Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

JJay

Making backups of FS9 CD's

With FS9 no longer being available and Microsoft seemingly departing the scene, I'm a little concerned about my CD's. In particular Disk 4 which has to be inserted each time the program is run. I tried to make a copy of disk 4 using Nero and tried it i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JJay on
yourtoserious

Weather, Real World?

Hello all, some of you might know that ive re-installed FS9, but im not tired of flying without and clouds, storms, winds ect.. When i set up a flight and select 'real world' the FPS drop, and the gauges (speed and alt) bounce around, while im sit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
darrenvox

going around in circles...

before i post my message just be warned that this is not going to be a 1 or 2 liner....just so you know... hi guys, i may not have many post here but i have a problem with a certain area that i fly by alot in FS2004. I have installed and reinstalled FS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
hecrowell

contact point problem

Contact Point Settings -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Aircraft was modeled with FSDS for FS2004. When viewed in FS, The main gear was burried in the ground about 1/3 of the way to the axle. Nosegear...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hecrowell on
yourtoserious

Overland or Posky

which is better for downloading aircraft/repaints ect... at the moment i have Overland airbus and boeing package, but im having problems. The A380 struggles to climb The A340 struggles to Taxi and climb + the ILS autoland doesnt want to work.. B...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
wingman747

B-747-400 fuel feed schematics

Hi guys does anybody know a web site were i can find B-747-400 fuel feed schematics and how much in each tank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wingman747 on
yourtoserious

Best Weather Add On...

Hello.. im currently using ultimate weather, but i dislike it... + any reason why when i change the weather to 'cold fronts' my simulator lags, and messes up my gauges? id actually like to fly with clouds instead of an empty sky lol 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
hizmercy

Can't Add FS9 Repaints

Hi there, Recently I purchased FSD's Pilatus PC-6 Landplane/Amphibian/Skiplane bundle. I also have Flight1's ATR72. I've found some wonderful repaints for each aircraft of airplanes that fly around where I live. So I went ahead and pasted the files in a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
quincysw

FS Navigator Registration

I purchased FS Navigator some time ago and unfortunately have lost my registration details. Does anyone know how I can retrieve them. regards Brian...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wingman747

HI RADARMAN CAN I USE THIS AS MY AVATAR http://www.pirepics.com/displayimage.php?album=44&pos=3...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wingman747 on
nyguy72000

Free my CD!

Is there any way I can run FS9 w/o having to always put the CD into the D Driver? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Alex Chown

Jetways and ramp vehicles

Ha, I'm just how to get some jetways and ramp vehicles, etc for fs2004. A reply from anybody with any download websites or ideas that would be great. Cheers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
444Pilot on
sonicninja

Sonic back in the cockpit!!!

Ahoy there folks, a big hello to all the guys that remember me from old. I retired from flight simming about 4 and half years ago as my wife was had become an "FS9 widow" and i couldn't even recognise my kids anymore :oops: Anyways, im back and it feel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
pearlygatesuk

SimpleFMC

Anybody know how using this program you can create STAR's and SID's for airports not actually covered by the program?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
roma01

Impossible flying with FS2004

I cannot fly with FS2004 because, before flying, doesn't load, it stops at 1%. Close the game and send a message to Microsft. The error report is: Identifying the cause App.name fs9.exe App.ver 9.1.0.40901 Mod.ver. 0.0.0.0 Offeset: 0000006b Mod. U...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
darrenvox

is it supposed to be like that??

Ive been flying around in the freeware F-5A and have noticed that when i turn it wobbles alot, and im not sure that its supposed to do that or even just a bit...it really wobbles... so heres the aircraft.cf for it title=F-5A sim=F-5A model= pan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
strgazer1

air file problem

I get a message that says,try obtaining a new air file. what do I do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
eserice

How to recover the Sopwith Camel

I deleted the original Sopwith Camel from my computer (only the gauges remain), and I want to recover it. I have explored the original FS disks, but I do not know how to find the plane (or any other plane for that matter). ¿Any ideas?....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eserice on
RichT

