flightsimstore.com. I use plenty of flaps but its like I am not going fast enough - not getting enough thrust. I get up to around 120 knots and I still cant lift off. Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartfs on
M15A

Another quick question: Carb heat

What is carb heat and what should I do with it while flying vfr? In none of the lessons in FS2004 I found out anything about it... Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
RSA_SEAL

Kneeboard Problems

Hi all, Having recently installed FS9 onto my computer, downloading and installing the 9.1 patch, I am having one problem with FS9. This problem pertains to the kneeboard. I can open the kneebaord, however, when I click on "Checklist", and click on t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
Fmotrichp

Annoying display problem

Hi guys, I tried to search the forums for an answer to my problems but couldn`t find anything. It`s nothing too serious but it`s just very annoying. Don`t know if someone had the same thing at one point. Ill try to make it short :-) I just had...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fmotrichp on
flyinace

Big install problems: acontain.dll

I've seen other people with this problem but i have not seen how others have solved it... I install FS2004 and it seems to install just fine but when i start the program I get an alert that about 17 .DLLs are missing or corupt, then it closes... I've uni...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
me12312

Freelook?

Is it possible to freelook (ie, with the mouse) while in the cockpit view? I know I can push shift+numpad to look directly left, right, forward, backwards etc, but I would prefer to smoothly look around in all directions. Is this possible?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
DME43

St elmos fire

any way we can get it in FS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
DME43

There is seriously something wrong with my toolbar

I just installed PMDG 747 yesterday, and today when i started doing the practice flight (KLAX to KEDW) with FSpassengers on, I randomly lost the toolbar (I AM NOT IN FULL SCREEN). I right click to show/hide toolbar, the menu wont come up... I press alt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DME43 on
CaptainDale

Flight Simulator 2004 Faults and Aircraft Problems

I have recentley been playing on FS9 and thought that it was beginning to get quite boring, same scenery, same aircrafts, same places. And then I thought that maybe it would be better, if there were addons for engine failures, addons for system problems, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainDale on
M15A

Quick question!

Hi, Just a quick question: On the Cessna 172 SP cockpit panel in the middle on top you have 3 lights with 'O M I' written on them. What are they?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
M15A on
HowardsRock

Need help once again.

OK...I'm having the same problem I had a few months ago. Nobody had an answer, but miraculously, it just started working again...first intermittently, then pretty much all the time...but I digress. Regardless of the plane I'm in, I'm at full throttle ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
tiger7881

PMDG 747-400

Hey, I purchased few days ago the PMDG 747-400 and now I try to use it, but for some reason, when I am starting my flight, the gauges shut down, after few seconds, and you cant see nothing no engine controls, not attitude indicater... you know what i am t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
Odyssey

Round the world flight

I started an around the world flight the other day. Its going well so far. I started in manston and am currently in Spain. My plan is to visit all the continents primarily doing short hops. I was over the mountains of northern spain earlier and the view w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Geoffos on
canadairman

carb heat fs2004

Hello all, How to test the carb heat switch effect in fs2004 ? to fly in alaska in cloudy weather ? How to see the effect of icing ? Thx Gunther EBCI...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-head on
bawls327

757 and C5 sound like prop plane

Well my other planes sound like the jet engines and when I load these aircrafts they sound like a prop plane and they never used to be like this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Austin11

Missing scenery files

Hey, I'm missing some scenery files in my scenery folder for FS2004 and that is why my scenery is acting up and it looks very bad,you can look in your scenery folder and compare to the pic and see which ones I'm missing,if you know which ones I'm missing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
willthethrill on
boeing772

where can I find traffic and a moving gate

Where can I find traffic and moving gate (jetway) that goes on the plane after I land...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
loner001 on
n9xv

Baron 58 NAV lights

I get "PANEL" lights ok in the Baron-58, but not "NAV" lights (nice red glow on the individual instruments). Is this normal? Kevin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jon Hicken on
omgttfs

ifly 747

I've had the IFLY 747-400 for a while now, but not spent much time with it. I'd installed it, got sick of poor fps, uninstalled it, reinstalled it....you get the idea. Anyway, I've just reinstalled it and I'm actually really starting to enjoy it.... B...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Ground Environment Pro and Ultimate Terrain

Hello, I use ground environment pro with FS2004 and have been contemplating the purchase of ultimate terrain. If I install ultimate terrain, will the ground environment pro still be able to adjust the texture colors according to weather? Do the two p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on

New Nvidia Drivers

Anyone try the new Nvidia graphics drivers? I have the 8800GTX SLI cards and am curious as to how the new drivers work with fs2004? Is there a way to enable SLI with fs2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
n9xv

Standard temp on climb chart

I have an actual C-172 skyhawk POH. In the climb profile chart (TIME- FUEL-DISTANCE to climb) it uses a "standard" temperature of 0-deg. C to compute the correction factor for non-standard temperature conditions. Why are they not using 15-deg. C as the IS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on
n9xv

