Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

pilatflyr

PMDG Circumnavigation

Hey all, I'm starting a circumnavigation tonight...in a PMDG 747 model. I will be starting in San Francisco tonight at around 5:00 local time. The stops will be as follows: ~San Francisco - Heathrow ~Heathrow - Frankfurt ~Frankfurt - Hong Kong ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
les_

Second screen

Hi All, I have two screens connected to a graphic card with two outputs. When I run FSX it picks up both screen and I am able to use both. In MS2004 the second screen remains as Windows desktop and not available in the game. (can move mose there, but n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
AirBadger

Product Key Worry

Hello again all From my recent post you’ll remember that I’ve just bought FS9 but won’t have a PC to install it on until next week. I’ve been leafing through various posts here in the forums in the hopes of finding little nougats of wisdom t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Fuel rate

how do you make the fuel last longer? i have used the 787 and it struggles to get to even mach .60 when at around 37000ft other for instance the 747 i can get to around m.81 which is best?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
flightsimbaby

salt lake city airport

Has anybody seen a software program for the Salt Lake City International Airport. I know I have seen it, but forgot where it was. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flightsimbaby on
nottobe

a must-have for VFR pilots: free sectional charts

http://skyvector.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on

New to FS 2004

My new user account is currently in the approval stage but since I have the day off today I'd like to get started. I'm new flight sims and have just installed FS2004 on my rig. Can someone reccommend any must have add-ons or downloads that I should sta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Ryan8000

Getting Visual flight path to work

hi wondering if anyone can help me with my problem getting the visual flight path to work??Im currently practising on FS 2004 i do know how to access it on the menu and length but it seems never to be seen its worked once and never again.Does it have to b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dannyboy2005

32 Bit & 64 Bit

Hello I'm going to purchase Vista. I have a AMD Athlon 4800+ Processor. It's dual core. Does this mean that the processor is 64 bit or 32 bit? 32 bit, single core? 64 bit, dual core? Should i get Vista that supports 64 bit (if thats what my proc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
BobFam

Aircraft Container Manager Activation

Is there any way to get the activation key for the Aircraft Container Manager? I have the Version 2.5 unregistered program and want to get it activated. They are no longer in business as far as I can see. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks, regard...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BobFam on
crosscheck9

Speedup for fs9

I'm not a whiz with computer like many on the forum, so I had to ask you an important question. When runnng speedup for fs9, how do I know which programs are safe to kill, and which one's I have to keep running? I'm afraid to kill and important program,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
longview_22

2 Engine jets... Bouncing???

Hi there, Whenever I fly aircraft such as the boeing 737, A330, 777 whenever I reach my peak altitude, above 30,000ft.... The aircraft will fly but will bounce up and down... this is not turbulance... its def something I am doing wrong.. If anyone ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
longview_22 on
HowardsRock

SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

Okay...this is really weird. As I'm cruising down the runway during takeoff, everything looks ok as far as the IAS, flaps, and everything else. I can take off when the IAS reaches the necessary indicated speed, but the plane itself (what I actually se...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HowardsRock on
flight sim baby

right engine not working

I lose the right engine upon landing the 737-all models I have. I also sometimes start the engines and the right engine will start, but will not throttle up properly when using the joystick. It will work if I use the throttle on the console. Any help? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wombat457 on
shirke01

where can i download landing countdown in FS2004

and other warning as well....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
shirke01 on
7dream8liner7

When to use lights?

I was just wondering what are the rules or guidelines for when to use the Nav, Strobe, Beacon, Landing, and Taxi lights. Thanks a bunch!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
dme43

any project ai packages with airbus and boeing aircraft in?

as the title says...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
mossy

New pc with windows vista. Will fs2004 run?

I should recieve my new computer within the next month. As far as hardware is concerned I am very very happy with it - it is more than five times more powerful than my current pc, but I am not so sure about the software. It comes with windows xp media edi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
737lover

I need the European tour hoplist please

Can someone please give me the European tour hop list? You can either email me at www519@janetva.org or just post a reply here, thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737lover on
N8laker

767 Varig Landing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ApjUfSAc8 check out my new video using the leveld 767 varig colors landing at Conhangas airport...with nice scenary and nice buildings!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
flightsim2004carzydude

fs2004 (language.dll)

hi could some1 tell me how to get language.dll resource working please thankyou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flightsim2004carzydude on
davina

Why are my add-ons causing problems?

A couple months ago I installed flight sim on to my new laptop, and then bought a few add on aircraft packages. When i installed the first add on a message came up just after trying to load flight sim 2004 saying ' The version of FS2004 detected is no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Bad directions from ATC on ILS approaches??

I've had this happen a few time now on ILS approaches into San Francisco. ATC gives me a heading and an altitude and tells me to hold both until I'm "established on the localizer". I break though the clouds only to find I'm nowhere near SFO. Once I ended ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on

Deleted gauges Help!!!

I made a big mistake I accidentally deleted some default gauges for FS9! 😞 I don't know which ones I am missing. is there a way I can get them back without reinstalling FS9? :x...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
dme43

Jeppensen charts for FS (free???)

is there any free jeppensen charts on the net for use in FS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
matt4666 on
Cochise

Saving your settings?

