Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

DanM

Extra Long Expidition

I am going to fly from O'Hare airport, making multiple stops, landinmg at McMurdo Base and doing the same back! I'll keep you updated and I'll do it in multiplayer....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DanM on
Phoebe

FS9?

Would someone please let me know what "FS9" is? I'm new here, see all the references, but have no idea what it is! Thanks in advance! Phoebe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Phoebe on
UAL8495

Fs2Crew Level D help

when i click the clock button it says that their is a problem with my license file?? but i got it installed ok?? any ideas thx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on
Neil Carroll

Win a TrackIR4 Pro every 2 months at Screenshot Art.com

We are extremely pleased to announce a new sponsor for the Edit This Contest, the manufacturers of the essential flight simmers aide the Track IR, Natural Point. The Edit This contest will now run for 2 months to give you that extra time to come up wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Neil Carroll on
vickysokhi

FMC NOT IN DATABASE Error

Hi Guys How’s every body out here… Guys I have downloaded the Advanced Operations Tutorial for PMDG 747 which have tutorial flight DLH454 from EDDF to KSFO I really enjoyed following all the instructions given in the tutorial and flying for 11 hrs...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Pappy55

ILS Frequency?

Just a quick dumb question.. 2 of my addons have auto-land Where do i get the ILS frequency from to put into the nav radio to use the auto land?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
Pappy55

Flight Planner has gone crazy

I dont know why the flight planner has gone crazy but when I plan a flight from London Heathrow (EGLL) - Kennedy Int NYC (KJFK) useing IFR and High Altitude it gives me really stupid flight plans. It gives me a route up across greenand over the north p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
UAL8495

Fs2Crew Level D help

i load the demo flight and when i click the clock button everything goes black and fs crashes. i installed everything correctly. is there something i can do different. i have the update 1.2 installed and went through the config manager so. if someone coul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Jamier

Cargo Pilot: Stuck

Ive downloaded the demo setup my base etc and im stuck, my baron doesnt have enough fuel to fly any of the missions what am i supposed to do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
tiger7881

SimFlyers CYYZ airport Payware Problem !!!! (LIERS !!)

Hey guys, i bought the simflyers CYYZ scenery airport looks realy real, soon i will show some pics, but i have another problem, its saying the jetways move, when i am arriving to the airport or to the gate, they arent moving even when the aircrafts door o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
MrSifter

Ultimate Terrain Europe

Hi I recently purchased Ultimate Terrain Europe, I've followed the instructions however the buildings on my FS still look like they have been planked in the middle of nowhere! Does anyone have this and can assist me so that my FS looks like it does on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Brook

Aircraft Downloads...?

I click download, files are downloaded and unzipped, I copy them to my Aircraft folder in FS... Aircraft don't appear in my FlightSim aircraft directory.. What am I forgetting?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on

Question on fs passengers

Hey every1, wats best to buy, the game or just the code to unlock it? and once i bought it it wil work at any airports then? i just downloaded the demo version and its cooooool 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mossy

cargo pilot screen size problem

I have downloaded the cargo pilot demo, and when i open it the screen is too big, meaning that i cannot see many of the options buttons. i have tried using the buttons on my moniter to make the screen smaller, it didnt work. i have tried running the progr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
earthqu8kes

Graphics Card(Mobility Radeon 9000)

hey i ran the program that Radarman provided in another post. its ays i have a Mobility Radeon 9000. i know its like a graphics card or something but im not sure. can anyone help by telling me whether this is good or bad or whatever. basically...im cluele...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
hammerdag

Screen Shot

Just wondering, I have been trying to post some screenshots for FS 04 for weeks now and they never appear even though I get a message back saying that we have recieved your media?? So annoying! Has anyone else had a problem posting shots on this site? Doe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
mossy

roads and rivers of europe

I want to get this add on, but i want to know if it is any good, and if it will just kill my machine becuase of too much detail. im quite tempted to get it, but i dont want to waste my money, so if anyone knows where i can find a demo thier help will be m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
Greekman72

EGDP(Portland UK)...Have a look...

