Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

jandow

Trafic Map

Hi All, Through sites like this and PAI/WoAI, I have been able to transform my FS2004 from strange, deserted wasteland into a vibrant, AI filled utopia (ok, slight exaggeration but you get the picture!). I have long been interested in some way of viewin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jandow on
CaptainKW

AI aircraft: please explain how to do it?

Ok so i have been trying now for quite awhile to add some AI traffic to my game unsuccessfully. Can someone please explain to me how i do it? I have downloaded "File Description: BA Connect (3 variations) Embraer ERJ-145. In January 2006, British Airw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
cumpaniciu_one

STAR naming (FIVE, SIX, NINE)

I am looking at the STAR procedure naming for KSEA: http://www.naco.faa.gov/digital_tpp_search.asp?fldIdent=SEA&fld_ident_type=FAA&fldCity=&fldAPName=&st=WA&fullName=Washington&ver=0609&eff=08-31-2006&end=09-28-2006 CHINS FIVE EPHRATA SIX GLASR SIX ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
TitanicFan

Map Help

I am new to flight simulater is there a line to follow on the map to the airport you flying to as i dont know which way to go thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TitanicFan on
seadogs

PMDG 747 and fs passengers

Hi there. I am looking to buy PMDG 747. But my one question is will FS passengers work with PMDG? So will all of the random failures generated by FS passengers affect the PMDG? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
seadogs on
Excelsis

Beechcraft King Air 350 VR

I've started flying the Beechcraft King Air and the accompanying flight notes tell me I should aim for Vr at 110 KIAS and maintain 117 KIAS while climbing. I am at N1 100%. I find this impossible. The speed is whizzing so fast that, by the time I draw ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
edr1073

Internet Explorer 7

Incase anybody was wandering about MS IE7. There aren't any concerns about how it works with FS9. It works seemlessly as 6 did. You have to adjust a few things but over all IE7 (Candidate) is a good replacement for IE 6. Just thought I would give ever...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
CaptainKW

Oh My God...what is wrong with me???????

Hi lovely people of FSland....im sorry to be posting yet again but i have to tell u of my complete frustration of STILL not being able to use approach correctly?? Its so annoying i have had at least 10 attempts just flying out of Gatwick then doing a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
CaptainKW

progression from Cessna

What can i assume as my general progression from my little Cessna? obviously soon im gona need more of a challenge, like i bigger aircraft, once i master these approaches coz i feel my general flying habits are alot better. I can finally, pretty much,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
joscarcal

FS going mad !?!?

Dear Friends, I hope someone can give me some advice on this...... Everytime I install an addon to my FS 2004, as soon as I begin a flight certain strange things happen. For example last week I installed AFCAD packages from ProjectAI and yesterday I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
Odyssey

Gauges folder

Does anybody by any chance have a copy of the default gauges folder which is fresh of any addons or anything like that. I think I may have screwed mine up a little and overwritten things I probably shouldn't have. This would be a great help as I really do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
aircraftmad80

Automatic taxiing.

Ok this is going to sound stupid and may be a longshot, BUT, is there anyway possibly in FS2004 that allows automatic taxiing, i.e the plane taxi's itself correctly to the correct gate. I know you can turn on the taxi route but is this possible?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
valcan222

FS passengers gone mad?

Hey everyone sorry if this has been asked before but here it goes, I had to stop playing fs9 for some time because time just didnt allow it, now that I have started playing it alot agin I am as mad as ever, I just compleated a flight from KSLC to KSEA in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MrSam on
CaptainKW

New Cessna

Hello people of the flightSim world. How is everyone??....good to hear. Anyway i was just wondering can i download a new paint job for me Cessna, im loving the whole learning and stuff but am bored of the plain white Cessna. Can anyone help me out?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Katana

FS & Actual Flight Training

I'm starting my flight training very soon. Also, I have just started familiarizing my self with FS. I'm wondering if FS is of great advantage to the the actually training. I understand it can help with the instrument training, but does it benefit a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainKW on
Welshflyer

Starting engines from cold and dark cockpit.

