Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Brook

Mouse pointer invisible in flight

Recently my cursor/pointer has vanished making it extremely difficult to operate panel/autopilot/radios. It's still "there" because labels pop up when I mouse over instruments... i just can't see the actual pointer. Anyone seen this before? Got a fi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Carlin on
azabetas

FS2004 Computer, will it work?

Hey there, I have a Windows XP Dell Inspiron 6400, with an ATI Radeon 1300. Will FS2004 work with all settings to max, and with addons? Thanks! and how many fps will I get? Thanks a lot, Alex 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Budsie175

GPS Waypoints

New to this. Can't get any waypoints other than nearest airports. Seems no matter which way I turn either dial, that is all I get. Any Thoughts?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
yourtoserious

Overland repaint problem

i recently installed Tom Collins 777-300ER repaint, but after opening FS to view the texture, all i get is a black screen where the aircraft should be, and then FS closes. i tried another texture download, installed it, same problem. any ideas? t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
basys

ODG-UKEZ-Offshore-Scenery Packages-Released-Selective Previe

ODG - UKEZ - Offshore-Scenery Packages - Released - Selective Private-Preview Overview The ODG Project aims to model every offshore installation worldwide, (eventually). Meanwhile, The Offshore Development Group are pleased to announce the release...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
basys on
briangregg

Backup Disc 4

Is it possible to make a copy of disc 4 to preserve the original...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
W3CPR

engines not running on starting FS9

Hi All... Had this problem before but can't remember what I did to correct it. When starting FS9, I would like to have the engines running rather than a cold and dark situation. I thought the solution was the FS9.cfg file but I cannot find anything the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W3CPR on
yourtoserious

Overland:- Airbus A380

I dont know if its just me, but on the ground (taxiing) the aircraft is fine. But as soon as i take off, it struggles to climb and when autopilot is on, constant full throttle because of the climb problem. Ive tried the rate of climb, tried everything...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
Flightsimman

MY DISC WONT WORK

I tried to install Flight Sim 2004 to my vista and i got through all the installations and then as soon as it finished i clicked play and it said "Please insert Disc 4 and click OK to reset the application". Thing is though. That the disc is already in an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
yourtoserious

New Scenery, New Machine

i recently re-built my machine, and trying to find nice scenery. i have Flytampa KSFO aerosoft frankfurt, and heathrow. do prefer doing long haul, from mainly.. europe and the states. could anyone help? i would like downloads where i can use AE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Kruger Schimot

Need some files! Please help!

I have scratched my Flight Simulator 2004 disc 4. Need some files. Can somebody mail them to me. (I currently don't have full internet acess so downloading disk 4 full is not an option) Those files are: FS_DISC4\SCENERY\CITIES : CHICAGO.CAB & ATLANTA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
dcol1402

FS2004 launch icon

Hi there, A few years ago my friend got me a copy of FS2004 the only problem is the launch icon doesn't work - And the only way of getting FS2004 to work is if I replace the old launch shortcut with a new one. Is anybody willing to send me a copy of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dcol1402 on
nyguy72000

Menu

For some reason, I'm unable to place the menu at the top of the screen while I'm flying. I click on 'menu' but nothing happens. I should also say that the word 'menu' is faded, unlike the other choices in the drop-down which are in bold print. Any takers ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
chrisjbc

loss of textures

I run FS2004 lately a problem, whilst the aircraft will load, run and perform, I seem to have a loss of visible texture and also, if changing aircraft, the programme locks up and "dies" System is a 6 month old new pc and cards, and the system is showi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chrisjbc on
W3CPR

Flight Plans PMDG 737 & 747

Hi.. I have both the PMDG 737-700 and the 747-400 aircraft. I now find that when creating a flight plan in the 737 and storing it in the PMDG Flight Plan folder, you cannot use this flight plan for the PMDG 747. Perhaps I didn't install the system corr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W3CPR on

FS2004 Aircraft always bank to the right

The airplane always banks to the right. It starts as soon as you push the throttle in and starts moving to the right immediately. After lift off, it continues to bank to the right. You can bring it back straight normal but it will continue to bank to th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
A Helper on
Habu

FS 2004 No CD Crack File??

