Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

nottobe

why is there the Tower View among the view toggles?

I have never had any need for this view, can I get rid of this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BOB LOMAS on
Virenque

ctrl + right bracket

I have problems with flight lessons when I have to press ctrl + right bracket. I set keyboard to US and I`ve found right bracket but nothing happens when I press it during the game. What exactly does ctrl+right bracket? It`s very anoying because I can`t c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TiagoCarneiro on
D3LM3L

FS2004 on a Mac Pro?

I'm getting a new computer very soon- an Apple Mac Pro. I'll be installing Boot Camp on it to run Windows and play FS2004 on it. How will it run with these specs? Two 2GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon 1GB (2 x 512MB) 250GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s NVIDIA G...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
DIMITRIOSCOOL

fs2004 on mac?

Hey is it possible to run flight simulator on mac? it can run microsoft office. If yes, my mac has a NIVIDIA 8600GT do you reckon that is a good graphics card?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Adolph_Galland

Missing MFC70.DLL

Trying to download no CD patch for FS9. Unable to do so because 'MFC70.DLL is missing.' Can anyone help me w/ this? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
Adolph_Galland

FS9 Crack not working

Anyone know where I can find the no-CD link for FS9? I tried using the one in the Utilities section in this site but I get "The file you requested in not found."...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adolph_Galland

GPS not working

Out of the blue (sorry for the pseudo-pun), the GPS button does not work on any of my aircraft. Any takers on what to do? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
Beoxy

atc tells me wrong altitide

Hi Can anyone tell me why ATC tells me I'm at 5900 ft and to expedite my descent to 4000 ft (for eg), when all my guages are telling me I'm already there?, My instrumentation is all set right as I crash at 0, so ATC isn't calibrated to me somehow? any...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
madbrit on
yourtoserious

Project Airbus A380

i recently downloaded some repaints, does anyone know where i can get or how to get the VC for these? it comes with the default B747 2D cockpit and wingviews. would love some help on my problem. Thank you Tom...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kostasa on
beroun

Registry Keys Missing

Hi, During my total FS 2004 de-install (had it installed on C drive, not in the program files!) as per the Microsoft 'manual remove 'guide http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846, I noted that the local machine registry keys due to be removed (in bold bel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
beroun

FS9 Re-Install

Hi, After some scenery problems, have decided to re-install FS9 using the original 4 discs. Have completely deleted my FS 2004 file, which I have on C drive all 24 gb of it with my add-on stuff and proceeded with install from the discs. (Obviously have b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
beroun

FS Crash..

Hi, Something went terribly wrong with my FS. Indicated headings in instruments are not the actual headings off by more than 30 deg. The scenery is flickering and the 'always smooth flights' are getting intermitently frozen, with skipps at dense scenerie...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Who is Captain Dennison?

On the screenshot galleries there is a poster called Captain Dennison. He seems to show up every now and then and post a negative comment on the vast majority of piccies there. As someone who takes the time to upload my pics to the gallery, can I as...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
Guest333

Cessna 172SP RPM problem

Hy, My problem is that when I want to go full throttle in Cessna 172 the tachometer doesn't pass the 2150rpm, and this happens only for the 172, the reat of the aircrafts seem to be OK. I've tried the things below for no change: - uninstall then in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ofick on
Stian

Norwegian online multiplayer server

Someone knows about an norwegian multiplayer server for fs9? It would be cool if it had teamspeak too ;)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RichT

Accidental removal of scenery

Hi I accidentally removed a scenery file from SCENERY/CITIES folder, the file being SYDNEY When I started FS it came up with an message saying it couldn't find it, so I closed FS9 and put it straight back in. Restarted FS and all seemed fine, but w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guest1

Not happy with fspassenger copilot.

I was doing a fspassenger online flight in a 747, coming in for an ILS approach. Everything was all going good, runway clear etc etc. Then when 300 feet of the ground suddenly my copilot says, aborting landing, going around. Next second he nails my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
beroun

Compass Error

Hi, I have noted an error in compass indication. I was heading north in Venezuela and compass indicated dead southern heading. I than moved aircraft to the US and on rwy 4 at JFK the heading indicated 31? Similar error in Europe, at PRG sitiing on runway...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
DME43

livery for ready for pushback 747-200

anyone know where i can find a Iran air livery for ready for pushback 747-200? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
13243134 on
Mc_GaNgStA

Help with step-by-step FMC programming.

I have read the manuals from PMDG, read some online FAQs and manuals to program the FMC but I still don't seem to understand very clearly how to program it. I really need help from someone to explain me how to program the FMC using the following data, as ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
David. on
IFLYSTUFF

menu bar?

i remember in fs2002, when u press alt in the middle of flight, the menu bar would show up, and the game screen wouldnt resize itself. in other words the menu bar would just show up on top of ur game overlapping it. in fs2004 i noticed when i press alt, t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
CaptainDale

Airspeed dropping, aircraft pitch too high

I was flying from UK to Spain and about half way through the flight, my airspeed dropped down to 250 and kept dropping...230, 220, 210, right down to 160 before I paused it and came here. I read other forums suggesting its the Pitot Heat and by turning it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
kousik

side winder joystick pulls to right side

HI friends, When i plug in my sidewinder joystick to my comp,2 things happen. 1.the airplane s nose wheel fully turns to right side. 2.the yoke in the virtual view cockpit turns to right and remains there. All these happens with the stick in neutral p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CXA001 on
jaffacake

Help! Can't Land on the Runway from Stanstead to Heathrow

Please I need help. My problem is I can land flying from London Heathrow to London Stanstead, The glidescope, runaway and localiser is intercepted and im on the runaway. When i do a return flight from London Stanstead to London Heathrow (UK), it just...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pontus on
jayviation

saving flights to my desktop

does anybody know how to save flights in fs2004 so i can watch them back on my computer and save like a files with all of my flights in?? can anyone please help as i have been into the fs2004 files and seen 2 video files but they wouldnt play or let m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
Jakob Lind

AFCAD211 runways hover over the ground

Hi gurus I have recently rediscovered FS9 and am now configuring airstrips in Alaska for bushflights. I use AFCAD211, but the runways seems to hover over the ground. I expect this to be a common problem, but have not been successful in seeking advic...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jakob Lind on
Jerald

st maarten airport diagram

does anyone know where i can get st maarten airport diagram...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alamgir on
444Pilot

Uninstalling FS9

I am trying to find the uninstall option for FS9. Can someone help me? Thanks......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
444Pilot on
airtransat

air transat virtual?

