Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Different setting for different landing weight?

Guys, I have a question. In FS9 do you need different landing setting (speed, flap and pitch) for different landing weight? I have tried to land at kennedy airport with 777-200 with fuel load above 80%. I set my APP on. ATC cleared my to land at 1900 f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
hewqtor

FS 2004 IR checkride problem

Hi, The checkride require us to land on boeing fleid by ILS appoach at the end. After passing the Seattle VOR (116.😎, which frequency should I turn? NOLLA (110.9)? And what about the OBS? I've tried to turn to NOLLA and set the OBS to 326 de...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guess on
SpiderWings

Fun Learning about Basic Navigation

Just wanted to mention a fun learning experience I had in a flight yesterday. In line with the Exciting Flight Simulator Flights Topic by CRJCapt (Kiosk group), I've also decided to do all the historic flights. Each one so far has supplied me with some ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
ThePatriot76

No Aircraft showing FS 2004

❓ I can't figure out why I can only see an aircraft in the "Create flight" window when the display is set to 800X600 32bit? Even at 960X... it goes away? I have a screen shot but don't see how to up load it. I have a P4 2.5 533fsb 1G PC2700 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ThePatriot76 on
omgttfs

replaying flight, how?

I've seen a couple of replays (movies) of flights, I can't find how to do that in FS2004, is it a seperate utility that I need to download?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
omgttfs on
meylan

looking for a tutorial to replace ultimate traffic models

Hi, i'm looking for a tutorial of some kind to help me replace ultimate traffic's PAI models with more frame rate friendly models like AIA and others .If anyone knows of one please let me know . Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
kieranja

avsim

any one having trouble ? i click on downloads but they not coming on pc just the outr file with nothing isside it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Bugsey

Saitek joystick

I have upgraded my computer to a HP Media Center with all the bells and whistles, but had to replace my Microsoft joystick because there was no serial port to plug it into. My problem is that I cannot seem to program the joystick to bring some of the co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bugsey on
edr1073

I have been demoted..???

I was a Captain now I am a First Officer? What is up with that? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
guess

need help on FS 2004

Hi, I need help on FS 2004's IR checkride. After passing the VOR, the instructor ask to execute missed appoach. Then enter holding. I don't know how to enter the holding pattern. anyone can tell me the detail about the holding part?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Madbrit on

FS20004 startup problems

hey, everytime i start up fs2004, the spash screen comes up. it loads like its supposed to, then the splash screen goes away and the menu doesnt pop up. is there anyway I can fix this? thanx in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
tomthetank

Route finder

😀 Hi all I found this little route finder page ➡ http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/?PHPSESSID=4fe3592a4244dced53b19322f05d7cde...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamier on

all slider bars grey help! (screeenshot)

Hi guys i have had this problem for a very long time and it causes my all of my slider bars to be grey and unadjustable making all of the display options to the very lowest. has anyone had this problem before and how did you fix it? i have updated to v9.1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RadarMan

Signature Size

A Maximum of 450px Wide and 240px High Under 500k. This will help DUN users and keep the posts from being to long thereby eliminating scrolling. Thank you for complying :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
dannyboy2005

ACTIVE CAM, WING VIEW

I have purchased Active Camera after reading some reviews and i have almsot mastered it in 10 minutes. The peoblem is i want wing view. I do external view, then walk up to the wing, adjust my height and look out the wind but when i pull away the cam stays...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
dannyboy2005

Where is my plane?

hello, I was landing at St. Maartin Airport and i thouht i'd replay my landing but with the cam mounted on the wing, I did it but looking at plane it isn't showing? why? Using Active Cam btw thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Wlshflyer

FS9 Scenery environment pro

Hello again gents just saw a post where a few of you recommended environment pro as a good upgrade for fs9.Just wondered if it would be worth me downloading this as i already have reality pack 1+2,various terrain mesh such as greece strm, germany, spain a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on

