Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Newboy

scrolling ATIS report

Sometime back, I used to get a ATIS report scrolling on the top of my screen. But to make it more realitic, I somehow disabled it. Now I dont know how to get it back on. Does anyone know what setting I have to change to get the ATIS to scroll again? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Raul_Fury

Crasher when entering Learning Center

Hey everyone, I'm new to Flight Simulator 9. I installed it and it works great, but whn I open the Learning Center it crashes the game up and then I have to restart it. I would appreciate any help of any kind concerning this problem. Thanks in a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Raul_Fury on
Excelsis

full screen vs window

While on FS9 I had to change my screen from full to window ( Alt+Enter) last night to access some other site and I couldn't believe the difference in quality when I left it in that mode in FS9! Everything was so sharp! Just by going down a notch or two in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Liono

I think I'm addicted to payware.

Just take a look at what I've brought. PMDG 737NG PMDG B1900D Walk & Follow Aerosoft BAe 146 PSS A319/A320/A321 FSBuild 2.2 FSPassengers FScene Europe ZINERTEK - ULTIMATE NIGHT ENVIRONMENT PRO ZINERTEK - WORLD ENVIRONMENT PRO CLS A300-600R F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
mcmxl

Toure De ATC

Today I whent on a tour of Denver Center, where my dad works. I got to watch and listen to him control traffic. I ❗ 😀 t was very cool! 😀 I also have one question. I downloaded the UPS MD-11 from this web site. When I go to fly it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
squawk code

what is it?

What does it mean they say squawk (then a number)?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
boomshiko

Center the trims

Hi guys, I've got a question. Whilst flying an IFR flight I engage AP, to give me some time to prepare my approach. AP trims the plane for level flight. But when I take over the controls from autopilot, how can I center the trims? There no trim whee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Bach

MSFS 2004 in window mode?

Hello everyone, im new here, but please help me, how do i get Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 in window mode, so i have this menu Bar in the top? I know how to do, but cant remember it 😞 ::BACH::...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
earthqu8kes

starting flights

is there a way to start flights with the engines off like in the real world? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
SteveT

Defrag?

Hi, I here people defrag their hardrive etc... What does this do for me and how do I do it? Thanks 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
specops-snake

With X-Ray?

This question been bugging me for years now but I never thought to ask here. So here it is. I noticed on vatsim and flight sim I heard people say with Information X-ray or Whisky etc. I have no idea what it means, please help......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
Jim86

Graphic Problem

Hi guys I am new to this forum...I m Italian so sorry me for my not perfect English... this s my problem: The ATC window is totally white...not transparent...so I cannot see what is write on it...and I can t see what there is behind the window...like ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jim86 on
SamIntel

Just got FS Passengers

I just got FSP and it is really cool. 😀 But I have some questions about it: When I'm in the Manager section, what does it mean to: dismiss (fire?), heal (?), or transfer (move to new airline?) a pilot? I'm flying piston planes use FSP and when...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
aloha43

FS9 minimizing...HELP!

FS 9 has been minimizing itself for no reason. It doesn't matter if I am manually flying, or on auto pilot. I've tried: Installing fs9update Uninstalling the entire program, removing anything relating to Flight Simulator. Reinstalled (3 times) FS9...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Istyar

Error when starting FS9

When I start FS9 I get error: "Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled. File: ACONTAIN.DLL" And it writes me again and again with these file...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jamier

Overnight flights?

Does anybody actually do overnight flights in 744's? 772's? Im doing a flight to Singapore from Heathrow at the moment and its 00:56am with 9 hours to go! got a long night aheadof me!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
X-rjs23

Planning to buy Flight simulator 2004...

I read the comments, interviews, and reviews about flight simulator. It made me wanting to buy it and i am planning to buy it. I need to know what to buy like do i need a joystick to be able to fly planes or other necessary items. And also, i am curio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
Bindolaf

Crosswind landing (video)

Runway is 16L (LGSR) and wind is 250@21. Video is low quality (no edits), 12MB. Not the best landing in the world, but hey. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1348002264B5A68E...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
rickypig112

ok, getting annoyed now

hi everyone, a couple of questions to ask you. 1. do any of you have a problem when at big airports suck as heathrow of JFK. as mine is really slow, especially when coming into land my screen will freeze when i am above the runway for a good few seconds ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on

Why do AI dissapear in Instant Replay

Why does all AI disappear in Instant Replay?? I would like if they stayed because if I am taking videos or screenshots, airports look nicer if they AI in it. Is there a way to make them stay??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Rich T

Flashing textures

Having purchased a super-duper computer, I was hoping FS9 would be trouble free and smooth flying. However, I am still getting annoying things happen. My main annoyance at the moment is that sometimes plane or airport textures keep blacking-out and re-...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon123 on

Where can I get free charts??

Is it possible to get free charts?? Such as if anyone read the pdf file that you can get on avsim about the 5 most dangerous approaches the man that wrote it has a chart for each of these airports Is it possible to get free ones?? I would like to have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Miguel221 on
BashDaBish

Google Earth

Ok, I have seen one post about Google Earth on this forum. I thought I would add another just to add how impressed I am in it and to make some of you more aware of it's potential. I thought I would post in General so more of you may see it. Prior to a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on

I love the glidestop...ok, I love the glide...

Hi Flew same route 5 times, had three perfect copybook approaches, 150 kts, full flaps, engine idle just before threshold. manual landing was good, right on centreline, reverse thrust roared... beautiful, throttle cut no problem....press brak...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Excelsis

Taxiing speed

I have a problem with the taxiing in my little Cessna 172. I try and hold it under 20 knots but it either goes too fast and veers off in all directions, despite my using rudder control, or if I drop speed too much it stops altogether. I can't seem to find...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
specops-snake

Pressure Danger?

