Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

rickypig112

runway spray

does anyone know of an add on or download for water on the runway so during take off and landing the aircraft kicks up the water. thanks and hapy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
benbastock

what features are better is fs9

i've had 2 copies of fsx which have both broken and worked poorly on my computer anyway so i am getting fs9 which hopefully will work better what features if youve had both work better in fs9...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Flt634

Adding a Garmin GPS

I'm not up to speed on the FMC. Is there a download and a way to add the Garmin GPS to planes that do not have it? Thanks Much...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flt634 on
Cheeks

fs9 not starting

i've tried everything (except defraging which i'll try when i hae time) to get fs2004 to start. whats happening is the fs2004 icon thingy when you start it comes up then dissapears. it only started recently and i dont know what to do. im really unhappy &#...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Vin4evr

Calculating Rate of Descent on Final

Could anyone please tell me how to calculate the rate of descent on final?thanks. I forgot..Thanks in Advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
geoffwhite

Nav & Comm frequencies displayed on X52 Throttle display

Dear All I have tried in vain to search for a way to add the comms & nav frequencies to my x52 throttle display. I have tried and failed to understand the x52 profiler tool and have failed to find an adequate answer on the internet or flight sim for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
geoffwhite on
mikey39

Registration problems

Hi all I was wondering how to get a registration key for my FS2004.I bought a legitimate copy and cant find one on the box.The reason I want it is that with some add ons a pop up appears and says that something wont work with an unregistered copy.Can some...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Bran09

need help installing fs2004

look i tried to do something to my fs9 and and it got f778 up so i tryed to reinstall it and at 85% it said cannot locate tokoy. cab and then it says ignore abort or retry so i it ignore and went in flight sim and well the terrian is blue and im getting ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
Cheeks

Ttools

i dont know how to use ttools. i downloaded it and have easyjet ai files, and i go into ttools and dontknow what to do. can someone help me. cheers cheeks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AO001 on
hammerdag

Pitched up!!!

I'm flying from the Netherlands to Tokyo in my 747-400. Cruising along at 39000 feet at 486 knots---can't get the plane to go any faster than this. Anyways my plane is pitched up at 5 degrees :x ....why is it doing this? Am I doing something wrong? Also, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
n9xv

Va & Weight

Ok, I'm a numbers guy and I came across this formula for a Piper Archer. Manouvering speed (Va) for a given weight can be calculated as a % of the Va at max gross weight. Their example used 2550-Lbs for max gross weight, and 1634 for the "given" wei...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Dorianee

traffic graphics or 2002

i love fs2004 but my pc just doesnt run at a speed that i need to take advantage of the whole simulator.....when i play the game i either turn the traffic percentage to zero...and have good graphics...or have lots of traffic and no graphics....or a mix of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Aldeeb

Screen Capture

Does anyone know where I can locate a screen capture program- I had GrabClipSave but the program disappeared (don't ask how) leaving me with the desktop icon and no more. Alternatively perhaps there is a better one?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aldeeb on
dannyboy2005

Bug-Splat Pro V3.0

Hi I know theres a add-on out there called "Bug-Splat Pro V3.0" but i don't know where to find it. I've looked on AVSIM and google and no result. I'd be greatful if someone could help me out.. Thanks Dan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Pulp1

Is there any way to tweak ATC??

I am basically having problems with the ATC on FS9. I run the traffic 2005 add on at 60% traffic and when I come to a land at a major hub it is total chaos!! The other day I was landing in Miami and and the ATC sent me 150nm away from the airport be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
nottobe

how good is ATI Radeon 1300 X Pro 256 mb?

I saw it for only $79 in circuit city after rebate, so I bought it. Is it good enough? if its not I can still return it........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
AUTOpilotlll

Auto land?

hi, everyone i just wondered if the boeing 737-400 in FS9 (FS2004) can land automaticly? ❓ -Can it land on auto pilot? -how do you do it? -do i have to download it? -or do i just have to put some numbers in? please answer if you h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Sam Pears

Just bought the Saitek Aviator. Good decision?

