Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

rossi85

I want British Airways

Can anyone please tell me where i can get a repaint, textures, etc for a boeing 747-400 British Airways. oh and what you think of FSPASSENGERS, I THINK THIS ROCKS !!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
dannyboy2005

FS9 / FSX Anti Aliasing Problems SOLVED!

FS9 / FSX Anti Aliasing Problems no longer. Are you getting problems with jaggeredy edges in FSX or FS9 with a Nvidia Graphics Crad? If so read on. 1) Uninstall old graphics card driver (Control Panel -> Add / Remove Hardware -> "Nvidia Driver...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
hammerdag

Auto Pilot Qeustion

Having a problem when I engage AP in my 737-800. I'll take off and will be flying and climing runway heading,While climbing AP is off, I do have my desired altitude plugged in and the ALT Hold switch engaged. Say I have it set for 14000 feet, I'll climb u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on

dad's FS2004 crashes winXP AMD sempron 2800 radeon 9600

Hi all, SO glad to have found your forum and website, done a little bit of searching and so far I know for sure this is a great place to be. I wonder if anyone has had any sudden system crashes on flight sim 2004 within 10 seconds of taxiing, but no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Darksoul

FS9 Settings menu glitch

Hi, I recently installed FS9 on my newer system, and can't seem to adjust my display settings. Everything runs fine until I go to change all of my graphic options. Mainly, the only tab that shows is the scenery, and then, none of the bars even move. I've ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Darksoul on
John Travolta

The In-Flight Diversion Handbook

Any of you guys think you can navigate using a pencil, compass and a stopwatch alone?. If you can't and you wanna learn how to, check out the Flight Diversion Handbook at flightdiversion.com. Its a got some pretty awesome stuff....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Mc_GaNgStA

FS2004 problem.

I've always played this game without problems. Today when I loaded up FS2K4, chose the Cessna, choose Heathrow and choose weather as real-world weather it showed the progress bar form jepessen but when it reaches 22% FS2K4 just quits automatically :S T...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scab12 on

Lining up Landing Approach

For anyone who can hep me! hey pilots i have a huge problem lining up the aircraft to the runway and also directing the airplane into the correct positioning to land 100 nm away! i just need someone to tell me which is the best way to do this and how t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
dannyboy2005

FS9.1 Update

Hi, Can someone tell me where i can download the fs2004 update. I have looked on Microsoft Website but the FS2004 site no longer exists. I'll be greatful. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
boviac on
NSX

Autorudder: who uses it?

Hi, Just wondering, are you using auto rudder or not? What are the benefits you get from not using it? Are there any? Cheers 🍻 NSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
snobnosed on
NSX

Crosswind landing, did I do ok?

Hi, Did a crosswind landing without knowing it would happen, replayed it on fraps, please have a looky, and tell me what you think 😀 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SjoybTRKw8...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
David_MC on
rafferty5268

FS2004 Minimizes Itself During Flight - Laptop Running XP??

My FS2004 runs normally on my desktop machine and completes a long flight without problem - running on XP. However, on my laptop - also running XP - the flight periodically minimizes itself and goes into 'pause' mode leaving me with my normal desktop. Ma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rafferty5268 on

FSP registration problem

hello people i got a new computer yesterday and installed fs9 and fsp. i put in my unlock codes for fsp however half way through my flight it aborted it and said i need to unlock it. and whenever i start fs9 it is telling me its unlocked. is this a vis...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
stocz2

over all aircraft weight

Downloaded a Cessna ?, the other day. I had myself (pilot) 255 lbs. A pessenger 260 lbs. And about 45 lbs of other weight. Click ok, a red message said over weight. Had to get rid of my passenger. Lower my other weight. And was only able to get about 20% ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
scab12

mouse help

my mouse is all glitchy when ever i move it. It 's hard to tell what I'm clicking when I move it around and it is just plain annoying. Anybody know what i can do to fix this. Thanks in advanced. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dirtymouse on

