Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

SeanGa

aviation question related to vatsim/real world ATC

When the ATC gives you a pressure setting for the altimeter (e.g QNH1022) do you keep this setting all the time, or only until you pass 18000 ft and then put it back on when you descend past 18000ft? thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
hcomspam12

audio problem

please help. Just installed fs2004 but on the training missions i cant hear the instructor or air traffic control. Anything you can think im doing wrong??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
cobra707

Help uninstalling and reinstalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok this is what happened I was noticing that FS 2004 was going slow so I Uninstalled it and then installed it again and when I try to open it :hack: it would say please insert FS2004 Disc 4, select OK and restart application and Disc 4 is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
to_coolguys

radar contact???

hi guys, I have seen the mention of radar contact addon.Reading the reviews on the website makes it seem impressive.but I would like to get a first hand or let's say opinion of good and knowledgeable people on this forum about it.. Could anyone of you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GraemeNCL on
hinch

pedals..could this work?

i was in pc world today and was taking a good look at a new joystick. i got distracted however by the wheels and pedals - a seperate set being as little as £15. it crossed my mind that a pedals input is generic and actions defined by the software. so my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Murfi

Disc Error

Hey people! Seeing as FSX has issues I thought I'd install FS9, so I got to the second disc and realised it had broke! 😞 I think it broke in the case because there isn't much room in the case for 4 discs! Does anyone know if I could download th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dannyboy2005

Define: Pilot Heat

Hello. i was wondering, what does Pilot heat do? i can't seem to find it on wikipedia or google? ta!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
dannyboy2005

Linksys WRT45GS v5.1 Router

Hello 😕 i have a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband WRT45GS v5.1 Router. I formatted my pc today and went to install the router, i couldnt find the install disc 😳. I looked on linksys website for a driver and no luck. Has anybody got this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
meylan

pilot voice

Hi, is it possible to get different pilot voices other than the default ones . Iv'e been looking around but can only find ATC replacements . Is it a case of too much work for what it is ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Welshflyer

Nav 1 not working

I have downloaded a 737-200 panel and the radio stack is a part of the main panel. When i try to dial in a frequency on the nav 1 the digits don't move even though the cursor changes from arrow to hand when placed on it, so i think it's supposed to work. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
pilotpat

FS2004 Sound problem.

Since FSX is down due to same problems everyone is having. I cranked up my settings in 2004 and holy crap it's a different simulator with max graphics. I have developed a stutter in my atc transmissions. Everything else is going great. Could someone point...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotpat on
zero29

New User Problem

Where (which 2004 folder in the program files) would I save the NASA Spaceshuttle and Aircraft Carier downloads so they appear in the 2004 menu? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

How To Look Around Virtual Cockpit with Active Camera?

helo i am a user of ac 1.1 and yesterday i noticed that i can look around in the virtuelle cockpit with my mouse, but i don't know how i did that again to look around. Do you know how to do that ? How to look around with the mouse? thanks Chris...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SteveT

Approach Problem

Hi, I was on a flight from LKVG to EIDW and all was going well until the ILS approach came with the GS etc..Now first of all I am not an expert at this ILS stuff..and i have only just learnt how to do it. My autopilot set me up heading - RWY 28 of Du...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Tartanaviation

Related to FSX for increase FPS?

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I saw this in another forum elsewhere and was wondering if it would be viable in FS2004. The code edit can be seen below. I was wondering if doing the same to FS2004 code would have the same effect in impr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on

auto-install

yeh, mike stones hangar does (find the site name in the sticky in aircraft forum.) The planes are all self install and very nice to fly, well made, some of my fav. add on planes from this site. there are more but this the only one I know.🙂....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
crosscheck9

PMDG Tech Issue

If somebody would please be so kind as to help me with the following problem, I would be most appreciative. I have the PMDG 737-700 installed, along with FsPax and the Fuel Planner advertised on PMDG's website. The problem is, everytime I come to depar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
omgttfs

scenery resolution in tiles?