Flying from EGKK to EGDP (without checking first the airport of EGDP) i was surprised by seeing this ➡ Is this the smallest or there are more?At the beginning i thought it was my scenery fault(And i take as prove the Tower in the sea... ㈸...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
adood

damn reboot

hey guys. well everytime i try and play FS2002 or CFS3 my PC just restarts. and it kinda sucks 😂 anyone know what this could be? im not to good with computers mind....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD_DC on
jgehret2

bermuda to philly near miss and disaster !!!!!

was flying from bermuda to philly nice flight. i get cleareance to land on 27l. i program the ils. set up th plane. turn on final. intercept the localiuzer. then another 737 turn right in front of me. a near miss !!!!! so i follow him and i execut...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
Bandit29

CTRL Key combinations

hi folks, so heres' the problem. i'm running FS2004 (US) on a Vaio laptop with an AZERTY keyboard layout(french). i know,i know, lousy set up you all say, but in France thats all i got for the time being. everthing works brilliantly......except for 1 thi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chutzpah on
beerbadger

Kneeboard with internet

How does this work where can i find it? Thanks for the help as always 😀 IF this is unclear i mean when i open kneeboard i can open a internet browser IN FLIGHT....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
RichT

Memory leak

My simulator is constantly crashing to a black screen, followed by a Microsoft message saying it has encountered an error and needs to close. This will happen at any point from before take-off to having landed and taxiing to gates. Microsoft have been ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
earthqu8kes

AI traffic setting

using Ultimte traffic what should the traffic percentge be for the most relistic settings. ive had it on 100% but often i find three or more planes trying to land at the same time. also i wait over half an hour to takeoff. excuse me if there is a missing ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
to_coolguys

error installing real environment pro 1.0

Hi, I am trying to install the Real Environment Pro but i constantly get an error saying some .ocx file is not registered properly....I use windows xp 64 bit edition and have even formatted my machine and done a clean install of FS 9.0 and updated it t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
bocboc

trackir for fs9

wow look at this video amazing isnt it LOL http://media.naturalpoint.com/video/gamedemo/kmiaktpavsim-compressed2.wmv you can find more a t this url http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/03-enhanced-games/game-flight-simulator-2004.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
snakebite6x6x6

Need some help with fs2004

I cannot change teh display settings in fs2004...any of them..and there isnt a hardware tab on the display settings screen..so i am also stuck with the default resolution.... this really sucks....cause i love the game..but it looks like shit my syst...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adrian-BS

Keyboard reference card - FS2004

I'm keen to download a comprehensive and 'easy to reference' keyboard diagram or chart that I can print and display within close proximity to my monitor and keyboard. (FS2004) Any suggestions as to where I can access one? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Adrian-BS on
Doyley

Custom Paint Jobs

What is the easiest software to use for paint jobs? Preferably free 😀 Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Goose212

Visual Approach

Hi, Newbie just done my first Visual Approach flight. Flew from Chicago O'Hare to Chicago Meigs. I followed an online tutorial and think that if I had to plan this trip myself I would REALLY struggle. I did this without any navigation aid at all a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Goose5454 on
dirix

HMSNZ Waikato Carrier

Hello, I downloaded the HMSNZ Waikato carrier...but I can't find it in FS2004. Can anybody telle me how to locate the carrier. Thanks a lot. Dirk Dirix...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
RavenholmAlpha

I need help opening secondary cargo doors!