How to climb above 35000 feet

Hi, I have a problem when I try to bring my plane above 35000 feet. I flew default B777-300 from Zurich to Singapore. I set my flight plan to 42000 feet. Above 20000 ft I set my flight to auto pilot with .65 march and pitch at VS 1800 to reach 42000. A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
hinch

corrupt save file

hi guys, the last few days i've been having a problem loading up flight sim, getting the rror message: 'the requested flight file is corrupt or can't be found'. i can load up the sim from the save file, but not 'the normal way'. i've created new defaul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

request for anyone with 777 professional

I don't know if this is relevant but do you have the Updates and have you read the Support Page and the FAQs? ➡ http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=44&supportProductName=777%20Professional...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
SeanGa

aviation question related to vatsim/real world ATC

When the ATC gives you a pressure setting for the altimeter (e.g QNH1022) do you keep this setting all the time, or only until you pass 18000 ft and then put it back on when you descend past 18000ft? thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
hcomspam12

audio problem

please help. Just installed fs2004 but on the training missions i cant hear the instructor or air traffic control. Anything you can think im doing wrong??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
cobra707

Help uninstalling and reinstalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok this is what happened I was noticing that FS 2004 was going slow so I Uninstalled it and then installed it again and when I try to open it :hack: it would say please insert FS2004 Disc 4, select OK and restart application and Disc 4 is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
to_coolguys

radar contact???

hi guys, I have seen the mention of radar contact addon.Reading the reviews on the website makes it seem impressive.but I would like to get a first hand or let's say opinion of good and knowledgeable people on this forum about it.. Could anyone of you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GraemeNCL on
hinch

pedals..could this work?

i was in pc world today and was taking a good look at a new joystick. i got distracted however by the wheels and pedals - a seperate set being as little as £15. it crossed my mind that a pedals input is generic and actions defined by the software. so my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Murfi

Disc Error

Hey people! Seeing as FSX has issues I thought I'd install FS9, so I got to the second disc and realised it had broke! 😞 I think it broke in the case because there isn't much room in the case for 4 discs! Does anyone know if I could download th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dannyboy2005

Define: Pilot Heat

Hello. i was wondering, what does Pilot heat do? i can't seem to find it on wikipedia or google? ta!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
dannyboy2005

Linksys WRT45GS v5.1 Router

Hello 😕 i have a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband WRT45GS v5.1 Router. I formatted my pc today and went to install the router, i couldnt find the install disc 😳. I looked on linksys website for a driver and no luck. Has anybody got this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
meylan

pilot voice

Hi, is it possible to get different pilot voices other than the default ones . Iv'e been looking around but can only find ATC replacements . Is it a case of too much work for what it is ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Welshflyer

Nav 1 not working

I have downloaded a 737-200 panel and the radio stack is a part of the main panel. When i try to dial in a frequency on the nav 1 the digits don't move even though the cursor changes from arrow to hand when placed on it, so i think it's supposed to work. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
pilotpat

FS2004 Sound problem.

Since FSX is down due to same problems everyone is having. I cranked up my settings in 2004 and holy crap it's a different simulator with max graphics. I have developed a stutter in my atc transmissions. Everything else is going great. Could someone point...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotpat on
zero29

New User Problem

Where (which 2004 folder in the program files) would I save the NASA Spaceshuttle and Aircraft Carier downloads so they appear in the 2004 menu? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

How To Look Around Virtual Cockpit with Active Camera?

helo i am a user of ac 1.1 and yesterday i noticed that i can look around in the virtuelle cockpit with my mouse, but i don't know how i did that again to look around. Do you know how to do that ? How to look around with the mouse? thanks Chris...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SteveT

Approach Problem

Hi, I was on a flight from LKVG to EIDW and all was going well until the ILS approach came with the GS etc..Now first of all I am not an expert at this ILS stuff..and i have only just learnt how to do it. My autopilot set me up heading - RWY 28 of Du...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Tartanaviation

Related to FSX for increase FPS?

