Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

deanos63

Active Camera 2004, get out and walk around my plane problem

I'm using Active camera, which i think is great and all. Just one question though!? When i press X and go outside of the aircraft and walk around all is good until i walk to the edge of the runway or taxiway and it seems as though the floor is floating? i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tom caldwell

trying to run FS 2004 but each time I get "access denie

I have not ran FS 2004 for several months now - I tried today and only got a message "Access denied - please login with administrator privileges and try again". Problem is - I am already logged in with administrator privileges. SO I uninstalled the progr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Joey_kun

Flight Simulator 2004 SDK Terrain Resample tool problem

Hello, I recently instaled the FS2004 SDK Terrain Tools wanting to create a photorealistic terrain. But i'm having trouble with the RESAMPLE tool. Everytime i try to use the tool (double click over the tool, or dragging the .inf archive over the tool) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Joey_kun on
doodleh

MSVCR70.DLL Error

HI all. I have a dvd disk here with 4 large bin files on it (one for each cd) and an app called fs9.exe. The FS9 file is supposed to be a crack for the cd bin files but when i launch it I get an error in relation to the MSVCR70.DLL. Can someone ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pieter1998 on
Sandy Wakeling

fs9 as admin

Fs 9 has been running fine now I get an "Please log in as admin message" when trying to start I have verified my admin account I have uninstalled and reinstalled FS9 any body run into this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PatrikFS2004 on

FSX SAVANNAH REPAINT IN FS2004?

I am wondering if the C-ITAA Savannah repaint fsx will work in the fs2004 Savannah? PLEASE ANSWER WITH fs2004-compatible config. THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Iunbearable

Nasa Space Shuttle

Hi I was wondering if there is a download for Nasa space shuttle for mfs4? Any infor thx SALUTE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ColinBeckman on
JTH

Difference between 737 and 757?

What's the difference between the Boeing 737 and 757 families? They're both short-medium range jets right? Is the 757 just a newer model? Thanks in advance for any help 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Klj on
R.D.WYLIE

file placement!!

If anyone can help me I'm trying to locate a missing file '' DEM4km.bgl'' I had to do a recovery when I did I got a note that I was missing a file!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mesmerick

FS9 with FSNaviagtor ILS behaving strangely

Hi, can anyone help me with a problem that has been baffling me. I'm using FS2004 with FSNavigator. On some airports (such as Gran Canaria) when I capture the ILS after selecting NAV the plane turns round (as if the ILS is pushing it in the opposite dire...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
oldjarhead2015

FS 2004 Disk 4

I started to load FS on my new computer and can't find my #4 disk. Can anybody tell me how to get one? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

How do I look around in the cockpit using the mouse?

Hello! First of I have to say I am new here, so I dont know if this is the right place to post, so if its wrong, let me know 🙂 So to my question. How do I look around the virtual cockpit using the mouse? Recently I´ve been playing FSX and ther...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Vin44evr

Rate of descent

There was an easy formula to calculate rate of descent with the air speed and the distance away from the airport to calculate rate of descend for touchdown. anyone know? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
aed128

FS2004 Real World Weather Problems Question

Hi, Does anybody know why the Real World Weather facility in FS2004 has stopped working please? For at least the last two months I have noticed how every time I attempt to download Real World Weather it has always produced the same results. For the UK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
aed128 on
antone

World.cab file Disc 4 not readable

Just reinstalled FS9 on my shiny new system. Specs are decent but not exceptional. OS is Vista Home Premium. However, as I placed disk 4 in the drive, I was told that the file "world.cab" was not readable. It hasn't stopped FS9 from working - the pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aurélien_Tombstone on
PaigeMont

Vin Fizz Flight

I noticed that the plane in the Flight Simulator 2004 program for the Vin Fizz does not look anything like the actaul Vin Fizz plane? Is there a plane that we can download that looks like the Vin Fizz? The plane that we have is yellow and looks very moder...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agent Orange on
Agent Orange

Smoke and mirrors at Tanquary Fjord

I've tried the Pole to Pole expansion for the second time (but for the first time on my new computer), and had the same problem as on the old machine: The runway at Tanquary Fjord (CJQ6) actually seems to move across the landscape, which makes a precise a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agent Orange on
nottobe

how to make night sky pitch dark?

