Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

CallumH239

Thrown out the sky

Ok so I was doing a flight from KBOS to KPHL I put stormy weather on. I was about 29,000ft I looked at the t.v then looked back at the screen and my plane was taking a dive a very steep one. I managed to keep it undercontroll and landed at KORN and saved...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
D5Tweddle

Creating a AI flightplan for Airlineair

Hope someone can help! I currently have loads of woai flights on my FS9, however on the Air France package, Airlineair (operate ATR flights from CDG to near Europe/France) are not included (they fly the Paris CDG-Bristol route). I have downloaded a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
fupi

ATC Won't Work

Recently I flew an Air Canada flight from Winnipeg to Toronto. I had a problem though. After Take-off the ATC told me to contact Winnipeg Center. Winnipeg Center gave me my heading, but never contacted me again. They didn't tell me to change frequency...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
444Pilot

New sound files for the PMDG 737 & 747, LevelD767 and CS

I want to change the engine sounds for my PMDG 73747, LevelD763 and CS752. Freeware is preferred (payware would definitely be considered). I have heard stories in the past about software conflicts when some folks changed the sound files for certain aircra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
letmepass

Control system

Hallow everyone:] I want to ask, is there any programs or maybe in game settings to control the aircraft with the mouse like in fsx?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
444Pilot

seeking free, or payware PLR/ MRR flight sim products

I am seeking free, or payware PLR/ MRR (Private Label Rights and Master Resell Rights) flight simulator related products. I searched Google using different key words but I am coming up with everything but flight sim stuff sad.gif Any suggestions or referr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tomviator

VOR Idenifier is wrong PLEASE HELP

For some reason recently I noticed my home field KGON's VOR identifier (GON) is identifying TMU... it even shows up as TMU on the map. I have no idea when and how this got changed or how to correct it. If anyone knows how please let me know....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
Aldeeb

GrabClipSave

I have this software on my pc but for some reason it refuses to take screenshots whtn "PrtScr" is keyed - it did once but no more. I thought of de-installing the program and re-installing but can't find it in any "download" - can anybody please point m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aldeeb on
444Pilot

A disturbing thing happened last night...

This is the mystery of the year for me... I will recap what I did before I encountered the issue - I merely installed the Cloud 9 LAX demo software to my FS9 system, along with FSDreamteam Las Vegas (demo version) - both from the official software sites...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
shubham96

AES Boeing 777 Aircraft parameters

hello everyone , i have downloaded the AES 1.9.2 and i want the aircraft parameters for the default B777 used in FS2004. if possible , can someone give me the parameters for the Wilco Boeing 777 ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
shubham96 on
matthewmontgomery

FS9 Installation Help

When Im installing FS9 because FSX is horrid! The installation process goes to 95% and then holds and then this box pops up and it says "Cannot Create world.cab" Anyone know what may be causing this? I am running Windows Vista x32bit! Thanks in advance!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
matthewmontgomery on
Phoebe

Panel Light Glitch

After reinstalling FS2004, I can no longer cycle the panel lights in the Virtual Cockpit view. I can turn them on and off in the Cockpit view, but in Virtual Cockpit when I click to turn on, the little huorglass appears for a moment and nothing happens. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
effieveda

ATC Communication

Does anyone out there know of a way to talk to the tower to which your comm one radio is tuned, without having to await it's appearence on the ATC's " Airport Nearer/Further to You List"? I would like to make contact before I get within nine miles of the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
airglider

missing language.dll

hy, I am looking for the english language.dll file for fs9 can somebody help me with it? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
maiochine on
Liono

Some Useful Files... All Freeware

Enjoy FS Super Help Guide https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1114/fs-super-help-guide/ FSUIPC Version 3.48 https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1689/fsx-fsuipc/ << Must Have New Contrail Effects: https://flyawaysimulati...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
matlika93 on
7ECA-Captain

Groom Lake, AKA Areas51,Homey Airport, Dreamland, etc

Hi Is area 51 in the FS9 database? I can't seem to find it and I'm sure it is in FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RichT

Graphics going crazy!

