Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

LearJet 45 some questions

Hi I have a few questions regarding the Bombadier LearJet 45: What does MCT and MCR mean on the throttle quadrant? How do I activate autothrottle? What are "touch brakes" (I read this last in a manual checklist which I downloaded from http://dauntless...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
bearboy

AIRCRAFT PAINT JOBS/TEXTURES

Hello, I have fs2004 with Ultimate Traffic installed. I see a lot of planes with textures from diffrent commercial carriers, but I am wondering why I can not fly planes with these paint job variations, obviously they are installed on my computer somewhere...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
jccampagna

Missing New Zealand

Hello to all, I am unable to create a flight in New Zealand because this country is not listed in the country field of the "Go to airport" window. That means there is something wrong in my files, but I am unable to find what is causing this. Ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
waj2306

ALIAS Problem!

Recently, I have encountered a problem with Aliasing sound. Aliasing panels works perfectly! When I alias sound files, they do not work. I have checked and double checked the syntax and file placement. I only Alias FS9 default panels. When I add the e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Odyssey

Push back Feature

I am currently using the Radar Contact software and for anyone who has it you will know that you can't do push back properly because when you press 1 or 2 it selects an ATC option. How can I incorperate a push back feature into my panel?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
flyrv

FS 2004 problem in Vista Home Premium

Just received my new computer with Vista OS. I have only loaded FS2004. I found that when I minimized the program from the introductory flight screen (to adjust the volume), it would not go back to full screen. I am new to Vista but I find with other p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
apollo132

Waikato Carrier Elevator Operation

I am taxiing on to the elevator but what makes it go up/down? Just downloaded and i'm itchin' to fly...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
bawls327

Fs2004 not installed?

I am trying to install some service updates for the pmdg 747 when I see that it comes up with an error saying that I do not have fs2004 installed. So I go and see if all my planes are there etc and I even start fs2004 and it works fine. What shall I do to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
AApilot2012

is fs2004 better than fsx?

i have fsx....it sucks..its not laggy at all until i touch down during landing...than it has a 5 sec delay..if i fly to bigger airports than it lags so does fs9 lag at all i have a tough pc one that fsx only lags a little but its annoying are fs9 graph...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
UR-HRUST

Airshow MAKS 2007

Video MAKS 2007. 415mb / 8 rar parts. 1 - http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/2290833 2 - http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/2289563 3 - http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/2283271 4 - http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/2288998 5 - http://depositfiles.com/ru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
UR-HRUST on
AApilot2012

my traffic X

is my traffic X good?? will it make your game lag would you recommend it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Odyssey

Flyaway Nicknames

After a while of being a member on flyaway I have come across many interesting and unique nicknames. Just out of morbid curiosity, could any of you explain the origin of yours? I am named after the Command Module of the Apollo 13 spacecraft....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
Pappy55

Speed Brake & Spoiler problem!

for some reason my speedbreaks and spoilers do not work anymore apon landing.. This happened after changeing panels for the POSKY 747-200. Has anyone else had this happen to them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
djcevera

New Video card

Hello Im currently in the market for a new video card and was wondering if anyone could suggest a particular one. Currently im running a nvidia geforce 7600gs with a 350 watt power supply 4gb ram,and a amd dual core believe its 1.6ghz xp pro. add...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bartfs

[ Poll ] World of AI VS Project AI

Well.. Wich one do you prefer? Im currently having alot of PAI airlines but when i first came to the world of AI site i saw that they have loads of updated airlines 😳 So, Wich one has more framerate friendly models?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
CaptainOver

Running 2 monitors with FS2004

G'day, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have two monitors running perfectly together as one desktop using Windows Vista. When i play FS2004, it will naturally only use one screen. What i had planned on doing was using the second screen to house...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainOver on
eyton402

GPS - Nearest Airport

Im being lazy and have not done any reading,,, When I look for the nearest airport using the GPS, lock onto the Heading it keeps changing. Perhaps Im just not reading it properly but could anyone comment. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
SpiderWings

Hi Everyone.