PMDG

Greetings to all. I just had one questions for you: I own the PMDG 737 and the GF-MCP Advanced Autopilot and each time I load my PMDG and try to control the autopilot from my module it disconnects. I heard that PMDG has a fix for the GF-MCP pro but I am n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
boomshiko

Fine tuning Logitech Force 3D Pro

Hi everyone, Does somebody on the forum use the Logitech 3D Force Joystick? If so, what kind of sensitivity settings do you use? I've been trying to fine tune the settings, but the stick makes the plane way to shaky. What's the catch?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bigbadazzneega on
UMM

Moving between PLanes

When i 1st got FS9 (a while ago), i was just stuffing around hitting random keys to see what they do!! Somehow i managed to move my camera from one plane to another. IE. i was flying around, and i hit some bottons, then the next thing i knew the camera mo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Captain Evans on

Why does my 2D Cockpit "Flicker"?

My 2D Cockpit flickers. It has a this Horizontal flicker that wont go away, and it is ONLY in 2D Cockpit mode. 3D and Spot Views have no flicker. What is causing this? It seems to happen on most of my aircraft... Please advise......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
nottobe

vector and IAP

I dont quite understand when you have to fly IAP. In FS9 and Radar contact, you automatically get the vector service all the way to the localizer. But STAR and IAP sound like a great deal in real-world flying. So my question is: in the real world aviation...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Dieter2007

Patch 9.1 fs2004

hi everyone i need the fs2004 patch 9.1 but i can't find'it... someone can tell me where to download the patch, i search in microsoft but is not there anymore another question: i have the aibus vol1 from wilco publishing and when i start the simula...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Lufthansa-pilot90

737-500 destinations

hei,, can anyone direct me to a website, that lists almost all 737-500 destinations in the world?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
wantfsx

Why is the plane swaying so much? (technique?)

Hi everyone! So, I've been flying fs9 for a while now but the one thing ive never seemed to figure out was how to stop the plane from chasing the correct course in autopilot....for example, if im set to a VOR going to it at 120 degrees, even if im far out...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wantfsx on
GMTK

Active camera Freeware Version?

Is there any utility like Active camera (not freeware) that i can look for?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Malaga Airport AGP LEMG Wrong

Why is Malaga Airport ILS Runways showing up as Runway 14 and Runway 32 on fs2004?? I flew to malaga (real life) and back for a week and the runways are infact 13 and 31 any chance of a fix??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Pulp1

Abacus Airbus Fleet.....

I recently purchased the Abacus Airbus Fleet and am having problems landing. Thus far I have only used the A319 but everytime I try to land it will bounce wildly. No matter how smooth an angle I land at and no matter at what speed i land it is a bi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
waj2306

Turboprop Autothrottle?

I have been looking/experimenting with adding an autothrottle to the Mike Stone C130. I have added the proper lines, switch and readout window to the .cfg and panel. When I engage the AP and AT, and set the proper IAS, everything works fine until I reac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Lufthansa-pilot90

Flying Speed?

Hey.. Can anyone tell me all the speeds, for take-off, climb, cruise, decent, landing, for B737-500?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
M15A

Exiting traffic pattern

Lets say I want to take off in my Cessna 172, departe to the north, flying VFR at an altitude of 2000 feet. I contact ATC and they direct me to runway 24. So now I taxi to runway 24, take off, and then what? Should I fly the traffic pattern departur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
SpiderWings

A Flying Challenge for Anyone Interested

I've had an account here for a couple of years but have only recently started reading the forums. So I'm a bit of a newbie here myself. I just read the Favorite Airports Topic by Phoebe and I've found a number that I want to mention in a reply ther...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bawls327

Having trouble taking off in 777

I got the just flight boeing 777 professional by the flightsimstore.com. I use plenty of flaps but its like I am not going fast enough - not getting enough thrust. I get up to around 120 knots and I still cant lift off. Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartfs on
M15A

Another quick question: Carb heat

What is carb heat and what should I do with it while flying vfr? In none of the lessons in FS2004 I found out anything about it... Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
RSA_SEAL

Kneeboard Problems

Hi all, Having recently installed FS9 onto my computer, downloading and installing the 9.1 patch, I am having one problem with FS9. This problem pertains to the kneeboard. I can open the kneebaord, however, when I click on "Checklist", and click on t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
flyinace

Big install problems: acontain.dll

I've seen other people with this problem but i have not seen how others have solved it... I install FS2004 and it seems to install just fine but when i start the program I get an alert that about 17 .DLLs are missing or corupt, then it closes... I've uni...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
me12312

Freelook?