Moving all AI traffic from one airport to another

Hi guys I have now installed Bangkok Suvarnabhumi (VTBS) airport and would like all my AI traffic to use this airport instead of Bangkok Intl (VTBD). All my AI traffic is provided by MyTraffic 2010 package. Can anyone tell me if there is any easy an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
beroun

Editing .cfg files

Hi just had opportunity to edit panel.cfg file to add gauge to my B777.when opening file I was asked what application to use and I used Word - got Office 2007. All worked fine, I saved the file in Word and gauge is showing OK. After this all .cfg f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
nyguy72000

screen resolution

My NVIDIA card says for me to use 1920X1200 screen resolution. I have a 25.5" Asuss video screen. Would it hinder/help my frame rates if I changed to a different resolution, say, 1280X760X32? Also, should I use the 16 instead of 32. I have Windows 7 64 bi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
Westernstyle

Longest Virtual Flight?

Mine happens to be Dubai to JFK, Emirates A380, supposed to be 10 hours, turns into 12. 😳 Complated recently. Yours? 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Panter02 on
yourtoserious

Weather...

yooo im having some problems with weather on fs2004 when ever i set the weather to real world, or cold fronts ect the speed dials on the plane go mad. so then when i set the autopilot, the throttles are on full because it doesnt know what speed im...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
honuala on
fupi

Off Course...What to Do?

Hi Everyone! I have been thinking about taking a long flight from Vancouver to Sydney, but I am having a problem. I would like to set it up to fly overnight and then I would come in the morning to land. My problem is, When I go and set up a route i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
honuala on
7ECA-Captain

Lost Key ...

Hi, All I was installing my old FS9 the other day and for some reason have missplaced the key. Does anyone know how to obtain it, or failing that can send me a copy on PM of theirs. Cheers.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
RichT

Running FS2004 on Windows7

I previously ran FS9 on Windows XP but am now transferring over to Windows7. In XP I was advised to modify the system registry to stop Windows updating my files last access date on files every time they were read. I did this and it greatly improved the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
RichT

Changing lights

I have some aircraft whose exterior lights (nav, beacon, strobe etc) look too big and bright, what I call the fuzzy look. I have looked in the aircraft.cfg file to see if I can change the light value or change the appropriate file it is using for the l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
RichT

Grey smoke now pink???

Since moving my FS from Windows XP to Windows7 I have had nothing but problems with simple tasks. The latest is the grey smoke that used to come out from my MD80 series aircraft. Now, for some weird and wonderful reason, it is pink instead of grey!! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Paiute

FS 2004 "Sensitivity" and "Null Zone" Se

Does anyone have any tips on how to adjust the FS 2004 "sensitivity" and "null zone" settings? Does moving the "sensitivity" indicator to the right increase or decrease the sensitivity? Does moving the "null zone" indicator to the right make the null ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
RichT

Saitek X52 Pro rudder pedals prob

Have recently started re-building FS9 from scratch as I have now installed Windows7. I went through the task of re-assigning the various functions to my Saitek X52 Pro joystick and rudder pedals. I cannot however assign the left and right brakes to the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
DJ-DaN

FMC Tutorial

Hey guys. Can anyone provide me with an FMC tutorial for the PMDG 737NG. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
calum

PMGD 747 ils approaches

Hi Guys, I don't know how to use the FMC, but on all other planes I enter the runway ils codes on the NAV radio and fly a precision approach that way. I cant seem to to work out how to do that on the PMGD 747. Could someone who uses this plane pleas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
MrSam

PSS 777 FMC

The FMC manual that came with the PSS 777 was no help at all. Is there anyone who knows of a good place to find help with this thing? I've set up the takeoff fine with the FMC, but I can't get the plane to follow the correct path during flight....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Falconfixer

Rant - Megascenery

I'm p/o'd at Megascenery. Doesn't look very real to me. Add shows a shot of Fed Ex field but all that shows when flying is the old RFK stadium on the Anacostia river. It looks like the original scenes in FS9. I have all the files set at priority 1 thru 13...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Falconfixer on
jianqing

What can I say? :(

POSKY(project opensky)'s A330 has a lot of problems. When I land softly and slowly on the center line, I........ ******************************************* Flight AG843 End of flight report Date January 31 2010 Flight ID:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
jianqing

WOW! what a landing!

