Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

CrashGordon

I think FSP is wrong.

Why would I get a perfect flight when I'm dumb enough to take off in a light plane in a thunderstorm? Flight OAC864 End of flight report Date October 16 2005 Flight ID: OAC864 Pilot: CrashGordon Company: OmegaAir Charter ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
HowardsRock

Graphics cards

I have a Radeon graphics card with 128MB of RAM. I use Ultimate Traffic and Ultimate Terrain, and the sim gets VERY choppy over busy airports like JFK. What card upgrade do you guys recommend for smooth frames at busy airports (least expensive that wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nottobe

ILS Back Course landing

I flew to Nantucket Mass, but there was only runway 6 ILS backcourse landing. Everything was smooth until after it established the BC localizer, then I realized that there was no glide slope on my gauge. So I had no way to descend since the visibility was...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
AJWatson2209

Kph true or airspeed

Hi guys, Im hoping you can help me out here, i was reading the BA fact book about their fleet and they said that their crusing speed was 927kph, now when im flying my cusing speed (which is very near the overspeed speed is only about 340 kph, im think...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AJWatson2209 on
CrashGordon

Forgot VATSIM Password

A while back, I joined VATSIM, but never had the courage to do anything there. I thought I'd saved the email I got from them, but... :doh!: Now, I can't figure out how to log in and don't recall the necessary info to get a new password. Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Pro-Sim

SUPERB & FREE: Texture Converter

All, Do you ever get frustrated at how some of your add-ons render really quickly (the exterior aircraft model), while others take a few seconds to display when you switch from a cockpit view to an outside view ? Well this is often down to whether t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Screenshot man on

difference between course and heading?

What is the difference between "Course" and "Heading" in the auto-pilot settings? I know when I set the "heading" it's just the direction I am pointing the plane in (and that's all I use when I'm doing autopilot)... but how is "course" any differen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Guest Ed

Thinking about a tour-- low and slow variety

Hey, While I was on vacation last week, I had time to sit and chat with my uncle in South Carolina (that's in the US of A, for those of you who aren't). He's about 80 years old. I had been told that he was a pilot during World War II, but in talkin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
atreyu

Stalling

hey, i was flying from pdx to san IFR and about 9miles out from pdx the plane stalled and crashed all of a sudden. i had the ap on and auto throttle my speed 295kias. i was climbing up to 28,000ft and my vertical speed was 1800. i had no flaps. am i doing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Jared

Flight 1 ATR-72

Well in April I was considering to buys the Flight 1 ATR-72. From the reviews, pictures, and videos I have see it looks awesome. now I really want a regional/commercial airplane to fly all the time. I own two other F1 products and they are great. I don't ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
lkw

missing gagues

Down loading planes I come up with one or two gagues missing. Checking back in the download I find the gagues which I put in the gague folder but the gagues in question are indeed missing. Is there a resource where I can possible pick up missing gagues....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CoasterXtreme

pitch trim...

I am having some problems with the pitch trim wheel. I was told that I can use it to help keep the plane flying level without having to pull the joystick back to keep the plane level. I have been able to do this but i usually have to use the pitch trim wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
Guest Ed

Stolen jet found in Atlanta

Hi all, I've been off-line for a while, as I was away from home on vacation. One item in the news I've been following, however, was the story of the Cessna Citation Seven that mysteriously turned up at an airport in Atlanta, Georgia (USA). That's a t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
tubeamp

Thinking of going w/LCD monitor

Have heard some newer LCD's have Greatly improved as far as Gaming. Is this true, anyone using a LCD for FS9. I personally would like 19' LCD. Using a 17'' CRT now but if I have to I will go to a 19'' CRT. Thanks for any feedback !!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
crosscheck9

Hops

Hey, I have a question. If you download the hopping packs which give you certain hops you have to complete, where do you download them to, (which files do i put them in). Any help would be appreciated...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
Desperated Person

Taxi bug

Hi all, I don't found an answer on my question yet,but I have a question about Taxiing my plane. When I start Pushback,I cant turn my plane to the L or R.I can only drive backwards,so I must throttle up my engines for turning to L or R, this is very...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
CaptainTower

FSUIPC Key Assignments

Here's another little thing I discovered about FS9. When I am flying and want to Cancel IFR, I am always told, "Frequency change approved." In other words, set Transponder to 1200 for VFR. I wanted to assign a key through FSUIPC (v. 350). I tried putt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
robbier

[ Poll ] What aircraft/scenery/addon would you prefer?

