Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Long-Distance

Additional Joystick Axis and Button Assignment

Does anyone know how to add new features to joystick axis like reverse throttle, both breaks L&R on one axis, Zoom ect... Also can you add button assignments like Instant replay, restart flight and other menu functions? Is it possible to make a button ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
pilotwannabe

Fuel calculations

Hi guys, I know that during the cruise, pilots check their fuel....to see if they've got a leake etc. I was just wondering what the equations for these calculations are so I can do them in my PMDG 737-600 😉 Also...what other checks shoul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Blake14 on
brownbox

fs pax air hostess messages

just wondering, is there any way to change the same old boring things that the hostess says on fs passengers? I know its not really important but it gets so boring 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
ceetee

Altitude Autopilot Question

I have a question concerning Altitude Hold with autopilot on jet aircraft. I have noticed on some jets, like the iFDG A319 for example, once you have autopilot engaged with alt. hold engaged, you can press the "+" and "-" when hovering over the gauge w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
pilotwannabe

Throttles

I was just doing a flight in the Beech 1900C and was having a problem with the throttles. The problem was that only one of them was responding to my commands via the joystick. The other one had to be moved manaully. Also Ctrl + Alt + F1 only shut one o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Paul,Paul

takeoff

Hello every1 im quite new to this so excuse me if this question sounds a bit stupid lol 😀 When i takeoff is there a way to keep the attidude indicator to stay at 10 untill i reach my crusing attidude 😀 Thanks in advance 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Edoray

Install Problems - HELP!

FS9 won't switch into graphics mode, it just starts with the opening screen, then bounces me back to windows. Brand new install of a brand new (legal) fs9, on a clean freshly defraged hard drive. program installs without issues, but won't boot. same di...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bonk1210

trim tab and brakes won't disengage

When starting any plane with a trim tab, it immediately goes all the way down, causing the nose of the plane to constantly maintain an up attitude pitch. It will not allow me to change the trim tab in any way. I have tried changing assignments and makin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
valcan222

FS passangers

Well after having some trubles I think I have gotten better at FS Passangers now all I have to do is get a longer route lol, Flight ID: 222 Pilot: Brian Bannon Company: delta Aircraft: Boeing 737-800 Delta Flight Date: June 16 2006 Departure...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
crosscheck9

types of Landing

Can someone please help me distinguish between CAT I, CAT II, and CAT III . . . As far as I know, they all require ILS, but I'm not sure what the differences are -- Also, how can I found out whether the r/w's are equipped with CAT I, CAT II, or CAT III. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
crosscheck9

A/T is off by +/- 10 kts

In almost every aircraft I fly, I notice that the autothrottle is off by around 10 kts each way. This is most noticable during descent and climb, i.e. when I'm descending, if I set the speed to 260 kts, it will hold around 270 kts. I know, however that ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
N111EG

Aircraft Carriers for FS2004

Does anyone know where I can download (and name of file) a good Aircraft Carrier and Aircraft (F18 or F14) with tail hooks for doing takeoff and landings on the Aircraft Carrier. I am using FS 2004. Thanks.. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
valcan222

no CD crack?

hey every one well I am having some trubles with my disc for flight simulation and was wondeirng if I used a NO CD crack would that effect the game at all? becaues well I dont know if its my CD or my CD drive I live in the middle of no where and dust ruin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on

Confused about ADF intercepts

Hi I am having a hard time understanding the ADF intercept as described in the tutorial on this site. Does anyone have a formula or more detailed explenation on how to accomplish this. For example if I am flying 340 Heading and my RBI says 072 and I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
JarJarBinks

FS9 Update

hey i have heard alot of talk about this update and what exactly does it do for me? ive never understood updates. what am i getting out of it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Paul,Paul

Excess G Forces

Hello, Can any1 tell me what this means and what can i do to prevent this from happening 😀 Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
bonk1210

cannot disable brakes

I cannot disable the brakes....I went to "assignments" and changed that all around still with no luck....Can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on

Hard landing

Hello 😀 how do prevent a hard landing happening cos im making a lot of those lol 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
valcan222

ok I am mad

OK I was on a flight from phenox to seattle in a boeing 737-800 I was at FL250 I had just crossed the california oregon border and a message comes up saying that microsoft flight simulator has incounterd a problem and needs to close this is the first time...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
earthqu8kes

cross-country route?

can anybody give me a goodcross-country flight for the default Mooney bravo? max range is around 1,000 miles starting at davis, ca (0o5) but im looking for legs around 1 hr. long. all sugestions are appreciated 😀....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on

A good 10 hour flight

Is there a good 10 hour flight that I can do I will be going to bed in about half an hour and would be sleeping for about 9-10 hours and i would like it if I could have a flight going overnight, and then in the morning land the plane What is a good ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mcmxl on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Chris102, I have your test answers here.

The reason you've been getting bad grades is because you havent been asking ME...😛 just kidding, I dont know how I'll do either The answers should all be there. when I took my exam there, i got a 85% If you are on approach for rwy 26L with an O...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
idphilli on
brownbox

OMG LOOK!

Flight SLK720 End of flight report Date 13 June 2006 Flight ID: SLK720 Pilot: Kuljeet Singh Company: SilkAir Aircraft: A319-132 SilkAir Flight Date: 13 June 2006 Departure: 20h28 (14h28 GMT) Arrival: 04h18 (21h19 GMT) F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon123 on
Rich T

Head Tracker - opinions?

I was looking at the TrackIR 3 Pro Head Tracker the other day. Has anybody used or got this, and what is your opinion ❓ Rich...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

Best Weather Add-on (Freeware or Payware)??