Is it normal to have the scenery increase resolution in blocks (or tiles) as you fly over it. I have every slider to the highest setting and all boxes ticked, yet only approx. 5km of scenery is rendering in hi res. As I approach the next "tile" of blurr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Immanuel

Airbrake/Spoilers

Heye.. When I push a certain button, the spoilers extract. In reality a BAe 146 has an airbrake open on final, and just before touchdown. Can I create any assignment that makes the spoilers and the airbrakes extract seperately, and together when necess...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
MEYLAN

fuel

hi, flight simulator always fills the plane full with fuel no matter where your flying to .Is there somthing i can do which automatically put the correct amount of fuel for acertain flight . Or i'm i going to have to work it out for my self . Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on

Choosing other runway for landing

Guys, Everytime I fly to Honolulu, I always assign by controller to land at runway 22L or 22R where at those 2 runways have no ILS approach. How to change to other runways where there is ILS approach? such as runway 4R or 8L Thanks.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
pauls_flyaway

Missing Guages

I have downloaded several version of the lancair legacy 2000 but none will properly display the gages correctly. Usually, it's missing the heading indicator and the speed indicator. I don't have any problems with other aircraft I have downloaded. Pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
makonnenl on
gothgod

About avatars/personal profile pictures

How can I change it to anything but the ones appearing on the default list? I see some of you've got Snoopy and Dark Side of The Moon cover, e.g. How can I use my own personal picture of choice? Thanks for any help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
PanAmerican

Retro AI

I've noticed that the Retro AI's site domain has expired. Does anyone know if they've moved to a new website? Their previous site was: www.retroai.net...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
SteveT

CH Throttle Quadrant help

Hi, How do i set up my Throttle quadrant for fs? Im having a really hard time trying to set it up 😞 I dont have a clue..if anyone could help..thatd be awesome thanks 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on

A Few Question From A New FS9 Player

Hello everybody. I'm new to the flight simulator stuff, but I have caught on quickly. I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer. When I download repaints, I don't understand how I copy the text in the "read me" into the aircraft.cfg fi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on

Given up with FS9

I have finally, given FS9 the boot. After weeks of problems and re installs, i have had it up to the sky with it. I flew for BA virtual and was with the assigned flight section. I am so far behind all my schedules because of my problems i have given up. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on

777 ILS

why do u require a VOR1 for ILS in a 777. Don't they have the PFD or HSI to show that???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
SteveT

PIC 737 Flight Tutorial???

Hi, I'm looking for a flight turotial for this aicraft but having no luck..can anyone help me here? Thanks in advance 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
Lovebug

Cant update to FS9.1

I thought Id install the microsoft update 9.1 but got an error. As I had various add ons installed I thought that these could be causing a problem. (Add on VFR Scenaery, Active Camera 2004 etc). So I uninstalled everything including FS2004 (Even delete...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Joey JoJo

JoyStick Problems

Hey, I have been having some trouble with my J/S, it is type Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I was on a nice relaxing flight from Boeing Field to Vancouver Intl when after climbing and i began to set auto throttle and heading, when all of a sudden my B747 took...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Joey JoJo on
chrissie

I AM FRUSTRADED WITH TRING TO DOWNLOAD VATSIM

PLEASE CAN ANYONE WHO HAS VATISM, HELP ME???? I want to sign up for vatsim, I have a user name and password for vatsim, I maybe stupid or dumb cause I read the instructions in vatsim and still lost. Do you have to pay for vatsim?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
Immanuel

Difference between FSX and FS2004

Heey.. Can someone tell me the dfference between FSX and FS2004? Is FSX an newer version of FS or is an upgrade or somthing...??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
maxboost7

I forget name of program that simuliar to active camera but

What was the name of program that is free and give you various view such as fly by..?? It was like active camera but 100% free one.. any idea.. i forgot.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Mc_GaNgStA

Cruising altitudes!

