Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

techfun3

fps problems with fs2004

the problem is that i play fs2004 at the best configuration possible and it moves generally at 30fps but it changes and falls to 15fps when im in huge airports or passing trough a city, but the big thing is that in these places when the fps fall i quit t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
azabro

Graphics Cards

Hi, Say I have just bought a new graphics card, and just want to pop it straight in, do certain cards require different slots? If so, How do I locate the Graphics Card Slot. Thanks! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
Jamier

Skiing holiday to Grenoble

These are the pics from my skiing trip to Grenoble. Got as many pictures of aircraft as possible. Sorry about the bad quality of some its only a cheap £37.49 or something from ASDA 😀 http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j144/airsoftukpro/Skiing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
flightcheck

SO ANGRY!!!

I was on a 2.5 hr flight from Broome (YBRM) to Perth (YPPH) in the fokker 100 in the skywest livery 🙂 I was about 20 mins out from my final destination when my game crashed to desktop :evil: :evil: :evil: im so angry!!!! just puts me off do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on

ATC question

im new to fs, i was wondering when you take off you got 3 options with the ATC which are: 1. Request full stop landing 2. Request Airport direction 3. Cancel landing intentions Which 1 do i have to chose?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
CoasterXtreme

Wrong runway

I was trying to take off from an airport that has 2 runways. One of them is a bit smaller but a 737 would have no problem taking of on it. the other is large enough for a 747 to take off. I was flying a 747 so I figured they would send me to the longer ru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Doyley

Around the world

Hi all, I am going to fly around the world in many stages in a 737. Problem is that I am awful with geography and I dont know where many airports are or the best way to plan a route around the world. I want to start at EGGP. Does anybody have a list...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
dannyboy2005

Whats better. traffic 2005 or Ultimate Traffic?

I have seen many of you use Ultimate Traffic. I have got traffic 2005. I take it that on both you can fly all planes and drive a follow me car and are built by the same company. But what one is better? E.g. Dose Ultimate Trafic aircrafts have custom panne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
TimTim

Make your own flying lessons???

Hey everyone, This may be a long shot, but here it goes Is it possible to make your own flight lessons?? Well maybe not exactly lessons but to be able to make things like the Rod Machado lessons, where certains events are triggered when certain thin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Jared

Comming Soon From Carenado...

Well Carenado has announced thier newest airplane. The link is below. Well all I know is I am going to get her. http://www.carenado.com/html/incomings.php3...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
mackem

greg737 autoland fix

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
vickysokhi

SID/STARs Flight Plan

Hi Guys Thanks for the replying to my last post. I am woundering hoe to create SID/STARs or u can say Flight plans which we can enter into the FMC I have gone throgh so many websites but cant understand Pls help me to understand so that I can co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
arulu

Uninstall update FS9.1

I already uninstall and deleted the entire file from registry before reinstalling FS2004. Now I want to install the FS9.1 update, it says the update already exists. I don't understand. The update is not there at all. Can you please help me to solve this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
arulu on
Doyley

Chopper Engine Failure

Hi all, A while back I started a discussion about engine failures in helicopters and learnt that it is possible to make the rotar blades act as a sort of parachute. Now is this possible in FS? I climbed to 2000ft and cut the engines and the rotar sto...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
Faucett

texture reload

Does anyone know about the "texture reload" function in fs9, and how to use it? Many thx 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
TimTim

Taxiing.. FS ATC don't do it right

Hi everyone Ever notice after you land the Tower will tell you to "... turn next taxiiway"?? Sometimes this can be confusing. Some airports its straight-forward, as you can only turn left or right, not both, so its simple then But in some airports, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chad_ryan86 on
Marok

OK I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT HELP with the X52

sorry about the caps on the title but hey it drew you in didnt it lol. well anyways on to my question OK with the throttle controll the X52 comes with it, well its hard to explane to you that dont have one but to all the people out there that do, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
claudioerrazuriz

Default ai traffic and ATC in multiplayer

Well...is it possible by configuring fs9.cfg or an existing patch or something to set up a multiplayer session with default ai traffic and default fs2004 ATC just like in single player mode? Thank you for your answers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
claudioerrazuriz on
leachus2002

Airbus A319/20/21 Panel Recommendations?

Hey Peeps, Not been around for a while, but now that I am back I am looking at changing my A320 panel for one that possibily has a MCDU and one that lets you input a flight plan etc etc. I understand that the chances of getting a freeware one is sma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
rodders47

Air Navigation Maps

Does anyone know where I can download Jeppersen air nav maps that will work with FS 2004 ? I usually use these maps in other Flight Sims that show the NDB/VOR etc and also the airport plates. I'm lost without em 😀 Are they within the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
girik9

Strange problem

Whenever I try and increase the throttle in-game, the computer suddenly displays a blue screen and restarts. This is not a problem with the joystick that I use because it works in all my other games. I do not have Internet Explorer 7 and I have tried r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
girik9 on
pearlygatesuk

Simple FMC

I've just done a full reinstall of MS Flight Sim X (only joking its 2004 really) anyway, I used to have a program called SimpleFMC but cant find a place to download it - can anyone help? Cheers Pearly...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Simmy

Multiple monitors

I have just set up two monitors both of which are working but I do not know how to place the aircraft control panel on one and the scenery views on the other. Can anyone help please. 😀 Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bearboy on
fcpoker

information zulu current

i have a question that i believe i know the answer to but just wanted to get some confirmation. While flying online ATC will on ocassion inform that the information at the airport im landing or taking off from is (ALPHA, BRAVO, CHARLIE, e.g.) is current....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fcpoker on
Wing-man

Hidden commands in FS

Hi people 😉 . Today, I've been reading alot as regards FS, I've put some into practice, so I'm going to attempt to put this together and maybe it will help some. Hidden commands in FS............. I'm sure that alot of people (including mysel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Flyguy4

Need some help

I just installed FS2004 on a new computer with alot of paywear and am having a problem. About an hour into a flight the tool bar dissapears on me and if I go to the Alt to bring it back up my fs will shut down. Any ideas how to correct this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
ceetee

FSUIPC Joystick Calibration

I was told that re-calibrating my joystick through FSUIPC might fix my problems I am having with aircraft banking left and right. I have never purchased a copy of FSUIPC but read that it may be installed on my system by any addon already. I have had...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
victorb

Question... about downloads..