Flight UB563 End of flight report Date January 26 2010 Flight ID: UB563 Pilot: Hongming Zheng Company: World Travel Aircraft: Project Opensky -- Boeing 777-200 - British Flight Date: January 26 2010 Departure: 22h42 (06h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
jianqing

HELP! What will happen when i get to c23 on fspassengers

Hi, I've heard that there is a bug in fspassengers that when you get to c23, you'll start as a new pilot(c0), I've seen that there is a fix for this, but i am not sure if i will turn to c0 when i reach c23, anyone else know? Do i have to download the fix?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
allagras

Managing Failures!

HI, does anyone know of anywhere that has some discussion / procedures on managing failures in FS2004? I'm still new to simming so not 100% sure of procedure, and im not a pilot IRL, so am a bit lost! Im currently flying the PSS B777 and have the failu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
allagras on
earthdog

metricFS v1 [Open BETA] for FS2004

Hi All and Happy new Year! For the past couple of months i have been working on an application for FS2004. I incorporated some things that i wanted to be able to do when i am flying. Other than that i wanted to be able to also measure some other metric...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthdog on
Bran09

WATER Texture problem

when i add a water texture add on and i go into flight sim its just this big ugly dark blue and every time i try to change it its still the same help please :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
jianqing

after this i was promoted to senior flight captain!(c12)

*********************************************************** Flight ID: IF636 Pilot: Hongming Zheng Company: World Travel Aircraft: Project Opensky -- Boeing 777-200 - British Flight Date: December 30 2009 Departure: 13h29 (21h29 GMT) Arrival...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
MJDykas

How to view AI Traffic in FS9

I've been away from the sim for awhile now, just starting to put it all back together and I'm having some teething problems......I remember viewing all of my AI traffic, but I forgot how I did it.....I know you would select Air Traffic view , but I can't ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
jianqing

A''I'' Traffic

AI traffic, the ''I'' stands for Intelligence, I am gonna say they are not ''Intelligent'': 1. Sometimes ATC tells them to hold position because of another plane taking off and they hold with a part of their plane on the runway. 2. the other AI traf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
Luckyone

FS Passangers, REALLY REALLY RANDOM WAR IN AMERICA!!

OK, So I was just happy flying along, playing fs passenger (demo version!). I was flying from San Francisco to Sacramento. When all of a sudden, my passengers are all freaking out because we where flying over a ‘WAR ZONE’… aahhh HUH!!! Now im not fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
Vengashii

Pushback and turning

I seem to have a problem whenever I pushback - my aircraft doesn't turn when I press "1" or "2." I hold down the keys, I press it repeatedly, but the plane doesn't turn. Has anyone had this problem before? I always have to stop pushback and just some thru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vengashii on
hms_endeavour

FLIGHTGEAR

Hi again guys, just wondered if you knew about this apparently very good freeware flight simulator called flight gear? You can download the 12GB( :ill: )slimu at www.flightgear.org for free apparently it should have lots of good graphics and planes. C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
444Pilot

A disturbing situation...

I just activated FS Dreamteam LAs Vegas McCarran on my system (it had been in the demo mode previously). I had purchased Cloud9 KLAX 2 weeks ago. I also have aerosoft AES on my system as well. When I tried to acitvate AES with the new change, I got a curi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
Goldenvoice

Command so FS changes automatically to high resolution?

OK, I've been using FS9 for 4 years, and once, merely by accident, I pushed (as I recall 2 keys at once) on my keyboard, and the game automatically change my monitor resolution to a wonderful high resolution. Before that I had played with high res, but c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
waj2306

I need to vent!!!!!

Trying to get a straight answer out of POSKY in their own support forum, is like pulling teeth! Here is a lesson for all you EXPERTS! If someone asks for help with a product you developed, don't be afraid that the person will become better than you an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
papab

REX for FS2004 has been released

Quote: Phoenix, Ariz. - Real Environment Simulations is pleased to announce the release of the long-awaited software, Real Environment Xtreme for Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9). "We've received many inquires about our REX technologies incorpo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
papab on
Page 7 of 111