Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

hammerdag

fsx and fs9 in together

I recently purchased fsx and am waiting to update my system until I install it..but I'd still like to play with it in the meantime..is it possible to install it and have fs9 and fsx on my system together?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
nottobe

767-300 touch-down speed?

flap 30 setting is 170 knots. Does that mean touchdown speed is 170 kts? It seemed a far too fast landing to me.........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
Cheeks

Editing exhaust for 767

I have a PW 767 Aeromexico, I saw one taking off and it was smoking as much as the Eric Cantu 727. The smoke effects are just as much as this 767 was doing. So my question is, can I edit the POSKY Aermexico 767 to use the smoke effects ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
walesdragon

FS2004 wingview

Hey guys! I was just wondering, do any of you guys know how to get wingview on FS2004? I got F1 view or something like that but it doesn't work......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
Tisca

Crew voices

Hello again all. In about 5 mounths i havent played MFS 2004, now i started again . When i installed it last time, i downloaded a program, that gave me a panel, or an option, where i could press from 1-10, and there would come announcments, like - "Wel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tisca on
walesdragon

Dogfighting on FS2004?

Hey guys. I was just wondering if there is a way to dogfight in FS2004. Is there some kind of program that lets you? If there is, could you let me know because i thought dogfighting on multiplayer would awesome....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
ARD-DC

Skysim MD11 FDE's

Hello fellow pilots, Does anyone here have decent FDE's for the Skysim MD-11? Although the panel doesn't look that great, the FMC is a laugh and the FDE's are absolutely crap, I do want an MD-11. The plus being it has a good range, an enormous am...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
scab12

Radar

On a bunch of my addon aircraft, I have a radar made by Eric Marciano. It comes up but it doesn't show any aircraft. I have done some tests by getting right next an AI aircraft in flight and turn the radar on but the plane doesn't apear on the radar. He...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Razgr1z912

Rudder Problem

My rudder always go's right, and i dont know why, but its really really really annoying, i go left but it will still go right every about 2 seconds it goes full right. I've checked the trim....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Razgr1z912

FS2004 Addons

I've installed FS04 (finally lol) and i want to know what addons you guys have installed to make it look beautiful 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Bran09

Helicopter fix

okay when i fly helicopters the go crazy they spin out of control is there a fix for this please help thanks! 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
walesdragon

Error: Failed to read from file message in FS2004

I was playing FS2004 and this happened quite a few times. I start up the game, load, taxi, take-off fly and Flight Simulator just closes and an error appears. "Error: Failed to read from file" Do any of you guys know what's going on?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
chezney

airline pilot

i want to be a pilot. can anybody help me? thanks for your help 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Razgr1z912

Cant install FS2004

I can't install it and I think its Vista because the box didn't say it could run on Vista. Is there any patch if that is the case? I put in Disc 1 and Windows Explorer locks up then i have to restart it and then try again but now I have to restart my co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
rowcoach

screen shots

Ever since I downloaded FS Passengers, I have been unable to take screen shots. Has anyone else run into this, and how do you fix it? Thanks?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Bartfs

Tuning Radio's

Hi, I want to practise some manual Tuning of the radio's? Is there a way to select that you can only manual operate the radio's?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
claytonlocher

New Computer: Best Specs for FS2004?

Hey All! I am looking to buy a new computer to run FS2004 with maxed-out settings and nice graphics, with above-all good FPS. My grandparents' have a nice Dell 530 with 2GB of RAM, a 128MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro video card I think, and an AMD Athlon X2 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
claytonlocher on
eyton402

Ground Image Flickering

Whenever/whatever I fly I experience flickering ground images, ie, buildings, lights, landscape etc. Could this be a graphic setting problem? Thanks in advance for any advice....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eyton402 on
Bran09

anti aliasing

look the planes are all jagged and stuff and i cant seem to fix it the video card i have is a graphics controllar video card so can you please help 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bran09 on
Karlw

Is thi modeld into fs?

I was flyng the pmdg 744 at flight level 310 running about 95.6 percent RPM when I climbed to Flight level 350 I was averaging 100% RPM now even though my engine is running at a higher RPM will the fuel consumption be less (even in flight sim 9)?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
CaptainEz

FSX Questions

Why are there folks asking FSX questions in a FS 04 forum ... FS 04 is still valid and with a few add-ons and tweeking it might be better than FSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainEz

Planning a route

Is there a way to calculate flight time and distance in flight planner before getting to the gate and realizing Oh snap i plotted a route thats too long...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
MJDykas

Adding Carriers, Flight Deck 4 , 5 Alphasim Big E and others

Ok , I'm pretty new to the whole world of MS flight sims, but I'm learning fast. I have both FSX and FS2004 loaded up. I started with FSX , liked it and then went out and bought 2004. I spend most of my time on 2004 but switch off to FSX for all the eye ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

LearJet 45 some questions

Hi I have a few questions regarding the Bombadier LearJet 45: What does MCT and MCR mean on the throttle quadrant? How do I activate autothrottle? What are "touch brakes" (I read this last in a manual checklist which I downloaded from http://dauntless...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
bearboy

AIRCRAFT PAINT JOBS/TEXTURES

Hello, I have fs2004 with Ultimate Traffic installed. I see a lot of planes with textures from diffrent commercial carriers, but I am wondering why I can not fly planes with these paint job variations, obviously they are installed on my computer somewhere...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
jccampagna

Missing New Zealand

Hello to all, I am unable to create a flight in New Zealand because this country is not listed in the country field of the "Go to airport" window. That means there is something wrong in my files, but I am unable to find what is causing this. Ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
waj2306

ALIAS Problem!