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I saw this in another forum elsewhere and was wondering if it would be viable in FS2004. The code edit can be seen below. I was wondering if doing the same to FS2004 code would have the same effect in impr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on

auto-install

yeh, mike stones hangar does (find the site name in the sticky in aircraft forum.) The planes are all self install and very nice to fly, well made, some of my fav. add on planes from this site. there are more but this the only one I know.🙂....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
crosscheck9

PMDG Tech Issue

If somebody would please be so kind as to help me with the following problem, I would be most appreciative. I have the PMDG 737-700 installed, along with FsPax and the Fuel Planner advertised on PMDG's website. The problem is, everytime I come to depar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
omgttfs

scenery resolution in tiles?

Is it normal to have the scenery increase resolution in blocks (or tiles) as you fly over it. I have every slider to the highest setting and all boxes ticked, yet only approx. 5km of scenery is rendering in hi res. As I approach the next "tile" of blurr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Immanuel

Airbrake/Spoilers

Heye.. When I push a certain button, the spoilers extract. In reality a BAe 146 has an airbrake open on final, and just before touchdown. Can I create any assignment that makes the spoilers and the airbrakes extract seperately, and together when necess...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
MEYLAN

fuel

hi, flight simulator always fills the plane full with fuel no matter where your flying to .Is there somthing i can do which automatically put the correct amount of fuel for acertain flight . Or i'm i going to have to work it out for my self . Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on

Choosing other runway for landing

Guys, Everytime I fly to Honolulu, I always assign by controller to land at runway 22L or 22R where at those 2 runways have no ILS approach. How to change to other runways where there is ILS approach? such as runway 4R or 8L Thanks.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
pauls_flyaway

Missing Guages

I have downloaded several version of the lancair legacy 2000 but none will properly display the gages correctly. Usually, it's missing the heading indicator and the speed indicator. I don't have any problems with other aircraft I have downloaded. Pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
makonnenl on
gothgod

About avatars/personal profile pictures

How can I change it to anything but the ones appearing on the default list? I see some of you've got Snoopy and Dark Side of The Moon cover, e.g. How can I use my own personal picture of choice? Thanks for any help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
makonnenl

what am I doing wrong?

I set up my departure and destination, set up the altitued and all necessary things before take off. Problem I enabled autopilot "z" and clicked on GPS and I observed that the plane is stable but drifted or went way far from the path I set up to get to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
makonnenl on
Stuck

Vor Advice

I did try the search, but I could'nt find a solution to my problem. Although I'm no expert at Vor I thought I was making progress of understanding it. First off I will state how I use the Vor normally and it does usually work. I take off and fly Vor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
PanAmerican

Retro AI

I've noticed that the Retro AI's site domain has expired. Does anyone know if they've moved to a new website? Their previous site was: www.retroai.net...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
SteveT

CH Throttle Quadrant help

Hi, How do i set up my Throttle quadrant for fs? Im having a really hard time trying to set it up 😞 I dont have a clue..if anyone could help..thatd be awesome thanks 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on

A Few Question From A New FS9 Player

Hello everybody. I'm new to the flight simulator stuff, but I have caught on quickly. I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer. When I download repaints, I don't understand how I copy the text in the "read me" into the aircraft.cfg fi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on

Given up with FS9

I have finally, given FS9 the boot. After weeks of problems and re installs, i have had it up to the sky with it. I flew for BA virtual and was with the assigned flight section. I am so far behind all my schedules because of my problems i have given up. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
meylan

Yellow DH Warning light in B2 Bomber

hi, could someone please tell tell me what the YELLOW DH warning light is in the screenshot below . It's the B2 bomber . https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/22085/yellow-dh-warning-light-in-b2-bomber_9253d1ed7c9178f9803f4f06abb8cd4a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on
Page 28 of 111