To all you FS Gods on Flyaway (you are to me). Could anybody tell me if there is a way to setup downloaded aircraft to start from a cold and dark cockpit? I have the PMDG 737-600/700 and this is possible from select a flight, but i can't see a way to do i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
JVD

Here's some AI ground staff

Yes, here's some Ai ground staff that seem to do even the baggage of even the AI aircraft. Unfortunatley it's seems to be only for Japan but hey it something worth downloading. So here's the website it is: http://www.cam.hi-ho.ne.jp/urakawa-t/ I hav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on
earthqu8kes

should i get FSpax?

how is FSPax? i wondering cause i now actually have money!!! can you run just like a GA flight without having to use FSPax on that flight, like if i want to practice approaches? thanks in advance? -anders...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD_DC on
DThak

FSP bug?

I just downloaded the FSP demo from the FSP site. After figuring out all the steps, creating new company, loading passengers etc.. I've got a weird problem. When I go to take off my plane is turning heavily to the left. Once I get into the air it conti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
earthqu8kes

V speeds

how do i calculate V1, VR, and V2 sppeds? help appreciated! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
cagle

please help with no cd patch

i know i have asked this before but to no avail. i have been told to copy and past the file to the fsp icon. i try this but it only opens the program. with the #4 cd out it just instructs to put the cd in. so somebody please tell me how to install this...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hcomspam12 on
Gacserus

PMDG 737 NG FMC - ATC sync

All, I am looking for the way to have ATC work according to flight plan created in FMC of 737NG. I want an ILS flight. Everything is entered into FMC but do not know how to synchronize it with ATC. I do not want to create flight plan again in FS9 m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
patw on
Jamie4590

Converting Distances

Sorry because I could google this but does anyone know of a method of converting distances in miles, kilometers and meters in to feet? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
MrSam

Planes slowing down too fast on Runway

have you noticed how quickly the aircraft slows down when on the runway? It's weird, these massive 777s, as soon as they hit the runway, slow down in seconds flat. I work at an airport, and I see hundreds of landings each week (DC10s, MD11s, A300s, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
-Jester-

Old Clip I found

Hey guys. I found this clip on putfile recorded from free flight simulator (never heard of it) check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK4g1ipOADc&NR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Micah

FS2004 or the new Jazzed up version??

Hi Guys, I was simply wondering if any of you had made a definite decision to stay with our beloved 2004 rather than shell out for the new version? I am just curious as to your opinions, as i dont think there will be that many improvements for those...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
CaptainKW

Autopilot Apr?? More help please, sorry guys.

Hi can someone please explain to me how to use the autopilot approach button coz i find it so hard to line it up properly and always end up having to correct my self at the last minute!! its ok now wen im just shuttling myself around the Carribean gettin ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
smithcorp on
DThak

Different aircrafts nav equipment

I've got a question that has been puzzling me and havent found help in FS9 learning center. I've been flying the Cessna Skyhawk and have become decent at VOR and ADF navigation. I thought I'd step up to the Baron for more power etc. When I scan the ga...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cumpaniciu_one on
wb

commercial pilot checkride

helo i've tried to pass the commercial pilot checkride a several times but each time i land,the instructor said i was failed because of my altitude,now,i really don't now what i'm doing wrong: first i fly to 3000 ft (turn left at 1000ft) keep this al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on
CaptainKW

How do i change view in Fspassenger?

Hey i downloaded FSpassenger last night just to get a feel for it so i know what to expect! Is there anyway i can look around the aircraft? or do i have to download all the insides and stuff like that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on
Odyssey

Passenger Report

Take a look at this report from a flight I did earlier today. For a minute there I did not think my pilot or passengers were going to survive. Flight M90392 End of flight report Date September 19 2006 Mode realistic - Fli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on
CaptainKW

Best place to buy FS passenger online?

Basically what the title is......cheapest place please 😀 I only have a downloaded version of FS2004 off me bro so will it work with that coz i got acouple of add ons and they dont appear to be working....just a couple of environment ones...... ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
earthqu8kes

Mad!