Can someone help me with this please in FS Passengers (The Greates Addon Of All Time) I have noticed the pressure danger sign thing come up if i ascend fast and I would like to now why this happens. I thought that airliners where pressured as if you where...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
RavenholmAlpha

In FS2004 I neep help on opening the aircraft's doors.

Hi gentelmen! I need help on opening the aircaft's doors in FS2004. Thanks! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RavenholmAlpha on

crusing spped

hello there 😀 . wat speed do you have to crusie in a boeing 737 ? cos on flight report it always says i used time Acceleration lol. does any1 know? 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Can I make my own ATC sounds

Is it possible to make my own ATC sounds I mean me recording my own voice and making a new pilot voice (rather than just pilot 1 through 9 make a new one called Pilot 10 or something with my voice) I do realise that it will take a long while to do t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
brownbox

pilot fainting??

well heres what happened.... 😀 i was flying and then came very close to crashing so i pulled up hard on the joystick. The plane goes up and while the copilot is shouting warnings about g forces, everything fades and goes black. ❗ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
danielscotcher

microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro on xp

hi i just brought a microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro with a game port on it can can not get the joystick to work the software that came with it does not install on xp prof does any one know if you can get a microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
earthqu8kes

upgrade to new plane

hello everybody, i havent been on this forum for months now! gosh... ive been rily busy including advancing to state science fair. if it werent for my trusty FS2004 i wouldnt have made as far as i did. any way to the topic. ive been flying a cessna 150 ae...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on
specops-snake

C3

C3 ! Yay for me I just reached C3 so I can now fly Multi Engine Piston aircraft. 26 flights / 24 hours flight time / 100% saftey record 🙂 My only problem is money 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
meylan

help on startup please

after reading some off the help topics on the forum,i think i need to use the run as administrator option to start fs4 buuuuuuuuuuut i dont know the password as windows xp was already on the pc when i got it . the problem is it just goes back to my desk t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
valcan222

add a checklist

Hey everyone I downloaded the addon so that during flight you can get on the internet through the kneeboard you know what I am talking about right? well I downloaded a 737-800 and it has a good checklist and refrence cheet and I am wanting to add it to th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
valcan222

ok 2 questions well maby more lol

Ok for thoes of you with FSP you know the co-pilot how he makes the call outs? well is there a download so it will do this without FSP? because when I do long flights I like the total relistic lol. call outs ATC the whole thing lol, as for another questio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
dannyboy2005

DELL PC??

Hi i'd like a dell PC, A top of the range Dell XPS 700 (Gaming) Here is what i want to get: Intel® Pentium® D Processor 950 (3.40GHz, 800MHz fsb, 2x2MB cache) Genuine Windows® XP Professional, SP2 2048MB Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz (2x1024) Memory...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on
simon123

FRAPS.

hello. can anyone please tell me how it works?. as i so much want to do a movie for you to see. any help would be great!. thanks. simon123 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
TimTim

My first fs2004 vid!!!!

Hi everyone Will you take a look at my first video from fs2004?? Its a Ryanair 737-800 (with wiglets) landing in Dublin Intl Airport (Runway 2😎 Also, though you experts out there may not think it was a great landing. I used to have a lot ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon123 on
ceetee

German Flyawaysimulation

Has anyone ever clicked the German flag at the bottem of this page before? It takes you to the European version of this site, which is all yellow themed and still uses a British Airways plane for the logo 😂 They even have forums all posted in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Mithheru

AISmooth

I've seen AISmooth mentioned here. I managed to get 1.11a and I have FSUIPC 3.50 running. AISmooth doesn't recognise FSUIPC or FS2004 running. Am I missing something? I saw a post someplace that there is a version 2 of AISmooth, but the website for it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Liono

Flyaway AI Traffic

Would anyone be interested in this at all? Before I go ahead and plan it out, I want to know what sort freeware AI traffic you use. Once people reply to this post I will set up some plans. I will also need someone to repaint the AI traffic but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on

Jetways addon for free?

Hello there. Where can i get airport jetways add on for free?? 😀 Do you mind giving me the link 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

I have a few questions about the logitech joystick is it possible to temparily disable the twist rudder because on times like takeoff its annoying as you are rolling down the runway because its hard not to accidently twist it, and going them speeds on ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
Greekman72

FS & Google Earth.

Surfing on the net today i face-up with this ➡ http://fsearth.fsutil.com/ Seems more than intersting. ❗...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Rich T

Identifying and removing unwanted AI

When downloading some airport upgrades, they have come with AI aircraft and schedules. I already have a package which provides aircraft and schedules for every airport worldwide, and these aircraft are much better than some of those provided in the dow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rich T on
rickypig112

Changing Pushback Buttons?

hi all when i want to push the plane back i press shift and P as it tells you. however when i want it to be pushed back to the left or right i press shift and p and the corresponding button but it never works. has anyone else had this problem and is th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
SeanGa

A plane losing an engine

Hi, I just read a news about a SAS MD80 plane which actually LOST its engine during flight. By lost I don't mean it malfunctioned, I mean the plane physically LOST the engine.. I am wondering, what would be the emergency procedures for this situation?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
Mc_GaNgStA

ILS Approaches!

I don't know why but it seems impossible for me to land perfectly on the centre line without Autopilot. I used to use Autopilot but then I thought it was pointless cause then I might as well not fly if I don't do anything but clicking buttons. Can someone...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
leachus2002

Speed All Over the Place During Flight

Hi, I am currently flying my Airbus A319 and climbing to 26000, but I am finding that my speed is shooting all over the place. For example, one second it will be at 260knts and the next 320knts. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Page 42 of 111