I have just bought the Saitek Aviator for FS2004. Do you think that is a good stick to use?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Cheeks

How do you get promoted ranks?

how do u get promoted. im a trainee adn i've been here longer than others who are a higher rank than me. tell me how to get promoted 😳 \ cheeks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
plopezm

Flying at high altitudes (>FL350)

Can anyone tell me why it is virtually impossible to fly above FL350 in FS2002/2004? I know a real 747 can cruise at FL410, however, in the simulator engines lose thrust and the airplane stalls (any, not just the 747) as one tries to rise above FL350. Is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
spuddi

easter eggs

post your FS9 easter eggs here: I know of: 1 the loch ness monster (take off from inverness and head SW) 2 fireworks at midnight dec 31 2003 over any major city (change the clock back and enjoy) 3 the northern lights (aurora borealis) (up in the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on

Which Joystick is best?

Which one of these Joysticks is the best to get? I need to know fast, because I'm going to BestBuy soon to buy one. I can afford all of them. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat107700050031&type=category...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
abutz

adjusting the waiting period for ai aircraft to take off

Anybody know how to adjust the waiting period for ai craft to take off. If an ai aircraft has to wait more than five min. to take off it will just dissapear. I know the waiting period can be adjusted because I came across an article on how to do it awhile...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kieranja on
pilatflyr

Scenery.cfg and Terrain.cfgnot working

can anybody send me a new .cfg file for terrain and scenery? all o fmy stuff got screwed up and it doesn't work anymore. my email is fmxkid90@yahoo.com thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
n9xv

term "MIAS"

I know KIAS, KTAS, KCAS, MPH but what is MIAS? I encountered it on some older Piper Arrow checklist....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on
whazzah

Help on Radio

Hi every1, i want to know how to listen to the ATIS of the airport i will be landing. First, I load a flightplan. Then I have to setup my FMC for the Flightplan. I ask for taxi permission and then note down the runway i will be takin off from. My probl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on
rowcoach

Air Canada AI

I have a new respect for anyone of the groups that put together realistic flight plans for real world airlines. I spent the better part of the weekend putting together one for Air Canada. The hard part was finding all the repaints to so I could have the c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
adamdistefano11111

Odd cruise with Boeing 747-400

Hello, I love FS2004, ive been playing it alot recently, currently im doing a flight from Sydney to Frankfurt. At the moment im at 34000 and ive got it on auto pilot on, and the only way i can keep it level with the horizon is to have alot of flap.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on

Why does it do this?!?!?!!!!!

Sometimes when I land, the nose of the plane goes into the ground and the tail goes in the air, but it doesn't count as a crash. Why does it do this? Is it because I don't pull the nose up high anough when landing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ju-geebeens

FPS_PATCH_FS9

what does it do, and will it really excellerate fs9?????? patch – file will buy you an added 20% to 40% more graphics. Please do us both a favor and read this info in it’s entirety!!! NOTE* I enclosed all the code that’s original and what wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

FS04 crashes HELP ! ! !

Everytime before flying off, my whole computer restarts... loading finishes and you are in the cockpit nothing happens... until you touches something my computer restarts 😞 anyone knows the problem ? or where can I find the crash log so I can post...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
KevinTsai

Low Frame Rates?

Bad news guys, i have been getting low frame rates lately. I think it is mainly due to the 3 things. These are put in order from most probable cause to least probable cause: 1. Sound 2. AI Traffic set at 100% 3. Scenery settings set at maximum ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KevinTsai on
jeffclaw

work this one out

hey just installed flight simulator 2004 again yesterday after taking a long break and i've encountered a problem that ruins the whole experience. Last time I played FS9 I could run the game with decent framerates all the way through on high settings b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffclaw on
extricate576

phoenix simu software - airbus a330/a340

Hi, i would like to know how do i get this position in the PSS A330/A340 edition. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on

Whats so bad about Overspeed?

