Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Oogly50

How do I start at a gate?

😕 I cant' seem to start at a gate... I've looked in all settings, tried all planes, and nothing. I jsut start on the runway... but I want to taxi and do all that crap... do I need to download any software or anything?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
M15A on

elevator trim isnt working

i mean i cant adjust it! i tried using the mouse, the 1 and 7 buttons, and the buttons on my joystick. it doesnt move. and its stuck at full up. so to fly level i have to hold almost full forward stick. i tried rebooting, and re-installing the game,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Marie on
chocapeak

wilco A380 add on for fsx? does it work

i would like to know if the wilco A380 add on works on fsx? and how?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
crosscheck9

i think these planes are underpowered

Hi, I have been downloading a few airbuses lately, but they all seem REALLY underpowered. I just got an a321 and it was set at 31,000lbs of thrust, but i adjusted that to 40,000. At intial climb, I set the IAS to 260 KTS, but at 20,000ft, it started...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
jfmitch1716

AirEd

Have tried to edit the oil pressure in the air file on an aircraft with AirEd but even after I save it - bang its back to the original numbers. Never had this problem before. Any suggestions appreciated. The numbers for the oil pressure are only ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jfmitch1716 on

Low fps

Hey, I was wondering if you know what sort of fps I should be getting? I have: 7800GT 512 450Mhz 2GIG of ram 250GIG Hard Drive AMD 4400 64 *2 Abit ANV-8 mobo Any tips on what settings are a killer to fps? I get between 30-40. I think I should g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wombat457 on
mossy

Cargo Pilot transfer

I have ordered a new computer, and I wondered if there was anyway I could transfer cargo pilot to my new pc without buying it again. Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
downside up

And I thought the PASSENGERS were Idiots!!

If anybody told me this ...I swear....I'd think they were making it UP!! After hauling my pitful(ly LARGE)BUTT in a coach seat across the flappin' continent to JFK yesterday....all I want DESPERATELY to do is get OFF of this aluminium TUBE and go have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
maxboost7

On the way to Inchoen Int. from O'hare.. Werid rainbow cloud

In the half way to Inchoen Int. from O'hare.. about 40,000 ft... Some werid rainbow (changing color) clouds suddenly showwed up.. any idea??? Color changes very rapidy.. sometimes it disappear then show up again.. Is this natural effect or game bug?? t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
N915CP

Hello flight fans and fellow pilots. This site is pretty cool. I have many neat planes and extra scenery downloaded to my computer for FS 2004. I am having a few problems though. Some of the files don't work, no matter what I do to put them on my system t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
djcevera

fscrew2 and fspassengers

are these two programs the same or are they different. i currently have and enjoy fspassengers should i purchase fs crew and if so can i run the two of them at the same time..oh yeah i just purchased radar contact also. thanks for any input....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Jamie4590

VOR Question

Is it possible when plotting a course to determine when the VOR will be recieved by the aircraft en route? In other words can I determine that VOR B will come to life, for example, when I am 10nm from VOR A? I have been ploting courses using VOR's i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
oxman

real world weather and active runway selection

When I fly and change the weather to real world, the active runway doesn't change. For example, the active will be 6 but the winds are 334 at 16. I'll ask for a 33 app. but will get a circle to land command for 6. Does anyone know how to fix this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oxman on
M15A

Touch & Go

Hey everyone, After doing the traffic pattern lesson in FS2004 I was wondering....The traffic pattern hight is set at 1500 ft in the lesson. This means you have to descent earlier, make the turn to crosswind leg while the airplane is still climbing, et...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
BLUEDEVIL

System Failures in FS2004

Somehow have turned on an electrical system failure and can't get it turned off/repaired. All indicators look like it shouldn't be there. Think it might have come from trying to fly one of the older planes. Have tried uninstalling and reloading the FS, bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BLUEDEVIL on
robbier

Auto Screen Recorder 2 Help

Hey guys, I have been having trouble with Auto Screen Recorder 2 free version. Auto Screen Recorder 2 Free is at http://www.wisdom-soft.com/downloads/downloadfiles.htm, and scroll down until you get to the section labeled "Help Files and Free Programs ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robbier on
dannyboy2005

What do you use to Design/ Edit Airports?

