Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Azanette

Pushback

Hi guys. How do I get the aircraft to turn to the left or right during pushback. Thanks, A zanette London - UK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

FS opens in Taskbar W10

Hi, lately my FS opens as a small icon in Taskbar. Clicking it does not maximize it to the screen. I have to shut FS down, using the Task Manager and start it again. Usually on the first or second repeated attempt it opens correctly to the screen. This...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MooseMoi

where is the fs9 folder!

this is not 2013 you people havent even realized microsoft took down the games folder please anyone tell me wheres the actuall location i dont know what u talking bout its creates its own folder (NO IT DOSENT!) please fix this :evil:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agent Orange on
sciencemagic

Flight1 Aspen EFD1000 for FS2004?

I've read several reviews of the Flight1 Aspen EFD1000 that say it works in both FSX and FS2004. But the product page says only FSX. Can anyone verify that it does or does not work in FS2004? I prefer that simulator, and the real life plane I'm flying ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SpiderWings

Pre-Programmed Flights in FS2004

As some of you might guess, I'm always looking for some kind of inspiration on where to fly next.... or a particular flight challenge of which I've suggested several. CRJCapt got me to look right under my nose for a bunch to keep me busy for a bit, in hi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
piglet

Real world weather showing snow in summer when it's sunny

Hi everyone Can anyone help me? I have suddenly started to get snow when I start a flight from the UK especially in the London area I am getting snow instead of the correct sunny weather we have been getting. I have tried almost everything to correc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Robbyd on
superman12312bob

Fasten Seatbelt Sign

Help! I want to change the original fsx fasten seatbelt sign. Ive performed a youtube to mp3 and then mp3 to wav conversion but it doesnt work and when i press the fasten seatbelt sign button there is no sound what 2 do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Kwaszer

Payload and fuel keeps resetting

Hello All. Pls i need help with my fsx acceleration. All aircrafts i have won't keep my settings for fuel and payload. Anytime i set a the payload or fuel it changes back automatically to its own settings. Passenger load reads zero except the Pilot weig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Shilu

Microsoft flight sim 2004 disc 4

I have bought Microsoft flight sim 2004. Tried installing it . When I m inserting cd 4,it doesn’t read .can anyone help me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MooseMoi

No Fs9 Folder

Umm wheres the folder because i cant install fs2004 without the folder...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MrClay

virtual cockpit has no function

I downloaded the OPSKY CRJ-200 into my FS2004. But, the virtual cockpit is not lit and has no functions. I did copy the panel file into the the aircraft panel but am not sure how to do it. I just signed up yesterday. can someone please help explain how...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
gypsymoth

Boeing callout gau

Does anyone know of a gauge that will read the 2500ft, 1000ft, 500ft, approaching minimums, and minimums sound files that come with the 'complete_777_callouts.zip' from Jimmy Foong? The FPDA_Boeing_callout.gau reads the 400ft - 10ft but not the extra ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rflowers5

Rcbco-20 installation

How do I install this file properly to make carrier landings and catapults.....have several carrier files in FS9 installed.....have the Kingfisher SCO-03 model also....just cannot figure it out 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Clay Collins

Unable to select, create and/or save a flight FS9

Hey there fello simmers! I need some help. I am running FS9 on Windows 10. I have to say it has been frustrating. Loading and building now three times. The same is true with FSX, in fact I have given up on FSX. Ready to go bact to Windows 7 My issue ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
TheSnake

Missing DLL language file

Hey guys... I was wondering if one of you could upload his english language.dll file for fs9? I would love it, thanks. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FSX MASTER on
darrenvox

speed on all aircraft not shwoing up correctly

seems like on all fs2004 addon and default aircraft when I set a/p the speed is set to like 345 kts or whatever but I'm only seeing 250 or so on my screen with heading bugs that are wrong you hit the b key and with altitude you hit the d key was wonder...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
Welshflyer

Cowl flaps and booster pumps B-17

A quick question gents/ladies. I know the cowl flaps are opened when starting engines but at what point are they closed and when are the fuel booster pumps used?I've looked in my B-17 docs and can't seem to find any info on this subject.I recently had a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Shoe on
Quietman1956

FS2004 Active Camera 2004

Does anyone know if this is still active. I tried emailing to reactivate and I am getting a bounceback on the address....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
notillin

FS 2004 NO SOUND Tried everything HELP !