I have a very strange and annoying situation. Usually sometime after I have started a flight (can be anythihng from 30 minutes to a couple of hours) the graphics start to go haywire. The best way to describe is like looking through a kaleidescope or so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
captainjones27

BAD_POOL_CALLER and DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

This problem is irritating. I got my new PC today. It works wonderfully and so I installed FS9 with all of my addons, Saitek Cyborg Evo and my Saitek Cyborg X. I ran flight sim but when it was generating the scenery database it came up with an error th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Daz66

Flight sim 2004 on vista

Since going from XP to Vista i feel i want to go back to Flight sim 2004 as a lot of the plane downloads like firefox don't work in flight sim x. Does flight sim 2004 work okay in Windows Vista ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
captainjones27

FS9 BAD_POOL_HEADER

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but say it it is not. ========================================= I have recently overcome a problem with my Saitek Cyborg X. It wasn't being recognised by my computer and the 'Saitek Cyborg X (HID)' appeared w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captainjones27 on
D5Tweddle

Airline Callsigns that I don't know...little help?

Hello, I hope there are some people who might know the answers for me, and help if possible. I am trying to find out the airline callsigns for the following (I have googled, Bing'ed and Yahoo'ed but not found any answers, even been on their websites, but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
RichT

Extremely worried - FS2004 won't start!!

HELP!! I am very worried. Today as I normally do I started GEII pro and began by downloading the AS6 sky metars. As I did this a message came up saying something about FS and new Active Sky something or other (I didn't really pay much attention to it), bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
jeffb57

The Last Straw

My friends, I have just about reached the end of the chain when it comes to Flight Simulator. It seems as if I spend more time jockeying around with the graphics settings in an attempt to get a stable 30 FPS than I spend flying. I've come here to app...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
RichT

GPS incorrect

Can someone please explain the following to me. I take off, climb to cruising height and set auto-throttle. I look at the GPS and it tells me my ETA is for example 16:00. Several hours later I return to check everything is OK, and the ETA had changed t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
tazz126

fsuipc 9.1.0.40.901

fsuipc 9.1.0.40.901 i got warning saying my aircraft is no longer avalabule were do i get this from i unistalled my flight sim and my aircraft dont load no moor :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainDale

How to change splashcreen on FS9

Hi Im having trouble changin the fs9 splashscreen. Ive downloaded a couple I like but dont know where to put the file. It doesnt really explain properly in the readme. Thanks for any help. Cpt Dale ;)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainDale on
honuala

1-2fps when in fullscreen

ok when in full screen im getting less than 2 fps but in windowed mode im locked at 25....any ideas???? specs Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612) Language: Englis...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
honuala on
VicDel

ICAO CODE FOR PR9

Hi All it's me again. Would like to know what's the icao code for Canberra PR9. This I want to use in my flight plan and also need it to put it on when I am connecting on to IVAO :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VicDel on
flysully

graphics

i was wondering if there was any way to get better graphics or ram for a laptop.is there any external system i can get and if so please give me the link to the webpage...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Clipperoceanpearl

Where to download easygauge?

Hello I am looking for the program easygauge. but i cant find it on the internet. is anyone knowing where i can buy that program....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
keffassefa

Magnetic compass error?

Hi everyone. I am using FS9 since it was released, recently I have a permanent error on the heading. To my surprise the magnetic compass shows about 150° to 180° error. Like if the aircraft is at CYPK, Pittmeadows airport rwy 26L (in Canada) the magne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
keffassefa on
7ECA-Captain

Unistall...

Hey there, I've had no luck in resolving the control issues within FS2004 and no matter what I've tried the controls in the sin remail with the ailerons in a hard right bank. This is now prevelant with all the aircraft making FS2004 useless. I 've tried u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
fasteddie60

Pro Pedals USB Taxying issues

I have tried different settings on MFS X for my pedals and I still find taxying quite difficult. I also notice the differential brakes too sensitive. I have CH Products Pro Pedals USB. One other thing, when I am flying the Dash 8 turboprop, the plane t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fasteddie60 on
Westernstyle

Goodbye Fs2004.

