Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

DoubleBounce

Can't Get Off The Ground

All of a sudden some of the legacy aircraft that came with FS9 started to develop engine proglems. They used to fly but now they don't. I first noticed it on the 172 which will rev up to 2200 rpm. The Jenny and Vimy will not turn up enough to get of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DoubleBounce on
Gman62

Real Piper Meridian

For those who enjoy the FS Meridian, there is a site where you can download a flight in the real thing. It is a complete flight from start-up to shut down and includes alot of interaction with the GNS 530 auto pilot and the complete Meggit avionic system...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
budsie175

Flight planner

Is there any way to add waypoints once the flight planner is loaded and you are airborne?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Karlw

ys-11 help please

I need help starting the ys-11 I hear then number 1 engine starting up and sometimes it does then shuts down th number 2 just starts up and stop adn does it again and again and again why?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Simmy

Fuel consumption rates

Greetings to all. Can anyone tell me where to find details of fuel consumption for aircraft? In order to fill in a flight log properly I need to know fuel consumption rates at take of, cruising etc. I suppose at a basic level I could use MS FS 2004 ai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
dme43

Fspassengers Demo available?

hey everyone, I have fs2002 (i know im in the wrong forum) and i was wondering if there is a demo or anything for fspassengers for Fs2002 Thanks :hack:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
CodyH

APU? TCAS?

Hey guys i can't believe i'm asking this but can someone tell me what is APU and TCAS and what are they for..? Thx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CodyH on

'Please Insert Disc 4' Error message?!

I am getting the message in the title, and the CD is loaded, clean, drive is OK everything I don't know what is wrong and its only just started happening.... Anyone help please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
xx_gunner_xx

FS passenger

hi i seem to have a problem with fspassenger 2004. when i end the flight fsp2004 gives me a report on how i did, everything is perfect however i seem to be loosing points for exceeding the flap limit- which i dont, i always extract the flaps below the giv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Flyguy41983

Still having SB3 Problems

I still cant get SB3 to work. My question is can i use it on a regular laptop using add-on aircraft, or do I have to have a real cockpit simulator? Also How do i log into a server on VATIM and how do i find my callsign?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
budsie175

HUD

On an ILS approach with HUD, how far out does the visuals appear?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
budsie175 on
Concorde105

Emergency: How do you take screenshots?

How do you take screenshots in FS2004????????? :help!: :help!: :help!: :help!:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Odyssey

VATSIM without ISP Email Address?

Firstly, I would like to say hello for the first time in a few months it most certainly has been while. Two questions for you: Is there anyway I can register on VATSIM without usind an ISP e-mail address? And, is there any software/hardware i need...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
trailnut on
biello

Card and monitor issues

well guys, i could really use some more help. im not sure how this is happening or why, but randomly, especially when im on final, or even about to touchdown, my fs9 will shut down. well specifically my monitor shuts down and displays the message " out of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
biello on
djcevera

when do i activate vectors

could someone please lend me some knowledge.. ive been using the gps to set up for landings. however i never really get lined up with the runway could someone please let me know around when i should be activating the vectors for my approches in my gps im ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
mossy

ILS...aaaggghhh

What am I doing wrong? out of the five of six times that I have tried ILS, only once have I even got my radio to pick up the frequency... 1.) I follow the map to my destination, check it has green feathers, and find it's ILS frequency. 2.) I put the f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Karlw

abandon?

well I got a pm saying we should abandon the off topic forum. I personley agree with this. I mena look what we've done. valuable members have left the forums. Hopefully wit a little repair they will return. no more arguements nothing! just plain talk abou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
murjax on
johnpg6mm

HELP!! BROKEN #1 CD!!!

