Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

dannyboy2005

Nvidia 8800 GTX vs ATi Radeon HD 2900 XT

Thats it, I'm up to here with Nvidia. I dont tink i'll be buying another graphics card from them for a while untill the bukc their ideas up. I keep getting 'Ghosting Panels' in FS2004, especially when running FSP (Its a driver problem, not your fault ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
lionlicker

Checkrides...hard to take seriously!

First of all, what about the "clanger" in the Private Pilot Checkride? The instructor woman says " you will see Tahoma Bridge airport on your left"... when in reality it is off to your right... and you have to awkwardly cross the left traffic pattern to m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
waj2306

AIR file Content?

Exactly what is in an AIR file, and can it be tweaked? HEHEHEHEHE...here I go again! Tampring with another area of FS! Bill...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
mossy

godamm graphics issues again

As some people may have noticed I haven’t posted here for a while. This is because everything has been working fine, good fps and flying has been enjoyable. Alas, this could not last. After I ran futuremark with disastrous effects (my screen went very ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on

How...?

I've seen videos of people on youtube, and when their plane hits the gorund it FS2004 it explodes. Does anyone know of afree add-on that does that? And do you add it on the same way as an aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jpalmer2004

Amazing!!!

This isn't my work but i found this at sim tube.......This guy is a freakin Genious!!!! He made a flight Video :groupwave: http://www.simtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=e414107ee22b6198c578...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
nottobe

how to change zoom values ?

each time i start my citation X I have to change zoom for all angles from 0.68 back to 1.0, is there any way I can change permanently? I checked aircraft.cfg but couldnt find that value...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

How hard is this game?

Well, I turned 14 today, and with my birthday money I was planning to buy FS2004. But I'm wondering, is the game too hard for a 14 year old? How hard is it? Is it pretty easy to understand, or does it take months to learn how to fly? I'm wondering if I'm ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
jfmitch1716

Marciano's RadarFS9

I installed Eric Marciano's payware gauge RadarFS9 today. It is supposed to work with both IE aircraft and for on-line simming. It works with no problems off-line but as soon as I try to join an on-line session with the aircraft I get a "buffer overrun ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
erikvonmanstien on

Aircrafts and pictures on FS2004

Does anyone have a list of all the aircrafts and pictures of them on FS2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
boeing772

how do you get the aircraft to say 500 100 50 40 30 20 10

do you know how to get the aircrafts say the numbers of altitude like 500,100,50,40,30,20,10 pull up...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on

Aircraft Hopping Around on the Runway/Tarmac?

What's the deal with some aircraft hopping up and down when sitting on the runway or tarmac? Seems to be more prevalent with certain aircraft, especially freeware addons. Happens most when I cycle through views. Is there any way to fix this (besides not c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
gulli666

Run Flight Simulator 2004 on Vista

I am trying to run Flight Simulator 2004 on Windows Vista and the sim seems not to be able to run on Vista, has anybody tried this and found some fix another than go back to Windows XP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
blahblahblahblah on
kieranja

active sky

i get a problem every time i use it where it says problem with aloft server. try again later. this happens all the time. for about hour then it will work. any 1 else have prob?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kieranja on
Excelsis

Flight Management Computer/FMS

Can anyone give me a simple explanation about the acronyms FMS (Flight Management System) and FMC (Flight Management Computer)? Are they the same thing? Am I right in thinking that a FMS/FMC is a tool which gives you an indication about navigation and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Excelsis on
stocz2

Missed approach Second Attempt

Still a student pilot here. Flying with no ILS, on to a grass runway. I was a little high to land. I asked to go around again. How far in nm, and altitude do i need to be at for my approach on my second attempt? Thanks, stocz2...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stocz2 on
bawls327

Still cant take off in Boeing 777

I have the PSS Boeing 777 and its hard for me to take off in it. I have used plently of flaps and I full throttle this sucker but its like I get to the end of runway and I reach 170 knots and I think I need like 215 or something like that and its like I c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
frydchknlips1

hardest airport to fly into

I believe the hardest airort to fly into is Paro airport in Bhutan. I flew a Learjet from Kathmandu in Nepal To Paro in Bhutan. It is an extremely fast descent into the airport and almost didn't make it. It is in the bottom of a valley. Check it out and s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chlorinekid on
rossi85

I want British Airways

Can anyone please tell me where i can get a repaint, textures, etc for a boeing 747-400 British Airways. oh and what you think of FSPASSENGERS, I THINK THIS ROCKS !!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
dannyboy2005

FS9 / FSX Anti Aliasing Problems SOLVED!

