Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Odyssey

Posting a report

I am having trouble posting my FSPax report on here. I am trying to follow instructions from another post but it just isn't working. Can anybody give me any pointers? Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
cumpaniciu_one

Contact Seattle center times 10

I contacted Seattle Center as instructed by the FS2004 ATC. Then they told me to contact Seattle Center on another frequency, then on another, then another and so on every 5 minutes or so. I this just a FS bug? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
CaptainKW

FS Passengers and Payware

Hi people just wondering, been looking at the amazing screenshots and they are unbelievable. i cant wait for the chance to fly one of the airlines! What is this FS Passengers? how much is it or can u download it for free? what comes with it? and what is P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainKW on
Chiefy78

Log book problems

Heya all, Whenever I quit out of FS2004, normally, it would automatically bring up the logbook so I can log my flight time, only now it says that the log book is corrupt. Does anyone have a solution for this? Also, how do you have the settings so t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chiefy78 on
Jamie4590

INS waypoints

Is there a rule of thumb concerning distances between waypoints? I have a flight plan where the first waypoint is 2700nm away. This doesn't cause me any problems but the track line arcs as its such a long distance. I was wondering if the wayponts are clos...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
Odyssey

'A successful failure'

I have just completed a flight which I am particularly proud of. I was flying over afganistan, which of course is a war zone, and was fired at from the ground. In the space of the next ten minutes or so I was suject to an abundance of severe failures. Mos...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
Odyssey

Gates

Does anybody know of a freeware download that will allow gates to be at all airports?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Odyssey

Autobreaks

I usually use TOGA mode on takeoff but when I have the autobreaks set to RTO they sometimes spontaniously start to break by themselves. Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Odyssey

Hard Landings

Brace yourselves gentlemen, this is a long one. The only thing preventing me from getting 100% flight report in FSpax is my landings. They are always too hard. Im flying a downloaded 737-700. I normally use approach hold so I can concentrate on flaps an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
turbotay

Ai flightplan

I made a fligtplan so that a helicopter can take off of corona airport but the helicopter is showing up in the wrong parking spot how can I fix this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
CaptainKW

Please could someone give me some advise

Hi there, this might take awhile so i appreicate in advance any help what so ever! Basically i have played FS from 98 but never really been able to get into it and recently i realised its coz i dont actually know how to fly properly. All i have been do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
crosscheck9

Just to get an idea (PMDG/Vatsim)

Just wanted to ask those of you who have the PMDG 737NG, on average, how long does it take you to go through preflight, FMC setup, and engine start? Also, for those of you who fly on Vatsim, is it just me, or do I need them to type out the transmission...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
Doyley

Fuel Planning

Hi all, Can somebody help me out with calculating how much fuel is required for journeys. I always end up with too much fuel when landing making me land faster than usual. Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on

LCD or CRT Display?

Hi! I'm planning to build a mid-range AMD-based gaming PC in the next few weeks, but right now I still haven't decided between an LCD or a CRT display. I haven't tried using an LCD for gaming. Which one would you recommend for FS2004 and why? Some say C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
ceetee

Need help Quick! Blurry Textures

Following the FS9.cfg tweak here: http://vistaoz.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4884 I have increased my FPS. Unfortuantly though, I have lost the sharp texures on my buildings and trees, and they now look like this: How can I fix this? Please help ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
tiger7881

Less or more FPS?

Hey guys, i have a question about, wahts better when the fsp less, or more, because when i am going to the cockpit to spot view, there is like gray textures thne the defult textures and computer is freezing for 1 or 2 secs, and its usually like that, does...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greg1138 on
deanos63

Has anyone got ACTIVE SKY 6? i need help!

has anyone else got active sky 6? I just downloaded it today, because i wanted more wheather dynamics. ie MORE TURBULENCE BABY! but i just don't really see any difference in this and what i had before? I have got the AS graohics and AS main programs...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
leachus2002

I'm Back with my A319 Questions :)

Hey Peeps, I am finally getting to grips with my A319 that I am flying, but just need to clear up some loose ends. Firstly, when I pull up (on average), is pulling up to "20" ok or is that a bit steep? Also, what is the correct rotation speed (again...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
crosscheck9

Something doesn't make sense here. . .

http://www.fscharts.com/index.php?action=airport&airport=4192&ils=on&ndb=on&vor=on&waypoints=on&atis=on&mag=1&event=1 Take a look at the above chart. If you look closely, you'll notice 8R and 26L have the same ILS frequency. How is this possible. Wo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
brownbox

i hate active camera?

look what happens when you move up! https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/20681/i-hate-active-camera_2440ed2ccaf209b07c80a9b40d434ff9.jpg the ground textures float up with you!! :evil: anyone know how to fix this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
ranald

IAP charts for Europe

I cant seem to find any SID/STAR or IAP charts for Europe is there any useful fight with links or charts ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Rich T

Wireless mouse

Having had my new PC for just over a month now, I have experienced times when the mouse just goes dead in the middle of something, and I can't do anything except re-start the PC. This is also the first time I have used a wireless mouse and keyboard. Co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
Greg1138

Landmarks....

Hi all - I know half of the fun of FSimming is exploring, but I wondered about a thread dedicated to finding the way to various famous landmarks. For example, I have posted elsewhere on this board about a trip down the Thames taking in Tower Bridge, th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cagle

no cd patch: Where is the setup.exe file?

could someone please tell me where the setup.exe file fs9 is so I can put the patch in?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
crosscheck9

On approach w/ Vatsim...need charts..what do you do?

