Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

zero1123

High in FSX II

Whats up! Does anybody here run FSX in high sittings with good frame rates? If you do, what specs does your monster computer have? 😉 pls. check out this link also. Thanks! https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/33669/high-in-fsx/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kin3 on
jewkid80

afterburner

How do you use afterburner on the F-16? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
owensniall on
7ECA-Captain

Getting Mauled...

Is anyone else finding it hard if not impossible to start the frigging Maule? Auto start works great, but trying to get it fired up with the quadrant and starter doesn't seem to want to work. Ideas? I follow the check list, but all it does is crank and fa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Karlw

Can I uninstall sp2 with no ill effects to fsx?

I want to be able to play multiplayer but after I installed sp2 I continuesly loose connection...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
totallyfrozen on
7ECA-Captain

Beaver Schmeaver....

Flying the old beaver yesterday and it won't stop flying left wing low and wanting to trun left. Tried to correct with rudder trim, but still wants to fly wing low?? Also, what controls the heading when on autopilot on the beav??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Spoty101

Is this fake or real?

THis looks so real I can't even be sure if its actually a FSX photo, any thoughts? 😳 http://www.avsim.com/pages/robertw/FSX/airport.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mistermoet on
larobley

Favorite Payware addon or aircraft

I was wondering what is your favorite top 2 payware. I purchased airbus collection F-Lite from just flight and I wasn't very impressed with it. So iam just wondering what other flight simmers have purchased and if it was worth the money and exceeded exp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
totallyfrozen on
oldsamer

So, what's that ?

Red V ina horizon bar appeared during a gusty crosswind landing. It's centered in any view and stays centered during pan. It's only present in one saved free flight. Never seen it before. Recently upgraded motherboard and 1 1/2 year old FSX is actin "F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lee198 on
ikkeweer

Got problems

Hey all. I play FSX, and I am Dutch (So normaly I land/start at schiphol amsterdam airport). But if I wanna go from schiphol to Orly, Paris. And I say in the radio ''departure south'' than I'll get up to the west. How can I do this or is it a bug...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyboy92 on
chopper911

Animal Locations

Animals seem to stay in the same area. I found the dolphins near the lighthouse at Lihue. Will others please post where they found animals....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
7ECA-Captain

Aircraft color....

Lately I've noticed yet another Glitch? When selecting the G 21A Goose, all the aircraft show as white? Doesn't matter which variant of the goose I select, it comes up white. Any ideas? I tried repair, but don't really want to uninstall and reinstall as I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
mitch0508

taxi steering

hi When your taxiing do you steer with the yoke or the rudder pedals? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
flightMike

Your opinion.

ok heres how this is i will make this as simple as possible because on other post i go on and on about pointless words and sentences and look.... im doing it again!!!! arghhhhh... anyway... im just going to say it.. i have FSX and FS9. but i only ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Buttons11

What'da ya think?

Abit Intel IP35 Pro ATX Motherboard A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Memory E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor GeForce 8500 GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Video...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Invicta

Ferrari Enzo in FSX

Hi fellow F-Simers. The Excellent Ferrari Enzo package for FS2004 does work in FSX (although some gauges are not recognised). Just drop it in Simobjects/Ground Vehicles folder. I have just uploaded a new Aircraft.cfg file to make the handling and per...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
rexgrant

FS Navigator V5 for FSX

Hi all FS Navigator as just said that the present FSN will not work in FSX and their new one will not be out untill mid 2007. Well that will make me have to learn a lot more. Regards. Rex...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
airwolfe

Dual Monitor not working correctly in FSX

I just installed a 9800GTX with two monitors, a 19-inch and a 22-inch, everything works fine until I fire up FSX ... at first it would actually load the plane up, but then flash back and forth from one monitor to the next. I tried making some adjustments ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Unholymoondog on
Jared

Next Product From Wilco

Hello everyone. For anyone that does follow Wilco/Feelthere, they have partially announced a new product. I have no clue what it will be based on the screenshot available. Does anyone else here have any idea what their next aircraft will be? The link is b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airwolfe on
abmukh80

FSX Weather Engine Problem

Hi Guys, Cant figure this one out. Suddenly my used defined weather has gone for a toss. When I select user defined weather, I dont see those weather properties when FSX loads up. Example: If I've selected the base level for clouds at the airport ele...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
airwolfe

GoFlight RP48 - HELP !

