Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Goose5453

Next Step

Okay so I've done all of the available lessons on the Cessna on FS98. I'm now comfortable with the Cessna. What is the next step? One thing the lessons don't do for you is give you any help setting a course. How could I in the flight sim do a very s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Immanuel

Wing smoke beam

Can anyone tell what the wing smoke beam is called, the one that comes out at the edge of the when flaps are down, and where can I download it?? Thanks in Advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Matty1990.

fs2004 wingview

Hey all Anyone kno a good aircraft to download what has good wingview on it Thx 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Matt1990.

Air Canada

After a few good results with my last video i desided to make another 2 min video link = http://www.badongo.com/vid/194532 tell me wat u think 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Matty1990. on

fspassengers voices

How do you add extrta voices and get them to work? for instance i have added a voice when i land for the passengers to clap but it doesnt work when i land on fs9....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
starman316

FS2004 Crashing mid game

Hi Guys, Really would appreciate your help on this one everytime I play flight sim 2004 the frame rate slows down midflight and generally playing up and have experienced where the game just locks the pc and sound looping making me restart pc. its been dr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
naailyo on
Matt1990.

FS2oo4 Video....

hey all Im 15 years old and over the last week i have been putting togever my flight sim video. Mainly it has landings ..... buts worth the download. the download link = http://www.badongo.com/vid/194181 Please comment , i would love to kno if...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Matty1990. on
tiger7881

Tiger's 12 pics from the trip.

Hey guys, as i promised i will show u the pics from my trip to Israel, i got 12, i had a good time flying and having a vacation with my family there. I prepared those pics for u guys, but i just wanna say something.... My digital camera is prettey old sin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
matty1990 on

Help!-error message upon loading FS9

I stopped playing FS for about 2 months, then when I tried loading it up again, I got this message: As I felt helpless, I decided to re-install FS9...and what do I get when I load the game? The same error... 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Falconer

Flight planner problems

Hello, when I plan a flight, from lets say Heathrow to Kennedy Intl, the route goes all the way to alaska and then it turns towards New York. Whats wrong? I can´t fly all the way to alaska from london and then turn back towards new york? Thats ridiculous...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
Karlw

The super 80 from flight 1 or cool sky

What is an ONS on the super 80 from flight one please explain Thanks you very much 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Mc_GaNgStA

FMC!

I have read a few manuals from PMDG and online manuals and I still don't understand totally how to actually operate the FMC. One online manual showed the FMC operation for a Danish Airport, but now I usually would like to fly using a Spanish Airport to se...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
Jared

Flight 1 Wrapper Question?

This is regarding the Flight ! Wrapper system to install and purchase the airplane with. My FS computer doesn't have an active internet connection on it so doesn't F1 have the license transfer system allowing you to transfer the license file to the FS9 co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
leachus2002

Landing in a A319

Hey Peeps, I have just made this video of what I think is one of my best landings - just wondered what everyone thinks: I am in an Easyjet A319 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bsjP5K62lA - interior view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA7eadlPC...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MrSam on
Alan778

Glideslope

How do i prevent the plane rising and falling above or below the glideslope rapidly? I adjust sped accordingly but find my self chasing the pink indicator to get it to centre all the time until eventually the plane hits the ground before the rwy? i'm flyi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Thunderbirdman2

ADF AND VOR

OK i dont know how to use bolth of them i cant find any ofthe frequinceys for any airports on my chart well i can but like three is there anyway you could help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
mypilot

ILS approach at Portland (KPDX) on runway 28L

Try the ILS approach at Portland (KPDX) on runway 28L. It is slightly off. The visibility there is 1/2 mile today (I always fly with realworld weather) so I had to use the ILS approach. I was right on. No doubt about it. Still I landed on the taxiway and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
cheechm

Best

What is the best aircraft yo have ever downloaded or bought? Also what is the best panel you downloaded or bought? Last one - best scenery you downloaded or bought? Aircraft for me is probably the POSKY 737-700 in Continental textures. POSKY Scenery i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Flightcheck

Avsim links? How do I get them

Hey guys, Like the amount of spam you have been getting (that being zero) makes the forums a better place to be. Anyway onto my question. How do I get the links to an avsim page? I see in the forums people post links to go to a direct page, but whe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

FS2004 won't load

It's not loading... it crashes out and says it's a "g3d.dll" error. ??? Can someone help? The only things I installed just today before I booted up FlightSim were some new planes (United A320 and Frontier A31😎. Please help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Y7777

Flare

Ok, When I am approaching rwy and about 800AGL - 400AGL I usually shut off AP and bring engines to idle, i then flare 5 degrees and try to land, however quite often i seem to glide and start to slightly climb taking me way above the runway thresholdand us...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
F-5E Tiger II on
G2

Money and Ranking Stored in FSpax?

Anyone know where the money and ranking is stored in fspax??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
G2 on
TimH

Most realistic flight planner (freeware if possible)

Hi everyone Now that I have the pmdg 737 and have learned the FMC I would like to get some reaistic flight plans for chosen routes of mine I have FSBuild, but some routes it generates can be a bit odd at times (usually its quite accurate, but on the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
cumpaniciu_one

Landing a 737 manually

I'm trying to learn things the hard way, so I'm using the autopilot as little as possible. When landing I'm able to keep the correct speed and on the glidepath, but the heading is the big problem. I'm flying the 737 and I'm only doing 1-2 degrees corr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
Yarcanox

Installation fails: Write Error - how to ignore?