PLZ help! i was reinstalling fs2004 but it didnt start the installation cause my brother broke the cd. :evil: I havent played it in about 6 months and i want to play it badly. could someone like email me the disk #1 or the whole game?? my email is johnthe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
johnpg6mm on
MSR777

Frame Rate problem with FS9

Hi Friends, I am getting 2 to 4 frame rate per/sec when using PMDG aircrafts & 5 to 11 on using default aircrafts. Is there is way to tweak FS9 and/or MS Win XP to increase the frame rate number? I am using a Celeron {R} CPU 2.66GHz, 512MB of RAM...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Guest Ed

12,000' deep canyon in Missouri!

Hi all, I've been flying FS09 since it came out, and I've seen a lot of weird stuff-- the airport in a box canyon up in Alaska, the Aurora Borealis, the underwater airport in Canada (CYRV), the Chicken Restaurants all around the world, but this takes t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
CaptDennison

SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!! FLY in 3-D

I read this in another forum, so I tried it, and it works! I realize there are NEWER drivers out, but I had older drivers and wanted to update-so I gave it a try. I can actually see in 3-D with red/blue glasses! I also tried messing around with it on Gho...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
murjax

Slew problem

I am having trouble with my slew. I can go up and down on when I slew but not anywhere else. I have had this problem ever since I got Fspassengers. Please help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Flyguy41983

Squawkbox and vatsim

I need help with squawkbox. I cant get it to start. How do i get it to start without it saying the multiplayer problem. How can i talk to the atc people for vatsim. Im really confused. P.S. I ran the thing it told me to run and it didnt help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
Ltshrek

fsp772v3 not showing up

I'm modifying my AI traffic files from the really lame MyTraffic models. I'm working the 777-200 now and am utilizing the "fsp772v3" model. A little more backgroung info: "FS Live Traffic" is my AI program. The problem I'm encountering is when I start up ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
earthqu8kes

best landing?

im wondering what an average landing is in terms of -ft/m. and also what is your best landing ever in terms of -ft/m. mine is -35.4ft/m landing 13L at Chico today....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on

FSP problem

Hey all, I am having a problem with FSP. On my past two flights, midway through the flight a sign has come up saying 'fsp locaion change, flight aborted' its done this for no reason. Has anyone has similar problems? Happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
mossy

ILS problems again...

I have recently been attempting to master ILS approaches. I have read the approach guides on this webstie and also many other things about ILS on the web. I am flying in a dahvilland twin otter. I follow the pink line to my destination, and make sure I h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
James955

gps_export.dll

Hey guys, I have a huge problem my gps_export.dll file just crashed and i cannot restore it, could somebody send me the file please to jkmc@seznam.cz ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nate45036 on
earthqu8kes

slew mode

ive heard people talking about slew mode to take screenshots. i dont really take screenshots often so i dont know what slew mode is. could somne fill me in here? thanks in advance. 😉 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
kwkrnu

FS2004/FS9

Hello All, I am new to the FS series. I have several driving sims. A friend gave me his FS2004 because he bought FSX. I see on this forum that people are talking about FS09; is that an upgrade down load or it is a completely new game? Is it still avaiabl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kwkrnu on

Route

I was just wondering how to make a .pln for fs9. I know when u have the route you can go to fsroute.com and make it, but is there any other alternaticve because that site tells me there are errors in my flightplan when there aren;'t because i got them off...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Guest5549

Landing Autopilot without ILS

Hi there, If a runway doesn't have an ILS and ATC tells you it will be a visual landing, is there anyway you can program a landing guide into your GPS so you can still do an approach on AP? Any replies will be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
tiger7881

I need some guidence !

Hey guys, i bought a new video card as i told u before. The video card is GeForce 7600 but i cant instal it becasuse my motherbored is not DDR or DDR2, and the thing is i have to buy a new motherbored, then they told me to buy new RAM and new proccesor. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Munkeh on

jegged edges

When i take off to cruise, in the distance i get like 'mountains' or sharp jagged adges, sometimes it can only be a bump. Im not sure what it is, can anyone help? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
737 freak

spoilers

How do u have the spoilers autoactivate upon landing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737 freak on
BigAl1978

Old Version Geforce drivers for better Framerate !!!