Sometimes, an aircraft will be required to perform a procedure turn before final approach. To know how to execute this turn, the pilot needs approach plates, but lets assume he didn't happen to be carrying the charts for that specific runway, because he ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
BlueEagle

Flight Instructor Panel (Help)

I am trying to figure out how to load or start the so-called Flight Instructor Panel referred to in Learning Center. FS 2004 is supposed to have this available for an instructor using Multiplayer. I have been unable to get this working. Can anyone point m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
BigAl1978

Water textures? What the best one for FS2004

Is there any way to get cool water effects for FS2004 like in FSX ? If there are any cool water texture upgrades let me know. Thanks Al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Bigal78

NEW GEFORCE DRIVERS - Great performance increase for FS2004

Its not brand new but.... Just thought I would let everyone know, I just updated to the latest Geforce Forceware driver 9.1.4.7 realeased on 8/11/2006 from the last version and with exactly the same settings in FS2004, my frame rate went up between 10-...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Chiefy78

Just a quickie

Heya all, Just a quick question for you all. Asides from assigning failures before flying, does your plane ever suffer a random failure/damage/storm damage?? Cheers all Nick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Immanuel

Covered Sky

Can anyone tell me how I completely cover the sky with clouds, like someday where it´s not raining, but a heavy cloud layer??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
gpawood

Memory problem

Recently, I've experienced the same memory failure whenever I close FS9; "The instruction at "0x0253540e" referenced memory at "0x20d13930". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program." When I click ok, the program closes just fine...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gpawood on
Solotwo

How in-depth do you plan your flights?

Well recently I just started planning all my flights around actual flights that are flown. Including times, dates, the airports of course, with the correct planes, using the right call signs and what not. Now recently got even more indepth by learning t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on
How do I look around?!?

I need to know how to look around the aircraft.

I am looking on Simviation for aircraft and sometimes I see a photo (next to the doenload to the plane) that has a shot of the interior of the plane-not the cockpit, the cabin. I was wondering how to "walk" around an airplane. Please help. I am very curio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Immanuel

Better texture to AI Traffic

How can I make my AI aircrafts, have much better texture. Make the fuselage and everything else look more smooth?? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Alapha Hotel

flaps, descent speed

hi everyone just 2 quick questions....in a heavy jet (777 or 747) what speed would you descend into an appraoch, so for example at about the top of decent what speed would you reduce to and start decending at and what speed would you end up at at about...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
to_coolguys

max speed setting for spoilers

Hi ALL, I wanted to know if we have any max speed above which i should not be deploying spoilers to slow down the aircraft....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Skyfacer

So called realism in Microsoft FSim.

I hear that the new Microsoft Flight Simulator will have moving traffic visible on the highways ect below. Now I am wondering that instead of having that, why not improve the appearance of the roads themselves because at the moment in FS 2004 the roads ec...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
to_coolguys

Commercial Level D flight sim vs MSFS

Hi guys, found this link.Many of you experienced flight simmers might have gone thru this .Just in case.. http://forum.projectopensky.com/index.php?showtopic=10914...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
MrSifter

Vulcan Bomber Add-ons for Free?

Hi guys I'm relatively new to all of this however have a quick question. I have seen all the add-ons for the additional planes and want to fly the Vulcan bomber. I've seen that you can buy these add-ons from shops, ebay etc but what im wanting to know ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Odyssey

AI

Can anyone tell me what AI means in referrence to AI aircraft and stuff....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Karlw

AMERICAN AIRLINES LEVEL D 767

Where Can I find this repaint for the level D 767 please post a link thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Kool Bus

Speed or Mach

Hi everyone, in a B747 i always take off with the autothrottle set on SPD 250 up to 10,000 ft. After 10,000 ft to FL20 i set it to 280, then FL20-30 300, FL30+ 320. I know this isn't how a real pilot would do it, but can anyone tell me the speed or ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
johnlund on
deanos63

Using PMDG aircraft with Fspassengers

ok i'm using PMDG 737, and i am also using fspassengers. When i try to get my co-pilot to change the dials in fspassengers by say for instance, hitting H (for heading) the typing 090, normally the autopilot would change to this setting, however when us...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
APM

not descending down the glide slope

Hi everyone, I was flying from KLAS to KSFO, got to 18nm outside of SFO, was at 6,000 ft, 180knts with flaps at 30 in the default B747. I had the nav 1 radio tuned in to runway 28R, with the course set at the right heading. I turned the knob abov...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Jamie4590

Pre-set Failures

Are there any downloads of pre-set failures to really test the pilot? Perhaps a flight where immediately after take-off to touching down the pilot will be presented with a nightmare of a flight? I know I can create my own failures but it never seems...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Goose7817

Setting the heading on the Cessna 182 RG

Hi, I've having some problems finding any information on how to enter the heading on the above. plane. I bring up the radio stack and can enter the ATIS frequency, Runway ILS, transponder. However I cannot find anywhere to enter the heading so the co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Excelsis

Flying Lessons in FS9

Am I alone in thinking that the lessons provided in FS4 are frustrating? My main source of irritation is that the instructor (Rod Muchacho or something) speaks far too fast, like they have speeded up the tape to fit his narrative in. Consequently the info...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Virenque on

FS2004 crashes to desktop

When loading a new flight, Flight Simulator 2004 crashes to the desktop at around 70%-90%. The following error is reported: AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: sim1.dll ModVer: 9.1.0.40901 Offset: 0004fe33 I had the game inst...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

terrain.cfg and Scenery.cfg !!!!

I want the following files for FS2004 : terrain.cfg & Scenery.cfg please and thank you 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
sgtmoody

Activating smoke system

hi all, i have a problem is that i dont know how to activate the smoke system on an aircraft, what key do we use to activate it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Page 32 of 111