My CD-Rom of the fs 2004 is a bit damaged, I fear. So the problem is, xwright_rpm.wav cannot be installed on the hard disk because the file on the disk is damaged. If this happens, I see an error message and I'm just able to chose between "retry" and "ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
jcmarathon

TCAS 291

I loaded the TCAS gauge into the King Air. Flight Sim Crashes as soon as I select the airplane. I even used a guage editor. Same result. Any help is much appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on

Tail hook?

how do i make it go down? does it work on all airplanes? im tying to make it go down on an F-14...i can see it(its white and black) but i dont know how to make it go down...help is appriciated, thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on

flight analysis

Anyone have the flight analysis of Instrument pilot checkride? =] thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cumpaniciu_one on
swanno30

Nice Clean FS2004 Install

Hi, Had a major problem with the old PC last week and am now backup and running with a clean install of FS. I had several add-ons installed on my previous version before my little incident and was just wondering what other people would recommend ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flight man on
valcan222

just a few questions about traffic

Ok I have ultimate traffic and I am haveing some trubble with it. Ok first off most of the time I am on approach and a plane will taxi onto the runway as a result I will have to go around. Another problem is that I will be on the runway ready for takeoff ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
TimH

(Video) 737-700 Takeoff from Seattle

Hi everyone Another video I made of a 737-700 taking off from Seattle Tacoma (KSEA) on runway 34L You can view it here http://www.freewebs.com/tim_hyland/seattledeparture.html Sorry for the sound, I was trying to give the impression of loudness ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
Odyssey

FSPax

I've completed a couple of flights using fspax. On occasion, in the flight report, I've had the comment 'Passangers were scared by the excess G-Force'. I don't fly at any particularly fast pace only going up to around 300KIAS after ten thousand feet. What...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on

Log-in-problem

I am logged into administrator but I still get the error, "Not logged into administrator". New guest -Nick- I even logged into the main administrator account....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
crosscheck9

Wires on aircraft exterior

Often, I see aircraft in the sim with wires on their exterior. Are these evident in real life aswell, and what is their purpose? Thanks! https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
Karlw

Has anyone with the pmdg 747 ever had this problem

It involves the fuel quantity https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/20146/problem-problem-problem-impossible-to-do-flight-help-pleas/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Karlw

help me I really need it

How do I get my plane to line up on the purple line on the gps automaticly I am flying the meljet 777 I have my altimiter set my speedometer then I click nav and nothing happens thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Jamie4590

Flying with ATC

I never use ATC when I'm flying but I now want to incorporate it for the obvious reasons. The trouble is I fly with the INS engaged and always make the last waypoint the outer marker. This means I can leave the INS autopilot switch engaged and the aircraf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Goose77817

Using the localizer

I am a complete newbie really and just got back into flight sims although I was naff before. Anyway I'm using MS FS 98, yep 98 🙂 I'm on one of the lessons: Introductory Flight: Cessna Skylane RG at Meigs field. It's a short flight and I'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
azabro

Using the Visual Flight Path

Are you one of those people that just can’t quite master the technique of landing? Well you may want to try out the visual flight path. If you have taken the Flying Lessons on Flight Simulator 2004, then you’ll know what I’m talking about. Try this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
TimH

(Video) 737-800 Landing at Rome

Hi everyone I made a video of me landing an Alpha Blue VA 737-800W at Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport (LIRF). And this time its not a wingview landing You can view it here http://www.freewebs.com/tim_hyland/romelanding.html Now I do rea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bbonsignor on
Thunderbirdman2

Navagating

Ok i want to now how navagate somwhere with the piper cub panel i will be doing this route in a super cub wich has a heading indacator airsped altitude just like thats stuff no auto pilot how would i navagate with that i have all the maps and charts if ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on

ILS/Autoland

i have noticed that a lot of aircraft especially the Phoenix Sim A320 i bought have the Autoland or ILS landing feature where the plane basically lands itself perfecly. i was just wondering if real pilots have this and use it. if so how often is it used?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mcmxl on
cumpaniciu_one

Where's the course reversal?

The direction from my last waypoint (Battleground) to the IAF for Portland RWY 10R is almost 180 degrees opposed to the landing direction. Is a course reversal on the IAF the right procedure? See link for ILS chart at Thank you!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
Qantas_here_I_come

737 PILOT IN COMMAND

737 pilot is command is a brilliant add-on and is defiently worth buying. But the one thing I need help with is how to use the autopilot. I dont know how to use the new panels and the manual does nothing for me. the main things are I dont know h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
brownbox

gps??

well, I always see people posting something about how they left their autopilot to follow the gps while they went away. Someone tell me what it is and how to use it please 😎 (sorry if its a plain stupid question :oops: )...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
nottobe

anyone know a good Eclipse 500 payware?

i want good quality, no flimsy model and panel.... any help??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
beerbadger

FAST REPLY PLEASE: Load a FS plan onto FMC.

Hey, I am fed up with some thing or another going wrong while I programme the FMC of my PMDG 737 or PSS a320. I was wondering if there was a program that will allow me to load a FS flight plan onto the FMC. Its more of a time saver than a cheat. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
Deja blue

Fly tampa

I was wondering if anyone here has a Flytampa? my frien has a midway fly tampa + a 737 PMDG. great combo 😀 http://www.flytampa.com/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Rick108

Stuck Brakes

I am a student pilot, just bought FS2004 to use for practice. I'm flying the C172, but the red word "BRAKES" is constantly in the lower left corner (other planes, too, by the way). Settings says the period key should release them, but it does nothing. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
nottobe

Is there any Holding Pattern addon?

I want to be put into holding pattern when the airport is busy, like the real world. Anyone know of this kind of addon? Thx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Page 33 of 111