Hi, I want to edit (modify) an airport, and maybe design one. What programe should i use? Ta!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
dannyboy2005

Ultimate Traffic - TCAS

I have purchased Ultimate Traffic, because Traffic 2005 was Sooooooooooooo Unreal. One of the reason's i purshased UT is because it has TCAS (Something i'v been wanting for a while). I have installed it to the aircrafts using the UT gauge installer but du...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
to_coolguys

PMDG 747 TRC Course 4 problems

Hi Guys, I am practising the PMDG type rating course 4..I have never faced this problem before..Here are the steps that i follow: 1) Select Clb-2 for the climb thrust in the FMC. 2) Set brakes to RTO 3) Bring up thrust to 70% 4) Hit TOGA. 5) At ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
wingsnbcusa

Need Help Adding AI Helicopters to Flight Sim

Ok so I know how to add flights useing airplans and ttools, but when I try to use a helicopter it never works. any advise? Thanks Scott...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CAFedm on
wingsnbcusa

Look for Van Nuys Airport Scenery with Santina Air

Does anyone know where I can find Van Nuys Airport with the Santina Air Hangor? Thanks Scott...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
leachus2002

Engine Start Sequence on PMDG 737

Hi peeps, I am really loving my PMDG 737-700 which I am flying with Easyjet colours, but i am having a few problems when it comes to starting the engines. I have the APU running ok, everything seams fine, but when I stick the ignition switch to both an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
dannyboy2005

fs9.cfg

Hi. I want to edit some code in the fs9.cfg but the problem is i cant find it in my M$ F$ main folder....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
tiger7881

Download for Active Camera?

Hey can you guys help me to find where I can download the Active Camera, because I am kinda boored with the regular views in FS2004. Thanks in advance. Tiger...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
dannyboy2005

ATC upgrade

Is there any thing out there that will improve my ATC, make it more real? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
dannyboy2005

GPS Weather Radar

Is there a download that i can get the weather shown om my GPS, Just like they do in real life. Does FSX have this feature? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
lowensteinbs

Freeware Jetways for FS2004?

Does anyone know of any site that has freeware Jetways? After creating a Flight Plan with Route Finder, I would like to actually see the flight plotted on Jetways. Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lowensteinbs on
ronarm

FS2004 no CD patch

😞 Just got the FS2004 no-CD patch installed. Still ask for disk 4. Any suggestions? Ron...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bilbobaker

XFX geforce 6200 drivers

I just upgraded my video card drivers to the newest offering from nVidia and now all my planes are pink on the outside view in FS 2004 In FSX the native airplanes work fine but all the ones I imported from FS9 are pink too. Is there a setting that will...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
dannyboy2005

ATC - Telling me to descend to earlie?

When flying an IFR, ATC tell me "DY478, You are 69miles, turn right heading 58, descend and maintain Fl10, Expect vectors for r/w 27L" I descend to this flight level using the default descent rate, -1800fpm. I soon descend to my current level. The atc tel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
dougjc

default FS2004 radio - need help using it.

I've had FS2004 for about 4 weeks now and I'm not sure what the various buttons on the default comm/nav radio stack are (on the 172, mooney, etc) Are there any good instructions on its use? For example, buttons HD, APG, NAV, APR, REV, ALT, BFO, IDT.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
dannyboy2005

3D grass.

I have seen a screen shot, NOT Edited. that has 3d grass, Its not flat like the default fs grass, this, you can actually see the grass. I hear that its an add-on for fs, its freewear but cant find it any where. Help (I'll try and find the S/S to show y...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on

Beechcraft 350

Hi, i have a question about the beechcraft king air 350 default aircraft in fs9. The vref chart tells me that i should be lading at 109 kias. i use the autopilot till the last 100 feet and then land it. however when as i approach i slowly decrease the spe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
dannyboy2005

Reverse Thrust during flight?

