Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

cheezyflier

gliders

i rarely fly them, but i found a site which has a ton of them for download: http://www.fsglider.de/p_e.htm there are plenty for fsx as well but i didnt wanna make 2 posts...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
DIMITRIOSCOOL

PSS AIRBUS

Does anyone know where to get a lufthansa livery for any of the PSS A319, A320, A321?? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
waj2306

Pucker Factor Takeoff

I think I have a handle on this image/video thing! Please give feedback so I can really get it right. I did notice that the frame rates were off (a little jerky). http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii82/waj2306/?action=view¤t=fs92008-02-1201-06...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Simmy

Altimeter setting

Is it possible to alter the altimeter display from 'inches of Hg' to millibars for a Cessna in FS2004? If it is how is it done? Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
Nineball

Difficult airport

I just found a very difficult airport: Courchevel, France (LFLJ). The altitude is over 6000 ft, and the runway is only about 1700 feet long. To make matters worse, there are a bunch of trees right at the end of the runway in one direction, and a mounta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
90josue03

Anti-Aliasing problamo

Hello 😛 I have playing with no AA on FS, until yesterday I remember I can be turned on by adjusting my graphics card settings. I adjusted it and took a few shots, but then the game started to give me some kind of black line under the window...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
90josue03 on
Bran09

Adding Wing Views?

okay for the meljet boeing 777-236IGVB bRITTISH airways is there any wing views for that and how do i add them 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
90josue03

Head movement on aircrafts?

Hello! I'm pretty sure you guys know about The Mudry CAP-10B Aerobatic aircraft. And if you have used it then you know that it comes withe a pre-made head movement simulation. I was just wondering, and this goes mostly to all programmers, if there ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
rowcoach

snow/rain blowing behind ac

I know FSX has it, but is there anyway you can get rain/snow blowing behind planes as they move along the ground? thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
Bran09

problem with simmarket

okay guys i just ordered AES thing for the jetways to move but it says pending and when i go to download it it says that your download link has expired help please what does pending mean thanks! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bran09 on
rickypig112

F1 view

can anyone point me in the direction of the f1 view active camera. i have looked but cant find it. thanks happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bran09 on
90josue03

Payware For Free??

Hey guys! I recently saw this video of one of Carenado's aircrafts on Youtube, I didn't know if it was free or not so I asked the guy the posted the video. He said he got it for free from Pirate Bay. As far as I know using those websites to find fil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
eyton402

Download Site

I have just download Airfrance Concorde and an MD-90 from a site called FS Top Gun. The Concorde is not very convining in terms of sound, but it seems to fly okay. The MD-90 is, for me, maginificent.!! I will try a few more downloads....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eyton402 on

ground scenery

I remember buying FS Terrain for FS9 was good I think 'JustFlight' made it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
rowcoach

unhandled exception error

Hello, Has anyone receieved an 'unhandled exception error' when downloading AI traffic? I'm not sure what it means or how to fix it. Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
rowcoach

can't uninstall fs9

I may be missing some steps here, but I finding it impossible to completely uninstall FS9. When I put disk 1 in and click uninstall, the computer gets hung up and I get the message it is no longer responding. but when I run FS9, I get all these messages a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
twinpilots

[ Poll ] project open sky

hey i was just wandering what exactly project open sky and why are the files so big? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Bran09

Adding flight plans

okay this is really confuseing i have world of ai but i want create flight plans but when im done and i go into ttools the all the teext i try to find that i created i cant find to process it 😞 to compile it and stuff thanks guys please help fas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
walesdragon

LANDING

Well, since i'm a major n00b, i was wondering if i was landing the plane right. When i land, i always line up with the runway manually. When i get near the runway i get my speed down in the 150-170 zone then i lower the speed and i let the aircraft slowly...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
eyton402

Views from Cockpit

I ssem to have lost the ability to use all the views from the cockpit. The usual commands don't work anymore. I re-installed FS9 so I am assuming I have not ticked a box. Any help would be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
rowcoach

AI Traffic landing short

Greetings, I've notice recently that some of my AI planes are landing about 500 meters short of the runway. This becomes a little disconcerting when you are given clearance for take off from ATC. You line up on the runway and then have an AI plane rol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
scab12

waikato

I just download the waikato aircraft carrier. This isn't one of those quistion on how to use the catipult or the landing thing(sorry, don't know the name). 😂 Any who, I was watching some youtube video's and I saw that the elevator to the lower ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
walesdragon

Airshow AI anyone?

I was wondering if there was any airshow AI that is available to download. I looked around everywhere but i can't find anything. It would be fantastic if you guys could find something....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
morris91

FS9 Screenshot taker.

