Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

toffaha

I want to learn to FLY!

Dear All, I know nothing about how to fly a plane. I am very much interested to learn how. What is the easiest way to do that? Thank you. Is there a book or a software to download so it can teach you how to fly a plane !!?? Adnan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dme43

How do we get the runaway end lights ect?

hey everyone, just wondering, where can we get the runaway end lights and addons for the runaway to make it more realistic? ive already got real environment professional. thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Guest101

My old Computer!

hello! I am wondering with the specs i have for my computer, is it good enough to have descent results in fs2004 with no problems?(after some tweaks) Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ 512 mb of ram (may update to 1gb) 532 mhz FSB BFG Nividia Geforce 6200 OC 256m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stealthtemplates on
CodyH

Command problems in FS9

Hey guys, I have had this problem where my some buttons don't work (at random commands) FS. For example I can't open doors anymore by Shift + E, or start my engines by Ctrl + E. They just don't work. Also here is another wierd thing; when i press Shift...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
austin11

FS2004 Scenery Prob

While my FS2004, Installs I get this:http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8936/fs2004installsceneryproda4.png too bad ya cant repair with fs2004,well i uninstalled fs2004 a million times and it still didnt stop saying that pic,(well something like that p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
austin11 on
luigi_m_

Radio procedures for the ILS

I know how to fly an ILS, but I don't know the radio telephony and what you say at what point. Can anyone help or tell me any websites?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
luigi_m_ on
alphacharlie

how do i get the downloaded aircraft onto fs2004

hi the title speaks for itself, i have downloaded alot of aircraft, but i have no idea how to transfer the aircraft to the flight sim. can anyone help??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Justflight Traffic 2005

Hallo; I have just installed just flight traffic 2005 for fs 2004, but i am somehow dissappointed with the program...i discovered that not all airports of the world are included, which means that you will not see AI traffic at alot of small airports wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air Badger on
luigi_m_

Online flying with ATC

I have often used VatSim for flying online in the UK, but as I fly turbo props usually from smaller airports, there is sometimes not much ATC around. I was wondering if there were any other networks for flying online in the UK? I have heard of IVAO, but d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on

autolanding??

hi i've been trying to autoland some a/c on fs9 and it doesn't really work so good.. I did get it to work one time but the landing was so hard i ended up crashing and decided that i didn't want to use it after that haha. If you can help on something,ma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
Supercar1001

ntdll.dll problem, Crashing whene starting...

Hi everyone, I just reinstalled Flight Simulator 2004, and now whene I try to start it, it make an error message... AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00001010 Help please !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dudler on
graham05

teamspeak and multiplayer

hello i sthere any ways to chang your comm in the game and have teamspeak chanel???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
minicaptain on
stevie5150

Having Problems with FS2004

I picked up FS2004 the other night after reading how much better the performance was than FSX. When I first ran it, the aircraft preview panel was blacked out. I opened up in safe mode, set my settings a little lower. It began showing the planes. When...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
RichT

Thailand AI traffic

I recently found some excellent terminal, scenery and jetway airport upgrades for the 2 main airports in Bangkok, Thailand. One of the airports, Suvarnabhumi (VTBS) has been significantly upgraded from the original, which didn't even have any flight plans...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Lufthansa-pilot90

A310 Original Aircraft

hey.. Does anyone know where I can find a original model of the Airbus 310??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Vista and fs2004

Hello, I just ordered a new computer with the Windows Vista operating system. The question I have is, will fs2004 run on Windows vista? Is there anyone who is currently running fs2004 under this configuration?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
hcomspam12

Info buying an Airplane

Sorry if this is out of topic but whats the meaning of: TTAF,SMOH when real aircrafts ar listed for sale? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
By in Seattle

A330 by Just Flight

:cry: Everything was going great flying "just flights" A330 and then I started having a problem with the wheels failing to retract upon takeoff. Anyone else have this problem. And how did you solve it? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
x pilot

Project Opensky A340

hi there, anyone have the South African Airways A340 downloaded from the Project Opensky website? if you do and it works ok can you help me out please! i have downloaded it, it says copy all files into FS9 main folder. I have done that and it works fin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
longview_22

A340!!! HELP!!!

