Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

777 ILS

why do u require a VOR1 for ILS in a 777. Don't they have the PFD or HSI to show that???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
SteveT

PIC 737 Flight Tutorial???

Hi, I'm looking for a flight turotial for this aicraft but having no luck..can anyone help me here? Thanks in advance 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
Lovebug

Cant update to FS9.1

I thought Id install the microsoft update 9.1 but got an error. As I had various add ons installed I thought that these could be causing a problem. (Add on VFR Scenaery, Active Camera 2004 etc). So I uninstalled everything including FS2004 (Even delete...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Joey JoJo

JoyStick Problems

Hey, I have been having some trouble with my J/S, it is type Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I was on a nice relaxing flight from Boeing Field to Vancouver Intl when after climbing and i began to set auto throttle and heading, when all of a sudden my B747 took...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Joey JoJo on
chrissie

I AM FRUSTRADED WITH TRING TO DOWNLOAD VATSIM

PLEASE CAN ANYONE WHO HAS VATISM, HELP ME???? I want to sign up for vatsim, I have a user name and password for vatsim, I maybe stupid or dumb cause I read the instructions in vatsim and still lost. Do you have to pay for vatsim?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
Immanuel

Difference between FSX and FS2004

Heey.. Can someone tell me the dfference between FSX and FS2004? Is FSX an newer version of FS or is an upgrade or somthing...??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
maxboost7

I forget name of program that simuliar to active camera but

What was the name of program that is free and give you various view such as fly by..?? It was like active camera but 100% free one.. any idea.. i forgot.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Mc_GaNgStA

Cruising altitudes!

I've always had this question in my mind that why do aircrafts actually cruise very high when doing short-haul or long-haul destinations (both in real life and in flight simulator). What I mean to say is that from about 4'000 feet, or maybe a bit more or ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Odyssey

Black outs and Red outs

What are these? When do they occur?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
oalvarezjr

Julianna: aircraft initialization error 747 paint-1

i'm receiving this type of "message box" when selecting the 747 option from the "select flight" section of fs9...... there is no 747 at the airport either. any thoughts as to how to remedy this problem? thanks in advance 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oalvarezjr on
SpiderWings

Piper J3 Cub - Anyone else have a hard time taxiing?

I love this airplane once I get it in the air. But boy handling it on the ground is really tough for me. If I taxi at more than 5 or 6 knots its really hard to keep it going straight ahead and its really easy to get it rolling wing over wing if I let ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Excelsis

Vr speed and take off Boeing 737

OK, here's the deal. I am obeying the instructions in the accompanying Flight Notes for the Boeing 737 take-off. They tell me that Vr is at 153 KIAS and that I HAVE TO HOLD 160 KIAS ( V2) until I get a positive rate of climb. When you are hurtling alon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on
Djanvk

Radio Magnetic Indicator?

Help Any tuts on what the Radio Magnetic Indicator does? I have no Idea when this insturment does? Noticed this on most of the planes in the flying lessons....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Djanvk on
zanettelondon

Can't activate scenery or see aircraft in FS9

A few days ago, I was deleting some airplanes I wasn't flying with, accidentally I deleted a cessna(default)and I couldn't fly anymore.I unistalled FS9, ans installed again, but I can't see or activate scenery or fly any airplane apart from the default on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RichT

Pushback tug

I have downloaded a Posky Boeing 737-800 in China Southern livery and found that it comes complete with a pushback tug and person walking beside when asking for push-back. I would love to include this for all aircraft, but cannot identify the coding in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rich23232 on
mps77

Taxiing in Vickers Vimy (FS2004)

I can't seem to work out how to taxi in the Vickers Vimy - the rudder just doesn't seem to do very much. I can see the rudder move on the back of the plane, but the aircraft only turns at the slightest angle. This is not enough to taxi along the taxiways ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Djanvk

How to use HSI?

How do I use a HSI, Heading indicator, with either gps or Nav... What do I look at on the actual HSI indicator to navigate, is it like VOR or IFR Thanks A new sim pilot. Djanvk...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Djanvk on

ACTIVE CAMERA: Getting Back To Default Tower View?