Just to let you know about this. Unlike FSX FS9 never had a screenshot button. But i know there one's like Click, Grab & Save and PrtSc ect... ect... Well i found this other software witch does the same thing if anyone wants to check it out. h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
ricsike

Ultimate traffic

Hello Everybody! I have a few questions about ultimate traffic. 1. I had ultimate traffic on my pc. I was flying to Moscow and soon as I arrived I noticed there's no planes on the airport. 😞 But when I fly to anywhere else there are aircrafts...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fatall on
papyl5

gear up recreation

Hi, its me , papyl5, in efforts to recreate some gear up landings, I FAILED. every time i touch down, after a while, such as in a 737 , 747 , 757 ,767 ,777, or any retractable gear aircraft, the gear eventually comes out!!!!!!! I was in the middle of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
papyl5 on
Fatall

Hi all

hi im now just answering some quistens you asked me in a pb so i had al mail that some one ordered fs9 and ask me what for addons etc. first of al i dont have a brillant pc or something its just the configuration i have real enviroment and nothin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
hammerdag

fsx and fs9 in together

I recently purchased fsx and am waiting to update my system until I install it..but I'd still like to play with it in the meantime..is it possible to install it and have fs9 and fsx on my system together?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
nottobe

767-300 touch-down speed?

flap 30 setting is 170 knots. Does that mean touchdown speed is 170 kts? It seemed a far too fast landing to me.........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
Cheeks

Editing exhaust for 767

I have a PW 767 Aeromexico, I saw one taking off and it was smoking as much as the Eric Cantu 727. The smoke effects are just as much as this 767 was doing. So my question is, can I edit the POSKY Aermexico 767 to use the smoke effects ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
walesdragon

FS2004 wingview

Hey guys! I was just wondering, do any of you guys know how to get wingview on FS2004? I got F1 view or something like that but it doesn't work......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
Tisca

Crew voices

Hello again all. In about 5 mounths i havent played MFS 2004, now i started again . When i installed it last time, i downloaded a program, that gave me a panel, or an option, where i could press from 1-10, and there would come announcments, like - "Wel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tisca on
walesdragon

Dogfighting on FS2004?

Hey guys. I was just wondering if there is a way to dogfight in FS2004. Is there some kind of program that lets you? If there is, could you let me know because i thought dogfighting on multiplayer would awesome....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
ARD-DC

Skysim MD11 FDE's

Hello fellow pilots, Does anyone here have decent FDE's for the Skysim MD-11? Although the panel doesn't look that great, the FMC is a laugh and the FDE's are absolutely crap, I do want an MD-11. The plus being it has a good range, an enormous am...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
scab12

Radar

On a bunch of my addon aircraft, I have a radar made by Eric Marciano. It comes up but it doesn't show any aircraft. I have done some tests by getting right next an AI aircraft in flight and turn the radar on but the plane doesn't apear on the radar. He...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Razgr1z912

Rudder Problem

My rudder always go's right, and i dont know why, but its really really really annoying, i go left but it will still go right every about 2 seconds it goes full right. I've checked the trim....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Razgr1z912

FS2004 Addons

I've installed FS04 (finally lol) and i want to know what addons you guys have installed to make it look beautiful 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Bran09

Helicopter fix

okay when i fly helicopters the go crazy they spin out of control is there a fix for this please help thanks! 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
walesdragon

Error: Failed to read from file message in FS2004

I was playing FS2004 and this happened quite a few times. I start up the game, load, taxi, take-off fly and Flight Simulator just closes and an error appears. "Error: Failed to read from file" Do any of you guys know what's going on?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
chezney

airline pilot

i want to be a pilot. can anybody help me? thanks for your help 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Razgr1z912

Cant install FS2004

I can't install it and I think its Vista because the box didn't say it could run on Vista. Is there any patch if that is the case? I put in Disc 1 and Windows Explorer locks up then i have to restart it and then try again but now I have to restart my co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
rowcoach

screen shots

Ever since I downloaded FS Passengers, I have been unable to take screen shots. Has anyone else run into this, and how do you fix it? Thanks?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Bartfs

Tuning Radio's

Hi, I want to practise some manual Tuning of the radio's? Is there a way to select that you can only manual operate the radio's?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
claytonlocher

New Computer: Best Specs for FS2004?

Hey All! I am looking to buy a new computer to run FS2004 with maxed-out settings and nice graphics, with above-all good FPS. My grandparents' have a nice Dell 530 with 2GB of RAM, a 128MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro video card I think, and an AMD Athlon X2 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
claytonlocher on
eyton402

Ground Image Flickering

Whenever/whatever I fly I experience flickering ground images, ie, buildings, lights, landscape etc. Could this be a graphic setting problem? Thanks in advance for any advice....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eyton402 on
Bran09

anti aliasing

look the planes are all jagged and stuff and i cant seem to fix it the video card i have is a graphics controllar video card so can you please help 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bran09 on
Karlw

Is thi modeld into fs?

I was flyng the pmdg 744 at flight level 310 running about 95.6 percent RPM when I climbed to Flight level 350 I was averaging 100% RPM now even though my engine is running at a higher RPM will the fuel consumption be less (even in flight sim 9)?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
CaptainEz

FSX Questions

Why are there folks asking FSX questions in a FS 04 forum ... FS 04 is still valid and with a few add-ons and tweeking it might be better than FSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainEz

Planning a route

Is there a way to calculate flight time and distance in flight planner before getting to the gate and realizing Oh snap i plotted a route thats too long...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
MJDykas

Adding Carriers, Flight Deck 4 , 5 Alphasim Big E and others

Ok , I'm pretty new to the whole world of MS flight sims, but I'm learning fast. I have both FSX and FS2004 loaded up. I started with FSX , liked it and then went out and bought 2004. I spend most of my time on 2004 but switch off to FSX for all the eye ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Page 12 of 111