Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

rowcoach

FSUIPC.dll error

Hello, During a download, I seem to have messed up my FSUIPC.dll file. Now, when I start FS2004 I get a message saying that the FSUIPC version I have is not compatible with FS9. Is there some where I can find the correct version of FSUIPC, or do I have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
Aldeeb

Flying helicopters

I use a Cyborg Evo Force joystick which is no problem with fixed wing aircraft but I experience considerable difficulty in trying to control a helicopter. Am I expecting too much from a single control that combines the Collective/Cyclic/Antitorque all on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
johnhuk

FS2004 & Vista?

Hey all 😀 Just got a quick question for anyone who can help me out here.. Just bought a new PC, which is running Vista Home Premium (i believe it's the 32-bit one!) and has a Radeon X1650 SE Video Card fitted. It's a dual core Pentium (i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
johnhuk on
ZAY

[ Poll ] Preety good

I really like flight sim 2004 and 2000!whoever dosent like flight sim 2000 u are not my friend any more and iam serois!by then!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Macimate

Messed up water textures huuuge problem please help!

Hey guys, I somehow managed to :censored: up my water textures big time, i think i installed too much different water crap! Now it looks dead, no waves, doesnt move, :censored: dark, actually it looks like terrain thats dark blue. And no download...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Macimate on
Macimate

Jeppesen simcharts problem! please help

I have a problem in simviewer. Everytime i choose anything from the chartlist nothing happens it just gives me a blank list when i for example press "vor rw 05" this problem only started today, anyone have a solution?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
mossy

Ultimate terrain europe compatibility

I am considering buying UT europe, but I am worried as it is quite a lot of money for a broke 14 year old, and I wondered if anyone could answer these questions: Is it a good add on in general? Is it worth the money? Will it hit my fps hard? W...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
joscarcal

FS9 continues to crash!

Hi everyone, Can someone please help me?? FS9 is turning me mad, it keeps on crashing in the middle of every flight and it returns my computer to the desktop. Because of this issue I cannot do a single flight completely. I read about other people wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Cheeks

Traffic lineups

Is there a download that causes traffic to not dissapear after waiting for a while. When it happens it really pisses me off, it's so unrealistic and I love traffic hold-ups. Any help appreciated 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
mschaeffer99

Does FS 2004 have an issue with Windows Vista?

For the first time I decided to install fs 2004 using a vista based system. And for some strange reason I'm having problems with the display. Like for example, if I go to spot plane view, it doesn't show the outside of the plane. Instead it still looks li...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
morris91

FS2004 Pics button?

Yer hi can someone please tell me what button it is to take a pic on FS2004. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
morris91

FS2004 View

Hi i uninstalled my FSX the other day and i thought before i reinstalled it il give FS9 another go well to be honest i might stay with FS9 and plus i got a better computer to play FSX with and now my FS9 works even better that i last used due to my new co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
CaptainDale

Moving Gates and Stairs (Ground operatons) How?

Hi There. I am really puzzled as to how I can add moving gates and stairs and basic grounds operations such as little men and vechiles without having to pay overdue amounts of money such as $38 a time just for something simple. Does anyone know of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
xfspazx

Error codes 1335 and 2350

Can someone help me with installiing Flight Sim X? I keep getting error codes. 1335 and 2350. I was able to install Flt Sim2004 without any problems, but when I try to install X, it gets to a certain point and then stops....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
djcevera

loading flight plan into gps or fmc

hello i was wondering if i make a flight plane using the fs2004 flight plan how do i import it into my gps or pmdg fmc?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
coolcatkelso

Fs2004 Failures

Hiya Never tried out any failures yet but was wondering if anyone has or knows off a basic Emgergency Handbook / Help guide to failures ie - Engine Failures (What to do) Gear Failure etc etc Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
brown_257

ILS Landing Runway Approach in FS2004

On Flight Sim 2004, how do you set it up to do an ILS landing so that the plain is level with the runway on aproach. Do you do this when you make the flight plan. This would make the approach easy, although i have master the manual one know, after alot of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
waj2306

File Cleanup Utility?