Is there a No CD File yet...so CD4 doesn't have to be in drive?? Thnx, rob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rodrigo1984 on
W3CPR

FSNavigator 4.6 problem

Hi.. I have been using FSNavigator 4.6 and ran into a strange problem. When I fly from Bogota Columbia SKBO to Cali Columbia SKOL, I never make it. No matter what route I use either automatic or manual, the aircraft never makes it to the assigned altit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Helper on
johnm

Opening more than one door in FS2004?

Can somebody please tell me how you open more tham one door ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
honuala on
CrazyLlama

Wilco Airbus Vol. 1 -> Need Assistance

Hi all. I have just installed Wilco Airbus Vol. 1 onto my FS04 installation. However, I cannot seem to find any documentation whatsoever. 😞 As I am a newbie for this aircraft I really need these documents. (Tutorial, Checklist, Manual etc) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fonopal on
Brook

Using ATC window de-activates zoom

Whenever I make a selection in the ATC window I lose the ability to zoom my view with +/- keys. The dirty solution is that I have to click on the screen before i can zoom again--often inconvenient because both hands are busy. Is this an error? Is t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brook on
spoo54

Can not get any aircraft that I downloaded to load

Would appreciate if someone could give me a step by step procedure for installing freeware aircraft...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nyguy72000

Saitek Quad Throttle Problem

I'm having a problem w/ my Saitek Quad Throttle and FS9. Out of the blue, the throttle startes off on full. It doesn't stasy where I put it. When you go the the VC and observe the throttle, you can see the throttle sticks flucuating. In addition to all t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bingo222 on
Nick01

Where are the lessons?

Hi all, I'm new here, just installed FS2004 on Win7. Everything went fine, I can fly (or try to fly) all the different planes, but when I open the application and click on Flying Lessons, nothing happens. Same for Getting Started, or News.... What is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Nick01 on
BayouTalker

Logbook error when exiting FS2004

Lately I have been encountering an error upon closing FS2004 that says the logbook file is invalid and must be re-created. It lists a file name that is just lines and characters and such. Is there a way to recreate the Standard Pilot Logbook? Is anyone...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
nyguy72000

Can't open FS9 FSUIPC Error

Can't open FS9 - states the module has too many FSUIPC's. I looked in the module - I have FSUIPC dll (application); FSUIPC (config settings) and FSUIPC (log file). I can't do anything w/ these - a message comes on saying they are active in FS9. Yet I can'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
eyton402

FS2004 malfunction

I am using Windows 7, NVIDIA 8600. I recently re installed FS2004. When I finsh flying and reduce the programme to the bottom tray then try to open and fly another aircraft, I just get a picture of the last aircraft on the desktop. I have to close and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
nyguy72000

patch

I get 'Error #18' when I try to download patch 9.1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainDale

Help with realism in FS9

Hi guys, got a few questions regarding realism in FS9. At the moment Im using fs2004, prefer it to fsx right now. I am looking for free ways of making the whole thing a bit more realistic, because I dont think Im getting everything out of it that I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
setupcity

FS9 Version Patch?

Hi. I am a newbie, or trainee I guess. I was reading up on one of the forums, they mentioned(I think it was an acive camera review), that FS 9 can have a version patch. Does anyone know about this, and could you poin t me in the right direction. I suppose...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
JJay

FS9 on Windows 7 64bit

Hello, I can't get it going. I install to Program Files(x86) and it sort of starts but then just hangs and won't run. Tried many times now. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks jj...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
beroun

IFR plan canceled

Hi often when I am approaching a busy airport on IFR from oposite landing runway direction instead of asked to make a U turn to land and establish on localizer I am directed to continue away fro the airport and flight plan gets canceled by ATC radar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
b_kennedy

FMC waypoints and ILS USA vs Rest of the world?????

