Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

ricsike

Real world weather

Hy all! I've installed FS 2004 and when I click on the ral world weather it says: Error downloading weather. Check youor internet connection and settings! And it says even if I'm on the net! Why is it saying this? What can I do? I've uninstalled an instal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

How to do crosswind landings?

Well now i have finally mastered landing in clean weather, however now i would like to learn how to do so in crosswind landings? do i have to trim the ailerons, rudder? or just change direction? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
JLaw

Carb Heat

Hello all, thanks for all the great information on this site. Lots of really good info for folks like myself who can't afford the real thing yet and take the "game" WAY to serious!! 😂 I have a question on carb heat and how it's used in re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
Djanvk

Slowing Speed in the Big Jets

I was doing some of the Commercial training parts of FS9 and the problem I'm having is when he wants to keep n1 at 55% but decrease speed to 200, I cannot get the speed to drop and keep n1 there? Now do I need to lower flaps to slow it down a bit, are th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
RSSMITH7

Problem with Random Pausing in FS2004

I am having a problem in FS2004 with the program randomly pausing on its own at will. I can be taking off, en route, or landing and the system will just pause as if I had hit the "P" key. Can anyone tell me how I can get this stopped? I really apprecia...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
claytonlocher

I need some suggestions

Hey all!!! I need some suggestions on what FS addon to get for Christmas. I don't know what I'm looking for really. I have the CLS Eclipse 500 and FS Passengers. I'd prefer an aircraft over scenery or a utility...but just tell me what you guys like. Than...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Royann

Flightsim Manager

Help Unable to download new version of Flightsim Manager from www.ranainside.com saying site canot be found. Regards Royann...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on

7600GT

I know this isnt the correct forum to post this in but i need to have an answer quickly. I want to buy the 7600GT BUT my power supply is too small. I can buy a new power supply no problem but what i am wondering is, where does the PCI-E x16 slot get its ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
GustavoSM

Accidentally deleted Modules folder! FS2004

Hey everyone, I'm in a kind of emergency here, as I accidentally erased the the entire Modules folder when trying to delete one file inside it. Since it isn't a large directory, I came here to ask a big favor: will anyone zip this folder and send it to my...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
VB.NET

Level-D Atlantic

Hi all, I fly mostly long hauls,but they are over land. Now I want to fly from Europe to US but I must cross the Atlantic. I fly on the IVAO network zo I have to contact GANDER RADIO. But you have to fly at coordinates and I wonder if you can add th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Ryan

Flight sim traffic

Hi,just wondering wheter any of you know any free downloadable traffic for fs 2004 due to the fact of hardly any other aircraft in the airports thanks ryan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SK8Z27

flight sim does not load....

i've been having a problem here as of late. my flight sim did not load and seemed to take forever. i did the old control, alt, delete and it kept on saying "fs9 not responding." i did a complete uninstall/reinstall, went to the flight sim website and i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SK8Z27 on
MRGUYGIBSON

FSFlyingSchool demo v1.1 has been released

Hi, Just a quick note to inform you that FSFlyingSchool demo v1.1 (12th December) has been released. 😀 It supports FS2004 and FS2002, and more information can be found at: http://www.FSFlyingSchool.com Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MRGUYGIBSON on
DoubleBounce

Up, Up, and Away. (How I got Jenny off the ground)

In an earlier post I was looking for help because I couldn't get some of the aircraft off of the ground. I first noticed the problem when the 172 would not turn up more than 2200 RPM on takeoff. I could get off the ground but it was a long run. P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Jive1

Flickering

Hey! I have a problem with an older scenery of EBBT, it's on http://users.telenet.be/jiv1/ebbt20.zip This scenery is an older one, designed for FS2000 or even for FS98, I don't know exactly, but I want to use it in FS9, because to me it seems the most...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Karlw

If you have the captain sim 757 please help

Can I insatll freeware 757 sounds or do I have to buy them im just wondering if there is anything that says you are not allowed to mess with the aircraft Thanks cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Badge Man

Crashing Into Buildings

What happens when you crash into buildings on Flight Simualtor 2002, 2004, or X?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
DonMussell

Can't instal FS2004

I can't install FS2004 on my machine. I though I had a problem with disk 3, but I got a new copy of the game and the same thing is happening. Basically it just stops responding once I put in disk 3. I noticed it won't respond after asking for disk 3 and i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
M15A

A few Cessna 172 questions!

I just got to the traffic pattern lessons in FS9. In the lesson it tells me to take of at 55 knots. I always thought I should take off at 75 knots in the Cessna! Am I wrong? Another question: In the lesson the instructor tells me to reduce power to 150...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
budsie175

Black screen

I keep dropping out to a black screen but with audio. Any suggestions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
M15A

Cessna 172 differences in FS2004 and X-plane

Hello all! I use FS2004 and Xplane for my flightsim needs. In my experience the Cessna 172 in FS2004 reacts in a different way than the Cessna in X-plane. For example: In X-plane very little steering is needed to get the plane to bank to the left o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
M15A on
JVD

IGFLY Walk and Follow

I could make this a long story but wright now I'm just tired with frustration. I downloaded the IGFLY W and F tool and installed it. It has a limit to where the demo will work . So I went to the place to test it out on my PMDG 747. When trying it out ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Welverin

Problem with FS9

A few days ago my computer decided to throw a fit. I took it to a computer shop, they did their thing and now it's working agin.... sorta. I tried running fs and when I went to the tower view it restarted my computer. I un/reinstalled fs and now it restar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welverin on
guess

Problem with FS9 IR checkride

Hi to all of you, After visiting Rod's website, I could pass the holding pattern of IR finally. But another problem has came. After pass the holding, I set the NAV1 and OBS accroding to the sim chart, but the women said I didn't set the NAV1 and OBS corr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guess on
steve c

Traffic and Go Round

Relatively new to fs 2004. Getting more and more frustrated when I think I have followed all instructions correctly during planned I F flights. I keep getting go round from atc when the runway is clear and nothing in front on approach. I have Just Flig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
selmuir

OverSpeed ??