FS9 / FSX Anti Aliasing Problems no longer. Are you getting problems with jaggeredy edges in FSX or FS9 with a Nvidia Graphics Crad? If so read on. 1) Uninstall old graphics card driver (Control Panel -> Add / Remove Hardware -> "Nvidia Driver...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
hammerdag

Auto Pilot Qeustion

Having a problem when I engage AP in my 737-800. I'll take off and will be flying and climing runway heading,While climbing AP is off, I do have my desired altitude plugged in and the ALT Hold switch engaged. Say I have it set for 14000 feet, I'll climb u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on

dad's FS2004 crashes winXP AMD sempron 2800 radeon 9600

Hi all, SO glad to have found your forum and website, done a little bit of searching and so far I know for sure this is a great place to be. I wonder if anyone has had any sudden system crashes on flight sim 2004 within 10 seconds of taxiing, but no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Darksoul

FS9 Settings menu glitch

Hi, I recently installed FS9 on my newer system, and can't seem to adjust my display settings. Everything runs fine until I go to change all of my graphic options. Mainly, the only tab that shows is the scenery, and then, none of the bars even move. I've ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Darksoul on
John Travolta

The In-Flight Diversion Handbook

Any of you guys think you can navigate using a pencil, compass and a stopwatch alone?. If you can't and you wanna learn how to, check out the Flight Diversion Handbook at flightdiversion.com. Its a got some pretty awesome stuff....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Mc_GaNgStA

FS2004 problem.

I've always played this game without problems. Today when I loaded up FS2K4, chose the Cessna, choose Heathrow and choose weather as real-world weather it showed the progress bar form jepessen but when it reaches 22% FS2K4 just quits automatically :S T...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scab12 on
JETAAS

Jet planes

Can someone please tell me or give me a link where i can download any airforce jet from. i have tried looking, but, i aint too good at this type of stuff! Is there any that have a VR Cockpit view as well?? Just curious. Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JETASS on

Lining up Landing Approach

For anyone who can hep me! hey pilots i have a huge problem lining up the aircraft to the runway and also directing the airplane into the correct positioning to land 100 nm away! i just need someone to tell me which is the best way to do this and how t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
dannyboy2005

FS9.1 Update

Hi, Can someone tell me where i can download the fs2004 update. I have looked on Microsoft Website but the FS2004 site no longer exists. I'll be greatful. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
boviac on
NSX

Autorudder: who uses it?

Hi, Just wondering, are you using auto rudder or not? What are the benefits you get from not using it? Are there any? Cheers 🍻 NSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
snobnosed on
NSX

Crosswind landing, did I do ok?

Hi, Did a crosswind landing without knowing it would happen, replayed it on fraps, please have a looky, and tell me what you think 😀 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SjoybTRKw8...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
David_MC on
rafferty5268

FS2004 Minimizes Itself During Flight - Laptop Running XP??

My FS2004 runs normally on my desktop machine and completes a long flight without problem - running on XP. However, on my laptop - also running XP - the flight periodically minimizes itself and goes into 'pause' mode leaving me with my normal desktop. Ma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rafferty5268 on

FSP registration problem

hello people i got a new computer yesterday and installed fs9 and fsp. i put in my unlock codes for fsp however half way through my flight it aborted it and said i need to unlock it. and whenever i start fs9 it is telling me its unlocked. is this a vis...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guest4

Problem With FS2004 and Windows Vista

I just installed FS2004 in Windows Vista, and it is giving me a huge problem. The views seem to freeze, although the buttons are still functionable. You try to switch views and it stays in the same view you were in. Then when you switch to full screen mod...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest4 on
DF112

Lockheed Vega - a dumb question I know, but...

