Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Slackboy

level-d panel etc

hi all, i need a little help wif the lvl-d 767 panel....when i merge it with another aircraft like posky757-200 for example...the elevator trim dosent work properly and the aerolons misbehave. If any1 is havin the same problem or can solve, reply or c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
slackboy on
deanos63

9.1 update trouble

I had FS update patch 9.1 installed but then i accidently deleted some files out of my FS2004 folder, (bit of a long story really) well it all seems to be ok anyway, i thought i would reinstall 9.1 to make sure it was still there but it won't let me insta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
leachus2002

PMDG 737?

Hi All, I am just about to purchase the PMDG 737. Can anyone recommend this product?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
bonespost

project ai

how do you get the installer to work as all i get is a invaild operation.how do you get the file ttools in to the installer .sorry to ask as you can most see it does not take much to get pass me .thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

FS9 Running SLLOOOWWWW

hi, fs2004 fairly good... but most of the time it pauses or shutters... it's mainly when i am doing something important (like landing :x ).. so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get it to run smoother... also i have the fs2004 setti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greg1138 on
Mc_GaNgStA

Procedure for using flaps!

This perhaps may be the most dumb question asked, but can someone explain me how to use the flaps? This is how I do it: 1. Once I get the message from the tower, "Landmark 1123 heavy you are 20 miles east, turn left heading 255 descend and maintain 1'80...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
Spoty101

I HATE HELICOPTERS!!!

THESE FS9 HELICOPTERS WONT WORK THEY ALWAYS SPIN OUT OF CONTROL AND YOU CANT LAND THEM BECAUSE THEY SPIN OUT OF CONTROL AND YOU CRASH!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jfmitch on
nottobe

Oxygen in Piper Seneca V?

Seneca V is not equipped with cabin presurization. But its equipped with cabin oxygen from what I see in the FSD model. And the service ceiling is 19500. How come an aircraft is designed for such high alt without equiping presurized cabin? As I asked a wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
angelogg

Strange behaviour

Hey ppl.... I just installed a new video card (ATI Radeon 9250), but in FS2004 theres a strange behaviour with the buildings and autogen scenery, some buildings stars flashing and blinking like a discotec, I tried everything to fix this and nothing happe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Spoty101

Helicopters

Why do the helicopters in FS9 always spin out of control if you use the rudder. I HATE THAT!! am I doing something wrong?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
pielitt

Ailerons

how do i control the ailerons? like when landing how would i go about bringing those up? i just landed and didnt notice they were all the way up until i got to the gate. but they didnt come down i have no idea how i did it or how they came up. im parked h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
newbpilot

landing? am i missing something?

im setting up my flight planners every time before starting the flight. i have everything down im doing the whole Nav to GPS thing and following it on the radar., but is there a reason that the routes they give u when u make the plans dont directly face t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
dvorak

FS Instructor?

I have been trying to get the Flight Simulator Instructor thing to work, but when I have it 'hosted' from the Instructor program and my 'student' tries to join it says "Can't join - Session Full" even though there is nobody on apart from me, the instructo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

lack of planes at airports

I have just started flying around and getting my act together with this flight simulation. There are no other planes at some of the airports I fly into, such as Milwaukee, Grand Rapids Michigan, South Bend IN. No traffic and nothing around in the sky , ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
deanos63 on
Hawk_345

i need the default water textures

i did not backup the original files and now big clear rectabgles come up when waves hit the shore, im guessing that to fix this i need the original textures, could some1 give me a way/link to get the originals back. I think i pit too many diferent scenery...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Hawk_345 on
wscott52

Glitch? Gremlins? UFO?

Something weird happened last night. I was flying in the Dreamfleet A36 from San Diego to Tucson at 7000 feet. It was overcast and I had an IFR flight plan.. Los Angeles had just handed me over to Yuma Approach when, in less than a second, the aircraft we...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Madbrit on
pilotwannabe

Ultimate terrain N&S America

Hi, I've just bought this add-on, and although notice some improvement, my scenery doesn't look like this... ➡ http://www.flightsim.com/review/utusa/ut05.jpg Is there something I need to tweak :dontknow: Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
1337_guest_number2

Max. Altitude

What is the maximum altitude that I can fly at in FS2004? I've heard 100k feet. Is that right?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Pilau

Practicing

Hi, I'm doing the flight lessons now, and I want to practice to imporve my skills outside of the lessons frames, I mean on custom flights. Thing is, flying without a purpose is BORING and won't exactly help me improve - I need to make flights with a certa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Hawk_345

whats this Flight Gear download like?

What is that download named flightgear in the newz area. what exactly does it do and how does it affect default microsoft flight simulator and the aircraft i have added. i would like to know befor i download it along with some planes that go with it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hawk_345 on
deanos63

Airbus Fleet 2004

Hi all, Has anyone got the Airbus Fleet add on for MS 2004? I was thinking of getting it but then i saw Airbus A340 professional, according to the description of Airbus A340 pro, it has Flexing wings Plus the following “PSS-enhanced” features: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Hawk_345

How do you use the gps in IFLy 747

How do you use the special navigatio system in the Ifly 747, i dont know how to plot a course to another airport so i hardly ever use this magnificent plane, could some1 give me steps on how to use this thing, i think its called FMC, if not is there a way...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Hawk_345 on

GPS for the Ifly 744

Is it possible to get some add-on for the ifly that will allow a gps to be used? I just simply cant use the FMC its too hard and I'd like to appreciate this great aircraft the simple way Is there anything I can add to the config file that will allow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
johnlund

Help system eboots when playing FS2004

😞 Please some one help me i've tried almost everything except a new AGP or motherboard. When I run FS2004 i could be on the runway or in the air there is no specific point at which my computer restarts its self. MS says its a device driver but...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
johnlund on
ceetee

Calling all Carenado C206 Owners!