Hey there, Ok so everytime I fly either the A340 or the A340-600 it always stalls!!! I've even tried flying it on a low climb rate but still once it reaches a about 20,000 ft it begins to stall! If anyone out there knows what the prob is... I would ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
leachus2002

Where can i download new SID/STARS?

Hi, Just wondering if there is anywhere that you can download new SID/STARS for your PMDG FMC? For example, I don't currently have any information for Luton or Paris Charles De Gaulle airports. Thanks Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Overbanked on
Overbanked

Help with User Defined Waypoints

I would like to insert some Longitude/Latitude waypoints into a flight plan I found for Los Angeles Int'l to Haneda airport, Japan. The "NOPAC" track "F" looks like this: RZS LIBBO BRINY BOARS AMAKR REDWD UNVER 42N130W 48N140W 52N150W 54N160W 54N170W ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
Lukas Grossmann

Canopy glass color

Is there anyway to change the color of the canopy glass of aircraft in FS2004? Most of the free downloadable aircraft have really unnnatural blueish or grayish tone of the glass which completely changes the view throught the virtual cockpit and mostly rui...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CAFedm on
fmpjb

where's fs9.cfg?

does anyone know where i can find the fs9.cfg file if it is in its default position? thank-you 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fmpjb on
mpenziboy

A380

i thought you guys would be interested to see how the A380 was made....if you live in USA, they are showing a documentary on the A380 ON DISCOVERY TIMES right now...... :secret: they spent 365 million to build it. the interior is absolutely brilliant......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mpenziboy on
DaFirmCEO

HELP: Boeing 575-200 Radar Not Working???

Hi guys I have a bit of a odd situation, me and my brother both run FS2004 on pretty much identical systems and we recently installed the Boeing Demonstrator 575-200 aircraft on both machines from the same .ZIP file off our network share... For some st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

payware becomes freeware?

Does anybody think there will be a day when amazing payware will get old and start showing up in places like Avsim? :drool: I am also looking for a scenery of the factory where the Concorde was built....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Lukas Grossmann

Canopy glass color

Is there anyway to change the color of the canopy glass of aircraft in FS2004? Most of the free downloadable aircraft have really unnnatural blueish or grayish tone of the glass which completely changes the view throught the virtual cockpit and mostly rui...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

World airports 2

Hello. i want to buy this game, is it any good???? when it says vehicles, objects, cars, buses, service vehicles and the refueling truck etc what do they do are they jst around the plane doing nothing???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
leachus2002

Flying App using FMC

Hey Peeps, I am trying to fly my approaches using the FMC in my PMDG 737. Am i right in thinking that you need a SID/STAR to actually preform the approach? Its just that I have been trying without either a SID or STAR and although the FMC is getting...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
Leeham

system requirements????

Microsoft® Windows® 98/Me/XP/2000 PC with 450 MHz equivalent or higher processor 128 MB of system RAM for 2000/XP, 64 MB RAM for 98/Me 1.8 GB available hard disk space 4x speed or faster CD-ROM drive 8 MB video card required Sound card, speakers o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yoshimitsu99 on
mustangpilot

Ground Environment help please.