I've always had this question in my mind that why do aircrafts actually cruise very high when doing short-haul or long-haul destinations (both in real life and in flight simulator). What I mean to say is that from about 4'000 feet, or maybe a bit more or ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Odyssey

Black outs and Red outs

What are these? When do they occur?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
SpiderWings

Piper J3 Cub - Anyone else have a hard time taxiing?

I love this airplane once I get it in the air. But boy handling it on the ground is really tough for me. If I taxi at more than 5 or 6 knots its really hard to keep it going straight ahead and its really easy to get it rolling wing over wing if I let ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Excelsis

Vr speed and take off Boeing 737

OK, here's the deal. I am obeying the instructions in the accompanying Flight Notes for the Boeing 737 take-off. They tell me that Vr is at 153 KIAS and that I HAVE TO HOLD 160 KIAS ( V2) until I get a positive rate of climb. When you are hurtling alon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on
Djanvk

Radio Magnetic Indicator?

Help Any tuts on what the Radio Magnetic Indicator does? I have no Idea when this insturment does? Noticed this on most of the planes in the flying lessons....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Djanvk on
zanettelondon

Can't activate scenery or see aircraft in FS9

A few days ago, I was deleting some airplanes I wasn't flying with, accidentally I deleted a cessna(default)and I couldn't fly anymore.I unistalled FS9, ans installed again, but I can't see or activate scenery or fly any airplane apart from the default on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RichT

Pushback tug

I have downloaded a Posky Boeing 737-800 in China Southern livery and found that it comes complete with a pushback tug and person walking beside when asking for push-back. I would love to include this for all aircraft, but cannot identify the coding in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rich23232 on
mps77

Taxiing in Vickers Vimy (FS2004)

I can't seem to work out how to taxi in the Vickers Vimy - the rudder just doesn't seem to do very much. I can see the rudder move on the back of the plane, but the aircraft only turns at the slightest angle. This is not enough to taxi along the taxiways ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Djanvk

How to use HSI?

How do I use a HSI, Heading indicator, with either gps or Nav... What do I look at on the actual HSI indicator to navigate, is it like VOR or IFR Thanks A new sim pilot. Djanvk...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Djanvk on

ACTIVE CAMERA: Getting Back To Default Tower View?

Hello everybody, I wonder if anyone can help me...i have active camera for flight simulator 2004, but i was wondering how i can get back the default tower view of flight simulator, in the past the only way i could get back the default tower view was by...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
brownbox

Walk and Follow

thanks to Liono's screenshots, I have gone out and purchased Walk and Follow It was well worth the money! Its a little bit fiddly to work out at first, but its a hell of a lot better than active camera. I would recommend it to anyone. 10/10!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Karlw

easy question

Whats an icoa code is it the airport id...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
dannyboy2005

FS2004 Clouds.

Hi I was flying form Duxford, In the uk, in my DC-3, with real time and weather on when i looked out my left window and i spotted doggy cloud(s), not the first time i've noticed it ither. They seem to just end. It seems to occur regulary. I have left my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

can i print out the jepp charts off the fs 9 disks??

can i print out the jepp charts off the fs 9 disks?? I dont have a printer and need to get the pates printed.... Can anyone help?? If you can, please email alsd@harderstuff.net Any help much appreciated.. Cheers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
don Wood on
Karlw

Im BEGGING for help with the flight 1 super 80 :(

I do exactly what it says to do when putting the route into the ons but whever I hit enter on the ons it tells me to wait a sec then says transmission failed IT WON'T ACCEPT THE ROUTE I KEEP TYPING EGLL-LIRF AND MY FLIGHT NUMBER NOTHING ALLLLLLLL THE TIME...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Flamin_Squirrel

Runway Lighting

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to mod fs2004 so that runway lighting is on all the time? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Page 27 of 111