I have a Geforce 7900 GTX & have experimented for a few months with using various older version drivers to run FS2004. I have discovered that an older Version 9.1.4.7 is the best for my computer & probably yours too. With all the same settings, I get ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on

ATC

In fs 2004, i schedule waypoints and vors to fly to in the flight planner then i load the flight but when i am in the air atc does not vector it to me they vector me to the airport. What should i do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
7dream8liner7

Kneeboard Kills Game!

I have a problem... After I begin my flight and get the autopilot on, I want to check the kneeboard to make sure I didn't miss any radio instructions. So I go to Aircraft>Kneeboard>Radio. The Kneeboard appears on the screen correctly, but when I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
EGNRflyer

Textures all mixed up fs9

Hello to you all Can anyone help me with a problem my fs9 has developed. After a new processor was installed and the hard drive wiped. I re- installed fs9 and the textures are now all mixed up. blocks of water inland and blocks of land in the middle of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
EGNRflyer on
jpalmer2004

Help!!

Hey New member here......Sorry if this sounds kinda Redundant but i just joined and i am having problems downloading Aircraft...I actually downloaded the Harrier ok and it works....But i am trying to download the F16 and the BAe 146 but it isn't showing u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jpalmer2004 on
CRJCapt

Flight Simulator History

As we eagerly await the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator X, let us not forget the way that Flight Simulator began. One day after the release Flight Simulator X, we will complain that we what more. We want this..., we what that. I'm impressed with ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Pappy55

Flight plan builder?

Is there any freeware programs that can help me make a flight plan so I can do trans Atlantic without FS going tits up trying to create the flight plan? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
MRGUYGIBSON

FSFlyingSchool beta available for download

Hello Forum Members: FSFlyingSchool is ready for public beta-testing! We would like to invite all interested virtual pilots to download a beta-test copy of FSFlyingSchool, the new add-on for FS 2004 and FS 2002. FSFlyingSchool brings you the s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MRGUYGIBSON on

Help Making Flightplans!!

Ok, I'm making some flightplans, and there's one thing I don't get. Here's an example. The three question marks are the place I'm having trouble with. AC#2,N5080L,1%,WEEK,IFR,6/07:00,@6/08:00,???,F,0051,KBJI,6/18:30,@6/19:05,???,F,0051,KAXN,6/19:30,@6/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on

panel too big too high

Help me please.... I have recently downloaded boeing_747-400_panel.zip from avsim.com. After I added the panel to replace my default Boeing 747-400 panels, I hardly can see the airport ground because the panel is appear very big. It covers almost 80% o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
OrlandoGeorge

Flight Simulator 2004 Walk & Follow.

Does anyone have experience with the Flight Simulator 2004 Walk & Follow program? -If so how much does it cost and what MB and do you recommend? OG...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on

FSP report

Flight BA336 End of flight report Date November 21 2006 Flight ID: BA336 Pilot: John Doe Company: British Airways Aircraft: Posky B744 British Airways "Chance for good Flight Date: November 21 2006 Departure: 04h22 (01h2...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Pappy55

Invisible fog

When ever I start in bad low visibility weather its fine till i get to certain altitude and it all becomes clear as though there was no fog. You can see the ground perfectly. When lading this causes more problems being backward everything looks fine ti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pappy55 on
budsie175

Locked in left bank

Suddenly, all the aircraft I put on the runways have the ailerons locked in at a sharp left bank and the AP on. Changing the bug setting does no good, I have to turn off the AP to get control. Any suggestions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
leachus2002

Problems with Flight Director

Hey peeps, quick question, I am trying to activate my flight director switch, but it keeps flicking back off whenever I put it on. Is there normally a reason for this? I am flying the PSS 757 and there are no error messages coming up on the flight d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Page 26 of 111