MAD,MAD,MAD...letme get to the point...im only getting 1.8 FPS!!!!!!!!! i have FS9, UT, and snapper running but thats it..........!!! everything is soo jerky! when i turn the heading bug for the AP it pauses... and i just pressit and then it goes way past...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on
RichT

Faulty CD4?

Due to the recent problems with my rudder going all over the place, I yet again cleared everything out and re-loaded FS2004. Now, with absoloutely no add-ons or updates and with a fresh clean FS9 on my system, the rudder is still out of control on the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichT on
Taylor

refueling

i was just wondering if there is anthing that i can download or just do anything that i can use so that i can refuel jets with my kc-135. write if u can tell me anything 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
KevinTsai

[ Poll ] Do boys play flightsim more often that girls?

Do boys play flightsim more often that girls? To answer this, lets turn to the polls....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
admin on
leachus2002

PSS Boeing 757 Professional - 2006

Hey Peeps, I am looking at purchasing the Phoenix B757 - just wondered if anyone had any good/bad points to say about it or if anyone owns it? Also, I notice that there are alot of new liveries "coming soon"......anyone know how soon? Discuss...... ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
CaptainKW

Help Please (sorrys its a longone)

Hello! Right im sure u'll all be glad to hear i finally got up there with the help of Rod! so....i can fly pretty basic, the lessons they teach! I do have to say, a few of the lessons didnt go to plan! im off out today to purchase a joystick coz im sick o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
to_coolguys

Active Camera crashing FS

Hi, I installed the latest 2.1 version of Active Camera. I am in Default Cessna 172 and in VC mode.I activate the "Internal Pilot View" in Active Camera and push the centre wheel to look around.As soon as i do that FS crashes and restarts.... Anythin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
tiger7881

GRRRRR !!!!!!!! Active Camera !!!!!!!!

:twisted: Hello good ppl , my problem is the ACTIVE CAMERA FOR FS2004, i am trying all the ways how to work with it, but it doesnt work, i got the full active camera its already installed, jsut how u work with this in the game ?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? :twisted:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
CHRISB440

STAR's, Transitions and Approaches!

Somebody help please!!!! :cry: Ok, here is the situation - i am using FS9 with the 737 Pilot in Command Add-On - a nifty piece of the software is a FMS by the way of a CDU. This allows you to program your departure, en-route and approach phases of fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chrisb440 on
Jamie4590

ILS Localiser Question

The ILS localiser comes alive at about 28nm from the airport and what altitude and speed should I be going at this point up to the start of the glide slope? I've found that if I'm going to fast when I start descending down the glide slope I fly over i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
Odyssey

[ Poll ] Night Flight or Day Flight

Does night flying interest you or do you prefer daytime?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
SteveT

Changing Units for Fuel and Payload

Hi , How can I change the Units for fuel and payload on FS to Kilograms instead of Pounds? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dman199898

172 cruise speed

can't seem to get anywhere CLOSE to the 124-knot cruise (indicated OR true) at full power trimmed level at 5500 in ks during day flight in september. Tops out around 110 kias max, and cruise at around 2400 rpm (the higher side of the cruise power scale) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dman199898 on
Rich T

Whacky rudder!

Having installed FS9 fresh on a re-formatted system, it has run fine for 2 days. Day 1 without the improved cfg file, and day 2 with. I had no problems whatsoever. Today however, the rudder on my aircraft is cocked to the left as soon as it is loaded. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Taylor

fs passengers

does anyone know how to make other pilots fly the other aircraft and make more money on fspax. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MrSam on
rafferty5268

FS9 - 2004 - First Screen Comes Up Then FS9 fails to Load

FS9 - FS2004 has never given me any trouble starting up - suddenly today, I go to start it up then the welcome screen appears as normal but then disappears and FS9 fails to load. Tried several times also with Zone Alarms disabled for good measure - no joy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
airbourne

Sig probs

I really need help when i go to do my sig it dont come out only the url please help thx all...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
stevehobbs

cannot get fs in full screen?

a while back i started fs2004 in safe mode 😳 (fat fingers) pressed the wrong exe and now i cant get it back to full mode it is starting in safe mode all the time any ideas how i get it back to full screen and out of safe mode thanks :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stevehobbs on
Page 31 of 111