I have been using a great Guage cleanup tool for a long time. I was curious if there is/are any Sound/Effects ect. utilities out there that can clean these file of unused items? If not, what do most of ya'll do to clean these files out with? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Karlw

Please help active camera 2004

I just reinstalled active camera 2004 registered it and set all the keys but whenever I try to walk around or toggle the external view it doest do anything I set my step left to num 4 and whenever I press that in the vc it looks left but the camera stays ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
mossy

FS repaint troubles

I have recently downloaded GIMP (an open source alternative to photoshop) and I wanted fs repaint to use it instead of the inbuild editor. After a long time looking I finally found the .exe file needed to tell fs repaint to run it, and tried to edit an ai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
stocz2

How to save a payware AC

Hello everyone, I just purchased a couple of payware AC's. I got the download versions. I was wondering how i can save them onto a CD. I'm not sure if i should save them before i extract the files, or after extracting files. How would be the best way ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stocz2 on
JVD

Aerosoft AES

Just dowloaded the Aerosoft AES demo and now I'm a bit stuck. I'm looking for the passengers that aerosoft puts in their adverts of the product. I've parked at ramps got the airstairs and hoped I would see passengers boarding or de-boarding when I asked t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Brook

Aileron Trim

Will aileron trim counter a roll to the right while cruising? And how do I employ it? I've tried the default key commands and tried re-assigned key commands but I can't detect any change in aircraft attitude when I do. Anyone know if aileron trim act...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brook on
Simmy

Starting FS 2004 without using disc 4

Some time ago someone posted a method of starting FS 2004 without inserting disc 4. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I have lost all my downloads etc. Can anyone help please? Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Brook

Keyboarding the Radios?

Is there a way to operate the radio/nav stack from the keyboard rather than going to the mouse? I have my right hand on the joystick and to manually operate the radios i have to come off the stick and grab the mouse. Also is there a quicker method...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djcevera on
Mc_GaNgStA

PMDG FMC Issue.

I'm having a problem with using the FMC during the last few stages of the flight. This is what I do usually. 1. Input flight details such as airport Origin and Destination. 2. Input weight and flap details. 3. Set departure runway. 4. Choose correct s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
fupi

Figuring out how to start flight with no engines

Is there a way to start a flight with the engines off? I haven't been able to figure that out....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mossy

Turn to left on taxi

Ok this is something that has been happening for a while: Whenever I taxi, the plane will turn slightly to the left. I use the rudder to correct it and I manage ok, but it looks messy. It is especcially irritating when I am taking off because it means tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
thunderbird522

[ Poll ] Kittyhawk Airplanes!!

I recently downloaded the Kittyhawk 737NG series and I am impressed!!! I would download it over the posky any day. It is more manuverable and the autobrakes actually work! The only thing I have against it is that the winglets are a little out of porpor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fupi on
thunderbird522

Rank shown

Hi all, I work for UPSVAC as a captain. On the flyaway fourms, I show up as a trainee. Does anyone know if I can change that? Thanks, thunderbird522 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Brook

Lear Jet DME

Can't seem to locate the DME readout on the FS9 Learjet...any advice?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
fupi

Airport Scenery

Is ther a download that will let you enhance airports already on the game. I would like to have jetways and all that at some of my favorite airports.(Denver) If you could reply, that would be awesom...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
djcevera

What are virtual airlines and how to join them?

could someone please point me in the direction of some information on what exactly virtual airlines are and how to go about joining one thanks for any help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djcevera on
renesis

