Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

dannyboy2005

GPS Weather Radar

Is there a download that i can get the weather shown om my GPS, Just like they do in real life. Does FSX have this feature? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
lowensteinbs

Freeware Jetways for FS2004?

Does anyone know of any site that has freeware Jetways? After creating a Flight Plan with Route Finder, I would like to actually see the flight plotted on Jetways. Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lowensteinbs on
ronarm

FS2004 no CD patch

😞 Just got the FS2004 no-CD patch installed. Still ask for disk 4. Any suggestions? Ron...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
egghead

Scenery.cfg error

Hi i am haveing a problem with flight sim when i laod it up it says Scenery.cfc file error local Scenery directionry (Scenery\cities\niagara\) in Scenery area .026 not found click ok to continue. if i click ok the program ends, how do i fix this pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
egghead on
Bilbobaker

XFX geforce 6200 drivers

I just upgraded my video card drivers to the newest offering from nVidia and now all my planes are pink on the outside view in FS 2004 In FSX the native airplanes work fine but all the ones I imported from FS9 are pink too. Is there a setting that will...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
leachus2002

Flight Routing - LHR to MIA

Hi peeps, I am flying out to miami on 12th Jan with AA on a 777. I was just wondering what routing we might take on the way? Whether as it is a twin engined jet, we will follow the coast upto greenland and back down over canada or just go straight o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
dannyboy2005

ATC - Telling me to descend to earlie?

When flying an IFR, ATC tell me "DY478, You are 69miles, turn right heading 58, descend and maintain Fl10, Expect vectors for r/w 27L" I descend to this flight level using the default descent rate, -1800fpm. I soon descend to my current level. The atc tel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
dougjc

default FS2004 radio - need help using it.

I've had FS2004 for about 4 weeks now and I'm not sure what the various buttons on the default comm/nav radio stack are (on the 172, mooney, etc) Are there any good instructions on its use? For example, buttons HD, APG, NAV, APR, REV, ALT, BFO, IDT.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
dannyboy2005

Wing Vapors

Can you have wingvapors in fs2004 or is there an add-on that i can buy that will allow me to do it? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
dannyboy2005

3D grass.

I have seen a screen shot, NOT Edited. that has 3d grass, Its not flat like the default fs grass, this, you can actually see the grass. I hear that its an add-on for fs, its freewear but cant find it any where. Help (I'll try and find the S/S to show y...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on

Beechcraft 350

Hi, i have a question about the beechcraft king air 350 default aircraft in fs9. The vref chart tells me that i should be lading at 109 kias. i use the autopilot till the last 100 feet and then land it. however when as i approach i slowly decrease the spe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
dannyboy2005

Reverse Thrust during flight?

Is it possible to do reverse thrust during the descent to slow you downin fs2004? When i was going to Brazil, Salvador in a 767-300 the pilot reversed thrust to slow us down, Why cant you do this in fs2004? (I press and hold F2). Is there a line that i ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on

View change crashes

Hi Everyone, I am having difficulties with FS X, abouut 20 mins into flight when I change the view from outside spot back to cockpit the computer goes to blue screen and restarts my computer. it only happens when I change views. I have tried reinstalling ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jcmarathon

ActiveSky Weather

While running ActiveSky weather my computer crashes from time to time. It does it while it is checking for updates. My computer is very powerful so I am sure that is not the problem. Are there ports I need to open in my router? Please help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
Karlw

Taxiing harder in real life

I just flew a real plane for the first time yesterday an intro to my flight lessons I have all the books and what not my instructer let me taxi and oh boy its not like it is in the simulator its much much harder (Or I was nervous) ;) but That should be im...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
dannyboy2005

Real Life - 767-300 Smoke in Cabin

I just arrived back today from sunny Brazil after a 2 week holiday. I was squashed in a My Travel 767-300 plane for 10 hour flight from Salavdor (SBSV) -> Gatwick (EGKK). When we took off from Salavdor at about 8PM (Brazil Time)the pilot turned on the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Guest Ed