NO Sound in FS2004 at all in ANY feature. FS on/off sound toggle has NO effect In order to avoid all "standard" remedy suggestions I have done the following: Confirmed all system / sound card / volumes / playback devices / are ON and functioning pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Forget it on

FS9.1 NO CD patch

Hello, Does the free download of the FS9.1 NO CD patch does not work anymore? Or is it payware meanwhile? Best regards Jan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Paul R

Saved flight loads in the wrong airplane

Hello all! A couple times now I have saved a long flight, but when I went to reload it, it loaded in the wrong aircraft. Both flights were begun in the add-on Dreamwings DHC-8 Q-200. Any tips (or similar experiences)? Starting at 250kt at FL195 in a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paul R on
RICKEY MAY

CANT GET 2004 TO RUN OF WINDOWS 10

I REINSTALLED AND DID THE PACTH, BUT STILL CANT GET IT TO RUN.SURE COULD USE SOME HELP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
How do I instal FS2004

I have not used FS 2004 in 15 years. Need a refresher!

Used FS 98 nd 2004 for years. I have not used either in over 15 years and am very rusty. I need installation into windows10 help. my FS name is N5518. Thank you....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Insight

No aircraft preview screen when creating a flight

Bit odd this In the create a flight screen you get a little 3d render of the aircraft you have chosen in the window below.. All i get is a black space with nothing inside... anyone ever had this and or know the resolution?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonamous on
Natasha

FS2004 displays black plane preview in full screen windows10

Hi, I apologise if this has been already answers but I am yet to find a solution for my problem. I have fs2004 running on windows 10, it works perfectly except that when I am creating a flight the plane preview box in black and does not display the 3D...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonamous on

Landing speed

When landing an A319 I use Auto Pilot to line up on final and manage the speed. Just prior to touchdown, I disengage the AP; draw throttles back to zero; have full flaps engaged, but my landing rate is always high--well over acceptable by Fight Simulator...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
a person

Joystick problem

I have a joystick problem. I am trying to install it but the plane just goes to the left whenever i pull up the throt. Can someone please help! And also why do we have to pay just to download files? I think thats stupid....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
albark

Will FS2004 Work With Windows 10?

will fs 2004 work on windows 10, and if not is there a method to get it to work in this version of windows...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
BLUEDEVIL

FS 2004 Operating systems

What would be the highest Microsoft Operating System that still supports FS2004? Is there an operating system to absolutely stay away from? Currently operating on XP but may be forced to upgrade or replace this computer and keep this one strictly for the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
RAMON COSME

FS 2004 CENTURY OF FLIGHT

FS 2004 WAS DOWNLOAD TO MY PC BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT WORK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
beroun

FS Shuts Down when approaching add-on airport

Hi, I happens just randomly, usually when I approach add-on scenery airport when FS Shuts down: (Message: Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 has stopped working, Windows is checking for the solution.....) Interestingly, it does not happen all the time? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Saptarshee Mandal

Uploading files in flyaway simulation website

Can anyone tell me how to upload my freeware scenery in flyaway simulation website? Pls help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MERAH Lamine

Secret in Microsoft Flight Simulator

I was flying toward north pole, then I coudn't get to the other area of the earth I mean after N90 degrees, I regardless didn't give up and after a while I got the word bingo in the middle of the screen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
standans

Blank Instrument Panel Dials

I recently installed several aircraft on FS2004 and note that the instrument panel is displayed but the individual dials are blank. This appears to have affected other aircraft that I had already installed. There are still aircraft that display full pan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
beroun

FS 2004 Stutters (skips)

Hi, Have loaded FS9 on my new W10 PC and it works great. BUT for some reason I am still experiencing ocassional skips at some locations (momentary screen freezing). Sometimes it goes on for about 1/2 minute with five freezes or so during this time. Then ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MichaelB