I have the GoFlight RP48 module and I want to use it in FSX as the autopilot. Is this possible ? I can't find anyway to make it control IAS, Heading, etc with the rotary dials. Any help will be much appreciated. 😀 UPDATE: Nevermind... my answ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airwolfe on
Col7777

Is there an FSX ai aircraft viewer?

I did a search but couldn't see anything, I have just bought a new PC, my old one couldn't run FSX, I used to have an ai aircraft viewer for FS2004 'Traffic View Board' is there a similar progam for FSX please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
walesdragon

Extreme FSX problem

Okay, So I've tried to play FSX recently and I have to tell you, it works pretty good but the catch is that I have to have it windowed and restored down (but I have the ends of the window right to the end of the screen so it's basically like playing a ful...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
dtdb

Usefull Keyboard Shortcuts

Different key commands to adjust the view. Shift+Enter: Move up Shift+Backspace: Move down Ctrl+Enter: Move Back Ctrl+Backspace: Move forward Ctrl+Shift+Enter: Move right Ctrl+Shift+Backspace: Move left - Zoom out + Zoom in Backspace: Default...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
effieveda

FSX "stock" AI

The AI part of my FSX install seems to have disappeared for some reason. The original traffic file, scenery\world\scenery, is no longer there. All of my add-on traffic files are OK. Any advice on how to restore it other than a complete re-install of FSX w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
mpf858

Installing New FSX Missions

I have FSX Deluxe with SP1 on Windows XP/2002 Professional 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2). When flyawaysimulations.com downloads have "Missions" folders (or subfolders with categories), I know what to do. Also, when they they have scenery and texture folde...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
totallyfrozen on
walesdragon

FSX Freezing

I'm playing fsx a lot now and I REALLY enjoy it. But there's still one problem (other than the BSOD i've been getting quite frequently but I think I know how to figure that problem out myself) that I have. This happens quite a lot and varies on WHEN i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
Domarius

How to save mission progression after re-install?

Hi, I kept the data folder in MyDocuments, but when I re-installed, all my mission progression was reset, and I have to complete the missions all over again. Where is this information stored, so I can back up the file next time?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Domarius on
sfdr1

Afterburners

Can someone please tell me how to get afterburners into my fighters? I have been trying all kinds of things but i don't know if i'm doing it right Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chez64 on
Karlw

Please help my textures are looking weird

My aircraft textures as well as autogen textures are blurred for some reason they are staying blurred to. I have restarted flight sim with no luck all my airplane and autogen textures remain blurred. All my setting are the same I changed nothing. Is there...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
1LtLoric

Captain Sim C-130 install problems

Heya, i recently downloaded the Captain Sim C-130 for FSX. I have run the installation software over and over and over again, but I have no idea where to extract the install to!!! i tried simobjects/airplanes and the FSX root folder, but BAM no results!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on

What to do with FSX

Hey people, I bought FSX and guess what.... It ran like crap. So guess what I did: I returned it to the store and sticked to my good old FS2002. 😂 😀 😀 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
totallyfrozen on
maxwell101

Help! how do i get fsx to work on two screens plz help!

i dont know how to get fsx to work with my two screens i have a nividia dual video card if that helps :evil: :evil:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MonsoonMally

FSBuild 2.3 to (FSX) PMDG 747 FMC

Hi all I seem to be having difficulty getting my flight plan (I create one ok in FSBuild2.3 (EGLF to LCRA Farnborough to Akrotiri)) - but I cannot seem to 'load' this into the FMC - 'Not In Database' is displayed. Its driving me nuts - I really wann...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MonsoonMally on
garrickmc

FSX Installation Procedure & SDK Questions

I have the Deluxe version & Acceleration on a Vista 32bit. Can someone tell me the proper way to install this..... I'm having problems with the tool menu not showing on the menu bar, I installed Deluxe first then Acceleration then the SDK stuff from disk ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
garrickmc on
dan_cbw

A Stupid Question?