Hello everyone! i was just wondering if anyone knows of an air transat virtual website. if you do please post the link, Thanks! 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
smiler13 on
darrenvox

what happened to project ai??

i just thought that id go and find a new bunch of ai sets to download and i get this when i type in their website url and i get this......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
morandi22

Set specific speed!

Hello everybody! I'm begginer in FS 2004, and i have a big problem. I'm always flying with a Boeing 737-400, and everytime i try to land, my speed is really high (~250-260 knots) and i miss the aproach, or, in most cases, i land near the runway. I need...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fredericia01 on
redskys55

Flight simulator 2004 demo download

Does anyone know where I can fine A demo of FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 ????? PLZ Help!!!!!!!!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fredericia01 on
RichT

Crazy Rudder

Ok, I've posted this problem before some years ago but at the time no-one could give me a definite answer and no-one seemed to have a similar experience. Basically the problem is my rudder and steering keep flicking to the right. Yaw damp and centring ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on

why do prop planes go off course in autopilot nav mode

Its probably a really dumb question but is it the p-factor or the compass because I'm always having to reset the compass to stay on course and in jet engine aircraft I don't have to do this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on

REX fs9 question

hello all sorri about my english. i bought rex for fs9. It is very good.let me try explain my question....is it possibl to run the WASys while i fly. Right now i have to push alt tab, to view the WASys, and dat minimizes the fs9 and pauses it. I hope ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
greycap

Activating new scenery

I cant activate new scenery in 2004. I get a messsage saying ,you do not have permision to add new scenery . get a moderator to complete activation. any help gratefully recieved. I have win7 pro. greycap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
b_kennedy

Nvidia 8800GT, any good?

Hi guys. Not been on for a while. I was looking at getting back into my flying. My current Nvidia card has given up so need to get a new one. My PC isn't the greatest. It got an E2140 processor with 2GB of ram but ran fs9 surprisingly well on mostly high ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Bentley03

FS2004 will not load any more aircraft

After I downloaded the c-5 translaod, then the agusta 109 package it would not allow me to load any other aircraft. All installer packages for every aircraft I try says installer damaged. I deleted AIR installer from adobe and reinstalled it. Nothing yet....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
troubled

FS2004 keyboard commands

Does anyone know where I can print a list of the key commands/functions for playing flight sim. I have a joystick but have no idea what keys on the keyboard do what. Thank in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
jybbai15

In-flight aircraft jerks around and changes speed

When I am flying with any jet aircraft with the auto throttle and pilot heat on, my plane sometimes jerks violently to the side and changes speed by around 0.05 mach to 0.10 mach. Any help would be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
JPA70

AIRCRAFT CARRIERS?

Are there any carriers in FS2004? 😳 If so will someone please tell me where they are located. Thanks, Jeff 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
useless old man

fs 2004 setting up control buttons

just bought fs2004. Installed OK. then could not play any instructional videos. checked everything. then played game and at first was all OK. I bought cheap thrustmaster joystick, and seemed to work OK, but then the settings I chose seemed to revert or c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
useless old man on
CrashGordon

Ultimate Traffic

I decided to get Ultimate Traffic to spice things up, but it seems to be pushing my resources to the maximum. Is there any way to tweak things until I get more RAM?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
LHFlying

FSBUILD + FS GPS System

Good morning. Please bare with me if i confuse anyone, I have recently started using VATSIM, but very rarely use PMDG, CLS, Captain Sim Ect. I tend to use Overland's wide variety of aircraft. Because i am new to VATSIM, a controller helped me out to u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
LHFlying on
ceetee

3rd Installment: plane-spotting Photos from Auckland NZ

Note for 56k'ers: There are 304KB of pictures on this page! Hi everyone, Here is my 3rd installment of plane spotting pictures from Auckland International Airport, New Zealand for you guys to enjoy. To see previous photos I have taken, view these oth...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilot94 on
yourtoserious

FS2004 failing to load

i started my system this morning, landed a flight i started the day, closed the simulator. after spending a while thinking, decided to install cloud9's LAX scenery. when the download and installation was complete, i tried to open FS2004 from the des...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
delano

Can't turn while taxiing.

Hello, I'm new at this, and after playing a few hours, suddenly i couldn't turn or move to another side with the airplane while taxiing. I'm not using a joystick, just my keys. I tried to look at the keysettings but everything seemed normal. While i'm ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
LocoLoki

How to incorporate Add-ons in FS2004?

Silly question. New to Flight Add-Ons. How do I incorporate add-ons into MSFlightSim2004? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mksas on
RichT

Airport ILS

Does anyone know if it is possible to alter an airports ILS? Reason for asking is that I have the ISD Rome Fiumicino airport scenery but I always have to ignore ATC instructions when beginning my decent as they turn me in practically the other directio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
RichT

Roads for FS2004

Hi I used to have an excellent product from FSquality which upgraded the road networks in the UK and Western Europe. This does not however work on my new platform with Windows7 64bit OS. I have looked high and wide for a replacement product which gi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 5 of 111