Life has gotten in the way of what I love. I haven't flown for months and haven't been able to spend time looking and reading the forums which I also love. But I do think of this often and just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope that all is well wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
cheezyflier

those dreaded flying tips

how can i turn them off? i cant find the box to uncheck anywhere! it keeps telling me that my heading indicator is incorrect, press: "D" but when i do, nothing happens and the message comes right back. when i shut off the engines it tells me to start th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
Karlw

cd crack question?

I just installed the no cd crack for fs9 when I started it up it asked me to accpet or decline the eula is it ok to accept or is the cd patch illegal? 😕 Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
Flyguy41983

Frankfurt Overload

So Frankfurt Overload 2007 is tomorrow! Is anyone going to fly tomorrow? Has anyone ever flown this before and if you have how is it? Any Comments, Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
Tailhook

Great sounds for the Huey

For those of you who've been looking for nice Huey sounds I'd suggest you download the FS2004 Bell 205 UH-1H Iroquois Las Vegas Metro Police-Rescue Air Unit-5 from www.simvation.com The file is complete... no additional downloads required. This Huey do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
bawls327

Please help really weird scenery prob

Well My fs2004 looks like this now. There is a big white sheet above me and it follows me everywhere. I cant get above it or away its always above me....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
benbastock

hitting centerline

i've been flying for ages i am pretty good except all this time i am unable to hit the centerline visually without ils and vor approaches from the cockpit view even with a cessna 172 it is diffficult any tips...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
bawls327

FS9 Patches

Well I have been with fs9 a while and I just realised that I dont remember getting any patches for it. I tried to google it but google never comes up with the answer for me so I will try asking you guys. What is the latest FS9 patch I can download? Anyone...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Phoebe

FS2004 won't go beyond splash screen

Suddenly, for no apparent reason when I try to start fs2004 the splash screen appears for a few seconds then goes away. I have tried all the fixes at Microsoft Support with no luck. The same thing started happenning to Tiger Woods PGA 2007 at the same t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
rowcoach

FSUIPC.dll error

Hello, During a download, I seem to have messed up my FSUIPC.dll file. Now, when I start FS2004 I get a message saying that the FSUIPC version I have is not compatible with FS9. Is there some where I can find the correct version of FSUIPC, or do I have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
Aldeeb

Flying helicopters

I use a Cyborg Evo Force joystick which is no problem with fixed wing aircraft but I experience considerable difficulty in trying to control a helicopter. Am I expecting too much from a single control that combines the Collective/Cyclic/Antitorque all on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
johnhuk

FS2004 & Vista?

Hey all 😀 Just got a quick question for anyone who can help me out here.. Just bought a new PC, which is running Vista Home Premium (i believe it's the 32-bit one!) and has a Radeon X1650 SE Video Card fitted. It's a dual core Pentium (i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
johnhuk on
ZAY

[ Poll ] Preety good

I really like flight sim 2004 and 2000!whoever dosent like flight sim 2000 u are not my friend any more and iam serois!by then!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Macimate

Messed up water textures huuuge problem please help!

Hey guys, I somehow managed to :censored: up my water textures big time, i think i installed too much different water crap! Now it looks dead, no waves, doesnt move, :censored: dark, actually it looks like terrain thats dark blue. And no download...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Macimate on
Macimate

Jeppesen simcharts problem! please help

I have a problem in simviewer. Everytime i choose anything from the chartlist nothing happens it just gives me a blank list when i for example press "vor rw 05" this problem only started today, anyone have a solution?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
mossy

Ultimate terrain europe compatibility

I am considering buying UT europe, but I am worried as it is quite a lot of money for a broke 14 year old, and I wondered if anyone could answer these questions: Is it a good add on in general? Is it worth the money? Will it hit my fps hard? W...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
joscarcal

FS9 continues to crash!