FSP not operating properly in Windows 10

I removed all the non supplied FS9 aircraft to another folder and with the no cd file in place the programme loaded - almost normally. I then re-loaded the aircraft with no problem. However, I am unable to trace the FS9.cfg file using all the links provid...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Agent Orange

COMPATIBILITY ALERT

For all who are using or planning to use the Ad Remover app from www.adremover.org on Windows 8.1: This app is NOT compatible with Flight Simulator 2004 and WILL prevent you from using FS2004 (it will allow FS2004 to start, but WILL CAUSE IT TO CRASH as s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jimmyberry

Invisible working plane Grumman

I keep getting an invisible Grumman in Glacier Bay Fishing Trip. I don't have directX 10 :evil:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Micky98

Resizing Add-on aircraft

Hi, I have an Aircraft that I like very much, but it's size is about 2 times the size of the original. Source file is inexistant and I would like to resize it to its real size, is there an application that would let me do that. Thanks in advance for y...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The fixer on
Agent Orange

FS2004 no longer works

My copy of FS2004 had worked just fine as recently as last week, but it no longer works -- it starts up all right, but as soon as I load any flight at all it crashes for no apparent reason (sometimes while the flight is still loading, sometimes just after...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
NickT2

PMDG 737-800 download error

Hi all, I recently uninstalled my 737-800 PMDG as flight deck wasn't showing correctly. I have the link from PMDG to reinstall it but an error message pops up saying....... "FS9 version 9.1.0.40901 (FS9.1 at least) required. You only have FS9 Versio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

ATC loses my IFR plans on long distance flights...

I was flying a 773 from DXB to LHR (filed an IFR flight plan), and I turned the simulation rate to 16x speed (middle of flight at cruise altitude, auto-pilot on) so as to finish the flight in a reasonable amount of time. But then, after resuming to norma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Nineball

Landing a Boeing 747

After flying many hours in various Cessna planes, I have started moving to the big jets. I'm having lots of trouble landing a 747. Approaching Seattle from the north, I am at 5000 ft, 250 KIAS, about 20 miles from the runway. When I reduce the thrust t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fo baker on
Joe Noble

FS9 Wind Sound Configuration HELP!

Hi all, I am using FS2004 and have a problem with the wind sound. In the sound.cfg file under the wind sound section I have specified the minimum speed as 300 and the maximum speed as 400 (I assume the mentioned speed is in KTAS). However when running ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ethnjrdn@gmail.com

no engine sound

Hello, I am running Window 7 Professional and am having an issue with engine sounds in Flight Simulator 2004. When loading the default aircraft which is a Cessna 172, all sounds including engines are working properly. However when I choose any other aircr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Keith Barker

How do I get the Heads Up Displayed, i used to have it.

The Heads up display lets you fly without too much checking other instruments. The information lets you know at a glance as to what state the flight is in especially when descending...like speed, fuel, heading etc. I didn't realise how much I used it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1up2down

How do I uninstall FS Global from FS9?

When I first installed FS Global it installed a small folder in Program Files before installing the main files into FS9. I have searched for these files in FS9 but see no sign of them. In the start menu I clicked on uninstall FS Global but that only se...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ivan1936

Flight Simulator 2004 is not running on Windows 10

I installed Flight Simulator 2004 on my new laptop, running Windows 10. However the program does not open if CD4 is in the drive (or not), not even if I try "Open as administrator". I installed the "nocd" fix downloaded from Flyawaysimulations, but st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

New FS2004 Dense autogn tree pic’s

I have been working for some time on increasing the amount of trees in FS9 and also the amount of perceived trees a subject that has never been fully cracked before, I have finally succeeded in making a difference. Zip File link to Pic's of my early r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
viola

FS9 facing matters with Windows 10

Hi to everybody! I am facing matters to run FS9 with Windows 10 (I updated last end of December). Despite I run as Administrator, the program doesn't start (I had the same issue the last months I had Windows 7). I have no any error msg, simply the game...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 3 of 111