Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Can I make my own ATC sounds

Is it possible to make my own ATC sounds I mean me recording my own voice and making a new pilot voice (rather than just pilot 1 through 9 make a new one called Pilot 10 or something with my voice) I do realise that it will take a long while to do t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
brownbox

pilot fainting??

well heres what happened.... 😀 i was flying and then came very close to crashing so i pulled up hard on the joystick. The plane goes up and while the copilot is shouting warnings about g forces, everything fades and goes black. ❗ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
danielscotcher

microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro on xp

hi i just brought a microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro with a game port on it can can not get the joystick to work the software that came with it does not install on xp prof does any one know if you can get a microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
earthqu8kes

upgrade to new plane

hello everybody, i havent been on this forum for months now! gosh... ive been rily busy including advancing to state science fair. if it werent for my trusty FS2004 i wouldnt have made as far as i did. any way to the topic. ive been flying a cessna 150 ae...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on
specops-snake

C3

C3 ! Yay for me I just reached C3 so I can now fly Multi Engine Piston aircraft. 26 flights / 24 hours flight time / 100% saftey record 🙂 My only problem is money 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
meylan

help on startup please

after reading some off the help topics on the forum,i think i need to use the run as administrator option to start fs4 buuuuuuuuuuut i dont know the password as windows xp was already on the pc when i got it . the problem is it just goes back to my desk t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
valcan222

add a checklist

Hey everyone I downloaded the addon so that during flight you can get on the internet through the kneeboard you know what I am talking about right? well I downloaded a 737-800 and it has a good checklist and refrence cheet and I am wanting to add it to th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
valcan222

ok 2 questions well maby more lol

Ok for thoes of you with FSP you know the co-pilot how he makes the call outs? well is there a download so it will do this without FSP? because when I do long flights I like the total relistic lol. call outs ATC the whole thing lol, as for another questio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
dannyboy2005

DELL PC??

Hi i'd like a dell PC, A top of the range Dell XPS 700 (Gaming) Here is what i want to get: Intel® Pentium® D Processor 950 (3.40GHz, 800MHz fsb, 2x2MB cache) Genuine Windows® XP Professional, SP2 2048MB Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz (2x1024) Memory...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on
simon123

FRAPS.

hello. can anyone please tell me how it works?. as i so much want to do a movie for you to see. any help would be great!. thanks. simon123 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
TimTim

My first fs2004 vid!!!!

Hi everyone Will you take a look at my first video from fs2004?? Its a Ryanair 737-800 (with wiglets) landing in Dublin Intl Airport (Runway 2😎 Also, though you experts out there may not think it was a great landing. I used to have a lot ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon123 on
ceetee

German Flyawaysimulation

Has anyone ever clicked the German flag at the bottem of this page before? It takes you to the European version of this site, which is all yellow themed and still uses a British Airways plane for the logo 😂 They even have forums all posted in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Mithheru

AISmooth

I've seen AISmooth mentioned here. I managed to get 1.11a and I have FSUIPC 3.50 running. AISmooth doesn't recognise FSUIPC or FS2004 running. Am I missing something? I saw a post someplace that there is a version 2 of AISmooth, but the website for it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Liono

Flyaway AI Traffic

Would anyone be interested in this at all? Before I go ahead and plan it out, I want to know what sort freeware AI traffic you use. Once people reply to this post I will set up some plans. I will also need someone to repaint the AI traffic but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on

Jetways addon for free?

Hello there. Where can i get airport jetways add on for free?? 😀 Do you mind giving me the link 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

I have a few questions about the logitech joystick is it possible to temparily disable the twist rudder because on times like takeoff its annoying as you are rolling down the runway because its hard not to accidently twist it, and going them speeds on ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
Greekman72

FS & Google Earth.