Hi What is the best weather add-on?? I would like to know what the best free one is and also what the best payware one is I would like one that would make clouds look more realistic Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
bandit78

Need the 'map' on a seperate file

After adding the realistic terrain the realistic landclass and such to my home area (Vancouver island) I found of course the water, mountians, heavey vegetation to be slowing it all down with the new add-ons. This I expected. However now when I want to fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bandit78 on

Pointless

At 15, its pointless wanting to be a pilot becuase technology will probably take over pilots in the next 20 years and all planes will be flown by computers. Auto take off and auto land so whats the point in wanting to be a pilot when the time im at the ag...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
ceetee

Wheel Cover Codes

I have noticed this both in real life and on the sim. Can anyone tell me what the code on the wheel cover of aircraft mean? 😕 Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on

How do you stop turbelance??

I am on a flight from EIDW to LERS and there is a crosswind and heavy turbulence. The passengers are not happy about this. How do I solve this so they can have a comfortable flight. Should I go to a higher altitude?? It has been like this since takeoff...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
davidmac1

Around the World

Does any one know some routes that will take me around the world (preferably starting in the UK) I would like at most 4 hour legs (give or take)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
chrissie

Problem w/ Downloading weather in FS9

I'm wondering if anyone else having this problem: In Flight Simulator, when I download the real world weather, it gives me an error message to check my internet connection. As you see my internet is working well since I created this forum. It all star...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on
rickypig112

resetting?????

hi all is there a way i can reset fsp so i am at the sitart again with no flight log and the generous amount of money to buy planes? i have looked but couldnt find anything. please help thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
rickypig112

flights flights flights

hi all can anyone offer any good long haul flights for me to do. i like the good 12 or 13 hour ones. so far i have done heathrow - kuala lumpur Heathrow - Changi Heathrow - Hong Kong any other ideas for me, they dont have to be from heathro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
valcan222

V speeds 737-800

Hey everyone I have FSP and love it lol almost the rank of C1 lol. anyways I mostly fly the 737-800 its not to large and I have practice with it lol, so when you start a flight in FSP it lets you enter the Vspeeds for takeoff I dont know what theas are fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
valcan222 on
SteveT

Problem with Overland MD11

Hi, Today, I took the Overland MD11 for a test flight. However, when I began my descent at 25,000 feet, the nose seemed to be at about 5 degrees nose up????!!!! And when I decreased speed to about 190 knots at 10,000 feet it started to stall and t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on

How to make my own plane

Hello. can anyone tell me whats the easiest way to make my own plane for FS2004 having a autocad model made of the plane??? i also have to make a panel with the gadgets needed for that type of plane....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
TheProwlingPanther

Please help me with the display settings!

Hi, i got this game today, installed it etc, ran it, ran fine, exept that I cant manage to change the display settings, i goto: Settings --> Display and the little "Drag Bars" dont drag, they just stay still, and when i use my scroll wheel to mov...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on

When to use Flaps on A321-211

hey 😀 im all new to fs, when do i have to set flaps to when taking off, crusing, landing on a A321- 211 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
patw

Wow

Check this out, a brave pilot....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on
brownbox

low fps

well now that i know how to see my fps, i have descovered the shocking truth. while sitting on the runway at changi airport im getting guess what framerate.... not 15...not 10...not 5....but 4! :cry: :cry: thats right! i get 4 maybe 5fps and in full sc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
pilotwannabe

PIC ERJ repaints

HI everyone, I've been looking for some repaints for my PIC ERJ 145 but have only found a BA one and a few others on avsim. Am I missing something?? The PIC 737 has LOADS of extra liveries available....but for the ERJ there seems to be very few?? Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
chrissie

War Zone in FSP went out of control

I was rolling down runway 1 at Washington National Airport (KDCA) and as soon I started climbing, I turned right a little and was being shot at on ground and who ever it was shot my fuel tank, hydrolics system, gears, and my right engine. I tried to turn ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
davidmac1

how high can you go

how high can you go on fs2004. i've put the sim rate to fastest and got to 60000ft, before plumiting to the ground...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chrissie on
Doyley

Crosswind - Oops

I was coming in to land at EGNS earlier today. There was a pretty severe crosswind so I decided to fly the final approach manually. I dont have rudder pedals so I have to use the keyboard. Problem is forgot to straighten the rudder before touchdown so ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
NoWorries

Sunrise/Sunset at Supersonic Speeds?

I've never heard of a pilot talking about this...but I wonder if it happens. At the equator on the Summer/Winter Solstice, the earth is spinning at 1,083 miles per hour. It decreases as you approach the poles, until you get to the exact pole, where th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on

World Airports 2

hey there i jst brought it lol, im know im late, i just installed it now, so can i sell it, cos i wouldnt need the disc anymore would i , would it work some1 com if i got it on mine 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
morten123

Map and dead reckoning problems

Hi Anyone know of a way to remove your own plane from the default map in fs9?? Im planning to fly some old style dead reckoning, but each time i look at my map i see exactly where my plane is , and i feel its kinda cheating. I need the map to naviga...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
trav

Road Traffic Possibilities

Hi i would just like to know if it is possible to have ground moving traffic like moving cars on highways in flight simulator 2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
Rich T

ATC identification

Does anyone have any idea how to get ATC to say what I want them to say? I have a British Airways BAe 146-300 which ATC call me "Speed Bird" and then the flight number. I am trying to get them to say "British Airways" and flight number "BA8704". I a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Chris777

WILCO PIC 737-500

Hi everyone, I have the WILCO PIC 737-300, 400, 500, I however don't have the liveries for the Continental 737-500, if someone has the continental livery for 737-500 and would like to trade, I would really appreciate it, I have a lot o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris777 on
Page 41 of 111