Flight of the Vin Fiz 2006

Hi all, I just finished a trip across the USA, recreating the 1911 flight by Calbraith Rodgers, the first successful flight all the way across the US. Rodgers did it in a Wright EX biplane, but lacking that, I flew it in a Piper Cub. This is one of t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Karlw

well some good news about the c-130 and fsx (captain sim)

it seems that most of their planes should be updated for free including the c-130 mabye not the 727 but most definatly the c-130 as the 757 is going to be updated for fsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lunkan78 on
dannyboy2005

Will a AMD Athlon 64 X2 work with ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mother

Hello I am going to build a new system and i was wondering if i could use AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Dual Core) with ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard. A Friend of mine rekons you can, but it dosn't say anything on the box or manual that you can use a Dual Core P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
bloodstaindtears

how do i calibrate the old xbox controllers?

i was wondering if anyone here knows how to fix/calibrate the old xbox controllers because mine is stuck in scrolling up....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
Jive1

leveling problems

Hey! Good day, I wonder if somebody can explain why I can't level ground at some locations.... I was trying to place a Helipad ( see http://users.telenet.be/jiv1/flightsim/bestanden/af2_ebdl.zip ) somewhere in the FS9-scenery, where initially nothing ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jive1 on
Murdock

Start With Engine OFF

Hi Can anyone tell me why every time I go to fly a plane the engine is always running ? I have started from Gates/Ramps/Runway and they are always running. 🙄 Is there a way of starting with them off ❓ cheers Mark...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on

joystick assignment suggestions

Hello, i have owned this game for a year and had a saitek x45 controller that my uncle, who is a whiz at this game, set up perfectly. The assigments were just fine, but that joystick broke after falling. I received a Saitek x52 for christmas, and have ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
crokone

converting recorded fs 2004 video files to windows movie mak

i recorded sum video clips while playing flight simulator 2004 but i just cant seem to get them to be converted into windows media player. movie maker, real one etc. how do i do this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Prozac919

Who uses FS for real world instrument flying practice?

Just curious. I purchased FS as a way to keep up with my instrument flying skills while I finished my last year and a half in the military flying a desk. Are there many other folks who use this to help with instrument proficiency or are most casual game...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
to_coolguys

Bloody Beginners guide to Realistic Flight simulation

hi guys, found this guide on avsim..Check this out.. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=94760...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
garye

Flight Simulator 2004 - Compatible Joysticks

Hi Wonder if anyone can help - I bought my son the above game, and got the Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro Plus joystick which I had to also buy the gameport to USB interface. The Joystick does not work with this interface. Does anyone know is there ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on

glider and 737 won't take off

I'm really new at this - just got it for christmas. Why can't I get the glider and the Boeing planes to take off?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Karlw

omg read everyone im so happy ican't belive my eyes!!!!

I got fsx bikes etc but my favorite gift came in a box with a thin peice of paper on it oened it to a black folder once I fliped it over it said FLIGHT SCHOOL yes im so ahppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 😀 😳 😳 😳 ㈳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Spam3d

Sid/Stars

yo all, in having some trouble selecting correct stars for my fmc when im programming it..how do i select an adequate sid that takes the most direct route from the airport to your next waypoint, i dont fly online so i dont recive the sid's. Im just curiou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
nottobe

what do I do when I am asked to fly published departure?

is the published departure same as SID? Should I just go online and search for SID of this airport?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
djcevera

excellent add ons

could someone please point me in the direction of some good addons for fs9 im looking for realistic stuff atc, crew and passengers things of that nature. thanks alot....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
nottobe

water texture weird

Hi there, I upgraded to GE Pro and all of a sudden the water texture looks so weird. The color is light blue, there are huge ripples seen from FL390 and 40 miles away. Even in the night the water shows tropical light blue and this spooky ripples and waves...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
Raytheon25

Good laptop

can anyone sugest a laptop (preferably under 1000 dollars) that runs flight sim 2004 with "pretty well" very well" also with decent graphics UNDER 800 WOULD BE GREAT...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
CodyH

VATSIM connecting problems - PLEASE HELP!

