Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Gukken

ILS Approach not working.

I followed this guide https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/ to make my Boeing 737-400 to make the final approach to the runway. When I reached 9.5nm from the runway I got the clearance of landing. I set the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
dosteen

Where is my CLOCK?

I am using the default Boeing 737-400 in FS2004. I have located a chronometer, that works just like a stopwatch. However, I am not able to locate the clock to give me the local time. Where is it? I have pushed the buttons on the side of the chronomete...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
hammerdag

Tailhook

what is your tailhook key? when it says to open a certain door what does it mean by tailhook.....i should knw this by now but i don't... 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
belgeode

FS9 causing reboot... again..

OK rather than hijack Dorianee's thread I figured I would start a new one.. I am STILL having this issue where I go to fly, take off and halfway or sometimes not even as far into it my computer seems to either go into standby mode with nothing respons...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
stocz2

altitude question

I am flying mostly all smaller AC for now. Still learn the basic of flying. Once in awhile i will fly a 717-200, and getting the hang of it. If i were to fly the Boeing 717-200, from Gen. Mitchell Intl. (KMKE) to Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.(KMSP), whi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
leachus2002

Any idea why the brakes are showing active at FL325?

Hi Peeps, Just wondered if anyone can pinpoint any light on this problem? Thanks Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
rowcoach

rwy 12

This may sound like a dumb question, but is Rwy 12 a program you download? I keep seeing it posted on scenery downloads, but I have yet to find a program Rwy 12....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
flyawayking1991

what control is it to get the jetways to work

hey what is the control to get the jetways to come to the aircraft and how long does it take...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
KevinTsai

FS2004 has no tailwind/headwind!

Hey guys, I have been noticing-everytime when I make a flight from east to west, I seem to arrive at my destination local time around the same time when I depart local time. My most recent major east to west flight was from Newark to Shanghai in Contin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
twistedsucker

Airspace - New FS9 Video!

I would like to share this video I made out of free time with you guys. I hope you enjoy 🙂 Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lBML3ofh_rc High quality: http://www.mdigitalx.com/Airspace.wmv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
Pulp1

Fuel calculator help please.......

I am trying to add a new aircraft to the fuel calculator the only problem is how do I find out what the miles per gallon is for the said aircraft which is an Airbus A310-300?. Thanks for any help. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
ceetee

NZFF New Zealand Flightsim Forums

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/30226/nzff-new-zealand-flightsim-forums_1be792578cf7c8a8ef0900678b1a79fd.jpg Hi guys, I would like to invite you to visit the New Zealand Flightsim Forums, New Zealand’s premier Flight simulator...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
Grim

wow..just wow ( speechless )

look at all the addons for fs2004 now? i used to play fs2004 a while back, but then i just stopped all of those addons, i downloaded!! this is like a new game, im gonna install these tommorow, but they look damn good! i thought fs2004 would have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
Dorianee

fs9 keeps crashing

everytime i put fs in full screen mode it crashes....sometimes within a few seconds or several minutes.....but how do i keep this from happening?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
jpalmer2004

DFW Air TRaffic control

I just wanted to post an interesting news clip i saw last nite on the news here in Dallas.... Appearantly the DFW Air Traffic control has been blaming pilots for errors the ATC is causing (not giving correct altitudes, headings and not answering pilot ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Dorianee

fs2002 or 2004 realism

when i say realism i dont mean like the fact that fs2004 is "prettier" than 2002.....i mean like as far as navigation and how things like weather affect the aircraft.....wich is better....or are they equal?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
renesis

Screen Flicker - any known cure?

Hi all, I'm running a new brand new machine (core 2 6600) with 1024mb memory and an X1950XT graphics card. Generally, this lot gives me a framerate of around 40 fps in my config. However, there is an annoying screen "flicker" which is present at all (a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
acepilot32

60fps

i got continous 60fps in highly populated city scenery whith untra high quality...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
dave41

Radio bearings in Grumman Goose

When I select a flight on the Grumman Goose I am told in one instance to fly on a heading until I pick up Baku NBD or another until I pick up Cuban HBD 380 What does this mean...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
rowcoach

FS Passengers - wrong aurthorization

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this, but I am having a problem running FS Passenger. After purchasing the unlocked version I am able to start a flight no problem, but as soon as I get on the taxiway, I get a message saying that I have the w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Dorianee

is my pc good enough to run fs2004 at full graphics?

Processor: Intel Pentium III 499MHz Graphics Card: NVIDIA RIVA TNT Memory: 384MB ??????? or do i need a serious upgrade?............if its not good enough for 2004 are those specs good enough for 2002?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dorianee on
acepilot32

can someone find me an airstrip please

hi im looking for a remote airstrip thats hidden away in a mountain range flooded by trees possibly in america it would also be nice if it had a lake near by if not its ok id appreciate if someone could help me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
rickypig112

Boeing 777-200/300

Hi Guys. Well i have downloaded numerous 777's from meljet, i have found when landing the wings shidder a lot, i am not sure if anyone else has had this problem or if it is just me?? Does anyone know of a good realistic 777 add on for fs9???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rickypig112 on
jpalmer2004

Thinking about X Plane

Hey guys, I was just browsing around lookin at sim stuff and came across X-plane.....I've never heard of it, guess im all into Flight simulator...the only other simulator that i've tried outside of FS was propilot....... I was just wondering if any ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jpalmer2004 on
Vin4evr

descent Rate

hey Folks ! Does anyone know how to calculate the descent rate? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
teenflon5 on
veshagoo