I'm doing most of my flying in the Vega at present, and as 'realistically' as possible, leaning the mixture myself rather than leaving it up to FS04 etc. Thing is, I can't find the elevator trim control anywhere in the cockpit. I'd expect to see the usual...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DF112 on
stocz2

over all aircraft weight

Downloaded a Cessna ?, the other day. I had myself (pilot) 255 lbs. A pessenger 260 lbs. And about 45 lbs of other weight. Click ok, a red message said over weight. Had to get rid of my passenger. Lower my other weight. And was only able to get about 20% ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
scab12

mouse help

my mouse is all glitchy when ever i move it. It 's hard to tell what I'm clicking when I move it around and it is just plain annoying. Anybody know what i can do to fix this. Thanks in advanced. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dirtymouse on

PMDG

Greetings to all. I just had one questions for you: I own the PMDG 737 and the GF-MCP Advanced Autopilot and each time I load my PMDG and try to control the autopilot from my module it disconnects. I heard that PMDG has a fix for the GF-MCP pro but I am n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
boomshiko

Fine tuning Logitech Force 3D Pro

Hi everyone, Does somebody on the forum use the Logitech 3D Force Joystick? If so, what kind of sensitivity settings do you use? I've been trying to fine tune the settings, but the stick makes the plane way to shaky. What's the catch?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bigbadazzneega on
UMM

Moving between PLanes

When i 1st got FS9 (a while ago), i was just stuffing around hitting random keys to see what they do!! Somehow i managed to move my camera from one plane to another. IE. i was flying around, and i hit some bottons, then the next thing i knew the camera mo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Captain Evans on

Why does my 2D Cockpit "Flicker"?

My 2D Cockpit flickers. It has a this Horizontal flicker that wont go away, and it is ONLY in 2D Cockpit mode. 3D and Spot Views have no flicker. What is causing this? It seems to happen on most of my aircraft... Please advise......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
nottobe

vector and IAP

I dont quite understand when you have to fly IAP. In FS9 and Radar contact, you automatically get the vector service all the way to the localizer. But STAR and IAP sound like a great deal in real-world flying. So my question is: in the real world aviation...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Dieter2007

Patch 9.1 fs2004

hi everyone i need the fs2004 patch 9.1 but i can't find'it... someone can tell me where to download the patch, i search in microsoft but is not there anymore another question: i have the aibus vol1 from wilco publishing and when i start the simula...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Lufthansa-pilot90

737-500 destinations

hei,, can anyone direct me to a website, that lists almost all 737-500 destinations in the world?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
wantfsx

Why is the plane swaying so much? (technique?)

Hi everyone! So, I've been flying fs9 for a while now but the one thing ive never seemed to figure out was how to stop the plane from chasing the correct course in autopilot....for example, if im set to a VOR going to it at 120 degrees, even if im far out...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wantfsx on
GMTK

Active camera Freeware Version?

Is there any utility like Active camera (not freeware) that i can look for?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Malaga Airport AGP LEMG Wrong

Why is Malaga Airport ILS Runways showing up as Runway 14 and Runway 32 on fs2004?? I flew to malaga (real life) and back for a week and the runways are infact 13 and 31 any chance of a fix??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Pulp1

Abacus Airbus Fleet.....

I recently purchased the Abacus Airbus Fleet and am having problems landing. Thus far I have only used the A319 but everytime I try to land it will bounce wildly. No matter how smooth an angle I land at and no matter at what speed i land it is a bi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
waj2306

Turboprop Autothrottle?

I have been looking/experimenting with adding an autothrottle to the Mike Stone C130. I have added the proper lines, switch and readout window to the .cfg and panel. When I engage the AP and AT, and set the proper IAS, everything works fine until I reac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Lufthansa-pilot90

Flying Speed?

Hey.. Can anyone tell me all the speeds, for take-off, climb, cruise, decent, landing, for B737-500?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
M15A

Exiting traffic pattern

Lets say I want to take off in my Cessna 172, departe to the north, flying VFR at an altitude of 2000 feet. I contact ATC and they direct me to runway 24. So now I taxi to runway 24, take off, and then what? Should I fly the traffic pattern departur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Page 17 of 111