FS9 and changing AIRAC world data

Hi, I have updated the AIRAC data of LDS and PMDG and notice that there are now discrepancies between FS9 data and the latest AIRAC data largely due to changes in magnetic variation. For example, Manchester (EGCC) used to have runways 24L and 24R but n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
DJNocturnal

question about fs2004 on vista

i am running fs2004 on vista and it plays just fine, the only problem i am having is that i can only play in full screen mode, if i try to play with the menu bar on the top, the screen freezes untill i change it back. i ran this on xp and it worked just f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thunderbird522 on
Brook

Steering Problem after Autopilot shutoff

Hi all..been awhile... I'm having a problem in which i have a hard pull to the right in steering after shutting off the A/P (usually following a long time on the A/P) Tried calibrating joystick when it happens--no improvement. Anybody familiar w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thunderbird522 on
Jive1

Exclude/Flatten files in scenery.cfg

Hey! I have a question on scenery.cfg file..... I designed a douzen of heliports within a not too wide area., and I collected them all in one folder, so as to activate this complete folder in one single in my scenery.cfg It happens now that some of th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mossy

GA aircraft

Can anyone reccomend any really good free or payware GA aircraft for fs9? Thankyou in advance for your help, Mossy....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chlorinekid on
rblair

how do i get the fs2004 jetways to move?

how do i get the fs9 jetways to move ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thunderbird522 on
rickypig112

777 add on for fs9

Does anyone know of a good 777 add on WITH wing view??? i have downloaded 777's but find theres always a glitch with the wings upon landing. happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
jpalmer2004

Sweet Russian Fighter

Hey Guys, Been awhile sense i've posted here......Not gonna re install FS until i get a better drive and graphics card....... I heard on the radio about a New Russian Aircraft called the SU-37........ That fighter can do some crazy stuff!! Here is a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jpalmer2004 on
dgsmith37

Change Default Mini Window Instruments

Is there a way to change the default instruments display, when you are on short final in very bad weather and you push "W" to display just certain instrunemts? I would like to move the Attitude Indicator to the left replacing the Turn & Bank. Plus move th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dgsmith37 on
Brook

ILS - Mooney Bravo

I can't seem to locate my glideslope indicator when tuned to the ILS. I have tuned both VOR's to the proper frequency and get nothing. Am I missing something?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
DECK

Carrier Ops

Help Having problems getting Carrier Ops to work, does not seem to be any install instructions. Have Copied all folders to the relevant folders in Flight Sim but no joy. Regards Deck...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Flybud

Off course by 4 deg

Hello all, 😀 Only 4wks into FS2004 and while using FSRadar Contact iv`e came across a problem with the aircraft headings being 4deg out and i suspect the altitude is way out too. I was hoping someone might shed some light on the problem as i`...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flybud on
mossy

fitting a new power supply

I wondered if anyone here knows how easy it is to fit a new power supply. Looking on amazon I see that I can get a basic 600watt one for around £25. Will this be ok or should I spend more? Also, will it fit and be ok with my system, or are only certian o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
SpiderWings

Falling Brick Video

As some of you might know, I've been training (sim for about a month now) to land the space shuttle in preparation for the next leg in my quest to complete all the FS9 historic flights with transition flights between them. I use my oldest yet-be-flow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rich999

Unable to see any cockpits!!!!!

Flightsim was working ok till yesterday, aircraft load ok however no cockpits, in cockpit view where there should be instruments etc its just a back lower half, rest of the views are ok, if i press the alt key then the cockpit becomes visible!!!, left mou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rich999 on
silverbullet_moviemagnet

Scenery.conf error remote path area - help me please?

Just bought a new pc with operative system windows vista....pc is great and i did mannage to fly my fs9 on it. but for some reason now when i start my fs9 it shows the error scenery.conf error remote path area.038 i did unistall it several times and re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
silverbullet_moviemagnet on
acepilot32

flight deck 4 help

can someone help me? ok i got fd4 i love it and had it for a long time but i realised that the things that come up to block the jet blast behind the catapults dont open but they open on the previous versions flight deck`s series or atleast fd3 because ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Page 14 of 111