In real world the night sky is black, and quite impossible to see a clear cut line as horizon. But in FS9, the sky is dark blue in the night, I am bothered to see this line during my night flights. I have Active Sky with visibility set to 39 nm, Ground Ef...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Improve FS2004 Graphic by a Factor of X2

Hi all I have written a new FS9.cfg file tweak that improves the displayed ground textures and building by a factor of at least x2 for full details document of how to set up FS9 to use more of the computer resources on a modern PC, just visit my wed site,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
FlySail2015

FS2004 and Windows 8.1 Technical Questions

I'm trying to run FS2004 at max or near-max settings with great FPS on a new computer in 2014... is that too much to ask for? From BestBuy, we bought an Asus Q310. It ran flightsim great on max settings except for the fact that there was some random k...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FlySail2015 on
Frankfka

Mouse Yoke?

Hey guys I used to play FSX but now Im downgrading to FS9..how do I use the mouse as a yoke? Help me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
aws59

missing msvcr70 dll

tried to load cd crack but tells me I have missing msvcr70 dll but it is not missing it is there so can anyone help me with this thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
arulu

FS2004 in Windows 8?

I am using Windows 8 Pro 64bit, I installed FS2004 and it crashes & does not run? Any solution?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
orionsbelt on
The-GPS-Kid

URGENT READ THIS - WILCO A380

I feel it is essential to warn you all NOT to buy the Wilco Fleet A380 product from www.wilcopub.com or www.simw.com. I am not urging this in criticism of the product, I am stating this because the product simply does not function. The Autopilot is i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Nevada on
HeliMedic

Helicopter Flight Controls

Does anyone know if hekicopter style flight controls have ever been made for pc? If so anyone got a link etc.. Thanks in advance.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
swrxlb98@optonline.net

Scenery read error: attempting to open a nonexistent dir.

Can someone help me? I have the problem. it always says "Scenery read error: attempting to open a nonexistent directory" I have a P4 1.7 700+ megs of ram GeForce4 I think. 32 megs ram for video. I have a live soundcard but that has nothing to do with it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Scenery read error FSX on
mcmxl

My new setup

Here is my latest setup for my 'cockpit'. I've always wanted to do the 2 monitor thing! 😀 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/38758/my-new-setup_e90de083866acfead4c408c107e6c985.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Asheley Biju

Will FS2004 work on my computer?

My computer specs: Microsoft Windows xp, version 2002, service pack 3 pentinum 4 CPU 2.93GHz, 960 MB of RAM. 170GB of memory left. 64mb of video, Direct x 9.0c Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
K_Jermaine

FSX 2004 DISK 4

I have Fsx 2004, but I lost disk 4. Or shall I say I just cant find it anywhere at all ! I was wondering if anyone knew I website I could go and get the download from disk 4 on or buy just disk 4 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
K_Jermaine on

need help on instrument checkride

hey everyone, i really need help on the instrument checkride. i always fail on the first section, but i know how to get past it, but once i am passed it, is there any bugs or extra steps i have to take during or before the holding pattern? i have heard a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pan American 707 on
quincysw

TGS Gauge problem

Hi I have added PFE in FS2004 but I have a problem with the TGS gauge. Everything is ok when taxiing to the departure runway but on landing I do not get any instructions to the gate Any help would be much appreciated regards Brian...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
quincysw on
qmuddy2

2004 WON'T run on windows/7 ?

runs on my xp system, but not on windows/7 ? i tried the compatability , right click thing ? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
GringoHomie

A Meteor!

I was flying a few days back in a 777 from New York to Aruba, and just after I leveled out for cruise flight, a shooting star zipped past my plane. I've seen some files in the effects folder of FS2004 that said meteor, but I wasn't sure if it would really...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pulastya Parekh on
James D'Silva

FS2004 Keeps Jolting Even With Good Frames?

Hello all, was wondering if someone could help me? i have recently changed computer and installed FS2004 onto it and i am getting frames of around 40fps however when i am taxiing to the runway in the cockpit/virtual cockpit, it keeps jolting, not th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Richard G

will my laptop work for fs 2004 if not can it be upgraded?