Hi guys. Have been teaching myself as I go, granted alot are youtube vids which seem to stir up very heated debates about what is right and wrong; but all the FMC ILS landings I have seen are USA of some description. Each point on the localiser has a LEG ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Brook

ATC voice has stopped working

In Settings, ATC box is checked and volume is up... whenever I make a numeric selection in the ATC dialog, I hear nothing. Any suggestions? (this is just the out of box FS9 ATC)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
wingman747

GARMIN GPS B-747-400

HELLO GUYS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ON THE GPS GARMIN WHAT DOES THE VSR MEAN...?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kestas

Runway,approach lights

Fs9,when flying at day,and are low visibility weather conditions, my approach,runway lights, don't switch on,in rael life airport,when weather conditions are bad,lights are always on,why??? Strange thing.When i flying at day,and Active sky evoliuti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kestas on
fatball

Not able to install scenery files from FS2004 Disc 4.

Can anyone able to help me out. I cannot able to install scenery file from Disc 4 of FS2004 as it has corrupted. can anyone tells me were can i get the files so that i can able to install the same. sent me the details on below mentioned mail ID (Mustafa_s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
yourtoserious

Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX

ive recently bought this graphics card, as im re-building my computer. any help? will this work well? full settings? weather? no lagging? ect ect thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
yourtoserious

X800 GTO

is this good anough for FS2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
finn100

Help!!! New User

😞 Have just joined and downloaded a couple of planes for my 12 year old budding pilot who has FS 2004. How do I get these into the simulator? Seem to have gone to the download area of the PC Help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
yourtoserious

FS9 Computer Specs

hey, what specs would be perfect to run FS9? need help ASAP thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
yourtoserious

Perfect Computer Specs For FS2004

Hello all, havnt posted in a while. Had kind of a break from FS2004, got back to my computer and decided its time to update it. i dont know my specs by heart as im away from it right now, would like some help on the perfect specs for FS2004. Ive ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
quincysw

Black Screen

I am running FS9 on windows 7 and when starting up I get the orihinal Flight Simulator screen which quickly goes black and remains until the Create a Flight screen appears. Hoping someone can help regards Brian...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
quincysw on
valla

cockpit view ??

Hi How do I look around the virtual cockpit using the mouse?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rickypig112

saitek x52

Hey everyone, It;s time to purchase a new flight controller, my x52 has completely broken, the rudder (x rotation) has malfunctioned, and from reading up about this I can see its not an uncommon problem. So I was wondering who could reccommend a suita...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
glen4cindy

How can I change the starting airport from Seatle?

I searched for this but found almost 2800 matches, far too many to wade thruough to find a direct answer. I would like my aircraft to always start from St. Louis, KSTL, Active Runway, or 12L or R, which allows me to see the arch as I take off over St. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
glen4cindy

I want my plane to talk to me....

I usually fly slower planes so I have time to do things, as I am a less experienced flyer, so I'm talking about the Baron, King Air, Lear etc.... I would like to hear warnings like PULL UP, TOO LOW TERRAIN, and especially when landing 100, 50, 40, 30, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
glen4cindy on
photoshock

Not enough Available Memory

I have 2.31GHz with 2.00 Gigs of RAM with a Quad Core Phenom 9600 processor from AMD and now I am getting a message that I do not have enough available memory to run FS9. What in the world is going on? I have run this program with lots more planes and h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
photoshock on
RichT

End of an era

Hi all It is with great sadness that I shall be hanging up my wings and calling it a day with Flight Simulator. 😞 Recently I was running FS2004 on Windows7 and all seemed well. It took me 4 months to get two thirds of the way through the r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
JJay

addon scenery not showing up

Hi, I installed FS9 under Windows 7 but following another user's advice and creating a new directory called FS Games and installing it in there. Ditto for Real Environment Pro etc. My aircraft all work, REP works etc. My addon scenery doesn't. I ev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JJay on
Page 6 of 111