Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Mc_GaNgStA

Descent with FMC.

I can do most of the FMC operations on the PMDG 737-600 NG aircraft except the descent. Any help please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
waj2306

FSSound.dll?

I recently downloaded a MELJET paint kit and installed it without any problems. However........When I start FS, I get the following: ERROR - FS9 FS has detected a potentially incompatible aircraft or software. FSSound.dll Do you want to load th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
Dorianee

fs2004 ground sky textures.....frame rate help

my pc is not the best in the world and upgrading is NOT possible now......just to give u a little info about my pc....the cpu runs at 500 mhz.....i no...its horrible.............but does anyone have a SPACIFIC link to were i can download some replacement ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jamie4590

Joystick over sensitive

When I first plugged in my joystick the sensitivity was perfect. I would need to pull all the way back to take off etc. When I installed the latest drivers for the stick the sensitivity changed so when I pulled back on the stick it would also bank left or...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
turtleguy101

joystick twist / rudder problems???

Ummm i just baught the saitek x52 joystick and throttle thing. It works great and looks cool and all but when i start up fs2004, and get on the runway and take off, the throttle pedals get stuck at like 54% left or something wierd (diffrent every time) an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
turtleguy101 on
calum

Radar Contact

Hi Guys, I just ordered Radar Contact today. I was having a quick scan through the manual, and it looks as if you need some additional software to create flight plans. This software I think would need to be compatable with Radar Contact. I would be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mpenziboy on
hewqtor

Problem with Beechcraft Baron

Hi, I have a very big problem when driving Beechcraft Baron which is used for CPL. It's called a complex aircraft, right? My problem is when I use the plane, the bank level also not stable - it always tends to the left and the elevators are very very su...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Chris102

Entrance Exam

I'm going to take the entrance exam to join Air France VA. What can I study so I am ready?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
SpiderWings

Helicopters a real challenge... but with new hardware....

I'm experiencing some bitter sweet realizations after upgrading my ram and installing a new graphics card which GREATLY improves the performance of FS2004 on my marginal computer. I love it in almost all ways. However.... .... when it comes to hel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
mustangpilot

WOW!!! and a little help please

Got FS9 COF up and running this afternoon and WOW WOW WOW!!! Tried simple scenery and it flew super smooth, Tried with low/med scenery and clouds, still silky smooth with NO jumping or juddering....gonna try more settings later. One thing though.... Ac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
Guest55

Twinkling or fluttering

I'm having a terrible time withTwinkling or fluttering what ever you want to call it. In 2004 the trees, buildings and even the runway seem to come alive when you start moving. Have fooled with AA, AFiltering and MMapping till I'm blue in the face and no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djcevera on
Odyssey

Problem with CRJ-200

I have downloaded two different CRJ-200s and both give me a problem. When I fill the tanks up to nearly half way there it becomes too heavy to fit all passengers on the plane meaning most of my flights have to be very short. Can this be altered in the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KevinTsai on
Drew1991p.c

How and where to tune for a ils landing

hi i've been on flight simultors for a while now, but the only thing i don't know how to do is tune for a ils landing, i don't know where you find the frequency from which you have to enter. also i don't know where you enter this frequency. could someone ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
AirBadger

An Odd Point of View.

Hi Is it just me or are the "view" controls for FS9 a little hit and miss? For the moment at least I'm limited to using an old Sidewinder joystick with no POV, so I have to reply on keyboard inputs for my views. Well "S" and "Shift-S" seem to wor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
OrlandoGeorge

Hawaii FS movie

Check out the FSHawaii movie! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7TRBuXxRAo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AirBAdger on
shirke01

Where can i get the active cam in fs2004

Can you please send me the download link....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
stuccoman88

Saving a flight!!

Simple question. How do you save a flight in mid-flight? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

how to change airline names to realistic names

Hello, 1st time here, have a question about how to change the fictitous airline names with fs2004 to something more realistic. I just read in pc aviator magazine that it is easy to do, but i cannot figure out how. Any help would be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mustangpilot

Will it run ok?

I have just purchased The following: Flight Environment Ground Environment I'm a little worried that it will slow the frame rate down too much in FS2004. My machine is as follows: Dell Dimention DIM5000 P4 3Gig CPU 1Gig Ram Radion X300 128...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
Air Canada Airlines 2007

PMDG- 747-400 PANEL **issue** please help

Well, see.. i purchased the pmdg 747-400 package from the company a week ago. I was soo excited to fly that big bird!! however**** when i installed it, and flew it.. seconds later in the game the Panel readings turn off on them selves.. i dont know why th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Crazycroc

Do you need fs 04?

Do you need FS 04 to play any of the other addons ❓ Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
mustangpilot

What is 'AI'

Hear AI banded about, what is it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
Jamie4590

Panel and Gauge Editing

Can anyone tell me how to install the FS2004 GPS in to an add-on aircraft and panel and gauge editing in general. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
Jamie4590

FS9 Wont Recognise Disk 4

I've installed an add-on aircraft to FS9 and it loaded ok but now I'm getting an error message when I try to run FS9: 'Please insert disk 4' even though its in the drive. The drive also makes some strange noises. The drive appears ok in device manager so ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guest 5549

Pilot Question

Hello. You know when you switch to external view and zoom in towards the cockpit and you can see the pilots sitting in the seats, is there any way that you can put your own face onto the pilots body so it looks like you are the pilot flying the plane? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on

2004 Running at 4-20 frames per sec on a P4 3.2 with 3 gig

I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a P4 3.2 Gig PC with 3 gig of ram and a ATI x1600 Graphics card (512 meg ddr2) The sliders are all set to med and clouds set at 50% I am getting frame rates around 6-10 in flight and sometimes 1-2 taxi/on runways...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
onurbike

emergency

how do you declare an emergency in fs 2004 to any airport that you need to land at urgent. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
Piggy968

Download DSB's Typhoon afterburn effect

:oops: Where can I get this file? (DSB's Typhoon afterburn effect) Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
dannyboy2005

Resume Download?

