Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

fupi

Figuring out how to start flight with no engines

Is there a way to start a flight with the engines off? I haven't been able to figure that out....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mossy

Turn to left on taxi

Ok this is something that has been happening for a while: Whenever I taxi, the plane will turn slightly to the left. I use the rudder to correct it and I manage ok, but it looks messy. It is especcially irritating when I am taking off because it means tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
thunderbird522

[ Poll ] Kittyhawk Airplanes!!

I recently downloaded the Kittyhawk 737NG series and I am impressed!!! I would download it over the posky any day. It is more manuverable and the autobrakes actually work! The only thing I have against it is that the winglets are a little out of porpor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fupi on
thunderbird522

Rank shown

Hi all, I work for UPSVAC as a captain. On the flyaway fourms, I show up as a trainee. Does anyone know if I can change that? Thanks, thunderbird522 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Brook

Lear Jet DME

Can't seem to locate the DME readout on the FS9 Learjet...any advice?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
fupi

Airport Scenery

Is ther a download that will let you enhance airports already on the game. I would like to have jetways and all that at some of my favorite airports.(Denver) If you could reply, that would be awesom...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
djcevera

What are virtual airlines and how to join them?

could someone please point me in the direction of some information on what exactly virtual airlines are and how to go about joining one thanks for any help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djcevera on
renesis

FS9 and changing AIRAC world data

Hi, I have updated the AIRAC data of LDS and PMDG and notice that there are now discrepancies between FS9 data and the latest AIRAC data largely due to changes in magnetic variation. For example, Manchester (EGCC) used to have runways 24L and 24R but n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
DJNocturnal

question about fs2004 on vista

i am running fs2004 on vista and it plays just fine, the only problem i am having is that i can only play in full screen mode, if i try to play with the menu bar on the top, the screen freezes untill i change it back. i ran this on xp and it worked just f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thunderbird522 on
Brook

Steering Problem after Autopilot shutoff

Hi all..been awhile... I'm having a problem in which i have a hard pull to the right in steering after shutting off the A/P (usually following a long time on the A/P) Tried calibrating joystick when it happens--no improvement. Anybody familiar w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thunderbird522 on
Jive1

Exclude/Flatten files in scenery.cfg

Hey! I have a question on scenery.cfg file..... I designed a douzen of heliports within a not too wide area., and I collected them all in one folder, so as to activate this complete folder in one single in my scenery.cfg It happens now that some of th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mossy

GA aircraft

Can anyone reccomend any really good free or payware GA aircraft for fs9? Thankyou in advance for your help, Mossy....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chlorinekid on
rblair

how do i get the fs2004 jetways to move?

how do i get the fs9 jetways to move ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thunderbird522 on
rickypig112

777 add on for fs9

Does anyone know of a good 777 add on WITH wing view??? i have downloaded 777's but find theres always a glitch with the wings upon landing. happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
jpalmer2004

Sweet Russian Fighter

Hey Guys, Been awhile sense i've posted here......Not gonna re install FS until i get a better drive and graphics card....... I heard on the radio about a New Russian Aircraft called the SU-37........ That fighter can do some crazy stuff!! Here is a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jpalmer2004 on
dgsmith37

Change Default Mini Window Instruments

Is there a way to change the default instruments display, when you are on short final in very bad weather and you push "W" to display just certain instrunemts? I would like to move the Attitude Indicator to the left replacing the Turn & Bank. Plus move th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dgsmith37 on
Brook

ILS - Mooney Bravo

I can't seem to locate my glideslope indicator when tuned to the ILS. I have tuned both VOR's to the proper frequency and get nothing. Am I missing something?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
DECK

Carrier Ops

Help Having problems getting Carrier Ops to work, does not seem to be any install instructions. Have Copied all folders to the relevant folders in Flight Sim but no joy. Regards Deck...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Flybud

Off course by 4 deg

Hello all, 😀 Only 4wks into FS2004 and while using FSRadar Contact iv`e came across a problem with the aircraft headings being 4deg out and i suspect the altitude is way out too. I was hoping someone might shed some light on the problem as i`...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flybud on
SpiderWings

Falling Brick Video

As some of you might know, I've been training (sim for about a month now) to land the space shuttle in preparation for the next leg in my quest to complete all the FS9 historic flights with transition flights between them. I use my oldest yet-be-flow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rich999

Unable to see any cockpits!!!!!

Flightsim was working ok till yesterday, aircraft load ok however no cockpits, in cockpit view where there should be instruments etc its just a back lower half, rest of the views are ok, if i press the alt key then the cockpit becomes visible!!!, left mou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rich999 on
silverbullet_moviemagnet

Scenery.conf error remote path area - help me please?

Just bought a new pc with operative system windows vista....pc is great and i did mannage to fly my fs9 on it. but for some reason now when i start my fs9 it shows the error scenery.conf error remote path area.038 i did unistall it several times and re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
silverbullet_moviemagnet on
acepilot32

flight deck 4 help

can someone help me? ok i got fd4 i love it and had it for a long time but i realised that the things that come up to block the jet blast behind the catapults dont open but they open on the previous versions flight deck`s series or atleast fd3 because ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Gukken

ILS Approach not working.

I followed this guide https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/ to make my Boeing 737-400 to make the final approach to the runway. When I reached 9.5nm from the runway I got the clearance of landing. I set the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
dosteen

Where is my CLOCK?

I am using the default Boeing 737-400 in FS2004. I have located a chronometer, that works just like a stopwatch. However, I am not able to locate the clock to give me the local time. Where is it? I have pushed the buttons on the side of the chronomete...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
hammerdag

Tailhook

what is your tailhook key? when it says to open a certain door what does it mean by tailhook.....i should knw this by now but i don't... 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
belgeode

FS9 causing reboot... again..