I am having annoying troubles with my Carenado C206 at the moment, and need some other Carenado C206 oweners to help me out. My problem is that once airbourne. my craft always banks to the right BEFORE I turn autopilot on. It does not happen with any a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Spoty101

Help with GMAX

Does anybody have a tutorial that will help me to use GMAX so I can create airplanes. Gmax has one but it wont open. Please somebody tell me how its so confusing 😞 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
captain dale

Broken!

Recentley I have tried to use Flight Sim 2004 and I have only got as far as seeing the splash screen and then its just about to load onto the homepage and then it goes back to the computer desktop?! I have tried to uninstall and then install a couple of t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Captain Dale on
Captain Dale

Radio

I am trying to fly various boeings from A - B and managing to do so picking up new skills such as GPS along the way. But I really want to now how to get clearance from the tower to take off and clearance to land etc?! I have looked everywhere! when I wan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Captain Dale on
Oberkomando

WORLD Airports 2

Hey there guy i found this complement for the fs9, and it is great, jus great. Now you can visit the 11 most important airports in the world at a full detailed scenary. NY JFK,London-Luton, Toronto, Frankfurt, Chicago O´hare, Washington Dulles, Las Veg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
mcmxl

737 ILS Approach with Flaps

Today I was practicing ILS approaches in my 737. Something I have never been succesfull at. Today my problem was, as soon as I intercepted the glide slope at 140knots with flaps at 10-25% the plane would decend way to rapidly and belly land/crash 2-3 mil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mcmxl on
Pilau

FS2004 Display configs

Hi I have an FX5500 256MB, Pentium 4 1600 MHz, 512MB DDR. Can anybody please give me general directions to setup my display settings? What things are more important, etc. Thanks a lot!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
cheeseburg

Upgrade Help!

Okay, I download the plane i want then i unzip the files, but after that i get completely lost and end up not getting the plane at all. Can any help me? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bartholomew

A question about touchdown

Suppose your Vref speed is 130 knots. You fly at that speed until the very flare but what do you do then? Are you supposed to touchdown at 130 knots (which means fly a few knots faster on approach), or should you reduce the power to idle on flare, reduce ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Liono

Radar Contact 4 + FSPassengers + FS2Crew + TrackIR 3

and the Level D 767 Add-on Radar Contact 4 + FSPassengers + FS2Crew + TrackIR 3 and the Level D 767 Add-on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
-.Jester.-

CH Products F-16 Flight Stick

HI i was wondering does anyone have this joy stick???? and if you do can you tell me some more about it and if you like it or not??? thanks alot Nick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
mikee747

CH Products Yoke

Hello, When you turn on the rudder you by default have to use the middle lever in your yoke. How do you change it to something better as in when you turn the yoke right the wheels will go right? Also, if any of you have one can you please tell me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Spoty101

Airport Ground Traffic?

Does anybody know of an addon that gives mostly every airport ground traffic and follow me cars and moving gates?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
gizzmo

flight game im new to this

hi im new to this how do i play one of the flight simulators...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on

POSKY 737-800 V-Speeds?

Hi there What are the V-Speeds for the POSKY 737-800 (or any 737-800, I'm sure there the same). I am looking for V1, VR, V2, VSO (or whatever the stall speed is called) VRef and whatever other V-Speeds I need I know that there will not be definit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
hms_endeavour

[ Poll ] CAP

I was wondering what the everyone thought about the CAP(civil air patrol) It's a group that works with the air force,army,and coast guard.they were the first to take an aerial photo of ground zero in new york,they do search and rescue missions and stop p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
tiger7881

Antialiasing

Hi guys, i will sound stupid for this question, what is anti aliasing, plz forgive me i actualy dont know english well, cuz i wasnt born incanada or us or england, i actualy moved to canada when i was 15, so excuse me for this questions and my spellin :oo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
hawk1009alpha

Carriers

O.K., I've seen pictures of people taking off carriers, but I can't find a carrier on FS2004, can someone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
leachus2002

Recommendations for a Payware Airbus A320

Hey peeps, Has anyone got any good recommendations for any payware Airbus 320s? I have been looking at the Wilco website, but not 100% happy with that one. Also looked at the phoenix-simulation software website, but they don't let you purchase a dow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
meylan

Save flight and load again

hello from stoke, England is it possible to save when your in the air and then load and be right where you saved it when i come to load the flight im back on the departure airport in a cessna (different plane than what was in my saved flight ) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
amirba

amir250

can anyone maybe say me why is the electricity in my PMDG 747 panel going down after few seconds, right after starting to play...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Didrik Dahl

My traffic

can i download my traffic for free???? I had it one time...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
brownbox

is it true that...

is it true that if a jet engine aircraft (e.g 747) sits on the runway with engines at full power for too long, they will tear up the tarmac?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Spoty101 on
nottobe

How high can you fly without pressure in cabin?

can you survive only using rich mixture, say 70%-80%, of oxygen in your cabin which is not presurized at high alt? Or if I wear oxygen mask, can I fly FL 300 without presurization?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
wscott52

Slow A36

I have a question. I bought the Dreamfleet A36 about a month ago and have been having fun with it. The question is: Why is the aircraft often much slower than adertised? Right now it's flying down the California coast at 11,000 feet making 140 knots IAS. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
meylan

problem

hi all . i have a little problem i ve fitted an ati radeon 9800 pro i installed the drivers from the disk express install.after install it tells me i have to restart pc .so it starts loading back up when it gets to loggin screen where you can pick which u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 40 of 111