When I set up a flight plan and choose either High/Low Alt airways, when it comes to looking at my GPS, it has an ETA to the next waypoint, is there any way to set it so it shows the ETA for the total journey (to the destination airport)?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dan_cbw on
toddbreda

What are the best realism settings for the controls?

Last weekend I took my first flight in a DG1000S sailplane. It was fantastic! However, I quickly learned my simulator settings are nowhere near as sensitive as the real thing. I've never flown a prop plane, but having sampled flying a real sailplane, I ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chez64 on
1LtLoric

Saitek X52

I was wondering, how do you get the scroll wheel, mouse click button, and mose control (the little aqua colored tab thingy) to work?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dan_cbw on
zero1123

Stall speed

Hello! I downloaded FA-37 Talon and I think it's a great aircraft, capable of reaching mach 4.0. I saw a little problem however, and it's the aircraft's stall speed. The aircraft doesn't stall untill it reaches 10-30knots!! This kind of unreallistic fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scottyboy39 on
dan_cbw

SP2 Rolls back...

Hi, I installed Service Pack 2 last night (its the first time playing FSX for about 5 months) and it worked perfectly, however today I had to do a system restore on my PC for other reasons, which meant FSX SP2 was not installed. So I go to install it agai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dan_cbw on
1LtLoric

Offset Effects

Well, I FINALLY found a freeware YF-22A Raptor, made by IRIS. But it had one glitch I would never expect from IRIS... Offset Afterburner effects. So, I'll be flying along, and I'd throttle all the way up, and after a few seconds my afterburners appear. Bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
harleyman52 on
avb99

FSX ATC Window

Hello Does anyone know how to either remove the border of the ATC window or reduce the font size please? I know we can reduce thr size of the box by dragging the corners but this only serves to limit the number of messages being displayed. I find the box...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
avb99 on
Bennyboybrown

AI Traffic

Hey guys..i got my FSX working again and i was wondering if there are any good AI traffic to get like virgin blue and qantas and stuff..?? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
harleyman52 on
rotorpower54

My FSX is not loading

I recently installed FSX on my computer with the acceleration pack. It has been running fine everytime. Today, when I clicked on the desktop icon to start up, it would not load. The FSX startup picture comes up like normal, but thats all it does. It...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ollyau

FS Water Configurator

Hi Everyone, On behalf of the FS Water Configurator team: After nearly a year of development and testing the day is finally here! FSWC is now available from our website for download. http://www.strikingsoftware.com/fswc.shtml Ashton, Pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
kin3

flight plan files?

Where does fsx look for flight plans? I create a flight plan and save it but I cannot load it in fsx because it looks in a different place or so it seem. I just need to know where fsx wants it to be then I can save it there. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kin3 on
rdlockrey

NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5200 question

I have been playing FSX for a few months now using my HP's intregrated ATI Radeon xPRESS 200 video (128mb / Shared) with "marginal graphics and framerates. I just picked up a NVIDIA GEFORCE 5200 (256MB) PCI , which is entry level at best, and im wonde...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
Heyjoojoo

Can I get get dual monitor affect with a PC and laptop?

Just wondering if I could somehow connect my laptop to my PC to achieve the dual monitor effect. Anyone got any ideas? Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mitch0508

2 sound cards in vista

hi i know ive asked this before but i really need to know how to do it. 😀 is there a way to put two sound cards in my computer and connect headphones to the one soundcard and speakers to the other and get the atc to come through the headphone...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chez64 on
chez64

HALO file

hey could anyone locate and send me the HALO file for fsx please, it is l found in the main texture folder i deleted mine accidentaly and emptied the recycle bin :oops: my email addy is zhutton@sky.com thanks all...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
2robplaying on
1LtLoric

Download = white screen?

Huh, I downloaded the B-17G 'Fuddy Duddy' and the F-16 Taiwan texture things, but when I run the simulation, it has sound and shows the smoke from startup and stunt smoke, but nothing else... Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
Page 25 of 66