Ok guys i have connected to Vatsim via SquawkBox3 for sometime now (probably in the range of 4 months) however when i try and connect now it says multiplayer connection failed and as a result i cannot connect to the network. I have tryed switching servers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CodyH on
Doyley

Autoland

Hi all, I know it takes all the fun out of it but how do you set up a Learjet to autoland? Do I need another addon? I always use ILS at the minute for getting from A to B. Cheers 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Zaxol on
Ricksterbman

Fuel Gauges on 737

Can anybody clue me in out there? I will be flying a 737 for a virtual airline , and included with that will be fuel usage reports I would imagine. I downloaded the plane, and when it is sitting full on the runway the left and right fuel gauges both re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on

My new 7600GT

I have a new 7600gt installed in my system. I have put AF to 8x and AA to 4x and all detail on ultra high and get ground frame rates of 40-50 in the PMDG and air FPS of near around 70-80. I was slightly worried with the coolling of the card though as at i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
David12

pc has been slow

hello first sory for bad english! i have played flight sim for long amount of time and i am dissapoint now as it has slowd down. i did clean my pc case other day and component has falen out..now pc is very slow? i cant get good fps at even low seting? ple...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
ACE Veterain

So slow!

Why does FSX take so long to load? 2 hours on one disk!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Matthew Short

Flight Simulator 2006: Air Traffic and other suggestions

I really enjoyed fs 2004. It is a big inprovement from 2002 and especially 98. One thing is the selection of airplanes. I get bored of the same ones. I noticed that you sometimes take airplanes off. e.g. Cessna 182RG. Another thing is the air traffic....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rodney Pudfinder on
SK8Z27

can't change default flight...

as stated, whenever i change the default flight to my payware a/c, airport, and check the "make default" box, it never saves. i can restart and defaults back to the cessna. i'm at a loss. i've changed it many times and never had this problem until i ch...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ricksterbman on
Odyssey

Changing FSpax Music

Is it possible to transfer music from a CD and use it for the ambient music files in FSpassenger? Od...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
futurepilot

Localizer

Alright, I would like some help, you know how ATC says "Maintain altitude until established on the localizer", well, how can you get established on the localizer? I don`t know how because the Learning Center and all of the approach guides don't tell you h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
renesis

FS2004 Crashing to desktop!

Hi all, A quick question if I may - any advice much appreciated. Recently installed FS9 along with PMDG 737NG and Level D 767. Whilst mid-flight - FS9 crashes to the desktop with no error message. It loads ok and my system is more than capable o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
MRGUYGIBSON

FSFlyingSchool v 1.2 Released with Full FSX Support

Hi, Just a quick note to inform you that FSFlyingSchool v1.2 (18th December) has been released. Supports FSX, FS2004 and FS2002. Movies, free demo and more information can be found at: http://www.FSFlyingSchool.com Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MRGUYGIBSON on
nottobe

IAP and STAR

can someone kindly tell me what the difference is between Instrument Aproach Procedure and Standard Terminal Arrival (route?)? Thanks BTW, when I approach with ILS, why there are ILS approach plates? What is the need for the plates when you are totally v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
SpiderWings

Learning about Wind Correction Angles

In my current flight adventure of recreating flights in the 2004 default flights, https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/23275/pre-programmed-flights-in-fs2004/ I continue to learn some pretty fun things relative to flying. Currently I'm usin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on

what is the most dangerous or most fun approach?

well, of course all of the scenery has to be realistic...but provided you have the right scenery i would say the kai tak approach (vhhh). I love that landing!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
minicaptain on
DJ-JOE123

I need some good ip adresses!

pease could you give me some good ip adresses to log onto because i want to fly with other pilots i think it would be great anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Page 24 of 111