Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

mypilot

FAA training

Does anyone know if the FAA uses flight simulator 2004 to train students?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
Insight

Starting your flight in a cold cockpit

Hey guys, I am new to MS2004 and am wondering how I can start on the runway / parking pad with a cold cockpit so I can perform the startup routine myself. Can anyone please give me some advice on how to do this? Much Appreciated Insight...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
ArchAngel_06

Dual Channel

I have a quick question about dual channel memory. I have 4 slots which can support up to two dual channel set ups. For simplicity lets name theses dual channel set ups A and B. Lets say I have Dual A set up with 2x 512's at ddr 550 (1gb total). I wan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ArchAngel_06 on
chrisg0lxb

TFT screens & Hercules 4000xt

Hello, I am an absolute beginner, but, I have installed FS2004 onto my AMD1700+ (512Mb) with a 4000xt video card, and despite getting all of the intros etc, etc, I get a black screen when attempting to start a sim. Is this my 17" TFT screen? or my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
brentmeister

2D Cockpit help pls

Any advise would be appreciated concerning the fs9 2D Cockpits. Whilst 95% of the default fs9 aircraft display problems with the cockpit, the 737-400 is perfectly detailed and stable whereas the cessna is not. Most cockpits flash intermitenttly whil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brentmeister on
Josh5

World Airports 2??

does anyone know if World Airports 2 is good? (flight1)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Josh5 on
skhan786

how do i park at gates,

how do i aprk at gatess, also how i make the cargo, food trucks etc come...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
aviation_capting_mathew on
Vin4evr

FAA speed regulations

Hey, i was just wondering the airspace airspeed limits in different altitudes..does anyone know??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on

A320 vs. B737

hello, i dont know if it is just me but it seems that in real life the B737 is more "complex" than the airbus counterpart the A320. for example...flaps...the boeing 737NG has incremental flaps to 40 and airbus has 3 stages. is there a difference in the co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

FS 98

Does any one know were I can download FS 98? I've looked and looked and all I could find was a open source flight simulator with no controls. Can any one help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
twistedsucker

Can you draw your own route?

I know some of you may think I am a noobish gamer. But when planning a route to another airport. Is there any way that you can draw your own lines instead of one straight line so I can follow that line and land exactly on the runway.And so that the route ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
RadarMan

My New Ultimate Traffic Arrived

Last week I bought "Ultimate Traffic" and it arrived today. I did a "partial" installment because I was in my usual rush to see what I had bought. 🙄 It is nothing short of amazing, the aircraft parked at my airports has increased 10 fold. &#...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
cbaye

Notebook Pilot Questions

I have FS2004 installed on both my desktop and notebook computers. I would like some help optimizing my notebook for sim flying. 1. I loaded FS2004 in compact mode. I have some extra room on my HDD. Is it possible to upgrade the compact installation to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Dassault Falcon 7x by Peter Brun/Mario Coelho

Hello, does anyone have this besides me, and does anyone besides me notice that the nose gear does not retract on this aircraft. I repeatedly cycled it, and went through a emergency procedure, nose gear stayed out the entire time...Anyone know what's up?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Fire_Emblem_Master

I need a BizJet

Where can i find some BizJets? I suck at searching. I really want that new 3 engine one..can't remember what company made it, but I just want 3-4 bizjets...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
sonicninja

Removing FS2004 standard aircraft

Is there anyway of removing FS2004 standard package aircraft and just leaving the addon/downloaded aircraft installed????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
SNV001

FS9/FS2004 wont install

Hey, I am trying to install flight simulaton on my friends PC and it wont accept the 4th disk, it installd on my pc fine with no problems. 😕 anyone had the same problem? how can i fix this? Martin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
FLYPAL

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro vs Microsoft Sidewinder

Which one of these joysticks would be a better one for FS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sam Intel on
twistedsucker

Adjusting the slider

I tried making the graphics and the sound better by trying to adjust the slider but the slider will not just move! I've tried everything from moving it different directions and stuff but it will not move and this is getting really annoying. I would love i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
aviation_capting_mathew

plane clips.

Hi. Deos any-one know any good plaves to whatch plane clips, i have one whats awsome thousands on there: http://www.flightlevel350.com But i need some more places, if u know where some good plane clips, drop a link bellow. Thank's. P.s. any 1 kno...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
aviation_capting_mathew on
Chris102

Hovering

As you may/may not know, the Hovercontrol Blackhawk comes with a hover gauge. Is it possible to install this gauge to use with another helicopter?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
sonicninja

Best Addons for FS2004, recomends please????

Hi folks, i currently have quite a few addons for FS2004, most of them being Lago software, can anyone recomend any other addons that they would consider "The Best a man can get" as they say on the Gillette adverts??? many thanks, once again ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
LuckyLindy1

Joint Strike Fighter

Does anyone know where I could get a F-35 airplane for Microsoft Filght Simulator 2004. Thanks Tom...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
originalgrunge

777-200LR!!! Boeing answers the A380

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylh=X3oDMTEwdnZjMjFhBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEdGVzdAMwBHRtcGwDaW5kZXgtY3Nz/s/230119 (Sorry for the ugly URL, but it was the first place I spotted the story!) So apparently this new version can officially fly from London to Sydney, or up ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
horrgakx

Having problems downloading files (help please?)