Surfing on the net today i face-up with this ➡ http://fsearth.fsutil.com/ Seems more than intersting. ❗...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Rich T

Identifying and removing unwanted AI

When downloading some airport upgrades, they have come with AI aircraft and schedules. I already have a package which provides aircraft and schedules for every airport worldwide, and these aircraft are much better than some of those provided in the dow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rich T on
rickypig112

Changing Pushback Buttons?

hi all when i want to push the plane back i press shift and P as it tells you. however when i want it to be pushed back to the left or right i press shift and p and the corresponding button but it never works. has anyone else had this problem and is th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
SeanGa

A plane losing an engine

Hi, I just read a news about a SAS MD80 plane which actually LOST its engine during flight. By lost I don't mean it malfunctioned, I mean the plane physically LOST the engine.. I am wondering, what would be the emergency procedures for this situation?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
Mc_GaNgStA

ILS Approaches!

I don't know why but it seems impossible for me to land perfectly on the centre line without Autopilot. I used to use Autopilot but then I thought it was pointless cause then I might as well not fly if I don't do anything but clicking buttons. Can someone...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
leachus2002

Speed All Over the Place During Flight

Hi, I am currently flying my Airbus A319 and climbing to 26000, but I am finding that my speed is shooting all over the place. For example, one second it will be at 260knts and the next 320knts. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
techfun3

fps problems with fs2004

the problem is that i play fs2004 at the best configuration possible and it moves generally at 30fps but it changes and falls to 15fps when im in huge airports or passing trough a city, but the big thing is that in these places when the fps fall i quit t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
azabro

Graphics Cards

Hi, Say I have just bought a new graphics card, and just want to pop it straight in, do certain cards require different slots? If so, How do I locate the Graphics Card Slot. Thanks! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
flightcheck

SO ANGRY!!!

I was on a 2.5 hr flight from Broome (YBRM) to Perth (YPPH) in the fokker 100 in the skywest livery 🙂 I was about 20 mins out from my final destination when my game crashed to desktop :evil: :evil: :evil: im so angry!!!! just puts me off do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
CoasterXtreme

Wrong runway

I was trying to take off from an airport that has 2 runways. One of them is a bit smaller but a 737 would have no problem taking of on it. the other is large enough for a 747 to take off. I was flying a 747 so I figured they would send me to the longer ru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Doyley

Around the world

Hi all, I am going to fly around the world in many stages in a 737. Problem is that I am awful with geography and I dont know where many airports are or the best way to plan a route around the world. I want to start at EGGP. Does anybody have a list...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
dannyboy2005

Whats better. traffic 2005 or Ultimate Traffic?

I have seen many of you use Ultimate Traffic. I have got traffic 2005. I take it that on both you can fly all planes and drive a follow me car and are built by the same company. But what one is better? E.g. Dose Ultimate Trafic aircrafts have custom panne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
TimTim

Make your own flying lessons???

Hey everyone, This may be a long shot, but here it goes Is it possible to make your own flight lessons?? Well maybe not exactly lessons but to be able to make things like the Rod Machado lessons, where certains events are triggered when certain thin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Jared

Comming Soon From Carenado...

Well Carenado has announced thier newest airplane. The link is below. Well all I know is I am going to get her. http://www.carenado.com/html/incomings.php3...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
mackem

greg737 autoland fix

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
vickysokhi

SID/STARs Flight Plan

Hi Guys Thanks for the replying to my last post. I am woundering hoe to create SID/STARs or u can say Flight plans which we can enter into the FMC I have gone throgh so many websites but cant understand Pls help me to understand so that I can co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
arulu

Uninstall update FS9.1

I already uninstall and deleted the entire file from registry before reinstalling FS2004. Now I want to install the FS9.1 update, it says the update already exists. I don't understand. The update is not there at all. Can you please help me to solve this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
arulu on
Doyley

Chopper Engine Failure

Hi all, A while back I started a discussion about engine failures in helicopters and learnt that it is possible to make the rotar blades act as a sort of parachute. Now is this possible in FS? I climbed to 2000ft and cut the engines and the rotar sto...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
Faucett

texture reload

Does anyone know about the "texture reload" function in fs9, and how to use it? Many thx 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
TimTim