Hi Can someone tell me a program where i can download things but i can also resume download from them. Not like I.E where you can't resume your download. I DON'T WANT TO USE MOZILA Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
mustangpilot

Buying FS2004 2nd hand

Would FS2004 COF load ok if bought from someone else who has already used it? Just want to make sure that Microsoft wont see it on their server and stop me using the software. There's a copy of COF on ebay....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
mustangpilot

AA & XAF on vid card?

I know that AA is Anti Aliasing but whats XAF mean and what does it do? Ta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
Piggy968

Using FSUIPC with Viper F-16

I installed FSUIPC on FS2004. Without registration, the aircraft radar works, doing registration it doesn't work. Could anyone help me, please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mustangpilot

Helo from newbie

Hi Just wanted to say hi and hope to gleem loads of tips from this great forum/website. Getting FS2004 next week and a joystick tomorrow. I used to have 2002 which was great but gave it up when my PC went south!! 😞 Anyway back in the cockpi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
vracan

fs2004 joystick button problem....

Why do i have to keep re-assigning my "button 2" to my previously assigned command evrytime i restart fs4, even though the joystoick assignment settings list is clearly dsiplaying it correctly???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
vracan on
Flyguy41983

Textures =[

ok so I recently downloaded a Simbuilders Airbus A340-600 and a Virgin Atlantic texture. I have tried hard to get the textures to work but all i get is the non-textured plain grey aircraft. I put the texture file into the folder but nothing shows up. How ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on

grass

Does any1 know where you can improve the grass and make it more realstic? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
HowardsRock

FS2004 and WindowsXP SP2

Guys, are there any known performance issues between FS9 and SP2? I'm still having that slowdown/timing issue. It happens intermittently meaning sometime I can get it to work, but it takes HOURS of fiddling around with different things before it works l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
jaywalker36

Airport approach ?

When I fly an ILS approach into PAJN Juneau, Alaska from the east on approach to rwy 26 ATC has me fly an approach into Juneau over the mountians, this is very unreallistic, it does the samething with all ai traffic. The normal approach to rwy 26 is to f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
jandow

Rudder

Hi, Can anyone advise me on how to properly use the rudder in FS9! I'll explain; when taking off in a crosswide, using the rudder by pressing either Keypad 0 or Keypad Enter just once causes far too much direction change. When landing in a crosswind,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mikebl

runway lights

How do you turn on runway lights at an unattened field after dark? Do you tune in Unicom and key the mic?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
captain Cirrus

what is a crossway?

whats a crossway?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Lufthansa-pilot90

When entering the clouds

When I set the weather to very cloudy with overcast, then everytime i climb into the clouds, the screen should be turning gray (orthe colour of the clouds) but when I go into the clouds, they disappear, I can see the ground all the way from 33,000 ft and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lufthansa-pilot90 on
M15A

CH Products problems...anyone can help please?

Hello all, I use CH Products Yoke and Pro Pedals (gameport version). But all of a sudden they both don't work anymore. Normally you would connect the yoke to the pedals and the pedals to the gameport, but since that didn't work, I tried connecting ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
M15A on

AFCAD Files

people have suggested to update the afcad files i have downloaded 2 from avsim for ksfo but i dont know what to do with them? it says jus put them in the addon scenery folder. is that all i do? will this then create more parking spaces for aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
DME43

How do we stop ATC 'sling shotting' us between two freq.?

how do we stop ATC sling shotting us between two frequencies??? ive done a couple of flights and first it tells me to go to london centre and then to manchester and then back etc......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Aldeeb

Can't find Installed aircraft in FS9

I note that when I install aircraft into FS9 I can't find them in the Aircraft folder although they are in FS2004's list of available aircraft. Putting them in from a download that does not contain an "install" icon is no problem. Does anybody have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
737FLIER

Ai traffic warning

Mabey I just had bad luck but I instaled a free version of AI traffic and at first it was fun. Then it started messing the game and my computer up. I don't know what the problem was but it was bad. I used to load files directly on tho my computer but I no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
dannyboy2005

Windows XP X64

Hello I have purchased M$ Windows XP x64 Edition (64 Bit Edition). I am running a 'AMD Athlon 64 4800+" Processor so XP Pro x64 should install because i have a 64 Bit processor. When i install XP 64 (Booting from cd when pc starts up) I formatt hard...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
JamieDay06

Flight path

hi Im currently practising on FS 2004 i do know how to access it on the menu and length but it seems never to be seen its worked once and never again.Does it have to be a default plane or what?? Can some one please take me through it Step-To-Step them i n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
DME43

Does anyone know if and when Direct X 10...

Does anyone know when and if Direct X 10 is gonna come out for XP and not Vista?? would be better for fs2k4...thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Page 21 of 111