Is it possible to freelook (ie, with the mouse) while in the cockpit view? I know I can push shift+numpad to look directly left, right, forward, backwards etc, but I would prefer to smoothly look around in all directions. Is this possible?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
DME43

St elmos fire

any way we can get it in FS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
DME43

There is seriously something wrong with my toolbar

I just installed PMDG 747 yesterday, and today when i started doing the practice flight (KLAX to KEDW) with FSpassengers on, I randomly lost the toolbar (I AM NOT IN FULL SCREEN). I right click to show/hide toolbar, the menu wont come up... I press alt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DME43 on
M15A

Quick question!

Hi, Just a quick question: On the Cessna 172 SP cockpit panel in the middle on top you have 3 lights with 'O M I' written on them. What are they?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
M15A on
tiger7881

PMDG 747-400

Hey, I purchased few days ago the PMDG 747-400 and now I try to use it, but for some reason, when I am starting my flight, the gauges shut down, after few seconds, and you cant see nothing no engine controls, not attitude indicater... you know what i am t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
bawls327

757 and C5 sound like prop plane

Well my other planes sound like the jet engines and when I load these aircrafts they sound like a prop plane and they never used to be like this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Austin11

Missing scenery files

Hey, I'm missing some scenery files in my scenery folder for FS2004 and that is why my scenery is acting up and it looks very bad,you can look in your scenery folder and compare to the pic and see which ones I'm missing,if you know which ones I'm missing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
willthethrill on
boeing772

where can I find traffic and a moving gate

Where can I find traffic and moving gate (jetway) that goes on the plane after I land...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
loner001 on
n9xv

Baron 58 NAV lights

I get "PANEL" lights ok in the Baron-58, but not "NAV" lights (nice red glow on the individual instruments). Is this normal? Kevin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jon Hicken on
omgttfs

ifly 747

I've had the IFLY 747-400 for a while now, but not spent much time with it. I'd installed it, got sick of poor fps, uninstalled it, reinstalled it....you get the idea. Anyway, I've just reinstalled it and I'm actually really starting to enjoy it.... B...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

New Nvidia Drivers

Anyone try the new Nvidia graphics drivers? I have the 8800GTX SLI cards and am curious as to how the new drivers work with fs2004? Is there a way to enable SLI with fs2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
n9xv

Standard temp on climb chart

I have an actual C-172 skyhawk POH. In the climb profile chart (TIME- FUEL-DISTANCE to climb) it uses a "standard" temperature of 0-deg. C to compute the correction factor for non-standard temperature conditions. Why are they not using 15-deg. C as the IS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on
n9xv

GAUGE addons

Is there a way I can swap out a standard VOR indicator or DG for an HSI or RMI in a Cessna 182S in FS2004? Thanks, Kevin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
n9xv

FLIGHT DIRECTOR

I'm not quite sure I understand the "practical" use of the flight director. I thought when flying manually (AP off), it would indicate the correct angle of bank for a standard rate turn. When AP is on, it always seems to use about 22-degrees of bank unles...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on

Strange airplane behavior

Can someone help please... Several times with certain airplanes when i start to roll on the runway to take off the airplane does not go straight ahead in a straight line but rather it deviates to the left....????...any ideas why this might be?...it is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on

ILS Approach Problems

I followed the stickied guide at the top perfectly. I get clearance to land and I kick in the APP Approach and the plane then just begins to turn in no direction. At first it seems like it may be turning to line up with the runway, but it'll just turn and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Page 15 of 101