I am just curious because i have all of those aircraft/scenery/addons and i wanted to know what you guys think....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
mikee747

A320 Professional

Hello, How do I get the expansion pack - PSS A320 Professional -to work in FS2004. It is designed for FS2002 but I would like it in 2004. Thanks, Michael...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
astrosteve

FS2004 Screenshot Gallery

Hi Everyone - How often are the FS2004 Screenshots updated. I sent some beautiful screenshots of a flight from SEA to SAN in an Alaska Air MD83. One passing over Mt. Rainer. I used Ultimate Traffic and MegaScenery Pacific Northwest. I have sent several...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
AJWatson2209

No Crack CD help please

Hi their, when i downloaded the no crack CD FS9 off here it said that it failed to start as i didnt have the MFC70.Dll, does anyone know what this means or where i can download it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AJWatson2209 on
roger123

Airport Lists

Hi folks, Does anyone know if there is a file to dowload, that contains a complete list of all the airports contained in FS 2004? I have looked on the download section on this site, with no result. I didn't have any joy on Flt Sim Com either. I recal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
roger123 on
crosscheck92

AMAZING Pic in screenshots

Does anyone know how these graphics are possible? - They're UNREAL!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
jetway9

Landing using Autopilot

I usually land manually, but I tried landing using the autopilot apr button. What I did was I flew the Beachcraft Baron and placed the frequency of the runway in the Nav 1 radio stack and set the course of the runway in the Horizontal Situation Indica...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jetway9 on
CrashGordon

FSSound.dll not compatible?

At some point FS9.1 began complaining tha tFSSound.dll might not be compatible and offered the choice of loading or not. Loading it causes no problem. I've seen this discussed on other forums, where the consesnsus is that it isn't a real problem, but no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
XVII

I don't understand why it's running so slow with my specs

I am running at about 70% graphic capability on FS2004, but it should not normally be running at 40 frames per second considering my specs: 2.2 Ghz AMD Athlon Processor 1 Gig DDR SDRAM Ati Radeon 9800PRO AGP 256MB of video memory I also have only us...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
mdkeener

Can an Aircraft Carrier be added into FS2004??

New to flight sim, new to this site, its hog heaven, have some troubles trying to load planes into my FS, but I can work it out I guess. I was very interested in military planes/jets, was wondering if an Aircraft carrier could be put into my FS2004. What...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
Ansten

spining when the autopilot is on.

hi i cant fly with my autopiloton. when its on the aircraft spins and crashes. I cant fix the problem. i have not experienced this before on 2002 but on 2004 it happens all the time. can anyone help me??? please? thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
nottobe

select engine for throttle control

I know I can press E and 1/2 to select engine control, can select both engines with E+1+2. but actually its not working, my ch yoke can only ontrol left engine. I checked assignment, E IS assigned to engine (select). Any idea why is not working?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
captin sullivan

downloading planes on to fs 2004 disck trouble

I keep on having trouble when i try and download an aircraft on to my flight simulation disk as it wont let me add aircraft on to the c.d.it says the disk is full but also says i can copy files on to it.however it dosent let me delete files off the c.d ne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Liono

Active Sky

Anyone know how to get the Active radar to show cloud formations...im getting nothing, just a black radar screen, and yes it is on. I can't get anything to show up...i do have the airprts posted on the active radar, but no cloud formations or storm fro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
nottobe

what does Yaw Demper do?

and in a turbo porp there's a switch Inverter, dunno what that does either 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
XVII

Cannot find that blasted fs9.cfg file!