OK rather than hijack Dorianee's thread I figured I would start a new one.. I am STILL having this issue where I go to fly, take off and halfway or sometimes not even as far into it my computer seems to either go into standby mode with nothing respons...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
stocz2

altitude question

I am flying mostly all smaller AC for now. Still learn the basic of flying. Once in awhile i will fly a 717-200, and getting the hang of it. If i were to fly the Boeing 717-200, from Gen. Mitchell Intl. (KMKE) to Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.(KMSP), whi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
leachus2002

Any idea why the brakes are showing active at FL325?

Hi Peeps, Just wondered if anyone can pinpoint any light on this problem? Thanks Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
rowcoach

rwy 12

This may sound like a dumb question, but is Rwy 12 a program you download? I keep seeing it posted on scenery downloads, but I have yet to find a program Rwy 12....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
flyawayking1991

what control is it to get the jetways to work

hey what is the control to get the jetways to come to the aircraft and how long does it take...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
KevinTsai

FS2004 has no tailwind/headwind!

Hey guys, I have been noticing-everytime when I make a flight from east to west, I seem to arrive at my destination local time around the same time when I depart local time. My most recent major east to west flight was from Newark to Shanghai in Contin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
twistedsucker

Airspace - New FS9 Video!

I would like to share this video I made out of free time with you guys. I hope you enjoy 🙂 Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lBML3ofh_rc High quality: http://www.mdigitalx.com/Airspace.wmv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
Pulp1

Fuel calculator help please.......

I am trying to add a new aircraft to the fuel calculator the only problem is how do I find out what the miles per gallon is for the said aircraft which is an Airbus A310-300?. Thanks for any help. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
ceetee

NZFF New Zealand Flightsim Forums

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/30226/nzff-new-zealand-flightsim-forums_1be792578cf7c8a8ef0900678b1a79fd.jpg Hi guys, I would like to invite you to visit the New Zealand Flightsim Forums, New Zealand’s premier Flight simulator...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
Grim

wow..just wow ( speechless )

look at all the addons for fs2004 now? i used to play fs2004 a while back, but then i just stopped all of those addons, i downloaded!! this is like a new game, im gonna install these tommorow, but they look damn good! i thought fs2004 would have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
Dorianee

fs9 keeps crashing

everytime i put fs in full screen mode it crashes....sometimes within a few seconds or several minutes.....but how do i keep this from happening?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
jpalmer2004

DFW Air TRaffic control

I just wanted to post an interesting news clip i saw last nite on the news here in Dallas.... Appearantly the DFW Air Traffic control has been blaming pilots for errors the ATC is causing (not giving correct altitudes, headings and not answering pilot ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Dorianee

fs2002 or 2004 realism

when i say realism i dont mean like the fact that fs2004 is "prettier" than 2002.....i mean like as far as navigation and how things like weather affect the aircraft.....wich is better....or are they equal?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
renesis

Screen Flicker - any known cure?

Hi all, I'm running a new brand new machine (core 2 6600) with 1024mb memory and an X1950XT graphics card. Generally, this lot gives me a framerate of around 40 fps in my config. However, there is an annoying screen "flicker" which is present at all (a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
acepilot32

60fps

i got continous 60fps in highly populated city scenery whith untra high quality...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
dave41

Radio bearings in Grumman Goose

When I select a flight on the Grumman Goose I am told in one instance to fly on a heading until I pick up Baku NBD or another until I pick up Cuban HBD 380 What does this mean...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
rowcoach

FS Passengers - wrong aurthorization

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this, but I am having a problem running FS Passenger. After purchasing the unlocked version I am able to start a flight no problem, but as soon as I get on the taxiway, I get a message saying that I have the w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Dorianee

is my pc good enough to run fs2004 at full graphics?

Processor: Intel Pentium III 499MHz Graphics Card: NVIDIA RIVA TNT Memory: 384MB ??????? or do i need a serious upgrade?............if its not good enough for 2004 are those specs good enough for 2002?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dorianee on
acepilot32

can someone find me an airstrip please

hi im looking for a remote airstrip thats hidden away in a mountain range flooded by trees possibly in america it would also be nice if it had a lake near by if not its ok id appreciate if someone could help me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
rickypig112

Boeing 777-200/300

Hi Guys. Well i have downloaded numerous 777's from meljet, i have found when landing the wings shidder a lot, i am not sure if anyone else has had this problem or if it is just me?? Does anyone know of a good realistic 777 add on for fs9???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rickypig112 on
jpalmer2004

Thinking about X Plane

Hey guys, I was just browsing around lookin at sim stuff and came across X-plane.....I've never heard of it, guess im all into Flight simulator...the only other simulator that i've tried outside of FS was propilot....... I was just wondering if any ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jpalmer2004 on
Vin4evr

descent Rate

hey Folks ! Does anyone know how to calculate the descent rate? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
teenflon5 on
veshagoo

Meljet 777-200 lr manual

anyone know of a meljet 777-200 LR manual....looked all over tried meljet, avsim and others no luck...i cant seem to get the radio to work..i cant find a throttle quadrant..great airplane though..thanks in advance for any help..rgds ken...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
veshagoo on
Dorianee

my new joy stick

i just got a new joystick last nite....and i started flying with fs.........im starting o get anoyed......ie been playing fs2004 for over a year with the keyboard and ive become an "expert" at it......now with the joystick.....its very hard to control the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fredericia01 on
Page 14 of 111