Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

hammerdag

ILS Newbie

Ok, learning ILS approaches. Now you look up the runway frequency that your cleared for ILS. Now you put that frequency into your nav 1 radio, but do you turn on the nav 1 button too? If so is it normal for it to beep the whole time? Also, what positon do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dannyboy2005

Where is this Airport in France? (TailHook)

I was looking at "youtube" videos and came across this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drmbu6XgzsM It looked intresting so i played it. It says "A 747 jet Airliner taking off the shortest runway you've ever seen at Courchevel airport in France." So i ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
thelasttrumpet

fs live traffic

I down loaded the trail version of fs live traffic fo fs2004, the planes have no visual flaps and the atc does not work the planes are low res looking. is this becuase it is the trail version. or is fs live traffic made for the recycle bin?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Question about autopilot heading

Ok I usually use autopilot during flight and follow ATC headings. When I put my heading into the Autopilot the plane turns to that direction (Stating the obvious I know). The plane always seems to turn steeply and just wondering if this is normal? or is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Sylpher

no CD Crack crash fs 2004

:twisted: Hi everybody ... i m a noob on FS2004 ... I install a back up with the NOCD crack and it's impossible to launch the game... i have the splashscreen and after ERROR on FS9.exe i have the last DIRECTX 9.0 driver ... please help me I have a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BuddyBill on
dannyboy2005

Norton System Works 2006

Hello, I have downloaded Norton System Works 2006, i followed the instructions to install and it installed. I followed the instructions on how to do the serial, i typed in serial code and it said product was activated. I restarted my pc and a message c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
to_coolguys

Video- PMDG Boeing 747-400 landing at KMWH

Hi, I am quite enthusiastic to share this video with you all...To be frank I haven't put any background music as such.. But i would still like your comments on it..After long hours of practise with the PMDG Type Rating Course 3 I was finally able to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Flyaway

[ Poll ] FS2004 Opinions

Are we all looking forward to what FS2004 is going to bring? Are we all setting aside the money to purchase the much talked about package? What are your views on it, is it all it is talked about to be? Lets see what you guys think... ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
RichT

Taxi to gates.............

A lot of airports I seem to have landed at recently, once passing me over to ground, do not give me any directions to park at either gates or GA area's. The only option I get when transferring to ground is Taxi to Take Off options. It's not as if there...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
pilgarlick

Carrier Ops 2004 download

I have tried and tried to install the carrier ops download without success. I can download it without trouble, but simply can't get it to work. I've tried all the usual methods and can see most of the files in the right place, but I can't see the carrier ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Guest1234567890p

Nuke/Rocket Mods

Anyone know where I can find nuke and/or rocket mods for Fs2004? Links would be appreciated. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
omgttfs on
budsie175

GPS

The bottom box on the GPS is marked XTK. What does this represent?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Mc_GaNgStA

Autothrottle Issue!

I usually fly in the Boeing 737-700 from PMDG and whenever I start to taxi to the runway, the throttle works perfectly fine. After take-off the throttle still works fine and I usually then switch to autothrottle to control the speed for the rest of the fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
SteveT

Approaches and STARS

Hi there everyone, Is there any way in how you can decide what STAR to use on arrival to a particular airport? Do I need an approach chart for my arrival airport, and if so how do I determine which STAR I use from that, as my approaches seem to be g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
to_coolguys

PMDG Nav Radio

All those PMDG 747-400 owners, I am trying to set the ILS frequency in the comm nav1 radio.But i am not able to set it.I wanted to set the frequency to value lower than 110.10.But when i try to reduce the frequency after coming down to 118 it jumps bac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Zanettelondon

Road traffic

Is there any program with moving road traffic(such as the one on FSX) available for FS9??????? Regards, A Zanette London - UK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
omgttfs on
HowardsRock

Washington ARTCC (the real one)

Anyone know of a live audio feed of Washington Center?? If so, can you post a link please? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
zanettelondon

Help with CSL A340 500/600

Hi Folks, It might sound a bit funny but I can't install the liveries for the Airbuses.I install the aircraft normally, but not the liveries. Anyone can help. Thanks, A Zanette London - UK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

is there anyway to install aircraft w/o winzip,winrar,etc.

WinZip demo is a free download. Windows XP has a built in unzip utility, just right click and choose to open it. :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on

17 inch wide screen

Hi, Do Fs9 panels look good on a 17 inch W/S laptop monitor does it have those black spaces on the sides Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
CodyH

Captin Sim 757-200

Hey guys i was interested in purchasing the 752 (for FS2004) from CS with all the VC and pssenger cabin views (including galley, bathrooms etc.) anyway in their preview they walk around the cabin and the cockpit. Do I need some sort of program to walkarou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Flyer4000

area 51

is area 51 in the game? In the FSX version there is a mission to fly a top secret flight to area 51. I really like these Missions and keep me hooked....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
Jamie4590

Pros & Cons Of A Backbeam Approach

I've never attempted this kind of approach. Can anyone describe why a pilot would perform a backbeam approach and is it something that pilots would rather not do or plan for but in some circumstances thay have to? In simple terms its basically flying t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on

is the old CH joke compatible with the new USB one?

