Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

johnm

Opening more than one door in FS2004?

Can somebody please tell me how you open more tham one door ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
honuala on
CrazyLlama

Wilco Airbus Vol. 1 -> Need Assistance

Hi all. I have just installed Wilco Airbus Vol. 1 onto my FS04 installation. However, I cannot seem to find any documentation whatsoever. 😞 As I am a newbie for this aircraft I really need these documents. (Tutorial, Checklist, Manual etc) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fonopal on
Brook

Using ATC window de-activates zoom

Whenever I make a selection in the ATC window I lose the ability to zoom my view with +/- keys. The dirty solution is that I have to click on the screen before i can zoom again--often inconvenient because both hands are busy. Is this an error? Is t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brook on
spoo54

Can not get any aircraft that I downloaded to load

Would appreciate if someone could give me a step by step procedure for installing freeware aircraft...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nyguy72000

Saitek Quad Throttle Problem

I'm having a problem w/ my Saitek Quad Throttle and FS9. Out of the blue, the throttle startes off on full. It doesn't stasy where I put it. When you go the the VC and observe the throttle, you can see the throttle sticks flucuating. In addition to all t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bingo222 on
nyguy72000

Can't open FS9 FSUIPC Error

Can't open FS9 - states the module has too many FSUIPC's. I looked in the module - I have FSUIPC dll (application); FSUIPC (config settings) and FSUIPC (log file). I can't do anything w/ these - a message comes on saying they are active in FS9. Yet I can'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
CaptainDale

Help with realism in FS9

Hi guys, got a few questions regarding realism in FS9. At the moment Im using fs2004, prefer it to fsx right now. I am looking for free ways of making the whole thing a bit more realistic, because I dont think Im getting everything out of it that I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
setupcity

FS9 Version Patch?

Hi. I am a newbie, or trainee I guess. I was reading up on one of the forums, they mentioned(I think it was an acive camera review), that FS 9 can have a version patch. Does anyone know about this, and could you poin t me in the right direction. I suppose...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
beroun

IFR plan canceled

Hi often when I am approaching a busy airport on IFR from oposite landing runway direction instead of asked to make a U turn to land and establish on localizer I am directed to continue away fro the airport and flight plan gets canceled by ATC radar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
b_kennedy

FMC waypoints and ILS USA vs Rest of the world?????

Hi guys. Have been teaching myself as I go, granted alot are youtube vids which seem to stir up very heated debates about what is right and wrong; but all the FMC ILS landings I have seen are USA of some description. Each point on the localiser has a LEG ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Brook

ATC voice has stopped working

In Settings, ATC box is checked and volume is up... whenever I make a numeric selection in the ATC dialog, I hear nothing. Any suggestions? (this is just the out of box FS9 ATC)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
kestas

Runway,approach lights

Fs9,when flying at day,and are low visibility weather conditions, my approach,runway lights, don't switch on,in rael life airport,when weather conditions are bad,lights are always on,why??? Strange thing.When i flying at day,and Active sky evoliuti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kestas on
fatball

Not able to install scenery files from FS2004 Disc 4.

Can anyone able to help me out. I cannot able to install scenery file from Disc 4 of FS2004 as it has corrupted. can anyone tells me were can i get the files so that i can able to install the same. sent me the details on below mentioned mail ID (Mustafa_s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
yourtoserious

Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX

ive recently bought this graphics card, as im re-building my computer. any help? will this work well? full settings? weather? no lagging? ect ect thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
yourtoserious

X800 GTO

is this good anough for FS2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
finn100

Help!!! New User

😞 Have just joined and downloaded a couple of planes for my 12 year old budding pilot who has FS 2004. How do I get these into the simulator? Seem to have gone to the download area of the PC Help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
yourtoserious

FS9 Computer Specs

hey, what specs would be perfect to run FS9? need help ASAP thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
yourtoserious

Perfect Computer Specs For FS2004

Hello all, havnt posted in a while. Had kind of a break from FS2004, got back to my computer and decided its time to update it. i dont know my specs by heart as im away from it right now, would like some help on the perfect specs for FS2004. Ive ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
quincysw

Black Screen

I am running FS9 on windows 7 and when starting up I get the orihinal Flight Simulator screen which quickly goes black and remains until the Create a Flight screen appears. Hoping someone can help regards Brian...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
quincysw on
valla

cockpit view ??

Hi How do I look around the virtual cockpit using the mouse?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rickypig112

saitek x52

Hey everyone, It;s time to purchase a new flight controller, my x52 has completely broken, the rudder (x rotation) has malfunctioned, and from reading up about this I can see its not an uncommon problem. So I was wondering who could reccommend a suita...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
glen4cindy

How can I change the starting airport from Seatle?

I searched for this but found almost 2800 matches, far too many to wade thruough to find a direct answer. I would like my aircraft to always start from St. Louis, KSTL, Active Runway, or 12L or R, which allows me to see the arch as I take off over St. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
glen4cindy

I want my plane to talk to me....

I usually fly slower planes so I have time to do things, as I am a less experienced flyer, so I'm talking about the Baron, King Air, Lear etc.... I would like to hear warnings like PULL UP, TOO LOW TERRAIN, and especially when landing 100, 50, 40, 30, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
glen4cindy on
photoshock

Not enough Available Memory

I have 2.31GHz with 2.00 Gigs of RAM with a Quad Core Phenom 9600 processor from AMD and now I am getting a message that I do not have enough available memory to run FS9. What in the world is going on? I have run this program with lots more planes and h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
photoshock on
RichT

End of an era

Hi all It is with great sadness that I shall be hanging up my wings and calling it a day with Flight Simulator. 😞 Recently I was running FS2004 on Windows7 and all seemed well. It took me 4 months to get two thirds of the way through the r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
JJay

addon scenery not showing up

Hi, I installed FS9 under Windows 7 but following another user's advice and creating a new directory called FS Games and installing it in there. Ditto for Real Environment Pro etc. My aircraft all work, REP works etc. My addon scenery doesn't. I ev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JJay on
yourtoserious

Weather, Real World?