GAUGE addons

Is there a way I can swap out a standard VOR indicator or DG for an HSI or RMI in a Cessna 182S in FS2004? Thanks, Kevin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
n9xv

FLIGHT DIRECTOR

I'm not quite sure I understand the "practical" use of the flight director. I thought when flying manually (AP off), it would indicate the correct angle of bank for a standard rate turn. When AP is on, it always seems to use about 22-degrees of bank unles...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on

Strange airplane behavior

Can someone help please... Several times with certain airplanes when i start to roll on the runway to take off the airplane does not go straight ahead in a straight line but rather it deviates to the left....????...any ideas why this might be?...it is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on

ILS Approach Problems

I followed the stickied guide at the top perfectly. I get clearance to land and I kick in the APP Approach and the plane then just begins to turn in no direction. At first it seems like it may be turning to line up with the runway, but it'll just turn and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
dannyboy2005

Dual Core FS2004 on Vista

Hi Dose anyone know how to make BOTH cores work (obv for a processor) using Vista Ultimate. I have follwed the instructions for XP and it would let me. Any ideas? Ta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
mossy

FPS drops, ATC all over the place

I just did a flight through cargo pilot from Biggin Hill (my base airport in the game) to a small strip somewhere in france in my PMDG Beech 1900C. During this flight two odd things happened: 1: every couple of minutes the FPS would drop from where I hav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
mike93

jetway?

can i get a jetway to pull up to my plane on the flight simulator 2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
DME43

Is there a program to estimate flight time/ is there a way?

is there a program that tells you the time it should take you to reach your destination either taking in the weather etc or not, and if not, how can we estimate it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
The-GPS-Kid

HELP - PC shuts down "due to Thermal Event" !

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help; I am currently GROUNDED! Yip my 2.5 month old DELL pc has died on me, so no flying for me. It's a bizarre story.... The problem is that the PC completely shuts off after about 10 minutes of use... when I bo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dkt3 on
DME43

Any tornadoes in FS?

any freeware or payware tornadoes in FS, not just the wind effects?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
n9xv

LAT / LON entries

Is there a way to enter LAT / LON coordinates for an arbitrary point? Inotherwords, I'd like to enter LAT / LON for my house on the GPS in FS2004 etc. Kevin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on
boeing772

where can I find a 777 with the efb

Does anybody know where I can get an 777 with an electronic flight bag but is a free download...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
scab12

Belly Landings

Does anybody know where I can get a belly landing program....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Jamie4590

Force Feedback Wingman

I've seen one of these joysticks and it looks a good deal (£5) but it has a USB connection. Will it be compatible for FS9? Is it a good joystick?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rambunctious on
Jon Hicken

VOR navigation.

Hey there. I've been wanting to learn VOR navigation for a while now, because it seems to make a simple flight alot more satisfying. But anyway, I took the lesson the game provides about it, but to be honest, it's quite terrible, and hasn't made anythin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on
Air-Head

:?: Nice (France) Airport????????

Hello, was simulating a flight from CDG to Nice airport, but when trying to do an ILS landing... ❓ ❓ The ILS feathers do not align with the runway, and consequently on a coupled approach, it appears that I was being guided to the right of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

767-300

Hi all, Does anyone have trouble with the 767-300 when it comes to landing, i always seem to land hard, when i flare i dont over flare yet i always float. does anyone have similar problems or is it just me? happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
dannyboy2005

Get Full Frames in FS9 with Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX

Hey, If you formatt your pc, and then install the Nvidia drivers you should be getting lots of frames I have formatted and installed FS2004 on Vista and i can fly around JFK and get 27FPS (Locked at 27FPS) Its wonderful Just need a new hard driv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
tvhunt

query, how do I declare and emergency?

Flying a Beech Baron, I got an oil pressure light warning - I feathered the prop, shut everything down and continued on my IFR flight. When I contacted my airport for landing instructions I couldn't find any way to declare a single engine approach and em...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ShockAndYaw on
boeing772

How do you get the jetway to move in fs2004

How do you get the jetway to move in fs2004...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
cheezyflier

full carrier ops download

has anyone downloaded this? i would like your opinions of it, and if it is a straight forward install....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Air Head

can't Take Lessons!

I just bought FS2004 lastnight, and I cannot take any lessons! Everytime I click on the button on the left, the program closes. I've tried installing it on 2 different computers, and I've had the same error. Any suggestions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
boeing772

where can I find a 767 with the vc

where can i find a 767 with the vc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
MRGPS1

DME Arcs

Hi People, Does any one know any aiport with a runway that has a DME arc appraoch. I need to practice this approach. Cheers MRGPS1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JCaputo on
westjet

is this possible

hi i saw this video on youtube of a guy landing a plane. but when he was doing the glide slope thing there were squaers in the air that he went through and it got him straight to that runway how can i get those hoops in the air. i think it was a boening 7...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dino20000 on
boeing772

where can I get a free demo version of captian sim 757

Wher can I get the free demo version of captian simulator 757...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Page 18 of 111