Hello everybody, I wonder if anyone can help me...i have active camera for flight simulator 2004, but i was wondering how i can get back the default tower view of flight simulator, in the past the only way i could get back the default tower view was by...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
brownbox

Walk and Follow

thanks to Liono's screenshots, I have gone out and purchased Walk and Follow It was well worth the money! Its a little bit fiddly to work out at first, but its a hell of a lot better than active camera. I would recommend it to anyone. 10/10!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Karlw

easy question

Whats an icoa code is it the airport id...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
dannyboy2005

FS2004 Clouds.

Hi I was flying form Duxford, In the uk, in my DC-3, with real time and weather on when i looked out my left window and i spotted doggy cloud(s), not the first time i've noticed it ither. They seem to just end. It seems to occur regulary. I have left my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

can i print out the jepp charts off the fs 9 disks??

can i print out the jepp charts off the fs 9 disks?? I dont have a printer and need to get the pates printed.... Can anyone help?? If you can, please email alsd@harderstuff.net Any help much appreciated.. Cheers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
don Wood on
Karlw

Im BEGGING for help with the flight 1 super 80 :(

I do exactly what it says to do when putting the route into the ons but whever I hit enter on the ons it tells me to wait a sec then says transmission failed IT WON'T ACCEPT THE ROUTE I KEEP TYPING EGLL-LIRF AND MY FLIGHT NUMBER NOTHING ALLLLLLLL THE TIME...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Flamin_Squirrel

Runway Lighting

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to mod fs2004 so that runway lighting is on all the time? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
kentheflyer

Interesting Post-Help a flight simmer or buy his machine

Last summer I built a computer just for flight simming to help me get ready for AF pilot training. I loaded nothing but windows and flight simulator with the T-37 microsim, updated terrain mesh and USA roads. Now that I'm finishing with Tweets I've star...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on

problem with autoland

hey when i land i usually use auto land to get lined up with the runway and i do the rest myself.. and everything works great until I reach the outer marker.. then the plane will pitch up for some reason.... i know i set everything up right (radio nav 1 a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
Brook

Instruments Go Black

New problem with FS9's 737... All instruments, avionics, radios suddenly go black and the only way to retrieve them is to save the flight, then re-open it through Select a Flight. This only happens on the 737 so far. I have Failures set to none. Is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainKW

My return...........

Ok people, i would like to start by, once again, thanking everyone that has helped me get this far..... Last night i completed the first part of a European tour that im doing. Its not really planned out to be honest. Just sort of a.."hmm where shud i g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on

Default Cancun scenery issue

Hi all, I just got FS2004 recently and I decided to fly around Cancun. I was very disappointed though, as only one building was rendered for all of the Cancun coastline and Cozumel. Is this normal with the default scenery or do I need to adjust my graphic...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
mikey39

how do I use the easy installer utility

Hi y'all, I have just loaded the supposedly easy installer for fs2004 but the readme dousn't tell me exactly how to use it .Can anyone help please .Also why do some addons work and some don,t ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
UAL8495

ACTIVE SKY 6.0

hi, i was wondering if you could help me out? i have active sky 6 and i start the program up before flight sim and when ever i minamize FS for some other reason AC6 still says FS Disconnected?? any ideas thx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
UAL8495 on
buckman7111

Longest successful flight.

Personally, I don't like to fly long flights on FS2004. I have flown from LAX to Honolulu, which was probably my longest flight. I have also flown from Columbus, Ohio (my hometown) to Las Vegas, Nevada nonstop in a single session, which is still only abou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
Excelsis

Traffic pattern

I have been making flights into Amsterdam ( EHAM), VFR, and, depending on the direction I'm entering from, ATC either gives me "runway 1L left downwind" or "runway 1R right downwind" Does "left" and "right" mean here the direction of the TURN in the tr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
crosscheck9

Approach Gone Bad -- What went wrong

Well, ever since a couple of days ago, I've had quite a bit more time to spend at home, so I decided to go through with purchasing the 0610AIRAC in order to fly my PMDG737NG once again 🙂 This evening, I was on approach to Denver, when I encount...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
Welshflyer

Cloud cover

Sorry to be back , but i need your expertise again i'm afraid. Could anyone please tell me how to get that carpet of cloud that extends as far as the eye can see in FS9 like you could in 2002. I've tried 8/8 clouds and lots of different variations in user...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
mossy

Favorite airports.