Farewell Fs2004, with your bad frames, im am switching to FSX now. 😞 Farewell....... :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
dbphiladlephia

2004 Autopilot/Altitude Issues

Howdy - lurk here often, but haven't posted until now... I've been having this issue for some time now, but never sweated it much until learning how to perform ILS approaches. I'll take off, level off as per ATC, set the autopilot and switch it on. Eve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dbphiladlephia on
JTH

Boeing 737-300 flight instructional video - a must download!

I recommed everyone here download this: It's a really excellent 1hr 33min video in which the pilot talks you through a return trip from London Stansted to Lisbon through several in-cockpit cameras in a B737-300. During the flight, he talks you through ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
aussieman1x on
Bran09

video recording

is there a free program to record flightsim thnaks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flt634 on
7ECA-Captain

Virtual Museum

Here's the scoop... -You are able to found your own Virtual Air Museum, funds are unlimited to purchase ten aircraft of your choice. Which Aircraft would you acquire for your collection? Capt Scots Picks; 1 P-51D 2 Spitfire MKVI 3 F-86 Sabre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
7ECA-Captain

Saitek...

Hi, I've been thinking of adding a set of Saitek Pro Throttles to go with the CH combat stick I got for xmas so I can use a stand alone throttle instead of the slider on the stick. In the P-51 for example it would be cool to be able to use the three lever...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
charliewilkins

Missing textures in fsx - Any work around that works

Hi folks.I'm just bought fsx as a upgrade to fs 2004 and cant get any add on aircraft to work -ie missing textures.Has any one developed a fix for this.I cant disable the dx 10 preview,I just no picture at all doing that and tried the add-on converter too...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
7ECA-Captain

Saitek Throttle Problem...

Hi, wondering if anyone in here has encountered a similar problem with Saitek Pro Throttles? I find the levers do not emulate those in the sim, so when selecting full power, only partial power is reflected in the sim. I can correct this by using the respe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Brook

747 Elevator Trim

The FS9 747-400 doesn't seem to have any trim indicator on it's panel. Is this the case in real life? How do I know where my trim is set, particularly for takeoff? I've had some ugly nose-too-high situations getting the jumbo off the ground....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
SpiderWings

Sheesh....

I am embarrassed by how long I've been away. And I see so many topics I want to catch up on. I've put a big dent in all the real life distractions from my flying and hope to get back into the virtual cockpit again and also finish up with my recreation...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
pholmis

ILS landing with a 737-800 in FS2004

Enebody now howe to make a right ILS Landing whit boeing 737-800 using skydeck panel when you are at list 31nm from the runway. 1. starting with GPS and what next please help me with the rest. exeuse me for my english i speak better then i wrigh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
RichT

Identifying and removing unwanted scenery

I have recently installed the excellent FlyTampa Hong Kong scenery. Unfortunately I have a few grey skyscrapers which I cannot remove sitting in the water and across the main bridge left from other Hong Kong enhancements. I have removed all previous en...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
beroun

Landing near misses

Hi, I like to fly in busy skies and often when I am landing another aircraft cuts infront of me in non-realistically close distance. Passes me and howers for landing right infront of my nose. I than need to go-around. Is there any remedy for this? Some t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
7ECA-Captain

Game will not load...

So after downloading a freeware aircraft (alphasims C-170B) and flying it for a bit. I exited the game. Now FS2004 won't load? I open flight sim and get the opening screen which then goes black before returning to my desktop. I've tried reloading and I ge...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Westernstyle

FS2004 runs like ****

My fs2004 is running like :censored:. Im getting very sick of it, because even at 800x600 frame, and all slides low, 10 fps at MCO. I am using SKAI, full slider. Any advice? Oh, and my apperence of other objects is super bad, do a strate wing would look r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Razgr1z912

FS9 General Addons

What are the general must have addons (that are not airplane specific) for FS9? I want to make it look really good....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie1978 on
horrgakx

3D Glasses?

Has anyone got/tried/used/binned/recommended any 3D glasses before? There seem to be two types, the cheaper "shutter" type which alternate the frames on your monitor, and the more expensive ones with true images for each eye being shown in the headset ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Page 8 of 111