Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

eyton402

AI aircraft: What does AI stand for?

What does the AI stand for in relation to AI aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eyton402 on
eyton402

Payware

Does anyone know the IG FLY payware site? I am just wondering if it is reputable Any information would be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
renesis

Saving aircraft folder for reinstallation later?

Hi, Like probably many of you, my aircraft folder is massive with add-on's and AI aircraft. But, recently I had a problem with my computer which required a complete reinstallation of windows xp. With this I lost all of my meticulous fs work. I'm pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
luigi_m_

Buying a new computer - which graphics card? ATI vs nVidia

I'm choosing a new computer between two, both very similar specs (dual-core 5,200 mhz, 4 GB DDR2, 300GB+), however, one has an ATI HD 2400 1GB, the other a nVidia 8600 GT. I don't know much about graphics cards (or computers), but both are Direct X10. I'm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
scab12

Camera

I was watching some youtube videos to get some ideas for aircraft to get when I started to wounder. Most of these videos utilize the camera in ways I've never seen. They look like they are doing a walk around and then hop into the cockpit. Here is a vi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
eyton402

Computer requirements for FS9

I have often wondered if I have enough hardware for FS9 Windows XP AMD Athlon 64 Processor 2800+ 1.80 Ghz, 1.00GB RAM NVIDIA Ge Force 7300 GT Can I improve? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
mustangpilot

Alt not set. press B querie

Hi When i go fly i get a window pop up saying that the alt guage is incorrectly set and to rectify this press:B I press B in upper and lower case and nothing happens, the window keeps poping up. How do i fix this? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
renesis

ATC add-on - such a thing?

Hi, Is there such a thing as an ATC add-on, payware or otherwise, to improve on the standard FS9 ATC. I, like many other I'm sure, use the ATC to increase the realism but I have to say that the "service" is pretty basic although it is vastly incre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
djcevera

moving jetways

i know this has probably been asked a thousand times but was wondering if anyone has developed an add on payware or free that would make some jetways move in fs9.. just a note i already have the bostonv2 and eddw addons installed...didnt know if something...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
mustangpilot

Engines off/on

Can you stop the engines on the installed FS9 aircraft? I have a sheet with all the short cuts and it says to cut throttle is F1 but it doesn't work. I start at the end of the runway if that makes a difference. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
acepilot32

fs2004 problem

hey FS2004 isnt reading my keystrokes on my keyboard like ill press l to turn on all the lights on the aircraft but it wont work all of the buttons on my keyboard dont work when i run fs. now I have my new X52 flight control system and it worked fine when...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
scab12

Crash

I'm looking for a good crash effect generator for fs2004. I don't just want to see the word "crash" when I hit a building or some AI traffic. I want to see a wing fly off or a tail rudder break off. 🙂 Don't get me wrong, I fly like I'm in the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
scab12

Need extreme help

O.K. Here's the deal. I have the abacus Flight Deck 5 for fs2004. I was satisfied with the carrier and aircraft preformance but the V.C.s where a bit cheap and I expected more. Other than that I was fairly satisfied with the aircraft carriers preformace...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
sonicninja

sonics return

Ahoy there 😀 A big hello to all those that remember me from a couple of years ago before I hung up my flying gear. Ive just returned from a long posting oversea's mainly working in Oman and Iraq.(im serving in the Royal Navy) While I was awa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Pappy55

Control axis problems...

My last few weeks with fs have made me want to kill babies (not litrally). After HOURS of screwing about with settings i have finally got my throttle quadrent to work with reversers YAY! BUT... now for some reason i have no control what so ever over...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pappy55 on
eyton402

Freeware verses Payware

I have often wondered how much better payware aircraft are than freebies. By and large I have found that freebies are quite good. Im not sure I know the difference, in a technical sense. Is there one? Any comments are welcomed....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
mustangpilot

Back from the dead!

Hi All My old Dell pc fell over and so was put to one side over a year ago and i was bought a laptop to replace it which was far too cr*p to run anything decent hencs not using FS since then, anyhoo recently i managed to resurect my PC but after lookin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
tiger7881

Antialiasin problem.

well first of all, i am back !!!!!!!! ....ok, now about the problem. I just installed fs2004, deleted FSX, and downloaded all the updaates. When i go to nvidia, in control panel to set my AA, it doesnt work in the game, i tried to use the anti aliasing th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
djcevera

logbook software

is there a payware or freeware program out there that automaticly records flight data such as flight time, miles traveled and i know im pushing it but touch down speed. and keeps it in a logbook of sorts?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
djcevera

tcas

hello im looking for a tcas program that works with vatsim and squakbox3 i do not believe the one that comes with ultimate traffic works with the vatzim community....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djcevera on
effieveda

XGraphics for FS9 (FS2004)?

Anyone know of an equivalent to XGraphics for FS9? Since switching over from FSX my frame rate has jumped from fifteen to sixty, so I guess I could endure a slight FPS hit. 🙂 Thanks in advance ... Art...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Jammer

fs2004 and fsx

Hello, first let me say that this website and you guys are great! I'm new to flight sims and thanks to ya'll I have fsx up and running with no problems. I'm thinking that I should have fs2004. It seems that there are more add-ons etc available for fs20...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scab12 on
SpiderWings

FS9 World Map

Have you ever wished you could see more of the world map than the map utility shows at a time? Some time ago I made a whole world composite from the utility and just today cleaned it up. Here is an 800X600 jpeg version. https://forum.flyawaysimulatio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
veshagoo

no sids

hi.. i have levle d 767-300....i have no sids. i went to navdata.at and downloaded the all in one for the level d 767. i have stars but no sids. the package was supposed to be sids and stars but somehow i only got the stars..i downloaded it twice and st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
veshagoo on
coolcatkelso