Hi everyone, Can someone please help me?? FS9 is turning me mad, it keeps on crashing in the middle of every flight and it returns my computer to the desktop. Because of this issue I cannot do a single flight completely. I read about other people wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Cheeks

Traffic lineups

Is there a download that causes traffic to not dissapear after waiting for a while. When it happens it really pisses me off, it's so unrealistic and I love traffic hold-ups. Any help appreciated 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
mschaeffer99

Does FS 2004 have an issue with Windows Vista?

For the first time I decided to install fs 2004 using a vista based system. And for some strange reason I'm having problems with the display. Like for example, if I go to spot plane view, it doesn't show the outside of the plane. Instead it still looks li...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
morris91

FS2004 Pics button?

Yer hi can someone please tell me what button it is to take a pic on FS2004. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
morris91

FS2004 View

Hi i uninstalled my FSX the other day and i thought before i reinstalled it il give FS9 another go well to be honest i might stay with FS9 and plus i got a better computer to play FSX with and now my FS9 works even better that i last used due to my new co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
CaptainDale

Moving Gates and Stairs (Ground operatons) How?

Hi There. I am really puzzled as to how I can add moving gates and stairs and basic grounds operations such as little men and vechiles without having to pay overdue amounts of money such as $38 a time just for something simple. Does anyone know of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
xfspazx

Error codes 1335 and 2350

Can someone help me with installiing Flight Sim X? I keep getting error codes. 1335 and 2350. I was able to install Flt Sim2004 without any problems, but when I try to install X, it gets to a certain point and then stops....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
djcevera

loading flight plan into gps or fmc

hello i was wondering if i make a flight plane using the fs2004 flight plan how do i import it into my gps or pmdg fmc?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
coolcatkelso

Fs2004 Failures

Hiya Never tried out any failures yet but was wondering if anyone has or knows off a basic Emgergency Handbook / Help guide to failures ie - Engine Failures (What to do) Gear Failure etc etc Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
brown_257

ILS Landing Runway Approach in FS2004

On Flight Sim 2004, how do you set it up to do an ILS landing so that the plain is level with the runway on aproach. Do you do this when you make the flight plan. This would make the approach easy, although i have master the manual one know, after alot of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
waj2306

File Cleanup Utility?

I have been using a great Guage cleanup tool for a long time. I was curious if there is/are any Sound/Effects ect. utilities out there that can clean these file of unused items? If not, what do most of ya'll do to clean these files out with? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Karlw

Please help active camera 2004

I just reinstalled active camera 2004 registered it and set all the keys but whenever I try to walk around or toggle the external view it doest do anything I set my step left to num 4 and whenever I press that in the vc it looks left but the camera stays ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
mossy

FS repaint troubles

I have recently downloaded GIMP (an open source alternative to photoshop) and I wanted fs repaint to use it instead of the inbuild editor. After a long time looking I finally found the .exe file needed to tell fs repaint to run it, and tried to edit an ai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
JVD

Aerosoft AES

Just dowloaded the Aerosoft AES demo and now I'm a bit stuck. I'm looking for the passengers that aerosoft puts in their adverts of the product. I've parked at ramps got the airstairs and hoped I would see passengers boarding or de-boarding when I asked t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Simmy

Starting FS 2004 without using disc 4

Some time ago someone posted a method of starting FS 2004 without inserting disc 4. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I have lost all my downloads etc. Can anyone help please? Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Brook

Keyboarding the Radios?

Is there a way to operate the radio/nav stack from the keyboard rather than going to the mouse? I have my right hand on the joystick and to manually operate the radios i have to come off the stick and grab the mouse. Also is there a quicker method...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djcevera on
Mc_GaNgStA

PMDG FMC Issue.

I'm having a problem with using the FMC during the last few stages of the flight. This is what I do usually. 1. Input flight details such as airport Origin and Destination. 2. Input weight and flap details. 3. Set departure runway. 4. Choose correct s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
Page 13 of 111