Hello all, some of you might know that ive re-installed FS9, but im not tired of flying without and clouds, storms, winds ect.. When i set up a flight and select 'real world' the FPS drop, and the gauges (speed and alt) bounce around, while im sit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
darrenvox

going around in circles...

before i post my message just be warned that this is not going to be a 1 or 2 liner....just so you know... hi guys, i may not have many post here but i have a problem with a certain area that i fly by alot in FS2004. I have installed and reinstalled FS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
hecrowell

contact point problem

Contact Point Settings -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Aircraft was modeled with FSDS for FS2004. When viewed in FS, The main gear was burried in the ground about 1/3 of the way to the axle. Nosegear...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hecrowell on
yourtoserious

Overland or Posky

which is better for downloading aircraft/repaints ect... at the moment i have Overland airbus and boeing package, but im having problems. The A380 struggles to climb The A340 struggles to Taxi and climb + the ILS autoland doesnt want to work.. B...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yourtoserious on
wingman747

B-747-400 fuel feed schematics

Hi guys does anybody know a web site were i can find B-747-400 fuel feed schematics and how much in each tank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wingman747 on
yourtoserious

Best Weather Add On...

Hello.. im currently using ultimate weather, but i dislike it... + any reason why when i change the weather to 'cold fronts' my simulator lags, and messes up my gauges? id actually like to fly with clouds instead of an empty sky lol 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
hizmercy

Can't Add FS9 Repaints

Hi there, Recently I purchased FSD's Pilatus PC-6 Landplane/Amphibian/Skiplane bundle. I also have Flight1's ATR72. I've found some wonderful repaints for each aircraft of airplanes that fly around where I live. So I went ahead and pasted the files in a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
quincysw

FS Navigator Registration

I purchased FS Navigator some time ago and unfortunately have lost my registration details. Does anyone know how I can retrieve them. regards Brian...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wingman747

HI RADARMAN CAN I USE THIS AS MY AVATAR http://www.pirepics.com/displayimage.php?album=44&pos=3...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wingman747 on
nyguy72000

Free my CD!

Is there any way I can run FS9 w/o having to always put the CD into the D Driver? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Alex Chown

Jetways and ramp vehicles

Ha, I'm just how to get some jetways and ramp vehicles, etc for fs2004. A reply from anybody with any download websites or ideas that would be great. Cheers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
444Pilot on
sonicninja

Sonic back in the cockpit!!!

Ahoy there folks, a big hello to all the guys that remember me from old. I retired from flight simming about 4 and half years ago as my wife was had become an "FS9 widow" and i couldn't even recognise my kids anymore :oops: Anyways, im back and it feel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
pearlygatesuk

SimpleFMC

Anybody know how using this program you can create STAR's and SID's for airports not actually covered by the program?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
darrenvox

is it supposed to be like that??

Ive been flying around in the freeware F-5A and have noticed that when i turn it wobbles alot, and im not sure that its supposed to do that or even just a bit...it really wobbles... so heres the aircraft.cf for it title=F-5A sim=F-5A model= pan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
strgazer1

air file problem

I get a message that says,try obtaining a new air file. what do I do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
eserice

How to recover the Sopwith Camel

I deleted the original Sopwith Camel from my computer (only the gauges remain), and I want to recover it. I have explored the original FS disks, but I do not know how to find the plane (or any other plane for that matter). ¿Any ideas?....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eserice on
RichT

Moving all AI traffic from one airport to another

Hi guys I have now installed Bangkok Suvarnabhumi (VTBS) airport and would like all my AI traffic to use this airport instead of Bangkok Intl (VTBD). All my AI traffic is provided by MyTraffic 2010 package. Can anyone tell me if there is any easy an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
beroun

Editing .cfg files

Hi just had opportunity to edit panel.cfg file to add gauge to my B777.when opening file I was asked what application to use and I used Word - got Office 2007. All worked fine, I saved the file in Word and gauge is showing OK. After this all .cfg f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
nyguy72000

screen resolution

My NVIDIA card says for me to use 1920X1200 screen resolution. I have a 25.5" Asuss video screen. Would it hinder/help my frame rates if I changed to a different resolution, say, 1280X760X32? Also, should I use the 16 instead of 32. I have Windows 7 64 bi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
fupi

Off Course...What to Do?

Hi Everyone! I have been thinking about taking a long flight from Vancouver to Sydney, but I am having a problem. I would like to set it up to fly overnight and then I would come in the morning to land. My problem is, When I go and set up a route i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
honuala on
RichT

Running FS2004 on Windows7

I previously ran FS9 on Windows XP but am now transferring over to Windows7. In XP I was advised to modify the system registry to stop Windows updating my files last access date on files every time they were read. I did this and it greatly improved the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
RichT

Grey smoke now pink???

Since moving my FS from Windows XP to Windows7 I have had nothing but problems with simple tasks. The latest is the grey smoke that used to come out from my MD80 series aircraft. Now, for some weird and wonderful reason, it is pink instead of grey!! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Paiute

FS 2004 "Sensitivity" and "Null Zone" Se

Does anyone have any tips on how to adjust the FS 2004 "sensitivity" and "null zone" settings? Does moving the "sensitivity" indicator to the right increase or decrease the sensitivity? Does moving the "null zone" indicator to the right make the null ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
DJ-DaN

FMC Tutorial

Hey guys. Can anyone provide me with an FMC tutorial for the PMDG 737NG. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Page 6 of 101