Recently, I have encountered a problem with Aliasing sound. Aliasing panels works perfectly! When I alias sound files, they do not work. I have checked and double checked the syntax and file placement. I only Alias FS9 default panels. When I add the e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Odyssey

Push back Feature

I am currently using the Radar Contact software and for anyone who has it you will know that you can't do push back properly because when you press 1 or 2 it selects an ATC option. How can I incorperate a push back feature into my panel?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
flyrv

FS 2004 problem in Vista Home Premium

Just received my new computer with Vista OS. I have only loaded FS2004. I found that when I minimized the program from the introductory flight screen (to adjust the volume), it would not go back to full screen. I am new to Vista but I find with other p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
apollo132

Waikato Carrier Elevator Operation

I am taxiing on to the elevator but what makes it go up/down? Just downloaded and i'm itchin' to fly...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
bawls327

Fs2004 not installed?

I am trying to install some service updates for the pmdg 747 when I see that it comes up with an error saying that I do not have fs2004 installed. So I go and see if all my planes are there etc and I even start fs2004 and it works fine. What shall I do to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
AApilot2012

is fs2004 better than fsx?

i have fsx....it sucks..its not laggy at all until i touch down during landing...than it has a 5 sec delay..if i fly to bigger airports than it lags so does fs9 lag at all i have a tough pc one that fsx only lags a little but its annoying are fs9 graph...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
UR-HRUST

Airshow MAKS 2007

Video MAKS 2007. 415mb / 8 rar parts. 1 - http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/2290833 2 - http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/2289563 3 - http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/2283271 4 - http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/2288998 5 - http://depositfiles.com/ru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
UR-HRUST on
AApilot2012

my traffic X

is my traffic X good?? will it make your game lag would you recommend it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Odyssey

Flyaway Nicknames

After a while of being a member on flyaway I have come across many interesting and unique nicknames. Just out of morbid curiosity, could any of you explain the origin of yours? I am named after the Command Module of the Apollo 13 spacecraft....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
Pappy55

Speed Brake & Spoiler problem!

for some reason my speedbreaks and spoilers do not work anymore apon landing.. This happened after changeing panels for the POSKY 747-200. Has anyone else had this happen to them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
djcevera

New Video card

Hello Im currently in the market for a new video card and was wondering if anyone could suggest a particular one. Currently im running a nvidia geforce 7600gs with a 350 watt power supply 4gb ram,and a amd dual core believe its 1.6ghz xp pro. add...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bartfs

[ Poll ] World of AI VS Project AI

Well.. Wich one do you prefer? Im currently having alot of PAI airlines but when i first came to the world of AI site i saw that they have loads of updated airlines 😳 So, Wich one has more framerate friendly models?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
CaptainOver

Running 2 monitors with FS2004

G'day, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have two monitors running perfectly together as one desktop using Windows Vista. When i play FS2004, it will naturally only use one screen. What i had planned on doing was using the second screen to house...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainOver on
eyton402

GPS - Nearest Airport

Im being lazy and have not done any reading,,, When I look for the nearest airport using the GPS, lock onto the Heading it keeps changing. Perhaps Im just not reading it properly but could anyone comment. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
SpiderWings

Hi Everyone.

Life has gotten in the way of what I love. I haven't flown for months and haven't been able to spend time looking and reading the forums which I also love. But I do think of this often and just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope that all is well wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
cheezyflier

those dreaded flying tips

how can i turn them off? i cant find the box to uncheck anywhere! it keeps telling me that my heading indicator is incorrect, press: "D" but when i do, nothing happens and the message comes right back. when i shut off the engines it tells me to start th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
Karlw

can anyone please help me find this aircraft?

I am looking for the aurora assumed to be a top secret aircraft I saw it on a fs video but can't find it please help. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Karlw

cd crack question?

I just installed the no cd crack for fs9 when I started it up it asked me to accpet or decline the eula is it ok to accept or is the cd patch illegal? 😕 Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
Flyguy41983

Frankfurt Overload

So Frankfurt Overload 2007 is tomorrow! Is anyone going to fly tomorrow? Has anyone ever flown this before and if you have how is it? Any Comments, Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
Tailhook

Great sounds for the Huey

For those of you who've been looking for nice Huey sounds I'd suggest you download the FS2004 Bell 205 UH-1H Iroquois Las Vegas Metro Police-Rescue Air Unit-5 from www.simvation.com The file is complete... no additional downloads required. This Huey do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
bawls327

Please help really weird scenery prob

Well My fs2004 looks like this now. There is a big white sheet above me and it follows me everywhere. I cant get above it or away its always above me....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
benbastock

hitting centerline

i've been flying for ages i am pretty good except all this time i am unable to hit the centerline visually without ils and vor approaches from the cockpit view even with a cessna 172 it is diffficult any tips...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
bawls327

FS9 Patches

Well I have been with fs9 a while and I just realised that I dont remember getting any patches for it. I tried to google it but google never comes up with the answer for me so I will try asking you guys. What is the latest FS9 patch I can download? Anyone...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Phoebe

FS2004 won't go beyond splash screen

Suddenly, for no apparent reason when I try to start fs2004 the splash screen appears for a few seconds then goes away. I have tried all the fixes at Microsoft Support with no luck. The same thing started happenning to Tiger Woods PGA 2007 at the same t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
Page 13 of 111