I'm trying to download the following aircraft; http://www.flightsimonline.com/acdownloads/ (Most of the files can't be found on AVSIM or FLIGHTSIM) and http://www.flightsimonline.com/cargo/ When I manage to find the filenames, they seem to be rep...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
N-YORKER 13148

KJFK - EGLL

Can i get a 757-200 to fly from KJFK to EGLL with limited amount of fuel , because it looks that i im running out of fuel 3/4 of the way there on IFR , Im i using to much fuel on taking off , or somewhere....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest FEM on
Karl Pisani

Trouble with FSUIPC

Hi all, I have just managed to install the "Airbus Pro Series" from Phoenix Simulation Software. I have also installed Flight Simulator 2004. The problem is that when I open FS 2004 the following messages pop up, "The version of FS 2004 detected is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Vin4evr

concord help !

Hello Everyone, I am learning to fly Concord now. TO fly I am ignorant of many features of this aircraft. for example: Take off speads, flap limits etc etc..PLease post any relevant information or links. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
mypilot

Dehavilin

Does the DeHavilin Dash usually fly VFR or IFR on a short trip?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
horrgakx

Dual monitors and FS2004 - advice?

I've got round to adding a 2nd monitor on my Radeon 9800 Pro. What's the score with running FS2004 on two monitors? Anyone done it? Just that I tried running full screen (as normal) on my primary but as soon as I toyed with Outlook Express on the secon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
falcon900ex

What I'd like to see in FS2006

Actual consequences to not activating Pitot Heat or De-Ice in appropriate conditions. If there are any, I have yet to experience them. Overcast conditions in clouds need improvement. Others have voiced the same wish. Better ATC A.I. If I'm put on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
falcon900ex on
barkoman

[b]WORLD AIRPORTS 2 - WHERE CAN I GET A COPY??????[/b]

Hey, I'm looking to buy World Airports 2 from someone - it's discontinued. If your interested in selling it at a reasonable price, let me know. gravera@mail.drytel.net thanks :twisted:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
Sam Intel

Problems with FS2004

I have FS2004, when ever I try to fly any airplane it starts trying to pitch nose down and turn, even on the ground. This problem just started. I am not even touching the controls, I just advance the throttle and start out down the runway, as I pick up...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
roadster123 on
Tom14

B52 Complete Package--No Engine Sound !!!

I downloaded the complete B52 package and I have no engine sound. What's up with that? Anyone have any suggestions or is there a "fix" in the works? It sure would be nice to have complete sound, not just the landing gear sound....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Elkinallen

Frame rate improvement.

I downloaded a mod that someone did and it increases the graphics,,, makes them smoother. It works really well!!!!! Give it a try. All it is is a XML file. Works great!!!! Give it a try. Until I can upgrade with a new card, this works great!!!! Be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
chrismo

activesky 2004.5

bonjour a tous étant depuis peu en posséssion de activesky 2004.5, je voudrais que l'on vienne a mon aide. je n'arrive pas a activer activesky, toujour le même message en haut de la fenetre. activesky 2004.5 not connected to flight simulator ????u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Sam Intel

7E7 Dreamliner

Hey, does any body know where I can get a good 7E7(787) panel? I looked every where and I could not find one. :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

Keep Getting Electrical Failures!

This is the strangest thing! About 5-8 minutes into a flight all my electrical instruments fail....blank displays! I don't have any failures set but when that happens, it shows up in the failures that my electical has failed. I reset it but it doesn't ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mypilot

autopilot

How often do real world pilots use their autopilot?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
GeorgiaBoy

Learjet HSI Indicator - FS2004

Just signed up as a new member and this is my first post. I'm retired now but was a US FAA Navigational Aids Engineer in my younger years and helped commission a number of VORTACS and ILS systems in the southeastern US. I recently purchased a copy ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CP16

PSS

Good Day I have a320 and a340 of PSS.The problem is when I´m climbing to FL100 with MCDU, and AP1, the VS oh the plane is 3500 f/m.I know the real VS is 2500 f/m.This happened with a340, and a320 of PSS. Above FL100 the speed incresed and the plane cli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Habu

Instrument Panel Disappears

Hi All, I have recently been stymied by a sudden problem where my gauges and instument panel on some aircraft are missing, just a black silliouette where the instrument panel should be. Some of the FS2004 aircraft, like the 737 have their inst pnl,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
horrgakx

How to get into making flying a career?

The situation is that I'm being made redundant in June (UK) and I need to think about what to do. One option is to transfer within the company, another is to take the money & look for something else. A fantasy would be to work out of a small airport i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Richard Kilian

How do I get this???

I recently bought FLTSIM4 and I am in a quandry. How does one get the "Squawkbox" to work??. I have tried and tried and I cannot get it to show the "input line". I am sure I downloaded "SB" o.k. and I get all the inputs working, but I cannot get the "...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
FLYPAL

Best Joystick for FS2004?

Hello, What Joystick would be a good one for FS2004? George...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on

Airplanes

Hey im sure you have to have to be trained in a certain airplane for a certain amount of hours in order to be rated to fly that airplane, so my question is how many hours do you need in a certain airplane to be able to fly it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
I need to Fly!

Looking a good flight school in Northern California...

I'm looking for a good flight school in California. I'm in Northern California, and I'm sure there are thousands of them in the Southern part of the state. I'm looking in the North for obvious reasons. Is there anyone who can help or knows a good director...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
jimimac

page file

when using fs9 i sometimes get a message out of memory, im have 1gb of ram, i have checked the page file and its: initial 768mb - max 768mb is this correct or should i increase the page file. i thought windows adjusted the page file depending on what ram...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jimimac on
CP16

JeppView

Good day I have JeppView but when I open the jeppview,there is no charts there. Someone can help me thanks and good landings CP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CP16 on
Elkinallen

FDSFX soundsets

Anyone know where I can get other cabin calls to place in flight deck sound FX (FDSFX)? I know of the delta sounds. Anything else? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Page 88 of 111