When I load the CD for Ground Environment all i get is an error message saying the following. Executable 'E:\setup.exe' has the following unrecoverable error: Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (C:\Progra-1\WifD1FN1\mpShHook.dll) Any ideas where the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
mossy

major new pc problems. your expert help is greatly requested

I finally received my new computer on sunday. I have had a few minor problems since, but nothing too bad, however now I have had a serious problem: My graphics card is a radeon x1300 series, with 512mb I was having a look at some of the screen-savers ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
loner001

Road traffic

Hi All could anyone please tell me if you can get road traffic for flight sim 2004 ie like in fx 10 thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Just Flight Traffic 2005 Vs MyTraffic2006 V4.1

I've got both these programs but i dont know which is the better of the two. I had MytrafficX for FSX but im reverting back to FS2004 as it runs at MAX. Can anyone offer any suggestions, as i only want to install it once as i am gonna have trouble tryi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Jgehret

pmgd 737 ? TO/GA switch

where is the TO/GA engage switch located on the plane i could no find it on the throttle quadrant....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
Lufthansa-pilot90

Autorudder

heey.. 😀 can anyone tell me what autorudder means/is for?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
eeks66

problems with captainsims 104

❗ Ive just down loaded captain sims F-104 and install went fine but now when I try to run my FS 2004 I get a prompt telling me I have a problem with my FSUIPC in that I don't have the correct version of FS 2004. I'm afraid I'm not very "savy." How ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Pushback not working

how do you get the push back to turn? i press shift + p then 1 or 2 on the keypad with the num lock on and nothing happens. what am i doing wrong?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Air-head

Abacus's Airbus Fleet

Got given this as a present..... Already had a few freebie Airbuses, but this package doesnt seem to bad. Virtually the whole Aribus fleet, (but not A380 for some reason) including the new A350, and A rudimentary FMC, and some verbal warnings... Do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
Phoebe

Heliports

I'm finally getting good enough to hit the spot when I land choppers. Accordingly, I went looking for a rooftop heliport to polish my act but I can't find any. I'd greatly appreciate it anyone could steer me to a heliport(s) in FS2004. If there are a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
HowardsRock

CH Yoke problem

Guys, remember this thread?? https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/25563/slooooooooowwwwwww/ Well, after HOURS of playing around with this thing, I have discovered that the slowness issue is being caused by the CH USB Yoke. When I unplug ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
lucho22

FS9 would not load up!

My FS9 doesnt want to load up, i click on the icon so i can start the sim... it sounds like it is loading and you see the Flight Simulator 2004 screen on the screen. After a while it just stops and disappears, it just doesnt want to load up. i was ok unti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
leachus2002

Problem with FSUIPC and Windows Vista

Hi Peeps, I have just installed FS2004 on my Vista machine. Everything is working surprisingly well considering - but I have a slight issue with FSUIPC. Whenever I try and load an aircraft that needs this module, Flight Sim just crashes and closes. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
bartez

GPS help!

Hi Im a complete newbie having a problem with the GPS. :cry: When I am in free flight mode and I select an airport to land at I cant activate the the landing vector thing (the little purple line that shows you which way you should be approaching t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bartez on
Simmy

Keyboard commands

Although Microsoft publish a list of commands in the manual and in the Help files I often see articles on this forum where some key board commands are quoted which I cannot find in this literature. Is there a source available for all the commands? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
Dorianee

texture sizes

i know when the size of a texture is smaller i twill give you better frame rates when you play the simulator...it wont necesarrily look better u just get better frame rates.......does microsoft give us a program so we can edit the file sizes ourselves ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dorianee on
hcomspam12

FS2004 Hardware/Graphics Setup

Ok, i want to play FS2004. I have a 2.4GHz Pentium 4, 768MB ram, and a 256MB Geforce 6600 running in AGP 4x. Will this be efficient enough to run FS2004 well? AND Any suggestions on the graphics options?? THANKS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
M15A

How do I get the Pro Pedals to work?

Hello, Just a quick question for all people out there using the CH Products Pro Pedals Gameport version: How do I get these to work?? I downloaded the drivers, plugged in the pedals to the gameport and added the hardware in the 'game controllers' pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
mpenziboy

Vatsim

hi, I am new to this forum but i had a question for those using Vatsim to fly... I tried to sign up yesterday for it but they did not accept my email. 🙄 thing is i ony have a yahoo email but they require some sort of official email. i looked for ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mpenziboy on
Page 20 of 111