Print Navlog

Hiya Just installed FS2004 as a clean install and everything is working and flying perfectly 😀 however, one small problem is that I can't print out a Navlog. I can print from everything else like the learning centre etc but just not a navlog...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Cheeks

Custom AI Traffic

There is only one thing I have to learn how to do in FS2004 now. HOW TO CREATE CUSTOM AI TRAFFIC ❗ I want to make some retro AI traffic of Air Florida. I have the aircraft files and I have the flightplans. I am stuck what to do now. Does an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
waj2306

Replacing an AI Aircraft

I have downloaded a fantastic Area 51 package. The package is self-installing. The problem is, it contains a JANET 737-400. The actual JANET Airlines only has 737-200 and one 737-275. I want to replace the current AI A'C 737-400 with the AI Aardvark 7...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
jeffb57

757 FMC Freeware

Good day: I am looking for a 757 panel that includes a FMC. Could anyone direct me to one other than the Lonny Payne 757 panel? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
eyton402

Backcourse

Could someone explain the function of the Backcourse option? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eyton402 on
jimthomasjohnston

Best Graphics Card for 2004

Good Day, I am looking at upgrading my machine from AGP to PCIExpress...what would be the absolute best graphics card to get for FS2004? I am currently running a Nvidia 6800OC and get good frame rates until active sky kicks in with any type of heavy c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
scab12

Carrier

Is there a good carrier with working elevators. It can be free or paywere Thanks guys. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
JarJarBinks

FSUIPC

has anyone ever heard of FSUIPC? i d/loaded a few over hovercontrols fire hawks and it said that they require FSUIPC to fully function. any help as to what it is, how it works, and where i can d/load it is much appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
golmax

Greetings

Hello everyone, My name is Ron, I go by Golmax in the online world. I'm a dad of 2 young kids i work full time and then some and i love to play games. Ive played all types of games from First person shooter, massive multiplayer online, and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
burton

Various AI, skins, etc...

I was wondering if there are some good free AI programs out there, also, I see most people have skins, such as AA, USAir, etc. Does this go by the repaints you have in your aircraft folder? I'm really looking to get into flying to my planned places in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
burton on
burton

FlightDeck4 Carrier Elevator

I was wondering if this did work? I've been taxiing around all day but it doesn't seem to go down at all...is there a button you press? Any help would be nice! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
eyton402

Tupolev Download

I have tried to download a Tupolev TU-154B2, V9.5.2 on many occasions from different sites but have never been able to start the engines. I am wondering if it is a fault with the download files or my computer. I have not problem with other downloads,, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
djjazzj

Flight Sim Server

Hi guys a few questions to ask... I want to start a flight server which members have to login to connect and i create the login and username.... also, i want it to log time automatically and display on my site... how do i do this? Thanks all!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
eyton402

Google Earth Flight Simulator

I recently came across this site which boasts a flight simulator within Google Earth. I tried to open it but with no luck. Just didnt respond when I followed the instructions. Anyway if anyone is interested, the site is http://www.techcrunch.com. It l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

what do i do to stop this from happening again?

Do you use a crack ❓ PS: 10/10 for the picture, a shame for the crash 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
erboothe

Aerosoft F-16 Fighting Falcon for FS-2004

Does anyone know where I can purchase Aerosoft F-16 Fighting Falcon for FS-2004? I understand that the new one they are coming out with is only for FSX....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
erboothe on
sunsetvair

WINGS?? idk lol

what are the things that come up after landings on a B 737 and others?? there on the wings and as soon as you touch down the flop open...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Welshflyer

Fuel used

Good evening gentlemen 😀 , i was just wondering if anyone knew of a utility that gives you the fuel used from startup to shutdown rather than using the kneeboard estimate? Thanks 🙂 ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
waj2306

Fuel Weight?

What is the fuel weight for JET A? I see that in the different FDE's for the same aircraft, Default 747-400=6.6016 vs MELJET 747-400=6.7109, the pounds are different. Should that number be a constant per ALL jets?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
waj2306

AIRFILE Utility

Ok guys and gals, When my HDD took a powder, I lose a lot of utilities that I liked. One that I cannot find is an AIRFILE UTILITY. If eveyone was to give me a list of all the AIRFILE Utilities they know of, I can sift through and find the exact one. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

next payware addon?

Hmmm I say FS Passengers, was thinking of active camera but you already have some good views now you can wait a little longer. I mean you dont have passengers to grade your flight - I think thats what it does....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyboy92 on
waj2306

Removing Default AI Traffic

I did this many moons ago! How do you remove the Default AI Traffic? Thanks Bill...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Karlw

pmdg 747 airspeed setting help please

I can change the altitude baro to read the correct alt but how do I do this with air speed indicator whenever I have the auto pilot set it read 10 knots less then it is and that lead me to be flying at 102% rpm threwout the flight. Please help Che...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
TimePilot

FS2004 Boeing F/A-18 download

Hi All: I am looking for a download for the full FS2004 Boeing F/A-18 aircraft. I can only find paint schemes etc. Does anyone know the URL for the download of the full meal deal? Thanks in advance! Time Pilot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
rickypig112

A300-600

HI EVERYONE CAN CAN OF YOU RECCOMEND A GOOD SOUND SET FOR THE AIRBUS A300-600. WITH SOME NICE SPOOL UP SOUNDS. HAPPY FLYING...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Cheeks

Light Beam

Is there a way to get that light beam affect that is in FSX for FS2004, for example, in my signature 😉 I will accept payware or freeware Cheeks 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Page 11 of 111