Hi, i'm a boy on 14 years. I not get it, now i payed for the flyaway membership, but now wen i doawnload a plane, WinRAR want's me to pay. Do I really have to pay for all that?! 😀 Please " 😀 help" me.. ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on

Landing problems?

I am having great difficulty lining up the aircraft to land on a runway. I can find the airport with no problems, I just can't get my approach path correct. I am not using ILS, but am using a visual approach. Does anyone have any tips?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
mcmxl

Difficult Approaches

What airports do you know that have difficult approaches in FS? I know that Eagle co. Mun. (KEGE) in colorado does. 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
madbrit on
Bhupesh

What is 12'o clock

Hi friends, It's been a long time I have been here. So how you guys doing there? Well just a quick one 😂 I know I come with stupid questions everytime...Well I have seen this whenever I request Airport Directions from the ATC I hear Airport is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mrtazzy on
beerbadger

A tribute to RAF 206 Sqn

Hello all, I just made this video, my first one so its not very good =) Id still like your comments though 😂 How can i improve this? This is my first video though. OK here it is: :twisted:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
rob2492

flying with the keyboard (FS2004)

I am trying to figure out how to center the stick vertically using keyboard controls. There is a center for yaw and bank (num 5) but how do I know where to center the elevators? How does the keyboard behave with respect to pitch? For instance does the sti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
mcmxl

FAA

My dad is a controler at denver center. I've heard rumores pilots don't like the FAA. What are your thoughts? No offence taken. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
Long-Distance

Does MSFS support OpenGL or Direct3D Stereoscopic display?

I have some 3D I-glasses that can produce stereoscopic 3D images. I was wondering if MSFS can support OpenGL or Direct3D? I am using a Nvidia Gforce video card and they claim their stereo 3d drivers will works on all games, both Direct3D and OpenGL ht...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
brownbox

seattle, cessna 172

you know how when you start fs2004 the things already selected are cessna 172 and seattle intl and fair weather? how do i change these? for example if i wanted to change the airport to san fransisco instead.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Marrok

I have a question

OK now this is somewhat about the new flight sim X but not entirly so here it is lol. Ok insted of buying a COMPLEATLY new comp " I plan to sometime next year anyway and I will be keeping the comp I have now anyway." I want to be able to play flight si...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
marok on

Recommendations on Software and Hardware for flight sim ...

I am looking for suggestions on a good flight simulator application and hardware, and why anyone would recommend any particular product(s). I recently took my first flight lesson, took advantage of the FAA special for $50, and I absolutely loved it. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
SeanGa

Engines of the 747

It seems like the 2 outer engines of each wing of the 747 are "bent" a little inwards. Why is this? Just curious, thanks in advance 🙂 edit: I think this goes for the airbus A340 as well...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
kianok

FS Sky

.....been thinking of buying this but i can recall some people having CTD probs with this product. Is it more trouble than its worth? Is it worth buying? Your guidance is much appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
TimTim

Train Simulator vs Flight Simulator

Hey everyone Which is your favourite?? Obviously the majority of the answers are going to be Flight Sim and some of the answers here will be biased (it being Fly Away and all). But some people might prefer Train Sim. And for the people that do?? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
mrgps1

gliders??

How do you get the glider in FS9 up in the skys :dontknow:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
TimTim

I want to learn how to fly helicopters.

Hey everyone I have been flying planes for a while in flight simulator. I love planes, and there very easy to handle once you get the hang and there is no severe weather conditions But I now want to learn how to fly a helicopter in Flight Simulator....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimTim on
TimTim

Turning on the ground??

Hi everyone!! I was wondering, how come the turning on the ground in Flight Simulator in jets such as the 737-400 is so bad?? In real planes, the turning is much more sharper, and you can even see it real sharp in the AI planes On the ground, I stee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on
NoWorries

My Dell doesn't have an option to turn off Anti-Aliasing

What do I do? It's an intel graphics card, and it has very, very few adjustments... Am I looking in the right place? Under display controls>Advanced? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
NoWorries

Newark Airport - KEWR - Why's it abbreviated like that?

http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/pdfs/00285AD.PDF It seems like KNWK or KNRK or something like that would suit it better... Anybody know the story about EWR?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimTim on
MentalPilot

What Video Card u recommend?

Hi, I'm having problem with my video card. My video card is: 3dfx Voodoo3 Apprx total memory: 16.0MB date installed : 16th August 2001 This is a second-hand card. I also have DirectX 9.0c Is this card not ideal for playing Flight Simulat...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
seadogs

ctrl z

Hi there. When you push cntrl z, red writting appears. What does e.g. wind 111/10 mag mean? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Long-Distance

Virtual cockpit using mouse to look around

Is it posible? because for one reason, i just got a head tracker (like a gyromouse) it uses mouse like protocol for tracking data. and two i think it would be a useful tool for msfs (maybe activated by a hot-key or something?). any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
hms_endeavour

Aicraft.cfg

Hi guys, I need some help.In this one folder(of a Jayhawk HH-60)I can't open the Aircraft.CFG file to read the contents.All it'll do is start up fs9,and then say something like"file unfindable".Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimTim on
Page 43 of 111