Hi guys! I need help opening the cargo doors. I tried doing the combination shift+E+2 but that shows the aircraft panel instead of opening the other doors! I need help on this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Karlw

question about the captain sim c-130 please help

There is a little screen in this screen shot how do you turn that screen on I never have been able to turn it on thanks 😀 ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
mypilot

first movie production

First movie production. Don't be afraid to critisize it. www.myspace.com/soapeyshope or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou90kuvXb4I&eurl=...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
dailyflier

PMDG Fliers...help!

for those who fly PMDG's 737NG, please help me. When I'm flying, I understand the FMC will calculate my TOD and descend down the right path. However, how do I know what to set my MCP altitude to, and at which waypoints I should be at which altitudes. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
BB27

HELP Flare with B 767-200

A little help... I am flying an opensky 767-200 and can't seem to nail the landing. I either flare to early or to late which ruins my fspax scores. Any tips that anyone could give? I have mastered the 747 and 737 and can nail those every time. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
meylan

best add on

i've ran fs2004 for about 5 months now, totally default apart from a few planes .what would be the best add on (freeware) for changing the way the sim looks , for the better . thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on
Welshflyer

Aircraft speed in FS9

I really am going to have to become a member of this site it really is addictive(no doubt due to the quality and friendliness of its members). I'll take my tongue out now.Could anyone tell me please why is it i can cruise easilly in a Handley Page Victo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
FASTJET

FS 2004 CRASHES AFTER ADD ONS TORNADO, VULCAN ARE INSTALLED

CAN ANY ONE HELP :cry: FLIGHT SIM 2004 WORKS OK, AFTER VULCAN AND TORNADO ARE INSTALLED, FS2004 CRASHES READS LIKE THIS. THE VERSION OF FS2004 DETACTED IS NOT COMPATIBLE ,WITH THIS VERSION OF FSUIPC.IT IS BUIL 9.01.40901.YOU NEED THE CORRECT VERSION CHECK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
David M

FS9 Configurator by Ken Salter

Hi I'm looking to download this tool however can't seem to get it. Has anyone got a link for it? Regards David...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
Brook

Sion, Switzerland--ATC tried to kill me!

Found a very challenging airfield at Sion, Switzerland (LSGS)...in the process ATC completely fouled up my arrival and approach, turning me over to the tower 10, 000 directly over the runway. Oh well, I declared missed and cancelled my IFR, climbing back...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chutzpah on

Which Joystick for flight simulator 2004 is beter?

I am new to joysticks so i want something simple that can play MS flight simulator 2004. I Just bought a Logitech Attack 3 Joystick and want to return it because theres no twist function. so should I get the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick Saitek C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Speedbird895

ILS landings and ADF?

Hello, I just have som questions 1. Do real world pilots land using the ILS or do they land manually? And is autolanding and landing with ILS the same thing? 2. Where can I get ADF frequencies for different airports? /thx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on

FS2004 Crashes to Blue Screen

Hi all! Was wondering if anyone can thro some light on a problem I am having with FS2004. When I have selected a flight with a default aircraft, (with it sitting on the end of a runway) once I start my take off run the program crashes to a blue screen wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
cagle

fs9 or fs9.1 updated version of cd patch

can someone tell me how to make sure i have the fs9.1 updated version of the no cdpatch....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cagle on
cumpaniciu_one

Hard landing (looks like)

Hard to tell with certitude, but this sure does look like a hard landing....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Solotwo

The "my FS9 folder is bigger then your FS9 folder"

So yeah, got a pop up warning saying I was running low on disk space, decided to check out my FS9 folder for the heck of it, and holy hell was I surprised. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/21266/my-fs9-folder-is-bigger-then-your-f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
Mattnao

fs passengers

is there a freeware like fspassengers and its not a trial. i want a full add on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Jamie4590

Airport ID

Is there a way of determining the type of airport from its ID? Such as single grass airstrip or international airport etc? Are the red stop bars controlled by ATC to hold aircraft in FS or can it be added?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
to_coolguys

strange problem with ILS

Hi All, I have been on a flight last night from Chennai (India) to Singapore(WSSS). I have had strange problems with the ILS out there.I had tuned in the appropriate frequency in the nav1 radio and set my course properly.Once the default ATC gave me v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Page 30 of 111