I'm planning on doing a really long flight in lots of stages, visiting as many nice airports as i can in my 152. Can anyone reccomend an airport they think is nice or fun to fly to? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
buckman7111 on
brownbox

FS Cargo

tried this today, and its pretty cool. Gives a change from flying with passengers 😕 Just wondering if anyone else has this, and if you couuld tell me how i get it to work with any other aircraft except the default cessnas. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
nottobe

My Citation X falls down like a rock when approaching runway

anybody here flying Eaglesoft Citation X? I have beening practising closed traffic for hours, smooth landing is rare, most of times its rocky, quite a few times the jet floats at the ground effect then when I push down it falls like a rock, noway to rec...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
leachus2002

Using Stars to set up an approach

Hi Peeps I was just wondering if there is an easy way to work out which Star to use when you are planning your route and entering it into the FMC? I have just flown EGBB to EHAM and thought I had my route sorted, until I entered a Star to work out m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mossy

Cargo Pilot Problem AGAIN!!!!!!

Well, seing as everyone here was so kind and helpful with my last two problems, i hoped someone might be able to help me with this one: Having had the demo for two days, i have decided that i like the game and want to get the full version, but i want to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
leachus2002

757 Engine Start Sequence

Hey Peeps, I was just wondering what the correct start sequence is for the B757? Its just that I have just purchased the PSS 757 and having a few probs. I have checked the manuals, but no joy.......I shall explain what I am doing. 1. Set the fuel cu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
ashepherd

Interactive Air Traffic Control

there is an add on for flight simulator 2004 where you speak through the microphone to the air traffic control and they answer back can anybody tell me what its called thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Help FSweb folder

hi, i bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004" about a week ago, because i have been told for my birthday next year i will be getting a set of 24 lessons (real lessons) ive been trying to get information to read up on the lessons in game and help me ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DennisUK01 on
dannyboy2005

Joystick Problem

Hello. I started to playFS04 the other day and then i relised that my joystick was unpluged, i pluged it back in, wated for the ding nioise that m/s makes tosay its installed then carried on flying. It was all ok untill the following day the throttles sae...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
mikebl

elevator trim for P-51D

I recently downloaded a P-51D to FS2004. Everything works great but I'm having trouble flying straight and level. Since there is no trim tab on the panel I have to use my 3 and 4 buttons on my Logitech 3D Pro. I can't seem to find that 'happy meduim' and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
pilotwannabe

Uninstalling

Hey, I'd like to get rid of a couple of payware add-ons that I no longer use and would like to get rid of to free up space. The problem is it wont let me do this from the add/remove list...it gives some lame error message :x What is the best way to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
M15A

Another Cessna question :)

Hello all, I read the basic tut to FS here http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/flight_simulator_tutorial.html#landing. They mention that you have to lift the front wheel of a Cessna at 40 knots when taking off, otherwise it will shimmy. But I took t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
Phoebe

Favorite Airports

Hello folks! Newcomer here, so please forgive me if this is a topic which has already been covered seven ways from Sunday. Anyway, what are some of your favorite airports for scenic or other reasons? Thanks in advance for some suggestions. Reg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
stack

Cessna radio stack

How can I change the red numerals on the Cessna radio stack to a diff color like yellow or aqua...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Djanvk

Is there a way to print out a Keymap?

Hi all, I'm new to FS 2004 and MS FS in general but always wanted to give it a go. I got it from barterbee online and didnt come with directions, so I'm going through the lessons. now what I'm wondering is there a way to print out a keyboard map i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Djanvk on
Page 29 of 111