Taxiing.. FS ATC don't do it right

Hi everyone Ever notice after you land the Tower will tell you to "... turn next taxiiway"?? Sometimes this can be confusing. Some airports its straight-forward, as you can only turn left or right, not both, so its simple then But in some airports, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chad_ryan86 on
Marok

OK I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT HELP with the X52

sorry about the caps on the title but hey it drew you in didnt it lol. well anyways on to my question OK with the throttle controll the X52 comes with it, well its hard to explane to you that dont have one but to all the people out there that do, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
claudioerrazuriz

Default ai traffic and ATC in multiplayer

Well...is it possible by configuring fs9.cfg or an existing patch or something to set up a multiplayer session with default ai traffic and default fs2004 ATC just like in single player mode? Thank you for your answers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
claudioerrazuriz on
leachus2002

Airbus A319/20/21 Panel Recommendations?

Hey Peeps, Not been around for a while, but now that I am back I am looking at changing my A320 panel for one that possibily has a MCDU and one that lets you input a flight plan etc etc. I understand that the chances of getting a freeware one is sma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
rodders47

Air Navigation Maps

Does anyone know where I can download Jeppersen air nav maps that will work with FS 2004 ? I usually use these maps in other Flight Sims that show the NDB/VOR etc and also the airport plates. I'm lost without em 😀 Are they within the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
girik9

Strange problem

Whenever I try and increase the throttle in-game, the computer suddenly displays a blue screen and restarts. This is not a problem with the joystick that I use because it works in all my other games. I do not have Internet Explorer 7 and I have tried r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
girik9 on
pearlygatesuk

Simple FMC

I've just done a full reinstall of MS Flight Sim X (only joking its 2004 really) anyway, I used to have a program called SimpleFMC but cant find a place to download it - can anyone help? Cheers Pearly...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Simmy

Multiple monitors

I have just set up two monitors both of which are working but I do not know how to place the aircraft control panel on one and the scenery views on the other. Can anyone help please. 😀 Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bearboy on
fcpoker

information zulu current

i have a question that i believe i know the answer to but just wanted to get some confirmation. While flying online ATC will on ocassion inform that the information at the airport im landing or taking off from is (ALPHA, BRAVO, CHARLIE, e.g.) is current....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fcpoker on
Wing-man

Hidden commands in FS

Hi people 😉 . Today, I've been reading alot as regards FS, I've put some into practice, so I'm going to attempt to put this together and maybe it will help some. Hidden commands in FS............. I'm sure that alot of people (including mysel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Flyguy4

Need some help

I just installed FS2004 on a new computer with alot of paywear and am having a problem. About an hour into a flight the tool bar dissapears on me and if I go to the Alt to bring it back up my fs will shut down. Any ideas how to correct this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
ceetee

FSUIPC Joystick Calibration

I was told that re-calibrating my joystick through FSUIPC might fix my problems I am having with aircraft banking left and right. I have never purchased a copy of FSUIPC but read that it may be installed on my system by any addon already. I have had...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
victorb

Question... about downloads..

Hi, i'm a boy on 14 years. I not get it, now i payed for the flyaway membership, but now wen i doawnload a plane, WinRAR want's me to pay. Do I really have to pay for all that?! 😀 Please " 😀 help" me.. ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on

Landing problems?

I am having great difficulty lining up the aircraft to land on a runway. I can find the airport with no problems, I just can't get my approach path correct. I am not using ILS, but am using a visual approach. Does anyone have any tips?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
Bhupesh

What is 12'o clock

Hi friends, It's been a long time I have been here. So how you guys doing there? Well just a quick one 😂 I know I come with stupid questions everytime...Well I have seen this whenever I request Airport Directions from the ATC I hear Airport is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mrtazzy on
Page 40 of 111