HI and thank sin advance for the feedback. I have the old CH joke but the problem is that I bought a laptop and I want to sim in this pc since my older one doesnt support the new flight sim X, but m old CH joke doesnt have the USB, it has the old connecti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
hewqtor

air speed vs march

Hi, I have a few questions about speed hold on heavy jet. I found that there are two ways to hold the speed - airspeed hold and march hold. What are the differences between them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
nottobe

Freeware flight planner?

Can someone recommend a "good" freeware flight planner?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Taxing a Jet from parking

Ok I'm parked up when I start the sim, but how do I move backwards out of the parking gate to start a taxing? Thanks for any help 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
nottobe

Find my way around airport?

I am flying Radar Contact now, but RC does not support progressive taxi, how can I find my taxiways to go to the runway? I tried to use top view of the airport Ctrl+S, but this vew usually doesnt cover the end of runways, so still dont know where the assi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on

gauge for 777

i'm looking for a gauge for the default 777. i'm looking for one that will work in the VC for the middle 2 screens that appear black. i was hoping for one that shows engine power and maybe gear and flaps. i.e something like the one in the 747....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on

hwo come?

I have 2 512mb RAM in my computer but when i right click on 'my computer' it only shows there being 768mb ram on the computer, where has the other 250mb gone?? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

improving graphics???

hey i was wondering what i could do to improve graphics and overall smoother running of FS9 (and i know that buying a graphix card is the best but i just wanna know what i can do without having to spend money). So if you could help that'd be great...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
tiretracks

system specs for 2004

Hey all, hear 2004 is a hog. I'm runnin.... 2.53g P4 with 1G PC2700 ram, geforc3 ti500 (64mgcard). XP home with plenty of hard drive space. I can usually get around 35-50 frames out of 2002 with about a med- high set up on the graphics. Decent to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
nottobe

Talking and listening AI ATC!!!

http://www.voxatc.com/ Check out this, it claims that this software can listen to your speech, so no more pressing 1234 multi-choice buttons, just listen and talk to the AI controlers... Sounds fantastic, anybody tried it? well, it does offer a trial ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
Guest Ed

my plane stinks on the ground....

pokey, Help us out here. . . what plane and what are you controlling it with-- joy stick, keyboard, yoke?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
MrSifter

Graphics Cards

Hi Guys Ive got a relatively new PC but I'm not sure how to check what graphics card I have. What I do know is that I need to upgrade it so that I can run FS9 at its full potential. I'm asking two questions here: how do I find out what kind of graph...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
biello on

concorde

hello people can anyone direct me to a good concorde add on for fs9. preferably with wing view 😉 thank you and happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
leachus2002

Problem with Navigation after cold and dark

Hey peeps, Just a quickie - I have just done a cold and dark start in my PSS 757, and I have got everything up and running apart from my flight direction and map. (see screenie). Can anyone shed any light on what I have missed? Thanks Leachu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on

sit in first officers seat

You'll have to download a first officers panel for your chosen aircraft!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
hinch

left seat simulations palm efis

http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=1288 does anyone own it - any good? it looks pretty handy for ultralight or vintage flying when you don't know the area/and have no nav equipment. also i can't find it for sale anywhere else -...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
budsie175

Drift

Didn't have this problem in FS2002 but in 2004 I am getting a constant pull to the right t on take off and a right bank after rotation. Can't seem to get it lt level without autopilot. Trim doesn't seem to help either. Any suggestions? Bud...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
budsie on
guess

Radio frequency problem

Hi everyone, I am a new player of FS 2004. I would like to ask where can I find the airport radio frequency information in FS? And where can I get ILS information (ILS frequency and runway direction)?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hewqtor on

FSP = ANNOYING

HELLO Well, i started a nice flight from yssy - klax and about an hour into the flight i start to serve drinks and hot food to my pasengers. and for the THIRD time a notice comes up saying 'location change, fsp aborted' this has happened three times n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
hewqtor

Fuel Plan

Hi everyone, I would like to ask how to plan my fuel for each flight?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
hammerdag

VOR Questions

I have been playing with flight simulator 2004 for some time know without ever taking any of the lessons, so I thought it's about time to actually learn to naviagte with my instruments rather that doing these direct GPS flights and visual manual landings....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on

AIRPACK4 panel conflicts sound pack

I have installed AIRPACK4 - FS2004 PANEL for Airbus A320 A321 by G. Combattelli and R. Osto Italy for all my airbus panel. Why everytime I change my view from cockpit view to virtual view, it always creates very load and noisy sounds? sometimes when I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
cumpaniciu_one

Airport diagram for Narita Intl (RJAA)

I was only able to find approach/departure charts, but no airport diagram. Please help me find it. Thank you!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cumpaniciu_one on
KR1511

JOYSTICK FOR TAILDRAGGERS

HI ALL. ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A JOYSTICK THAT WOULD BE MORE SIMILAR TO THE REGULAR STICKS FOUND IN CHAMPS AND CITABRIA (TAILDRAGGERS) ? KR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
Karlw

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD

Someone is giving away the product key to fsx thats piracy isn't it isn't that illegal 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
omgttfs

approach button question

Ok, I've read the sticky in this forum about approaches but I'm still a bit confused. From what I understand, once you set your nav1 to the ILS frequency and you hear the morse code, you can push the approach button and it flies the approach. This alw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
omgttfs on
Barks

Time Compression

How do you increase the time compression rate in FS2004? The Learning Centre says go to 'options' but i can't find anything that has options on it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
Page 27 of 111