What's so bad about Overspeed? The only thing I noticed is that it makes an annoying buzzer sound. But what does it do to your plane?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
JarJarBinks

noob question?

well as some of yall know im not the best with technology and here is another problem ive mastered the ILS system but now i need to understand the approach system with the glidslope ive just be useing the ILS system until i can land manually but now i wan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
DME43

Transferring fuel in PMDG 737

anyone know how I can transfer the fuel usage from the wings to the centre tank on the PMDG 737, and quick please cause as this picture shows, im about to run dry!: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/29296/transferring-fuel-in-pmdg-73...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
ToneHammond

A few questions concerning the PMDG 737-800/900

Hi everyone, A while ago I purchased the PMDG 737-800/900 editions, and I have just got to grips with it and successfully completed the tutorial flight. I have looked through the forum archives before posting a new thread, and couldn't find a thre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
Nealoc187

Are all of these add ons compatible? ASV6.5, FE, GE Pro, UT

I'm looking to enhance my realism a bit. I've become addicted to simming because it provides flight opportunities that I can't experience in real life (I'm an instrument rated commercial pilot). Currently I've got FS2004 9.1 update F1 ATR-72 F1 PC-1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Nealoc187 on
The capt'

Real environment pro?

Hello, i am having some issues installing "Real environment professional", i download the package, extract and install, when i try to run the program it says "run time error 429, active x component can't create object", so far i have downloaded this pack...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest1 on
DME43

VERY URGENT PROBLEM WITH MY TOOLBAR IN FS!!!

Ok, ill try not to shout... thats how desperate i am! A while ago I done a flight and then suddenly the toolbar dissapeared for no reason what so ever. I thought it was a one off, but then it kept happening to my other flights etc. It has now got to th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest1 on

Ground is multicoloured!!

hello, I am having troubles with the graphics on my Combat flight simulator. Whenever i fly the ground is always multicoloured. Could anyone help me with my problem....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
boeing772

why cant you use real aircraft speeds on the fs aircrafts

I have been trying to use real aircraft speeds such as mach. 80 it gives me a sign of overspeed also can anybody tell me where to get an aircraft with clickable overhead buttons...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
DJNocturnal

Alphasim A.I. Traffic Question

i have purchased several alphasim air force bases and was wondering if its possible to modify the flight plans since all they do is circle the base...i have traffic tools but i don't know where to begin if its even possible......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
tojo

GUAM

😕 how come at guam when i use auto approach it takes me down to less than 75meters, well over 5,000 meters from the airport??????? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tojo on
Knikki

Exits

Hello FS'ers I have a very short and simply question which has been bugging me for a while. You have to open the exits of an aircraft by pressing SHIFT+ and then either leave it like that or press 2 for the cargo doors to open. The problem is I can ope...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on

Questions on the PMDG 747

This has to be the best aircraft there is. Ive been using it for a few weeks now and read the documentation, and am starting to get the hang of it. One thing im not sure about is, how do i know when im established on the localizer. With the flight pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kieranja on
blueskies84

first PC build?

Hi folks! I am looking to build a new computer for FS2004 w/ lots of payware/add-ons, looking to run max on every slider.... looking around on newegg, i came up with this set-up.... any suggestions? comments? Case: APEVIA X-PLEASURE-BK Black Aluminum ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
boeing772

where are the brakes

where are the brakes in an actual aircraft not the speed brake or the parking brake just the regular brakes like in during the taxi they stop and wait for other aircrafts so what do they press on if you can also attacha picture of where the brakes are it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brakes on
veshagoo

engines for L1011

hi...anyone know how i can get three engines for an L1011. the file i downloaded is a 737 instrument cluster with only 2 engines... i downloaded the adsl1011 from flyaway simulations...any help would be appreciated..rgds ken...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
apanel on
Page 15 of 111