Is it possible to do reverse thrust during the descent to slow you downin fs2004? When i was going to Brazil, Salvador in a 767-300 the pilot reversed thrust to slow us down, Why cant you do this in fs2004? (I press and hold F2). Is there a line that i ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on

View change crashes

Hi Everyone, I am having difficulties with FS X, abouut 20 mins into flight when I change the view from outside spot back to cockpit the computer goes to blue screen and restarts my computer. it only happens when I change views. I have tried reinstalling ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jcmarathon

ActiveSky Weather

While running ActiveSky weather my computer crashes from time to time. It does it while it is checking for updates. My computer is very powerful so I am sure that is not the problem. Are there ports I need to open in my router? Please help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
Karlw

Taxiing harder in real life

I just flew a real plane for the first time yesterday an intro to my flight lessons I have all the books and what not my instructer let me taxi and oh boy its not like it is in the simulator its much much harder (Or I was nervous) ;) but That should be im...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
dannyboy2005

Real Life - 767-300 Smoke in Cabin

I just arrived back today from sunny Brazil after a 2 week holiday. I was squashed in a My Travel 767-300 plane for 10 hour flight from Salavdor (SBSV) -> Gatwick (EGKK). When we took off from Salavdor at about 8PM (Brazil Time)the pilot turned on the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Guest Ed

Flight of the Vin Fiz 2006

Hi all, I just finished a trip across the USA, recreating the 1911 flight by Calbraith Rodgers, the first successful flight all the way across the US. Rodgers did it in a Wright EX biplane, but lacking that, I flew it in a Piper Cub. This is one of t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Karlw

well some good news about the c-130 and fsx (captain sim)

it seems that most of their planes should be updated for free including the c-130 mabye not the 727 but most definatly the c-130 as the 757 is going to be updated for fsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lunkan78 on
dannyboy2005

Will a AMD Athlon 64 X2 work with ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mother

Hello I am going to build a new system and i was wondering if i could use AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Dual Core) with ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard. A Friend of mine rekons you can, but it dosn't say anything on the box or manual that you can use a Dual Core P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
bloodstaindtears

how do i calibrate the old xbox controllers?

i was wondering if anyone here knows how to fix/calibrate the old xbox controllers because mine is stuck in scrolling up....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
Murdock

Start With Engine OFF

Hi Can anyone tell me why every time I go to fly a plane the engine is always running ? I have started from Gates/Ramps/Runway and they are always running. 🙄 Is there a way of starting with them off ❓ cheers Mark...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on

joystick assignment suggestions

Hello, i have owned this game for a year and had a saitek x45 controller that my uncle, who is a whiz at this game, set up perfectly. The assigments were just fine, but that joystick broke after falling. I received a Saitek x52 for christmas, and have ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
crokone

converting recorded fs 2004 video files to windows movie mak

i recorded sum video clips while playing flight simulator 2004 but i just cant seem to get them to be converted into windows media player. movie maker, real one etc. how do i do this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Prozac919

Who uses FS for real world instrument flying practice?

Just curious. I purchased FS as a way to keep up with my instrument flying skills while I finished my last year and a half in the military flying a desk. Are there many other folks who use this to help with instrument proficiency or are most casual game...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
to_coolguys

Bloody Beginners guide to Realistic Flight simulation

hi guys, found this guide on avsim..Check this out.. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=94760...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
garye

Flight Simulator 2004 - Compatible Joysticks

Hi Wonder if anyone can help - I bought my son the above game, and got the Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro Plus joystick which I had to also buy the gameport to USB interface. The Joystick does not work with this interface. Does anyone know is there ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Karlw

omg read everyone im so happy ican't belive my eyes!!!!

I got fsx bikes etc but my favorite gift came in a box with a thin peice of paper on it oened it to a black folder once I fliped it over it said FLIGHT SCHOOL yes im so ahppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 😀 😳 😳 😳 ㈳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Spam3d

Sid/Stars

yo all, in having some trouble selecting correct stars for my fmc when im programming it..how do i select an adequate sid that takes the most direct route from the airport to your next waypoint, i dont fly online so i dont recive the sid's. Im just curiou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Page 20 of 101