Hey guys, am having a huge dilemma with FS2004. Every time I exit flightsim it forgets my settings. Everything down to my new keyboard commands are lost and I have to go through the tedious process of re assigning everything once I restart. I’ve started...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jamie4590

FS Flight Plan Duration Estimator

How accurate is the flight time estimator in FS2004? In FS2002 if I select a 1000nm flight in Concorde it gives a flight duration of about 1 hour which must mean I fly at cruise speed (M2.04) from the departing runway to the destination runway. There...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
KevinTsai

[ Poll ] What's your fastest touchdown speed in the flightsim?

I wonder if it's possible to land a plane very, very fast. Without applying the gear blowing off at high speeds, what's the fastest touchdown speed you've ever had? Is it possible to land a plane over 1,000 knots in a flightsim without the gear blow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KevinTsai on
AirBadger

Up, Up & Away... Finally!

Hi all After being without a PC for over a year now I am just about to get my paws on one again, donated by a good friend who has just upgraded. It has better specs than my ex machine which means the good news is that I finally get to try FS2004! I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
x pilot

How to take photos in fs9

hi guys wondering how you take pics in fs9? fsx is just pressing v thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
dme43

how/where can we download new/modified views 4 activecamer?

hey everyone, just wondering where we can download modified/new activecamera views, or how to do it manually so that your beside the front landing gear looking towards the engines and wings thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dme43 on
tinico

looking for a water effect

hello! I am looking for an effect where when flying low altitude, high speed above water, the water breaks apart... does anyone have it, does it exist? Thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tinico on
dme43

Any wing contrails?

hey again! Is there a freeware addon which gives the wingtips of aircraft 'contrails'? ive always wanted to have it on fs9 and have been looking without any luck :dontknow: :surrender:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
shirke01

How to add different

How to add different Airlines trademark and logo in FS2004? I like to change trademark in 747...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
lowensteinbs

SID/STARS Update problems

Hi, I recently tried to update my SID/STARS for the PMDG 737 and now I cannot access certain airports. A particular one in question is KATL and when I try to set an arrival into KATL, I get an error message saying that there is a problem with runway 1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lowensteinbs on
dannyboy2005

.BGL Editor

Where can i get a .BGL editor programe? (Scenery Designers, you will know what i mean)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
shirke01

How can i turn off

Clicking noise in 747 after it reach speed above 370...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wombat457 on
tinico

msfs2004 shut down

I have downloaded and installed an F14, I can only use it if I load and start flying a default plane then load the F14 or else if I choose the F14 and click the fly now button to start a flight, msfs 2004 shuts down, no error screen nothing, as if I had s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Zanettelondon

Deleted Aircraft

I have deleted by accident the default cessna skyhawke and because of this I cannot initiate my FS9.Do you guys know how to solve this problem???? Thanks, A Zanette London - UK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
trancemania

letting auto pilot control ONLY the plane speed and not head

Hi There, I hope someone has experienced this before. Im flying the Level d 767. I want the auto pilot to control the speed of the plane on approach ONLY I want to fly it manually but i dont know how to do it.The autopilot doesnt let me contro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on

Boeing 737-300-400-500

Hello I have recently purchased 737 pilot in command and I am having trouble with the autopilot. After take off I input the altitude and the heading the ATC has told me to put in and then click all the buttons the manual tells me to click and the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
FlatheadSmith

Do Not Buy Capt Sim Legendary C-130

As of 2/1/07: Sometime around 1/19/07, I purchased the complete Legendary C-130 product line (5 downloads total) and I have not installed them correctly as of today. I am not satisfied with the Technical Support Group responses, they write back to me (in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FlatheadSmith on

scroll

hey people The scroll wheel on my mouse does not work in FS9, does anybody know why or how i can get it working? happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

ADVENTURESKY

Adventuresky is a new site where you will find FS2004 Adventures with their own files for a great flight. We also fly these in groups from Fridays at 12:00 Noon EST to Sunday at midnight in our server and TS We have pilots from USA, Canada, Mexico, Pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

cabin

i have a meljet 777-300 with virtual cabin. i have seen videos on websites showing the virtual cabin, i was wondering how i go about moving around the virtual cabin and even sitting in the seats there. Thanks for your help happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on

Intresting fact obut 737-400

In a real 737-400 you do not normaly use 40 degree flaps. You only use 40 in an emergency. Most people put flaps at 40 but that is acctually not realistic, unless of course you call it an "emergency"....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
shirke01

How can i add Airbus A380 in FS2004

How can i add Airbus A380 in FS2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
dazsmith

Help no gps in fs2004

Hi, ive just installed fs 2004 and it installs ok. When i select an aircraft and go to fly i get no gps or any icons to click on i mean for radio/gps/compass/atc/ the little icons on the panel are missing, ive tried reinstalling and no luck can anyone hel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
mandydog

disk #4

Is there any way to start FS9 without using Disk #4 ???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
CRJCapt

Pulsating Visual Approach Slope Indicator (PVASI)

The PVASI is a rare approach lighting aid that has been replaced at many airports. Houston West airport (KIWS) still has one on runway 15, it's interesting to use on a dark night. It's in FS, try it.🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Page 22 of 111