Hi again Um you know when the plane goes into overspeed what button do you press to slow down ??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
dl295

formation flying

just a message to see if anyone is interested in flying formation on multiplayer. if there is a few then i'll post a list of aircraft that we use already( mainly military aircraft)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
murjax

Longest Runway in Flight Sim

I thought it was nasa too but I am not sure. Anyway I am in the process of making a 100,000 ft runway off the coast of Jacksonville,FL. I am making it with AFCAD and if it works right, it will be the longest runway in flight sim. 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
dl295

has anyone else used FS Recorder??

has anyone else used this awesome program, i have only just found it and it's probably old hat but it's just plain awesome...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dl295 on
budsie175

World's smallest twin engine plane

Find it on You Tube today....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
lowensteinbs

Landing Problems

PLEASE HELP!!! I have been reading post after post about landing and trying to make a smooth and decent landing. My problem is that I seem to hit the ground quite hard on the main gear and the nose kind of just gets knocked almost onto the runway due ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lowensteinbs on

turning on taxiways

how do you know which way to turn on a taxiway for example.. taxi to rwy 32R using B B1 G H TY Y5 how do you know wich way to turn on B1 G H TY Y5 Why don't you Turn on and follow the Progressive Taxi line(Yellow arrows in FSX).Its the choice ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
jayd

high alt weird plane position

im flying right now at 40000 ft in an Airbus a300 american airlines HNAC i think is the maker. but i am noticing that i am traveling at .83 mach, but only like 270kts. and my plane seems to be pointing up about 5 degrees. its kind of weird. is there a rea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Odyssey

Not a problem?????

Flying on FSPax in a Learjet 45. It was only a small flight so my tanks were only filled to 40%. When I started the flight the weight in the tanks were equal. However, 10 minutes into the flight it appeared that the left tank was decreasing quicker than t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Karlw

The pmdg 744 cabin whats this here for?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/23930/pmdg-744-cabin-whats-this-here-for_49bc90cc0060dbe78c68ae1352829933.jpg Why?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
CodyH

V1, Vr, V2, Vref - what's that?

Hey guys i know what V1 and Vr, and Vref are, but what is V2, and can anyone give me a link or just tell me how to calculate these 😀 (i have always used my FMC - woops 😂 ) Thx in advance guys ❗ ❗...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
RichT

C-17 airbase

Does anyone know where I can download a good package for the C-17 airbase Charleston AFB? I have lots of good military bases with the relevant military aircraft parked on the apron, and the majority even have AI. The only C-17 package I have is Hickam ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
blueknight5

CH Products Flight Yoke in MS X

I have been having problems with the yoke not staying in calibration from flight to flight. I keep having to re calibrate it to make the flights work. I have less problems with the yoke in MS 2004. Any suggestions....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Gman62

Real Piper Meridian

For those who enjoy the FS Meridian, there is a site where you can download a flight in the real thing. It is a complete flight from start-up to shut down and includes alot of interaction with the GNS 530 auto pilot and the complete Meggit avionic system...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
budsie175

Flight planner

Is there any way to add waypoints once the flight planner is loaded and you are airborne?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Simmy

Fuel consumption rates

Greetings to all. Can anyone tell me where to find details of fuel consumption for aircraft? In order to fill in a flight log properly I need to know fuel consumption rates at take of, cruising etc. I suppose at a basic level I could use MS FS 2004 ai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
dme43

Fspassengers Demo available?

hey everyone, I have fs2002 (i know im in the wrong forum) and i was wondering if there is a demo or anything for fspassengers for Fs2002 Thanks :hack:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
CodyH

APU? TCAS?

Hey guys i can't believe i'm asking this but can someone tell me what is APU and TCAS and what are they for..? Thx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CodyH on

'Please Insert Disc 4' Error message?!

I am getting the message in the title, and the CD is loaded, clean, drive is OK everything I don't know what is wrong and its only just started happening.... Anyone help please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
xx_gunner_xx

FS passenger

hi i seem to have a problem with fspassenger 2004. when i end the flight fsp2004 gives me a report on how i did, everything is perfect however i seem to be loosing points for exceeding the flap limit- which i dont, i always extract the flaps below the giv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Flyguy41983

Still having SB3 Problems

I still cant get SB3 to work. My question is can i use it on a regular laptop using add-on aircraft, or do I have to have a real cockpit simulator? Also How do i log into a server on VATIM and how do i find my callsign?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
budsie175

HUD

On an ILS approach with HUD, how far out does the visuals appear?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
budsie175 on
Concorde105

Emergency: How do you take screenshots?

How do you take screenshots in FS2004????????? :help!: :help!: :help!: :help!:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Odyssey

VATSIM without ISP Email Address?

Firstly, I would like to say hello for the first time in a few months it most certainly has been while. Two questions for you: Is there anyway I can register on VATSIM without usind an ISP e-mail address? And, is there any software/hardware i need...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
trailnut on
biello

Card and monitor issues

well guys, i could really use some more help. im not sure how this is happening or why, but randomly, especially when im on final, or even about to touchdown, my fs9 will shut down. well specifically my monitor shuts down and displays the message " out of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
biello on
Page 24 of 111