Meljet 777-200 lr manual

anyone know of a meljet 777-200 LR manual....looked all over tried meljet, avsim and others no luck...i cant seem to get the radio to work..i cant find a throttle quadrant..great airplane though..thanks in advance for any help..rgds ken...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
veshagoo on
Dorianee

my new joy stick

i just got a new joystick last nite....and i started flying with fs.........im starting o get anoyed......ie been playing fs2004 for over a year with the keyboard and ive become an "expert" at it......now with the joystick.....its very hard to control the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fredericia01 on
rickypig112

runway spray

does anyone know of an add on or download for water on the runway so during take off and landing the aircraft kicks up the water. thanks and hapy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
benbastock

what features are better is fs9

i've had 2 copies of fsx which have both broken and worked poorly on my computer anyway so i am getting fs9 which hopefully will work better what features if youve had both work better in fs9...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Flt634

Adding a Garmin GPS

I'm not up to speed on the FMC. Is there a download and a way to add the Garmin GPS to planes that do not have it? Thanks Much...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flt634 on
Cheeks

fs9 not starting

i've tried everything (except defraging which i'll try when i hae time) to get fs2004 to start. whats happening is the fs2004 icon thingy when you start it comes up then dissapears. it only started recently and i dont know what to do. im really unhappy &#...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Vin4evr

Calculating Rate of Descent on Final

Could anyone please tell me how to calculate the rate of descent on final?thanks. I forgot..Thanks in Advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
geoffwhite

Nav & Comm frequencies displayed on X52 Throttle display

Dear All I have tried in vain to search for a way to add the comms & nav frequencies to my x52 throttle display. I have tried and failed to understand the x52 profiler tool and have failed to find an adequate answer on the internet or flight sim for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
geoffwhite on
mikey39

Registration problems

Hi all I was wondering how to get a registration key for my FS2004.I bought a legitimate copy and cant find one on the box.The reason I want it is that with some add ons a pop up appears and says that something wont work with an unregistered copy.Can some...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Bran09

need help installing fs2004

look i tried to do something to my fs9 and and it got f778 up so i tryed to reinstall it and at 85% it said cannot locate tokoy. cab and then it says ignore abort or retry so i it ignore and went in flight sim and well the terrian is blue and im getting ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
Cheeks

Ttools

i dont know how to use ttools. i downloaded it and have easyjet ai files, and i go into ttools and dontknow what to do. can someone help me. cheers cheeks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AO001 on
hammerdag

Pitched up!!!

I'm flying from the Netherlands to Tokyo in my 747-400. Cruising along at 39000 feet at 486 knots---can't get the plane to go any faster than this. Anyways my plane is pitched up at 5 degrees :x ....why is it doing this? Am I doing something wrong? Also, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
KevinTsai

Flight Simulator as a video game?

Is it possible to make FS2004 or FSX as a video game? One major advantage for me is that you don't have to worry a lot about low frame rates. In my opinion, video games usually run smoothly and not juttery if you know what I mean. I also think that d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
n9xv

Va & Weight

Ok, I'm a numbers guy and I came across this formula for a Piper Archer. Manouvering speed (Va) for a given weight can be calculated as a % of the Va at max gross weight. Their example used 2550-Lbs for max gross weight, and 1634 for the "given" wei...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Dorianee

traffic graphics or 2002

i love fs2004 but my pc just doesnt run at a speed that i need to take advantage of the whole simulator.....when i play the game i either turn the traffic percentage to zero...and have good graphics...or have lots of traffic and no graphics....or a mix of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Aldeeb

Screen Capture

Does anyone know where I can locate a screen capture program- I had GrabClipSave but the program disappeared (don't ask how) leaving me with the desktop icon and no more. Alternatively perhaps there is a better one?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aldeeb on
dannyboy2005

Bug-Splat Pro V3.0

Hi I know theres a add-on out there called "Bug-Splat Pro V3.0" but i don't know where to find it. I've looked on AVSIM and google and no result. I'd be greatful if someone could help me out.. Thanks Dan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Pulp1

Is there any way to tweak ATC??

I am basically having problems with the ATC on FS9. I run the traffic 2005 add on at 60% traffic and when I come to a land at a major hub it is total chaos!! The other day I was landing in Miami and and the ATC sent me 150nm away from the airport be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
nottobe

how good is ATI Radeon 1300 X Pro 256 mb?

I saw it for only $79 in circuit city after rebate, so I bought it. Is it good enough? if its not I can still return it........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
stocz2

Just saying hello

I just stopped by to say hello. I am new to the forum, i enjoy it already. Been reading alot of past post. Learned a few things already. Just purchased FS 2004 a few days ago. Starting to get the hang of it. But alot to read and learn. The real reas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
jpalmer2004

ILS Approach

Hey, I want to start tryin ils approaches but don't totally understand how it works....i fly NAV during the flight but can't figure out the approach...Are they any Tutorials or anything i can look at or read?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
cheezyflier

what do you like to fly the most?

and where do you go? i like the 337 cessna, and i also have a stearman. i like flying in places where there are lots of trees and mountains....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jpalmer2004 on
AUTOpilotlll

Auto land?

hi, everyone i just wondered if the boeing 737-400 in FS9 (FS2004) can land automaticly? ❓ -Can it land on auto pilot? -how do you do it? -do i have to download it? -or do i just have to put some numbers in? please answer if you h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Sam Pears

Just bought the Saitek Aviator. Good decision?

I have just bought the Saitek Aviator for FS2004. Do you think that is a good stick to use?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Cheeks

How do you get promoted ranks?

how do u get promoted. im a trainee adn i've been here longer than others who are a higher rank than me. tell me how to get promoted 😳 \ cheeks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Page 15 of 111