And I can view hidden files/folders...I searched and searched...can't find it ANYWHERE 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
atreyu

flight following?

what is "request flight following" ive seen it in the atc window when im flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
CrashGordon

FS Addon Manager

Saw the add for the product and took a look at it. If anyone has tried both, does FS Addon Manager have enough more than the freeware FltSimManager to justify spending $39?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
originalgrunge

Finally! 'been waiting too long to get into this cockpit...

I finally completed the requisite flight hours over at UVA to take the 747 checkride! Wow, i've got over 400 hours, and now I finally get to stretch the wings on my PMDG Queen! (It only takes 105 category V hours, not 400 hours, but I took my sweet time ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
atreyu

default ai traffic

what file do you have to delete to get rid of the default ai traffic?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
FT

How do I create a flight to start in mid-air?

When I do "create a flight", how do I make it so I'm about 15 miles out, at 3,000 feet or so, to a certain airport? I'd like to practice my landings on different airplanes at different airports. But all I've seen is the "select runway for departure" sec...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
madlander

hows this for a flight!

Flight WAA126 End of flight report Date 03 October 2005 Mode realistic - Flight already registered Flight ID: WAA126 Pilot: Alan Man Company: Wiggy Airlines Aircraft: iFDG 767-300 ER British Airways BNWH Flight Date: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TSK on
CrashGordon

Strange behavior

Mike Stone's A380 normally handles well. However, when I set it up for use with FS Passengers, it rotated on its own at 104 kts, scraped its tail on the runway and climbed at an angle of 50 degrees until it stalled. :rofl: Even trimming its nose down...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
BRACE POSTIONS PLEASE

OVERSPEED!!!

Im fairly new to fs2004 and have got a question regarding the larger planes, i.e. 737, 747 etc... I can take off and do all the checks after many weeks of reading tutorials and land (Fairly) safely although it is getting better and slowly learning abou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
astrosteve

Removing Airplane ID

Hello - Can someone tell me how to remove the ID info above the planes including mine. "Thanks" AstroSteve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
amermel

Trim

I'm getting flight time in a Cessna 172. I fly the plane on autopilot. When I take off the plane rolls to the left. Also when I am on the approach it rolls to the left but I don't know how to fix it. I have a Ch Products Flight Sim Yoke which has elec...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
Aldeeb

Kneepad "how to fly" document

I note that all the downloads I have come with no flying data and wonder if it is availble from a source I have yet to find. I manage to get Short "Scylla", DH "Beaver" up and down but I haven't tried to land a "Tucano"....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mark1234

IFR problem

I've decided to start learning more about navigation and read up on VOR and IFR. After taking the flight lessons in FS2004 and reading some of the forums I have been able to figure a lot of the navigation out. However, when I use IFR navigation I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
ae-sim

how to unsubscribe???

:evil: I have singed in years ago, i don't know the nickname anymore, and the password is also gone, but I still recieved emails form filtght sim team. HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRICE??????? I have make another account to put this text here. the only way...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
megafoot

I have lost all plane generated lights.

Here is a wierd problem, at least its wierd to me. I have all the lights on at night and my planes are lit up like christmas trees but the taxi and landing lights dont shine out into the environment at all. it is completely dark. when i look at the plane ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
HowardsRock

Question about taxiing...

Hey everybody! I wonder if I could get some help regarding taxiing down the runway. Is there any way to stabilize the plane during taxi and eliminate the "wobble" from side to side? I don't have a joystick...I use the keyboard. Also, this occasion...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Novel

record a flight

Hi all, hopefully somebody can help me. Is there a possibility to record a flight and export it to an avi file ? Or any other ideas how to record it ? I have the Filghtsim 2004 Thanks Roman...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on

microsoft flight sim 2004 low frame rate on runways ONLY??

Hi All, Ok this problem is slowly doing my head in! Im running-Windows XP pro on- 3.2 Athlon, Gigabyte 400 board, 512meg 3200 ddr ram, 256 meg ATI X800 xt card, 180gig drive. Loaded up flight sim last week and have been plagued with this problem, My ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 57 of 101