Hey i have HP 2000 Notebook pc Product # 5CG237379F operating system Windows 8 64-bit Microprocessor AMD E1-1200 APU with Radon HD Graphics System memory 4Gb SODIMM micron technology 1066mhz Graphics device AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics Current reso...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Emaad

HELP - PC shuts down "due to Thermal Event"

The problem is that the PC completely shuts off after about 10 minutes of use... when I boot it back up, I get a message saying :- Alert! Previous shutdown was due to Thermal Event Read more: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/3004/he...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
McFinni

New joystick time?

i have a rather old logitech wingman force feed back. i'm having a few problems with my driver and the butmunchies at logitech nolonger make the driver for the joystick. Sholud i upgrade and what to when your on a tight budget i also have the same pro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Kerry-ann

I need advice with buying a joystick for FS 2004

😕 I am buying my farther his 1st PC game to go with his new PC. The only game he wishes to have is a good flight simulator so we have selected Microsoft flight simulator 2004 a century of flight. I have spent day's trying to see what joystick ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
ProXius

Best affordable joystick

Hello! I was looking for a joystick, and came across these models: Lgitech extreme 3d pro; good joystick, with twist handle Saitek X45; beautiful system, but NO twist handle????? Thrustmaster top gun fox2; just cheap What joystick could I take?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
multimediakt

Best Flight Sim Yoke/Joystick

hi all. i'm fairly new to flight simulators. i've been flying in them for a few years but never jumped in with both feet. i'm trying to get the more realistic flying enviroment so i'm looking at getting a Flight Yoke/Joystick for Flight Sim 04. ar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
MaXimusMyth

Oversensitivity/Best Joystick

Greetings, What are your opinions on the best joysticks to use for flightsim? I currently use a WingMan Force feedback stick which I've owned for a long time. However, I've been considering upgrading to a better unit, especially considering that the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

What is the best Joystick for FS2004?

Hi I'm new to this genre/game.I think the game is great but its hard to appreciate it while struggling with the controls on keyboard. So can anyone recommend any joysticks that can be found(new or used) for $100 or under Canadian?One that also works with...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
macsquirty

recomend the best joystick controls

can anyone please tell me of the best way to control helicopters in fs 2004 and what the best equipment controls to have are at an affordable p rice........want as much realism as possible many thanx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
sfetty

Best Joystick

I have Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and would like to purchase a quality joystick. I am looking at the Microsoft line of joysticks. Is there any particular one that I should look at? Or maybe I should look at a different brand? Thanks for any suggesti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Pulp1

Please help adding GPS to PMDG 747.....

I followed the guide as best I can but not being a good at this sort of thing I cannot get it to work so can anyone help me? (sorry for the huge post.) This is my .cfg file after I modified it (red letters show what I have done) ////////////////////...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W3CPR on
Himmelhorse

update to traffic 2005

Good Morning to all oif you in my part of the world(Indonesia) and Good evening/night to those who are not. My name is Tony (Ozzie expat living in Blitar Indonesia) Scary bit is that I am the ONLY caucasion in this area. I am wondering if there is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Roy Yateman on
GeraldDunn

Airport labels while in flight, to identify at distance?

Is it possible to insert Airport labels , so that they can be identified from a distance ? Thank You...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

real weather download

I am having problems with the real weather download. It appears that my maching is stuck on a specific weather situation suggesting that is grabs cache data. To resolve this i have clean my temporary downloads umpteen time to no avail. I am stuck on the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Nelsonvt

FS9 ATC upgrade

I was using the FS9 with a new addition of ATC much better than the default, but I had to format my hard drive and loose this files. So I want to know if somebody knows were can I get this add´on again, because I forgot the site were I get this nice prog...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KevH on
RC Next Gen AM

max cruising speed 0.86 but I am travelling at 0.92!!!

Hey, I am in my boeing 747-400 at 36,500ft. I was concerned at how slow I was taking to get to destinations. I recently done flights from London Heathrow (EGLL) to KJFK and KEWR and they took nearly 8hrs. In real life they take only 6 1/2 ish. So at my...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 4 of 111